Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
UnserHeiligeTod
Lagompräst

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:59 pm 

I'm not acting defensive, I was precisely trying to show why you shouldn't be overtly defensive around here with that example. If one is a part of a minority, like myself, or you I guess, then one should expect to be insulted and made fun of for it here.

I don't want to potentially be sanctioned by a mod, so if you want to continue with this then do so by PM (though this is quite pointless already).

And about that early PM, I didn't answer because we essentially were discussing about completely different things (me about my dislike of Islam; whereas you were trying to justify Dubai as the city itself).

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:30 pm 

UnserHeiligeTod wrote:
I'm not acting defensive, I was precisely trying to show why you shouldn't be overtly defensive around here with that example. If one is a part of a minority, like myself, or you I guess, then one should expect to be insulted and made fun of for it here.

I understand people should not overreact to things (I don't think I was overreacting at all though), but it's another to just lay down on the ground and let people walk all over you. The best way to handle it is to stand your ground while not appearing overzealous or pretentious in your stance.

Quote:
I don't want to potentially be sanctioned by a mod, so if you want to continue with this then do so by PM (though this is quite pointless already).

There's really nothing left to discuss here. But if you want to, you're more than welcome to PM me.

Quote:
And about that early PM, I didn't answer because we essentially were discussing about completely different things (me about my dislike of Islam; whereas you were trying to justify Dubai as the city itself).

The topics were practically intertwined at that point, I didn't really see how they were so different.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3