Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Niklas Sanger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:45 pm 

https://empyrean2018.bandcamp.com/releases

We are currently a 3 piece pagan/black metal band (two guitarists and a bassist/vocalist) based out of Bellingham, Washington. Our ep is a good example of our style but we currently have almost a full album written that's much better and well developed.

We're preferably looking for someone who can keep a solid rhythm and can play in folk oriented time signatures (3/4 6/8) Proficiency with blastbeats and double bass is good but technical virtuosity isn't a requirement.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:07 am 

Niklas Sanger wrote:
https://empyrean2018.bandcamp.com/releases

We are currently a 3 piece pagan/black metal band (two guitarists and a bassist/vocalist) based out of Bellingham, Washington. Our ep is a good example of our style but we currently have almost a full album written that's much better and well developed.

We're preferably looking for someone who can keep a solid rhythm and can play in folk oriented time signatures (3/4 6/8) Proficiency with blastbeats and double bass is good but technical virtuosity isn't a requirement.

Haha, the thought of Americans making Nordic/European folk is kind of funny to me.

Niklas Sanger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:09 am 

We don't make "nordic" metal any more than we make Greek or Mongolian metal. We make folk inspired metal with general lyrics about world history and mythologies. We're not identifying with any specific nationality.

But I digress, the thought of Europeans playing blues or rap music is silly to me.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:30 am 

Niklas Sanger wrote:
We don't make "nordic" metal any more than we make Greek or Mongolian metal. We make folk inspired metal with general lyrics about world history and mythologies. We're not identifying with any specific nationality.

But I digress, the thought of Europeans playing blues or rap music is silly to me.

Ah. Folk inspired metal with melodies from what kind of folk music? American folk music?

tartampion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:23 pm 

There is such a thing as anglo-saxon folk, which I assume plays a role in american folk music. But regardless of where anyone is from, why not play whatever music you like, from whichever region of the world? If you see something wrong with that, I certainly don't.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:06 pm 

tartampion wrote:
There is such a thing as anglo-saxon folk, which I assume plays a role in american folk music. But regardless of where anyone is from, why not play whatever music you like, from whichever region of the world? If you see something wrong with that, I certainly don't.

Merely interested

Niklas Sanger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:22 pm 

You could say we make melodic black metal with a myriad of influences from Celtic, Nordic, and Greek folk music. The reason I stated that it was "pagan" black metal is that it is often a term used to describe bands like moonsorrow and thyrfing that have a strong mix of folk and black metal.

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
Ah. Folk inspired metal with melodies from what kind of folk music? American folk music?

Just listen to our ep that I posted, people say it reminds them of a mix of Primordial and early Opeth.

Reply to topic