Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:26 am 

vm27 wrote:
Is there any decent shops around DC/MD/VA?

If you get to Baltimore, around the pretty hip and safe Fell's Point area there are a couple stores: El Suprimo Records is a cool, little basement record store with a friendly owner and pretty good prices on used records. Pretty decent for old school metal and rock. I liked it. The one most people know is 'The Sound Garden' which is a bigger, fancier store that is mostly good for more modern metal genres and new records and new reissues. I didn't find much pertaining to my tastes there though.

Elsewhere in MD if you're in Frederick, there are a couple stores that we usually hit when we're down there. Vinyl Acres is a record store with all genres, but can be worth hunting for metal in. We usually find some stuff. The owners are nice, but a lot of the store is jazz and other stuff but we've definitely found a bunch of metal records there. The Record Exchange is a bigger store with a lot more of a selection of new and used metal records. Not the cheapest store but quite a decent amount of metal. They also have clearance stuff (got some pretty cheap band tshirts there like $5-10).

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:56 pm 

I'll be flying to Hong Kong on the week of January 15 in time to catch Metallica's concert there on the 20th. It'll be my first time in this great city. I was wondering where the metal shops are which would sell CDs, LPs and merch? I haven't booked my hotel yet but I'll likely stay in the Tsim Sha Tsui area. So anywhere the near vicinity would be great. But if the shops are in another area, post 'em here as well.

Billojava
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:03 am 

Looking for any Metal shops in Norfolk Virginia or Richmond.

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:17 pm 

I'm going to Mesa, Arizona. From what I've seen online Asylum looks pretty cool but is the Zia in Mesa worth going to?

untappd: patrick_g

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:26 pm 

Billojava wrote:
A little late here, but I go to Skinnie's Records in Norfolk all the time. They specialize in metal and punk. It's also the only place in the Hampton Roads area to get metal t-shirts.

ea21347
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:57 pm 

Anybody know any good places near the northwest suburbs of chicago?

isolatod93
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:40 pm 

In Colorado Springs: Earth Pig Music / (719) 575-9847

Jackatoo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:02 pm 

Anything in the Covina area in Cali?

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:36 pm 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
vm27 wrote:
Is there any decent shops around DC/MD/VA?

If you get to Baltimore, around the pretty hip and safe Fell's Point area there are a couple stores: El Suprimo Records is a cool, little basement record store with a friendly owner and pretty good prices on used records. Pretty decent for old school metal and rock. I liked it. The one most people know is 'The Sound Garden' which is a bigger, fancier store that is mostly good for more modern metal genres and new records and new reissues. I didn't find much pertaining to my tastes there though.

Elsewhere in MD if you're in Frederick, there are a couple stores that we usually hit when we're down there. Vinyl Acres is a record store with all genres, but can be worth hunting for metal in. We usually find some stuff. The owners are nice, but a lot of the store is jazz and other stuff but we've definitely found a bunch of metal records there. The Record Exchange is a bigger store with a lot more of a selection of new and used metal records. Not the cheapest store but quite a decent amount of metal. They also have clearance stuff (got some pretty cheap band tshirts there like $5-10).

it blows my mind that this exist and Philly has nothing.

Shiroyama
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:37 pm 

I don't find the answer in the thread, so...
if you going, in a future, travel to Chile, Santiago. In the center of the city you can find the shop called "Euro Centro" is a mall with diversity of products, from games to tattoos.But in this place too are many shops whit a great gamma about the heavy metal music. I always be surprised when i go that place because you can find Cassettes.

Yes, the old and loyal Compact Cassette.

Yes.Of course, you can find Tshirts, CD'S, Vinyls and other stuff. But when I still see that old cassettes I always say myself "that shit is amazing" is like back the time to the 80's

Is not hard arrive that place, he are relatively close of the principal university of the country (La Universidad de Chile). 10 or 15 minutes walking. No more.

PieDirsas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:13 pm 

Any shops in Mikkeli - Finland?

MorbidEarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:05 pm 

I visited a new record store dedicated to metal that has opened here in London in the past week. It's called Crypt Of The Wizard and is located in East London which has quite a few record stores already but this new one is the only one that stocks solely metal. They didn't have all that many records in stock (it's only a small space to be fair) but they had a good selection from across all sub-genres and most of the big names were represented by at least one of their albums as well as a healthy selection from underground artists. I picked up the 2010 re-issue of Sodom's Agent Orange which I've been trying to find for some time. They also stocked some cassette tapes, vinyl singles, patches, shirts and they even sell coffee! I'll be popping in again sometime soon to hopefully find some more great stuff. Definitely worth a visit if you happen to be in London and want to get some metal records.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 am 

Just moved to Sherbrooke, Quebec for University, but transferring to Montreal in the winter. Are there any good shops in either area?

AuldAnxiety
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:21 pm 

I will be in the Pittsburgh area next weekend. I searched this thread and the most up to date responses are from 2009.

Any current recommendations on where to shop for metal (vinyl) in Pittsburgh?

Thanks.

squidrick9042
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:57 am 

Billojava wrote:

Wax Moon Records in Richmond is Amazing. I don't live in Richmond but I stop there every single time my band passes through and every time I go there the selection blows my mind. Tiny shop but almost every album they carry is worth owning, last time we stopped in we left with multiple Summoning albums. One is hard enough to find but multiple Summoning albums in one place is unreal. Here is a link to their Facebook page with they update with new stock and whatnot.
https://www.facebook.com/WaxMoonRecords/

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:00 pm 

AuldAnxiety wrote:
I will be in the Pittsburgh area next weekend. I searched this thread and the most up to date responses are from 2009.

Thanks.

Eide's is still there and is still pricey as indicated. I didn't look for vinyl. The exchange is an abomination of a store anywhere it exists. It is the only place I've seen where digging through old CDs is no fun. I periodically check Half Price Books for tradeins. I guess try Eides.

PieDirsas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:32 am 

Sorry for asking again, but maybe some finns could help me, is there any metal shops in Mikkeli?

TheEdgeCrusher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:57 am 

ogmetal wrote:
If you are interested in finding information about metal music shops in particular cities/towns/areas; this is the place to ask. Do not create a separate thread.

Thanks!

Hey all! I used to have an account here, but I can't remember the login info to save my life. I live in Fort Worth, TX. Where should I buy albums from?

gabber
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:15 am 

Hi all, I'm in Australia but will be in Reykjavik in May... where can I find a good metal shop with merchandise?

I will please entry anus
Oh my god! Give me spicy pussy
Pussy is good smell
Shit is bad smell

Taorluath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:31 pm 

AuldAnxiety wrote:

Thanks.

Sorry this is late but Ill add that Wicked Discs no longer exists in Pittsburgh.

The Attic Record Store in Millvale which is a short drive from downtown has metal, new and used.

Cruel Noise Records has a lot of punk and some metal.

Eides might still be the best but vinyl is expensive there.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:42 am 

Ooko wrote:
Anything near Minneapolis, Minnesota?

Anyone still looking for anything Minneapolis/St. Paul/Twin Cities area, there is Disc Land in Bloomington that features a decent Metal section. The FYE in Burnsville also has a pretty good one, and there is of course (as was mentioned), the Cheapo stores still around.

I have noticed that you pretty much need to look at all these places, as they almost never have the same bands or selections. It's amazing just how different] one store's selection is from another's. I was looking over the Cheapo in St. Paul the other day, and there was a lot of bands there I had not seen in any store around here. Stuff like Aura Noir was there. No Paradise Lost, though. I was looking for more Paradise Lost or at least one Vital Remains album.

Bought Fear Factory and Testament.

IllBeBach0213
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:25 am 

Anyone know of any stores in the St. Louis area? (Probably none, but it was worth asking)

treebeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:02 am 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Ooko wrote:
Anything near Minneapolis, Minnesota?

Anyone still looking for anything Minneapolis/St. Paul/Twin Cities area, there is Disc Land in Bloomington that features a decent Metal section. The FYE in Burnsville also has a pretty good one, and there is of course (as was mentioned), the Cheapo stores still around.

I have noticed that you pretty much need to look at all these places, as they almost never have the same bands or selections. It's amazing just how different] one store's selection is from another's. I was looking over the Cheapo in St. Paul the other day, and there was a lot of bands there I had not seen in any store around here. Stuff like Aura Noir was there. No Paradise Lost, though. I was looking for more Paradise Lost or at least one Vital Remains album.

It's mostly punk, I'm sure, as the guy from Havoc Records is involved in it, but Extreme Noise might be worth a shot.

treebeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:22 am 

Cincinnati, Ohio area has the following...

Phil's Records (just a shell of its former self - only metal CD's now, no vinyl and I don't think they have band shirts anymore)

Shake-It Records (Cincinnati - neighborhood of Northside) is one of the best music stores in the Midwest, but their vinyl guy has very little knowledge of metal. As a result, he's very random in what he determines what to carry. Seeing fucking Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold LP's alongside A LOT of sick shit that's hard to find is a bit annoying, but the amazing and hard-to-find stuff far outweighs that.

Torn Light (in Bellevue, KY) kicks major ass and carries all sorts of shit. Especially low-run tape and CDr releases. For everything from noise to black metal. They basically survive by selling classic rock LP's, but the selection of metal albums is the best in the area. Even moreso than Shake-It.

Black Plastic's Northside location is really good and they carry a lot of used stuff that Shake-It doesn't bother with, but there's no separate metal vinyl section. As a result, you can spend hours looking through it for what you want. Love the place and the owner, though...

KromOnHisMountain
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:46 pm 

Anyone know of any good shops in Savannah Georgia area? I'm up near Hinesville at the base but I'm down in Savannah often.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm 

treebeard wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:

It's mostly punk, I'm sure, as the guy from Havoc Records is involved in it, but Extreme Noise might be worth a shot.

Whoa, I haven't heard of this place. Probably due to the punk, but I went to their site and it looks promising. So maybe worth a stop. Actually, looking over their Facebook, they have a lot of Metal stuff there, including a shitload of metal pins. I want the Carcass and Sodom pins for my cap, right now.

I also forgot about the 1 or 2 Down in the Valley stores. At least the one in Golden Valley. Looks like they're still open, but I haven't been there in ages, so I can't say anything about their metal selection.

grimwinter13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:23 pm 

For Cleveland, Ohio people:
- My Mind's Eye in Lakewood
- The Exchange in Lakewood
- FYE at South Park Mall (better metal selection than at Tower City)
- The Black Market on Detroit Ave. (small, but has some interesting stuff)
- Custom Tees at Tower City (on the 3rd floor, mostly classic metal/hard rock tees)
Also, Indiemerchstore is headquartered in Cleveland. You'll get your stuff delivered in 3 days, at max.
If anyone knows any other places, do tell. Most of anything metal will be on the west side.

Zakk: It's not makeup, it's fucking corpse paint! For going into battle.

Medina: Well you look adorable. It really brings out your eyes.

Kaickul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:52 pm 

Anyone know some good metal shops in Osaka, Japan?

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:09 am 

Taorluath wrote:
AuldAnxiety wrote:

Thanks.

Sorry this is late but Ill add that Wicked Discs no longer exists in Pittsburgh.

The Attic Record Store in Millvale which is a short drive from downtown has metal, new and used.

Cruel Noise Records has a lot of punk and some metal.

Eides might still be the best but vinyl is expensive there.

What about CDs? The Attic has shit for metal CDs. Didn't even have a morbid angel section. I don't think Cruel Noise has CDs at all.

treebeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:43 am 

Quote:
Whoa, I haven't heard of this place. Probably due to the punk, but I went to their site and it looks promising. So maybe worth a stop. Actually, looking over their Facebook, they have a lot of Metal stuff there, including a shitload of metal pins. I want the Carcass and Sodom pins for my cap, right now.

Glad to be of assistance! Crust punks (which I understand Minneapolis has a good amount of, due to the previous presence of Profane Existence and current one of Havoc) love thrash and grindcore.

RakdosWarlord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:47 am 

Anything near Redmond WA or on the East side? I sometimes make it up around Everett at times.

I really hate driving all the way to Seattle.

dinguskhan420
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:23 am 

Is there anything at all in Saskatoon, SK?

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:41 pm 

IllBeBach0213 wrote:
Anyone know of any stores in the St. Louis area? (Probably none, but it was worth asking)

The best around me that I was aware of was the FYE on Hampton as they had a pretty good metal section, but they closed. Apparently a chicken joint is needed at that location more. Vintage Vinyl in the Loop has a metal section but it blows for the most part, though you can find the occasional good vinyl there. I'm pretty much eBay and Amazon these days, let me know if you run across anything good.

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:45 pm 

Will be in San Francisco at the end of next month. Any cool shops that have CDs? Doesn't have to be exclusively metal.

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:19 pm 

vulcan plutarchy wrote:
Will be in San Francisco at the end of next month. Any cool shops that have CDs? Doesn't have to be exclusively metal.

Same here. I'll be going to Los Angeles for three weeks next month and I'm planning on visiting San Francisco for a weekend, so any metal stores/sites recommendations for buying music and/or merch in both cities would be appreciated.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:09 am 

I've never been to the San Francisco location, but there is a music shop chain in Northern/central California called Rasputin that I like to shop at in my local area (Fresno). They have a lot of different genres there (including metal), used and new CDs and vinyl.

http://www.rasputinmusic.com/haight

There's Amoeba, which has locations in both SF and LA. I've only been to the LA one, and I thought it had a pretty decent metal selection. If I remember correctly, they call it "Black/power metal" but it's really for all metal that you wouldn't find in the rock/pop section.

https://www.amoeba.com/our-stores/

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:53 am 

ThatMetalChick wrote:
Any around London, Ontario? I'm metal-deprived. It blows.

I'm looking, as well. I live in the north, but am going to London next week. I usually hit up Grooves Records, which has a decent little metal section. Just wondering if anything else has popped up in the last little bit.

Spaceman_Spiff
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:54 pm 

Richmond, VA USA

https://www.facebook.com/WaxMoonRecords/

ApparatusUnearth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:07 pm 

grimwinter13 wrote:
For Cleveland, Ohio people:
- My Mind's Eye in Lakewood
- The Exchange in Lakewood
- FYE at South Park Mall (better metal selection than at Tower City)
- The Black Market on Detroit Ave. (small, but has some interesting stuff)
- Custom Tees at Tower City (on the 3rd floor, mostly classic metal/hard rock tees)
Also, Indiemerchstore is headquartered in Cleveland. You'll get your stuff delivered in 3 days, at max.
If anyone knows any other places, do tell. Most of anything metal will be on the west side.

I've never heard of My Mind's Eye. Thanks, brother!

Doktor Zlo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:16 am 

dinguskhan420 wrote:
Is there anything at all in Saskatoon, SK?

It's slim pickings here, but you might have luck at The Vinyl Exchange, located downtown.

Good luck!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next