Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 am 

Hi,

i think if a song has lyrics inserted the checked box shoud be disabled.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 am 

MasterOfSin wrote:
Hi,

i think if a song has lyrics inserted the checked box shoud be disabled.

The reason it's not disabled is because some songs have accompanying "lyrics" in the liner notes despite being instrumental. "Já je proto proti" by !T.O.O.H.! is a good example.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:42 pm 

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but has any thought been given to an alternative naming of the status "Split up" for solo projects? As it stands, it kinda sounds like they've disemboweled themselves, which is quite metal, but nonetheless... probably not the best way of putting it.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:40 pm 

Defunct and disbanded were suggested before.
https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... =disbanded

burnswastaken
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:35 pm 

I'd love to be able to search by release date. Albums released on 7 November 1978... etc.

Kjetter
Mutineer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:33 am 

The advanced search function allows you to search for a particular month and year, and it should be relatively easy to sift through the list for a particular day.
Not much listed for Nov. 1978.

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:15 pm 

The "Years active" bug: I can't remove the "2016" in "Years active" on this page: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Eu ... 3540411937
I think the problem is that the numbers of "Formed in (year)" and "Years active" are different, check the modification history (user UltimateInsanity): https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... ilter/data.
Edit: Thanks, Antioch. I've been so stupid lately. :-P

Last edited by 0th on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:20 pm 

Removed. It can't be removed by removing the year then saving. You need to press the bin button on the right, Zeroth.
EDIT: @0th: We all have our off days. Yours are definitely fewer than mine. :)

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:43 pm 

I know it's only a minor issue, but it's weird. How did my report on a bandpage get flagged as requiring moderator attention when there's no indication of anyone pressing the button? I never pressed, and the option is still there. Screenshot.

On this same subject, is there likely ever to be a way to ''untag'' such reports, in case of errors? I've seen a few in my time here.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:05 pm 

^ Weird, its not flagged as such for me: https://imgur.com/a/fxH5V

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:51 pm 

In the gender field for new artists, could the "unknown/other" option be split so that non-binary/genderqueer musicians can be properly accounted for? I'm hoping to suggest a change to an artist's profile, and that really doesn't sit right. Like, I know for certain what their gender identity is - it just isn't male or female.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:30 am 

perzine wrote:
In the gender field for new artists, could the "unknown/other" option be split so that non-binary/genderqueer musicians can be properly accounted for? I'm hoping to suggest a change to an artist's profile, and that really doesn't sit right. Like, I know for certain what their gender identity is - it just isn't male or female.

Re-read this, and felt I needed to clarify my request. Instead of "unknown/other" being one option, I felt it should be two.
"unknown" for when you properly don't know their gender, and
"other" for when you do, but that gender is not male or female

Increasing social acceptance of those who don't identify as either male or female has led to more people being comfortable identifying that way in one form or another. Changing the gender field to how I've suggested above (which isn't perfect, but is a step-up from where it is presently) would assist the metal archives to better capture how this is reflected by artists working in the area of metal music.

The Crazy Old School Music Fan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:30 pm 

Not sure if this is the right place to do this, but I want to report a bug.
As of this morning, I was receiving an error when trying to do an album search. The error reads:

"DataTables warning (table id = 'searchResultsAlbum'): DataTables warning: JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error."

Is this a client-side or server-side issue?

If needed, I can post a screenshot later.

EDIT: Same things happens with the band page. Checking the song search as well.

EDIT 2: Same thing there as well.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:43 pm 

Some server issue, apparently. HB is working on it.

@perzine: I would be on board with splitting it.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:36 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
@perzine: I would be on board with splitting it.

That's very encouraging to hear - thank you. I look forward to seeing this change come through.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:49 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
^ Weird, its not flagged as such for me: https://imgur.com/a/fxH5V

It's done exactly the same with one of my other reports. However, when I look in the queue and log out, it's normal. It must just be a bug with our own reports. A bit bizarre, although not really a huge issue.

lunaterra
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:00 am 

Noticed something weird with this album. It had one review which has since been deleted, but the limited edition's page still says "1 review (avg. 90%)" despite said review no longer existing, and the link to said review is obviously broken.

Lord AdGnalDiv
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:05 pm 

I don't know if this has happened to any of you as well, but apparently, there is a glitch on this site that, when you're particularly unlucky, makes you add Links twice.
I was editing Yamagen's Devileliet recently and decided to add a Spotify Link to the band. I accidentally double-clicked the "save link"-button and the link was added twice. I don't think this should be possible, though...
Did this ever occur before? Can it be fixed?

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:26 pm 

There's nothing to fix. When you click on "save", you need to wait. Hitting the save button twice will often, if not always, result in a duplicate.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:38 pm 

Is Hellblazer likely to split the "unknown/other" gender category option into two categories - "unknown" for properly not known, and "other" for genders other than male/female - anytime soon? My suggested seemed to get a thumbs up a few months back, but on recent inspection it hasn't changed.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:13 am 

Yes, I think it would be a good change too.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:04 pm 

Well, after you brought it up I mentioned it to HellBlazer. Maybe it slipped his mind. I can ever so gently poke him again about it.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:42 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Well, after you brought it up I mentioned it to HellBlazer. Maybe it slipped his mind. I can ever so gently poke him again about it.

That'd be swell - thanks.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:19 am 

Hi. Not sure I'm in a proper thread. However....
Lineup section for splits has a little imperfection.
I found it filling line-up for this split.
I want to add this info:
1. Deflore side mixed by Andrea Secchi and mastered By Eraldo Bernocchi.
2. Infection Code side mixed and mastered by Eraldo Bernocchi
first string here is ok, but Eraldo Bernocchi been already added to "Miscellaneous staff" section for Deflore couldn't be added for the second band, there's a dropdown list where I can only add him to one of the bands.
What's more I can't add Stonino Bosco as an author of artwork because he did it for both bands....
I gave it up :)

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 am 

Yes, this is known. Modify the role credits themselves to account for this, like, Mastering (tracks 1-6). Just credit the artist as normal.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:41 am 

System asks: "This artist belongs to which band from the split?"
So I guess I should make a choice

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:44 am 

Yes, and you should just choose the top one. The role itself (tracks 1-6) will refute that anyway, but just go with it.

The artist made the artwork for "both bands" but there are not two separate artworks, so just add him like normal.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 am 

On the artist page, in the band membership list, some albums are duplicated in the discography. In the following case, the discography seems to list the album main entry, as well as another edition, which is a "Special edition" (the number in the table row element id for the duplicate row matches the id in the page url for that edition, 562888).

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Robb_Flynn/14737

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... ing/562888

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:30 am 

It's occurred to me that, should Hellblazer make the change (mentioned above) to the gender field on the artist page, a change in wording should also be made to the text that appears when entering a new artist. Instead of this:

"The artist I'm looking for is none of the above. I want to add him/her." (with hyperlink on "add him/her")

...it should be:

"The artist I'm looking for is none of the above. I want to add them." (with hyperlink on "add them")

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:34 am 

It's only like 5 years late, but perhaps it's time to update the FAQ tab for finding the pending submissions queue. It makes a snarky joke about it being hard to find cause it's not on the left menu, but since we switched to V2, it's been there, in a fancy red font, no less.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:02 pm 

...and please make a mobile application or at least a mobile site version :roll:

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:07 pm 

Hi,

I've been using this site a lot using chromebooks both that I own and that are provided by my school. I have repeatedly noticed an issue (possible bug) that is not present when using Mac or Windows.

It seems when I add a link for a band/artist or add an artist to a band/album lineup, the pop-up window becomes invisible. For example, when I try to add a link to a band, the window appears normally until I write "Bandcamp" in the title, but then the rest disappears and only the outline can be seen. It is still possible to click the "Save" button or whatever, I just can't see it. I've been having this problem since I joined the site in October, and on at least ten different computers.

Do you think it might just be a Chromebook thing? 'Cause I know for sure it doesn't happen on other computers.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:08 pm 

That is a issue with Chrome itself.

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
That is a issue with Chrome itself.

Interesting. The problem isn't there when I use chrome on Windows.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:33 pm 

I found... not a bug, but an aesthetic issue.

See this: https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... _tab_guest Lilith provides guest vocals for Gurut on a split.

But when we go to the split's page here, and click on the Guest/Session section of the lineup, there's no indicator of which band on the split Lilith did the guest vocals for. There need to be headers for the band names in the Guest/Session tab, just like there are for main lineups on splits.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:33 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
I found... not a bug, but an aesthetic issue.

See this: https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... _tab_guest Lilith provides guest vocals for Gurut on a split.

But when we go to the split's page here, and click on the Guest/Session section of the lineup, there's no indicator of which band on the split Lilith did the guest vocals for. There need to be headers for the band names in the Guest/Session tab, just like there are for main lineups on splits.

It's been stated before that this is a bug/issue by Porman, and that they've brought it up for correction. I know it used to have band tabs in the Guest and Misc fields, but they went away some years ago.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:40 am 

Hey guys, getting this error message when trying to search an artist/band/label to add to a release's lineup and/or additional notes. Searching on the main site wont get me anywhere beyond the "Searching, please wait..." page.

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?fi ... 286729.jpg

EDIT.

Thanks for the fast reply :3

Last edited by PaganiusI on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:45 am 

Searches are down right now, for whatever reason. Admins have been notified.

Last.fm

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:52 pm 

Any updates from Hellblazer on where they're at around splitting the "other/unknown" option in the gender field for artists (ie: instead having two discrete options - "other" and "unknown")? It's been a bit over two months since the last update from a mod (and nearly six months since the first positive response from a mod), and no changes have gone through.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:27 am 

I don't know if it's a known issue but when you try to add a link that contains letters with umlauts these letters transform into different symbols and as a result the link leads to a 404 page.

1) I want to add link:
Spoiler: show

2) This is what I get:
Spoiler: show

Is it possible to fix it?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next