Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 am 

OceanOfViolence wrote:
Infernal War. Holy fuck this stuff is intense.

I was going to add them. The definition of 'intense' and nasty as fuck.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:57 am 

With Darkthrone you should just keep going on a chronological order. ;)

There's one band that's been kicking my ass more than the regular amount for the past couple of weeks now, and it's strange that it took me this long to hear them since they're Portuguese. I'm talking about Sirius, the symphonic black act, which is one of the most interesting bands of the genre that I've had the pleasure of listening to. Really great stuff that sounds like Emperor and Limbonic Art making sweet love while travelling through outer space. I can definitely recommend this to everyone.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:33 am 

androdion wrote:
With Darkthrone you should just keep going on a chronological order. ;)

Cheers, will do :D

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 am 

Listened to Nightfall by Candlemass yestarday. I'd listened before, but this time it just sounded so much better. I am rather into Candlemass as of now.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 pm 

Ancient_Sorrow wrote:
Listened to Nightfall by Candlemass yestarday. I'd listened before, but this time it just sounded so much better. I am rather into Candlemass as of now.

Good, because Candlemass is one of the greatest things ever. Have you given Epicus a listen yet?

savagevelocithrash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm 

Cultes Des Ghoules. "Spectres Over Transylvania" is one of the most kick-ass Black Metal songs i listened in the last years. This band rules on so many levels.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx2aAlfO8C0

Massacre (Chile) demos too. I re-discovered how good are the "Pissing Into The Mass Grave" and "Altazor" demos. Is a really weird blend of noisy clasic Death/Thrash Metal with a lot of Classic Music influencies and sick guitar effects. Along with Pentagram and Atomic Aggressor, the best think coming from the South of the World.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTqXvnZOec

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 pm 

STORMM wrote:
The Key has always been in my top favourite death metal albums of all time, when it first came out I was not sure what the fuck to think as I had not heard anything like it, but when it took hold it never let go. The Sci-fi horror theme was a brilliant idea, everything just worked. The closest band you could try would be Germany's Starseed, sadly very short lived but the ep was very similar to what Nocturnus was doing. Also give Brownings current band After Death a try, they do hint at Nocturnus on some of the tracks.

Thank you. I am going to check this stuff out today.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:37 pm 

Quote:
Good, because Candlemass is one of the greatest things ever. Have you given Epicus a listen yet?

It'll be next, I expect. I've listened to Nightfall and Psalms for the Dead so far.

Itheus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:15 pm 

There was some chatter on this board about the new The Project Hate.

I've listened to it twice now (once yesterday and once today), and it has kicked my ass properly.

DARKZSOU7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:05 pm 

For me its Destroyer 666. Unchain The Wolves and Phoenix Rising are such kick ass albums because of heavy riffs and Shrapnel's solos. Shame I wont ever get to see him play in the band anymore.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 am 

Ok went back and listened to Darkthrone's 'FOAD' again last night and it's not so bad after all... just a bit of culture shock I suppose...

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:37 pm 

Lagartija wrote:
Ok went back and listened to Darkthrone's 'FOAD' again last night and it's not so bad after all... just a bit of culture shock I suppose...

It's awesome. They really have down the secret to writing great rock music - just let the riffs keep coming, keep them flowing uninhibited and up front in the mix. Everything else is secondary.

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:42 pm 

Lately i'm taking the time to let the Sabbat masterpiece "The Dwelling" really sink in and it's hitting home hard. A monumental release that deserves a lot more praise.

RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 am 

Limbonic Art have been kicking my soul into the dust lately. I've pretty much only listened to their albums for about a week now. Fantastic stuff. "The Supreme Sacrifice" became one of my favorite black metal songs after just the second listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwHnreiw0Ns
Death metal is eternal.

TheEerieTomb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:30 am 

Itheus wrote:
There was some chatter on this board about the new The Project Hate.

I've listened to it twice now (once yesterday and once today), and it has kicked my ass properly.

Seconded.
They just get better with every release...

Bishop Hell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:36 am 

I've really been digging Old Corpse Road recently. There debut album released last year was a slow burner but it has turned out to be one of my favourite albums of 2012.

Calamity_Cometh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 pm 

Mitochondrion. There is something about their atmosphere and delivery that keeps me coming back for more. I remember the first time I heard a sample from them and my immediate, unhinged thought was literally "I might be too pussy for this shit" (excuse my simple language.) Plague Evokation, however, kept me returning from sheer curiosity and now I have become a fanatical admirer. I see them as a more dedicated band than a simple Immolation/Portal/Incantation worship follower. I look forward to future releases from them.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2