Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:37 am 

Anything in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan? Grand Rapids has Vertigo, which has an amazing metal section, and Traverse City has RPM (which is a fantastic store for everything else, and a few metal gems can be found), but anything closer to the Canadian border?

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:11 am 

Hi,

I'll travel to Orlando (FL) in February and I wonder if you could recommend me some good metal music stores in the area I should visit.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:53 am 

Bachstein wrote:
Hi,

I'll travel to Orlando (FL) in February and I wonder if you could recommend me some good metal music stores in the area I should visit.

Park Ave CDs in Orlando has a decent metal CD and vinyl selection.
http://parkavecds.com/

mrbskywalker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:17 pm 

Any good places in NYC/ NJ area?
(I live in Central Jersey)

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:57 pm 

mrbskywalker wrote:

Yes, go to Vintage Vinyl in Fords NJ. Easily the best music store I've ever been to. They have a massive metal section (CDs and vinyl), along with any other genre you're looking for. https://vvinyl.com

mrbskywalker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:27 pm 

Evoken wrote:
mrbskywalker wrote:

Yes, go to Vintage Vinyl in Fords NJ. Easily the best music store I've ever been to. They have a massive metal section (CDs and vinyl), along with any other genre you're looking for. https://vvinyl.com

I'm more looking for merch places more than anything else. Know anything else

Sorry for being difficult

squidrick9042
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:54 pm 

Spaceman_Spiff wrote:

That place rules, I try to stop there every time that I go through Richmond.

controlledbleeding
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 am 

Landing in Bogota, Colombia in a few days. Any record stores worth checking?

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:03 pm 

jimbies wrote:
Anything in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan? Grand Rapids has Vertigo, which has an amazing metal section, and Traverse City has RPM (which is a fantastic store for everything else, and a few metal gems can be found), but anything closer to the Canadian border?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to Grand Rapids in April and will now stop at this store.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

doomguy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 am 

dublin,finglas

BRobot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:12 pm 

Does anybody know about a CD shop in Temuco, Chile?
Been searching for weeks.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 pm 

Any good places for metal CDs in San Francisco besides Rasputin and Amoeba? I've heard of Stranded but from Google reviews it seems much more a vinyl oriented place, which I am not interested in.

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:43 pm 

Late notice, but I'm in Bangkok at the moment and could use some metal store recs. Specifically, I've read some good things about the Triple Six Shop and could use some confirmation if it is still in business. Their website is still up and running, but I've been fooled by online presence before.

- Tim Minchin

servantdagon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 pm 

It’s been a few years since it’s been mentioned in this thread, but are there any good record stores in the Dallas / Fort Worth area that would carry good metal vinyl?

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:28 am 

So, if you happen to be in the Twin Cities, one of the best places is going out of business: Discland in Bloomington is closing, and they started their going out of business sale yesterday. It will be the end of a wonderful era where they offered great variety in music, movies, games, shows and other stuff. I bought three CDs, a Sega Master System game, and a Day of the Dead T-Shirt.

Sarkhasm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:14 am 

Burnley (Lancashire, North West of England): Astonishing Sounds. Bloody great big mountains of records and the geezer there can get hold of anything for you no hassle.

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:13 pm 

An update for those looking in Minnesota: Cheapo no longer charges excessively high rates for their used CDs (now usually $4-$9) and their new stuff is usually $9-$17. Electric Fetus might have a better selection of metal.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

grimwinter13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:09 pm 

Updates for Cleveland, OH

Nosferatu Records on Detroit Avenue, around West 65th near the Capitol Theater. I tried searching for it online and found nothing, but it's there. Primarily vinyl. Lots of underground death/black metal, punk/hardcore, and classic rock. Small shop, but worth the trip - if you're from the east side and travelling towards Lakewood on Detroit Ave., it's a quick stop and there's a free parking lot right next to it. The owner is a super chill dude.

Black Market (also on Detroit Ave. at West 54th), which I mentioned in my other post, has very odd hours, so I'll post them here:
MON - Closed
TUE - Closed
WED - 3-7 pm
THUR - 3-7 pm
FRI - 6-8 pm
SAT - 1230-8 pm
SUN - 3-7 pm
They also run a 'heavy metal flea market' biannually (their Facebook page would have the exact dates), and it's a great chance to both buy and sell. I went in the Summer last year and had a blast.

And finally: there's a store at South Park Mall called "K Unique Gifts". It's not a metal shop, but there's quite a bit of odd paraphernalia that most metalheads would find pretty cool. They also have knives and katanas and other sharp, questionable objects. It's on the second floor.

Zakk: It's not makeup, it's fucking corpse paint! For going into battle.

Medina: Well you look adorable. It really brings out your eyes.

Lionel Fauquier
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:41 pm 

I'm interested in finding a metal shop in the general Greencastle/Franklin County PA area , though places as far away as Lancaster County will do .

Ingmar Fris
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:35 pm 

Hi, I'm trying to find some places with metal or punk stuff in Los Angeles. I've already checked out Amoeba and vacation vinyl. I'm specifically looking for places with cds and tapes because I don't use vinyl. Looking for places not too far from alhambra, downtown, and pasadena. Places in the San Gabriel Valley are good too, I live in El Sereno so I can get out there pretty easily. I'm looking for places that are pretty cheap too so yeah. If you have recommendations for places outside of the areas I listed, don't hesitate to tell me.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:48 am 

Evoken wrote:
mrbskywalker wrote:

The store itself has a huge selection of metal. They also have an entire separate section of Black Metal. I have been to stores all over the world and few this size have a BM section. I was very impressed.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

hex_enduction
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:05 pm 

just wanted to name drop a few recommendations of good stores i know of in a couple different spots.

first, anyone in toledo, OH should check out allied record exchange. i don't know the geography of the city too well since i don't live there, but i believe it's across the street from miracle mile. very decent metal selection there. i grabbed a copy of death - human on vinyl last time i was up there.

the record store in my city, retrofit records in tallahassee, FL, has a pretty decent metal selection, but everything is quite overpriced. more of a focus on new records. but the dude in charge is definitely a metalhead and has pretty good taste.

lastly i gotta namedrop my dad's record store, beach records in ft. myers, FL. it's an amazing store all around and he tends to keep a pretty good metal selection on hand. great prices. one of the best record stores in the state if you ask me.

not sure if any of these have been mentioned, but just wanted to contribute to an awesome thread.

Goabnb
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:13 pm 

Anybody know any in Christchurch NZ? I know of a few stores like JB Hifi, but they have a very....loose.....definition of metal, and you're hard pressed to find anything other than Death or Megadeth (but props for having them). We have Pennylane Records, but they mostly take second hand records and CDs and most of those are the shit bands and shit albums by better bands (if I see yet another copy of Reload and St Anger there I might explode) because nobody wants them.

Twilightkid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:04 pm 

Any worthwhile used record stores in the Scranton, PA area.

Im closer to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ which rules, but always looking for more stores...

GatorWine
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:50 pm 

Anywhere in Virginia specifically D.C area?

carnival_corpse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:23 pm 

I was In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia las week in a business trip. After googling for metal shops in the area, the Campbell Complex mall showed up in my searches. Luckily the place was about 5 minutes in taxi from my hotel. In the second floor there are around 6 small stores dedicated to metal music. One of them is Nebiula Records which unfortunately was closed at the time (I was told they are doing some renovations to the store and wont open in a couple of months). However, in the other shops I was able to get a nice variety CD's of extreme metal bands from Malaysia, some of them even hard to find in Ebay. I bought music from Remain Suffering, Silent Death, Cromok, Suffercation, Sil Khannaz, F.T.G, Gemuloh, As-Sahar, Ulterior Decimation, Sick Society within many others. If you are planning to be in Kuala Lumpur, you should check this place.

carburetor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:39 am 

Any good stores in Edmonton for metal music?

zarraza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:55 am 

Great rock-metal shop in Almaty, Kazakhstan - Kobzon
You can easily find it with Google Maps
Here you can find not only t shirts from international artists but also CD's and shirts from local bands.

swedeam
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 pm 

Is anyone awhere of a good metal shop in the u.k around the barckshire area?

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:26 am 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:
An update for those looking in Minnesota: Cheapo no longer charges excessively high rates for their used CDs (now usually $4-$9) and their new stuff is usually $9-$17. Electric Fetus might have a better selection of metal.

I seem to recall Cheapo not being too bad last time I went into one, but it has been a while. I don't think I've ever even been to Electric Fetus.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:33 am 

I'm going to Las Vegas next month to see Helloween, are there any shops with good metal CD selections other than Zia Record Exchange? I don't care about vinyl or cassettes or anything else.

And speaking of Zia Record Exchange... since there are 2 Zia locations in Vegas, one on Eastern and the other on Sahara, is one better than the other? Are they both basically the same? Would it be advisable to prioritize one over the other? Would it be worth it to visit both?

AnnaEverson
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 am 

Is there any shops in Cooksville? Help to find some stuff for my soul :D

~Guest 430274
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:04 pm 

Anyone know of anywhere in either Cardiff or Newport (South Wales, UK) other than HMV or Spiller's Records? Thanks!

Myiasis95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:03 pm 

Anyone know a good store in San Antonio, Texas? Maybe I'm over looking but I can't seem to find any.

ZeroHunter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:45 pm 

Anything in the near of Essen, Germany? :D

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:10 pm 

Any shops in Newcastle or Middlesbrough?

NapalmBath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:56 pm 

Not looking, but there's a record shop in Bakersfield, Ca called Going Underground and they've got a decent little selection of Black/Death/War. If you live here go give them some business sometime.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:04 am 

Hippo Records in Greensboro, NC is among the best record stores I've ever been to (and yes that includes Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ, The Princeton Record Exchange in Princeton, NJ, and Generation Records in NYC).

Hippo is by and large vinyl only and they have tremendous selection overall, but with a well-stocked dedicated metal section (both new and used) to boot.

Highly, highly recommended. Hands down and without question the finest record store I've been to since moving to NC.

EDIT: I believe Hippo will ship anywhere (at least in the in the US-have to ask them about rest of the world).

Facebook

Website
Obliteration

themaxie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:53 pm 

Any good metal shops in Metro Manila, Philippines?

IntenseHatred
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:16 pm 

The Record Store in Howell, NJ. Could almost be worth the ride, because they are closing their doors on January 31st. They are having a major sale, but are having an even bigger sale starting Jan 1st. Records/CD's, new/used.

They also have Pop Vinyl's, toys, comics (new/used) and graphic novels. They still have a huge selection.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Record-Store-198789200365/

I have no affiliation, just passing along the info (they have a nice selection of metal).

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next