Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:22 pm 

Enjoy their albums for what they are - two older blokes doing what they want and enjoy. My favourite album is SJ followed by ABITNS. Be great if they pulled out a death metal album again out of nowhere, though I doubt it (though at the same time, it would not shock me).

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:34 pm 

booK_of_blood wrote:
I thought metal was all about slaughtering holy cows and being leaders rather than followers, free thinkers, forward thinkers, mavericks, courageous enough to voice even the least popular opinions and shit on the consensus, on what everybody else it thinking

The Randy Marsh of Metal everybody.

ghostuser
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:02 pm 

just look at that dudes post history... forget it :lol:

anyway, to get this back on track... i'm pumped for new 'throne. i fucking loved arctic thunder and recently really clicked with TUR, and i have been hunting for more "heavy black metal" type stuff because of it. anyone got any recs? i've never really got into traditional heavy metal because of the vocals (can't stand falsettos) so anything with a rougher or more aggressive vocal style with the heavy/speed riffs, i'm eager to find.

example - i found this record recently and think it's great (aside from the album title.. lol): Hellward - Heavy Fvckn Black

https://pestproductions.bandcamp.com/album/heavy-fvckn-black

Eradicatedseraphim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:04 pm 

I think with a band like them who were so influential and to any lesser extent other 30+ year old band, I’m just excited to see them putting out new material. I enjoyed Tundra Leach due to the simplicity of the riffs and great combination of Heavy/black metal, Underground took me a few spins but I enjoy the first three tracks as well. Hoping they give me a few faster numbers like the first half of Underground, but overall Darkthrone really are just making the music they want to record d

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:47 pm 

"For our new album, I'd only like to do ONE interview. With Malcolm Dome. However, if he has never heard or understood the significance of the debut of DREAM DEATH journey into mystery - I'd rather do NO interview for the new album at all.

- f e n r I z"

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, or maybe it's glaringly obvious, but that Dream Death album as an influence on the new material is a VERY intriguing prospect.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:31 pm 

it was a pretty obvious influence on Arctic Thunder

CityofScreamingStatues
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:03 pm 

Chaosmonger wrote:
it was a pretty obvious influence on Arctic Thunder

Yeah, Fenriz even mentions in a interview that they used a Dream Death riff in Tundra Leech.

They mostly seem to be paying homage to older, more obscure bands at this point. Which they do quite well in their own Darkthrone way.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2