Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Menternor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 am 

shouvince wrote:
I came across a job opening which said "ambidextrous brains required" >_>

What do they mean with that?

That you actually need to be ambidextrous or is it a way to tell people that they don't accept idiots with half their brains working?

I'm assuming that's an english exclusive phrase? Because I've never seen it used in spanish (my mother tongue).

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:56 am 

Look at this. It's amazing; if expressed by hand, will come out maggots, AND they're made of flexible glue to boot!

I want one for Halloween.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:01 pm 

Menternor wrote:
shouvince wrote:

What do they mean with that?

That you actually need to be ambidextrous or is it a way to tell people that they don't accept idiots with half their brains working?

I'm assuming that's an english exclusive phrase? Because I've never seen it used in spanish (my mother tongue).

Nah, they mean 'smart, creative etc' not the literal meaning of the word. Firms try to 1up each other with fancy job descriptions/requirements. That's about it, nothing to it. I find it a tad silly though.

Xlxlx, holyshit...they remind me of harlequin babies :ugh:

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:03 pm 

The guy who made the article actually compares them to harlequin babies, so you're not that far off. Still, I find these things to be awesome, while harlequin babies are highly disturbing in a very, very sad way. Those little toys look far too inhuman and cartoonish for me to relate them with any condition.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 pm 

Don't they have a full harlequin getup? Imagine wearing that for Halloween. Now that would be freaky and awesome at the same time.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 pm 

That..... Actually crosses the line for me. It'd be like dressing up as a cancer patient for Halloween, me thinks :ugh:

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:14 pm 

Ah ha. Well, I find that shit disturbing...you said 'awesome' and so I made a suggestion since those were merely toys what you had linked earlier :ugh:

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:19 pm 

I just meant to say that that those toys (which look only vaguely human) were awesome. I would never say such a thing about a condition as awful as harlequin ichthyosis. I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:27 pm 

Yeah, truly disturbing. What has been seen, cannot be unseen. But who says we can't try to unsee them with...

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:25 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
Dude, have you heard Hippie Killer? Crushing as ever with an amazing atmosphere, even has a more straight forward fast extreme metal song. It's even better in my opinion, although Satan Worshipping dude is indeed fucking massive.

Not yet, but it's next in line! :headbang:

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:03 pm 

I'm off to the symphony in a bit to hear some Tchaikovsky performed and then later tonight I'll be seeing Inquisition and Marduk. Should be an interesting day!

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:11 pm 

sentimental institution

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:17 pm 

shouvince wrote:

Wow, that's the most pretentious thing I've heard all year.

Calamity_Cometh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:43 pm 

What school was it that Luc Lemay studied music at?

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:51 pm 

So, apparently one of my father's cousins has been found dead. Multiple shots to the head and chest. Can't really imagine what the guy did to deserve that.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:59 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
So, apparently one of my father's cousins has been found dead. Multiple shots to the head and chest. Can't really imagine what the guy did to deserve that.

just being alive is reason enough to make some jackass want to kill you sometimes
sorry for the loss

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:04 pm 

I appreciate the sentiment Marag, but (even if I sound like a jerk for saying this) I wasn't close enough to the guy to feel seriously affected by his death. If anything, I'm surprised; this is a very violent crime, and they're not really common here where I live. Plus, he was just an average joe, and as I just got told, he was killed in his apartment. It all just feels very odd to me.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:27 pm 

Maybe he owed money or something. Sometimes average looking people have strange private lives.

last.fm

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:50 pm 

Oh man, new Gargoyle album titles have me pretty worried... Those aint the best, no sir.

...At least the cover still looks cool and in line with their usual style.
Hehe, foreskins.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
I appreciate the sentiment Marag, but (even if I sound like a jerk for saying this) I wasn't close enough to the guy to feel seriously affected by his death. If anything, I'm surprised; this is a very violent crime, and they're not really common here where I live. Plus, he was just an average joe, and as I just got told, he was killed in his apartment. It all just feels very odd to me.

Is there a wealthy man in the same city sharing his name? Perhaps a gang of German nihilists broke into his home mistaking him for someone else.

I kid. Sorry bout your loss.

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:54 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Look at this. It's amazing; if expressed by hand, will come out maggots, AND they're made of flexible glue to boot!

Haha, those are awesome. I like this guy's site so far.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:02 pm 

Aye, the dude is quite creative (love his drawings), and his biology musings are delightful. Plus, he has written some of my favorite Cracked articles!

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:01 pm 

Spoiler: show

I need a job.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:26 pm 

I did the same thing but with a paint drawing 'cause I'm cooler! I need a job too! I went to a fat guy clothes store today with my mom (got some "cleaner" clothes for my internship) and I asked if they were looking for employees. I'm going back Tuesday to meet the manager, I hope I'll get that.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 pm 

Have I not posted in here yet?

Well, that simply won't do...

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:04 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I did the same thing but with a paint drawing 'cause I'm cooler! I need a job too! I went to a fat guy clothes store today with my mom (got some "cleaner" clothes for my internship) and I asked if they were looking for employees. I'm going back Tuesday to meet the manager, I hope I'll get that.

Big and tall clothing stores lack credibility when they aren't staffed by big and tall people. For some reason they never are.

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 am 

Metantoine wrote:

I need a job, too. Work at the Uni I was doing last semester fell through, so now I'm just frantically sending out resumes. I really just want a boring technical writing gig or something, I'd be a happy clam with that.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

corpsewithoutsoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:45 am 

Obligatory post regarding frustration with ebay sellers who overcharge for a shitty bootleg Katharsis shirt and then neglect to ship it for three months.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:51 am 

Don't buy bootlegs from anyone but extremely well-rated sellers, I guess? I've bought a few patches from eBay that were definitely bootlegged, but fortunately I've always received what I ordered.

corpsewithoutsoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:56 am 

This seller had a perfect rating. I don't know what his deal is, I sent him a message asking him to contact me within the week before I dispute it and try to get my $ back.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:56 am 

TheUglySoldier wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

Haha, those are awesome. I like this guy's site so far.

I fucking LOVE that guy's website.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:02 am 

corpsewithoutsoul wrote:
This seller had a perfect rating. I don't know what his deal is, I sent him a message asking him to contact me within the week before I dispute it and try to get my $ back.

Ah. Could be he ran into some real life trouble or something.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:37 am 

shouvince wrote:
Yeah, truly disturbing. What has been seen, cannot be unseen. But who says we can't try to unsee them with...

Now all I can see are harlequin puppies...

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:23 am 

corpsewithoutsoul wrote:

Having similar problems with a rather expensive LJDLP release. Anybody know how reliable paypal is about settling these disputes?

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:28 am 

I try to avoid ebay sellers for my merch. I had one bad experience and now only get stuff from mid-sized distros to proper legit labels. I know, you'll have to compromise on the rarities but at least the money isn't thrown down the drain :/

ThrashingMad, I'm not sure how will Paypal resolve such issues. They can't I suppose or maybe I'm wrong.

I woke up to some Ratatat-like music. It was quite decent actually. Time to listen to some 90s synth pop and the ilk.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:33 am 

Apparently they have some way of looking into user claims of missing goods/money, at least according to the site. I'm kinda skeptical, but i guess we'll see.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:37 am 

Xlxlx wrote:

DO WANT

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:43 am 

ThrashingMad wrote:
Apparently they have some way of looking into user claims of missing goods/money, at least according to the site. I'm kinda skeptical, but i guess we'll see.

They do but you you have to file within a certain time frame. I think you only have 45 days to do so. I'm sorry to hear the bad experiences that some of you had on ebay. But I've never had one dealing with buying any sort of merch or money. And There are actually a ton of smaller- mid sized distros that use ebay as a store.

The only issues I've came across was buying a video game were the guy never responded to anything till I filled a report and then I gave him another week and made a claim. Got my money back the next day.

And just recently I bought a Randall RH200c, won and paid for it on the same day. The next day the seller refunded my money and said he can't ship to a PO Box even though he listed he shipped USPS. I made a formal complaint and will leave negative feedback cause that's about all I can do since I did get my money back. I think he just wasn't happy with how much he sold it for.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 am 

Whoa! Just noticed the lock on previous FFA. First post with a classic cover. :-D

Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 am 

Woo! New FFA thread!

Lol

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 518  Next