Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:26 pm 

There's officially a new reissue for the legendary Кровоизлияние/Extravasation by Аспид: http://www.discogs.com/Aspid-%D0%9A%D1% ... se/5630860

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:28 pm 

I hope the tracks aren't sped up like in the other reissue. Fuck that shit.

CCSaint10
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:13 pm 

Yeah, and hopefully if they source it from vinyl again, the record will be in better shape. I'll wait for some kind of confirmation before I throw my money at it, because I'd like to own a properly done reissue and not just a cheap repressing of the 2007 one.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:26 pm 

Official release date seems to be the 13th of May, and there's a user on Discogs advertising copies for pre-order. The additional notes of the page read as following:

"Metal Race expresses its deep appreciation for the assistance in the preparation and the reissue of the album Alexei Kovalev - friend of the band and our label, as well as Andrei Subbotin (Saturday Mastering) for digitizing the DAT cassette, Dmitry Mamontov (Lykantropia Studio) for serious, Sergey Vinokurov for registration.

Special thanks to Vasily Shapovalov for the material and support our initiatives.

Recorded at SNC Records 3-18 May 1992."

So, am I imagining things or they did this remastering straight from the DAT? Could this be Extravasation like it was supposed to be?

CCSaint10
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:44 pm 

If so, that's awesome. I'd much rather hear it from the master tapes than vinyl, especially since the vinyl sourcing on the 2007 was rather marred. Let's just hope they don't screw it up with brickwall mastering.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:47 pm 

I'm on this. I'll keep everyone posted. ;)

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:25 pm 

Nice, I'm super pumped for that. If it is remastered from the original from the looks of things, I'm going to have to familiarize myself with the original speed of the songs.

I've gotten so used to hearing the 2007 version that I expect to hear the songs at the faster speed. Still no idea why they did that.

Panflute
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:16 am 

Agatus recently reissued their wonderful debut Dawn of Martyrdom.

I also own the No Colours edition, which is very basic and well... without colour. Needless to say, this new version is both way cheaper (I've seen the No Colours edition go for 80-100USD on eBay), as it is a wonderful digipack with the splendid original cover art in colour and a booklet containing all the lyrics.

Much like the re-edition of Kawir's To Cavirs album that was issued last year, this piece is well worth owning even if you already have the original.

saket_peace
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:21 am 

I contacted the label (metal race records) and asked them for a copy. They have it in stock..10$ each CD + shipping from Russia. The speed on this remastered CD is the same as the original recording on vinyl.. Can't wait to get hold of this!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:08 am 

I did so as well, still waiting for payment details though. I contacted both Metal Race and Lykantropia Studio (who did the remastering) and got the same response from both, that the reissue is sourced from the original DAT tape and features the recording as it was in terms of speed. They also let out in the open the idea that this new reissue is the one sanctioned by the band, and that the 2007 one is a bootleg. However that may be I'm guessing they just want to shed attentions from the 2007 one, because as far as I know the band did give permission for it to be reissued. But I'm sure someone will possibly interview them in the near future (or not).

The street date is April 23rd, and the release is limited to 500 CD copies. The vinyl edition is supposed to get out, but I couldn't confirm if its street date was the same or another that pointed out to the 13th of May. Anyway, seems like a good chance to get this.

In other news, the first three Massacra albums are coming out through CM at the end of May. And speaking of CM reissues, the Dawn demo compilation and first album are already available as well.

saket_peace
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:20 pm 

androdion wrote:
The street date is April 23rd, and the release is limited to 500 CD copies. The vinyl edition is supposed to get out, but I couldn't confirm if its street date was the same or another that pointed out to the 13th of May. Anyway, seems like a good chance to get this.

Hey are you sure that there's going to be an LP reissue as well?! From where did you get that info?!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:05 pm 

saket_peace wrote:
androdion wrote:

Hey are you sure that there's going to be an LP reissue as well?! From where did you get that info?!

OK, so I checked again and I actually fucked up, he he. CD only reissue. The new Metal Race Records website is already up and there's a song available from this reissue. Sounds pretty fucking good!

http://www.metalrace.com/en/releases/

Just click the name of the album and a mini-player will appear. ;)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:21 pm 

Still in regard to the 2007 edition, this may explain some things about it being truly sanctioned by the band or not. I'm not really sure how much truth is in the (alleged) words of Igor Burlakov, even more considering the absurdly high number of (again, alleged) vinyl copies.

Anyway, I'll leave a piece of the booklet of the 2007 reissue here: http://s.pixogs.com/image/R-3083495-138 ... -4042.jpeg

And now I'm curious as to whether it was really released in 1992 or 1993. MA says that it was released independently in 1992, but I'd sure like a source to back up that info. Also, does anyone speak Russian in here? Goggle Translator gives some very different song names...

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:35 pm 

I think the original release (the supposed independent release) had all the songs translated literally from Russian to English.

If you look up on Youtube the full album upload of the original vinyl release, there's a slideshow of pictures in the video that show the song titles, and some of them are similar to what was on "Extravasation", though they look more like they were just translated word for word.

A few examples: The title = "Effusion of Blood", "Comatose State" was "State of Coma", etc.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:39 pm 

You mean this picture? http://s.pixogs.com/image/R-3001470-135 ... -9139.jpeg

So you mean there are two different vinyl releases? The self-released one and the Ritonis one? That seems even more bizare if you ask me.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:47 pm 

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to. However, I have no clue if there are two different vinyls. I haven't done that much research into the matter.

It is definitely bizarre, I think we can all agree on that.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:59 pm 

Yeah, bizarre it is. All the research I've made leads me to conclude that the album was recorded in 1992 but only released a year later by Ritonis in vinyl format. Afterwards came the tape release, then the 2007 reissue made with permission (valid or not, who knows) given by the band's manager, sourced from a vinyl and sped up, and finally the 2014 reissue sourced from the original DAT tape provided by the band's drummer.

And thus according to the recent players involved, 1993 and 2014 release are official and the 2007 isn't. But then again unless someone can find a way to ask theses things directly to someone in the band we'll never know for sure.

saket_peace
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:55 am 

So I've made the payment to the Metal Race guys. Also asked them when they'll be shipping. No reply yet (hope they don't rip me off :-P ). Anyone knows if they'll be shipping anytime soon or sometime next month?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:59 am 

He told me he'd ship my order today, and I specifically asked for registered shipping on top of that. We'll see how it goes. ;)

Daemonlord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:02 pm 

For the Luciferion fans who are unaware - rejoice! Demonification (The Manifest) is getting a re-issue on Listenable in June (about time too).

https://www.instagram.com/daemonlord_ig/

bastardnasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:47 am 

Metal Race from Russia is reliable and a very promising new label.
I ordered the DAJ "Close friend of death/Алкоголь превратим мы в маачу!" CD which souds really good except for a couple of songs from the 2nd Demo which have some problems in the original DAT master that couldn't be fixed definitively.
But, in any case, there is a REAL remastering job from originasl DAT, so I assume that also the ASPID CD will get the same treatment

And the guy behind it, is ok. Sent by registered mail and arrived in quite a reasonable time considering the traditional slowness of russian post (parcels to abroad can be stopped for 7/10/15 days in Moscow before leaving for destination)

The difference in some song titles is because of different translations made on the tape edition and later uploads/sharing sources

Back at the time many russian releases had song titles in russian and an english translation which should be considered as the "official one" (despite many typos and mistakes) as it's the one who's appearing on the original vinyl/recording

Most of later re-issues/re-releases (if there were any) tried to fix song titles with better translations and other uploader who shared Mp3 throughout internet decided to make their own translations as well. In general - to me - I consider the english track list shown in the original Lp issue (or Tape or CD) as the only official one, depiste it may be uncorrect or full of mistakes

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:24 pm 

Thanks for the info, since I believe most (if not all) people here were unaware of Metal Race even existing. ;)

MA usually lists the original form in which the songs were released, thus the Russian names, and then adds extra info with the translations. But those are just transliterations and not meant to be taken as "official" English names. Like you said, original vinyl release has translations and those are the official translations for what is worth. MA just tends to have correct translations/transliterations as extra info on albums.

Eagerly awaiting for my copy to arrive, can't wait!

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:42 pm 

Same, I just paid for the invoice two days ago. I haven't gotten any confirmation of it being shipped yet, but I'm assuming they'll get to it like everything else.

FlynnEatsBreakfast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:51 pm 

Daemonlord wrote:
For the Luciferion fans who are unaware - rejoice! Demonification (The Manifest) is getting a re-issue on Listenable in June (about time too).

Thank you for relaying this most excellent news. I was literally just pondering this morning about when this album would get reissued. Good stuff.

saket_peace
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:50 am 

bastardnasum wrote:
Metal Race from Russia is reliable and a very promising new label.

Thanks for the info! My order has been shipped.. However Russian post is notorious for delaying even registered parcels. It takes about 7-10 days for the parcels to leave Moscow! But after that it shouldn't take too long.

subtropical
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:27 am 

The Greyhaze Records CD/DVD reissue of Mystifier's Wicca is pretty awesome. The artwork is great and the live DVD's watchable too. I hope they reissue Goetia some time.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:15 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
Same, I just paid for the invoice two days ago. I haven't gotten any confirmation of it being shipped yet, but I'm assuming they'll get to it like everything else.

About how much did it cost? I've never ordered anything from Russia but am VERY interested in purchasing this. Just want to be sure I have the necessary dollars set aside for it.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:21 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:

About how much did it cost? I've never ordered anything from Russia but am VERY interested in purchasing this. Just want to be sure I have the necessary dollars set aside for it.

10USD for the CD and should be something like 15USD for shipping, plus Paypal taxes. Heavy, I know.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:48 pm 

The Morpheus Descends Anthology is getting closer. The band has recorded new tracks which will likely be included with the Anthology as well. I heard one, it sounds great.

Once we have all the material, we will decide what is the best format for the CD. It will likely be a multi-disc box set with some live DVD footage added.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:46 pm 

Yeah, what androdion said. Specifically, it came to $27.00 USD

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:48 pm 

ogmetal wrote:
The Morpheus Descends Anthology is getting closer.

Great news!

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:56 pm 

I am really looking forward to this long overdue re-release. Baptism's first album and an old EP that's basically long enough to be considered a full length http://baptism.bigcartel.com/product/early-days-2x-cd-package

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:44 am 

Memento Mori just officially announced that they're reissuing Spina Bifida's Ziyadah along with the 1992 demo. It will come out next July.

saket_peace
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:25 am 

Аспид – Кровоизлияние (Aspid - Extravasation). The 2014 reissue just arrived from Russia! Bought another one as a gift for a friend :D

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:14 pm 

Marmer wrote:
Anyone has some info on the New Re-issues of the God Macabre - The Winterlong Cd and LP?

What i've heard, was that Relapse is doing these. With a Newly Recorded old song as Bonus Track. Confirmed by Jonas of GM. But no date is set so far? Im realy curious coz i need that one badly.

Any info would be helpful.

May 27!
CD and two vinyl colors.
http://www.relapse.com/label/the-winter ... issue.html
or
http://www.relapse.com/search_result.ph ... re&x=0&y=0

edit: Just noticed you in fact already posted a link to answer your own question last month. Awesome. I'd forgotten this reissue was coming until someone mentioned it on another forum. Finally I can get a physical copy of this thing.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:58 pm 

Too bad Relapse doesn't give away the tracklist for the reissue... :(

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:31 pm 

These came out today.
http://greyhazerecords.com/

Is there anything special about these Immortal reissues I'm seeing on Amazon? All of their pre-SoND albums, released either 2013 or this year, on Osmose. I remember The End put them out about ten years ago. Is this just a case of a catalog reverting to the prior owners or ... I dunno.

This was amusing. The song titles: http://www.amazon.com/Battles-North-Imm ... 00E21DAHS/

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:57 pm 

Anyone pick up the Nightside Eclipse reissues that came out today? Are the remastered/other version tracks worth it?

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:30 am 

Huh, so Blood Music just posted this:

Quote:
Blood Music is extremely, incredibly proud to announce the greatest extreme metal band of all-time to its roster - Emperor!

We've been working behind-the-scenes for more than a year - carefully compiling every detail of Emperor's oeuvre from the minute they began in 1991 until their final breath in 2007. We are working directly in conjunction with the members themselves to compile the most incredible, beautiful, and archival collection one could ever imagine into a massive COMPLETE WORKS box set, due to be released in approximately one year.

This will be the first time the band's music will be properly remastered for vinyl, as well as presented in true vinyl special editions of any kind. An insane honor for us to take part in.

Start saving your money this minute. The box set will be a one-time only, limited edition pressing. There will be no copies of our records outside the box set this time. This will be a unique offering that will make a massive mark upon the history of metal and quickly vanish into thin air.

Oh, and it will be the largest metal box set of all-time (beating out our Moonsorrow set) and one of the largest box sets ever created in the history of music. So really ... if you want in on this. Start saving now.

Early-to-mid 2015.

Bigger than the Moonsorrow? The Moonsorrow was FOURTEEN records. How much Emperor stuff is there??

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:05 am 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Bigger than the Moonsorrow? The Moonsorrow was 350€.

FTFY. ;)

I wonder if it will cost less than 500€, he. I get that it's one of those "once in a lifetime things", but this is getting ridiculous very very fast.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next