Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
tenhosauren
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:37 am 

S Productions ripped me off by taking advantage of the paypal's buyer protection policy.
Don't deal with this fraud, you will lose your money/records!

phillychease
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:59 am 

What did he do?

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 am 

Did you sell something to him?

Madcow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:34 pm 

He bought several times from me in the last year and no problems at all !!
So no negative experiences here ...
Perhaps he had a good reason to act the way he did.
Not enough info to make a well-considered judgement on this incident.

Last edited by Madcow on Sat May 05, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:50 pm 

I've only dealt with him once, but it went great.

tenhosauren
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:33 pm 

Well, like I said in the first post, he ripped off both my record and then my money
by claiming that he never received the record I sent via 1st class airmail.
Now afterwards it's pretty obvious to me that it was his intention to rip me off from
the beginning; not wanting registered shipping and telling me I should send the record
to his friend's address and not his. Yes, classic Paypal scam symptoms as I have
later learned, but I trusted the guy and so did what he asked for.

I have sent hundreds of records abroad to all kinds of coutries without registration
and all have arrived to their receivers, even via 2nd class mail. And we are talking
1st class airmail here, so I'm sure his friend received the record.

Axxmachine666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 am 

If you using the 1st class airmail service, then i think you have the track number to trace if he/she receive your package or not !!!! right !!

Web :
http://www.myspace.com/axxmetalmachine
http://axxmachine666.wikifoundry.com/
http://axxmachine666.blogspot.com/

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:10 pm 

Up

Krow1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:59 pm 

Why do you guys bump this garbage when theres no proof at all?
You assume guilt no matter what.
Things occasionally get lost and if you want to protect yourself use some sort of delivery confirmation or tracking. You assume you were ripped off and have no proof otherwise.

Madcow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:01 am 

i thought i was the only one thinking the same thing ... :nono:

Krow1 wrote:
Why do you guys bump this garbage when theres no proof at all?
You assume guilt no matter what.
Things occasionally get lost and if you want to protect yourself use some sort of delivery confirmation or tracking. You assume you were ripped off and have no proof otherwise.

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:11 am 

This is not a garbage, it is better you think about it again.

I would say most likely another one who suddenly decides to rip someone off. May be only the one case, therefore be avoided by all other users as a way of keeping fair trading alive.

The main question is why didnt s productions defend himself!!!? Why did tenhosauren post this topic!!!!? Is he mad!!! or he just says the truth!!!

Throne_of_Ahaz
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:21 am 

I have sold to Shaytan before, but never asked to send to a different address or insist on standard shipping. From experience, this is usually attempts at scams. Some people only do it once, but a scam is still a scam.

I have had the exact same thing happen to me recently on eBay with a guy in my own country. About 4 days after postage asked for the tracking number (knowing there wasn't one as he insisted on standard second class post), then kept telling me how it hadn't arrived and when he should go to ebay to reclaim his money. I did a little snooping and know people who know the guy, and I know he received the CD.

He went to eBay, got his money back and then left me negative calling me a scammer. That was about 5 months ago now and I had my return address on the package, so if he had not received it, I would have had it back by now (which I haven't).

Scammers are everywhere. It may only be an isolated incident, but you shouldn't have to accept that at any point, ever.

Wanted Vinyl:
http://v2.metal-archives.com/board/view ... =6&t=79119

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:34 am 

I had a same problem with Shaytan Production too, He pretended he didnt get my cd and asked me to pay 40 usd to him, But Im not a newcomer, I always ship my cds Registered and Ask others do it, when I gave him Tracking number and the pics of post's invoice, he came back to me and told me he got it.

I agree with Throne of Ahaz, if the shipping address be invalid or the post cant have any access to addressee, the package will be returned to sender.

Aetherial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:42 am 

Yeah, we have seen this countless times before...they do some deals the honest way, and then go like "well I´ll take his shit, what´s he gonna do!" :-P

genocida
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 am 

Grief_Of_Adoration wrote:
If the shipping address be invalid or the post cant have any access to addressee, the package will be returned to sender.

Apart from scammer thing, we should remember that there are also thieves in postal service. I lost my part of trade to Lyset_forsvinner a year ago. I was using registered, and it never returned to me. I wrote my address too, and I think I'm not that idiot to write a wrong address Lyset gave me.

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:17 am 

This event rarely happen, I had this problem too, and I lost one package, but It happened one time, but I had a few packages that returned to me.

Throne_of_Ahaz
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:22 pm 

I gather that this is strange also, I have had a person actually sign for their item, but then claim it wasn't them that signed for it. They even won the paypal claim.

Wanted Vinyl:
http://v2.metal-archives.com/board/view ... =6&t=79119

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 am 

I've just had this trader ask me to sell him a CD and post it to an entirely different country [Norway]
I'm not feeling confident, I don't have anything specifically bad to say, it just seems a bit odd.
The trade hasn't actually happened either I should add, I just this minute cancelled it in fact.

Madcow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:06 am 

i have had nothing but good experiences with this guy/them.
I'm searching certain cd-titles for other users here as well so even i would make such a request to potential sellers.
If he pays for the whole thing, what's the problem then ?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:35 am 

Just mentioning that they have approached me with a similar request, it's not a positive or negative comment, just an observation.

Addendum: Regarding 'shopping for others', it's not the sellers responsibility to ship to a third party, this is how problems arise.
I'd be really pissed off if I bought something from someone privately and it wasn't actually sent by them, who knows who this other person is and they are sending them my name and address etc?!
What if something happens to the package? I then have to deal with TWO people, one of whom I don't even know.
It would be a wicked scam, sell a CD you don't even have, buy it from someone else using the money you just got then just sit back and forget about it, if the parcel arrives cool but if it doesn't... that's between you two [the buyer and the sender not the 3rd party]

None of this has happened, just getting some thoughts off my chest.

For anyone reading this I would NEVER do this to anyone, if you buy something from me it's sitting in the same room as me and will be sent by me from the post office, I wouldn't even get someone to post it for me and I'd never use a drop box on the street.
Everything I send is insured and providing the other party is honest if anything goes missing we'd all get reimbursed.

My other nickname is "Honest Todd" would you believe :nods:

Reply to topic