Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Mechanix11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 pm 

hey guys the other day i saw a Randall RG75 combo, and i was wondering if this amp is good for make some thrashy or death metal sound also any opinions about this amp?
also this amp can help for some band stuff? like rehearsals or little gigs

FenrirFangs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm 

First of all, you really only need 30 watts out of an un-miced amp for gigging with a drummer. Sometimes less depending on what kind of amp. Secondly, give me a price range, and I'll tell you what kind of amp(s) you should look for.

I'd avoid Randall RGs. They're okay, but you can get much better stuff in the same price range. Look into a Peavey Ultra Combo. I had the head version, and it was fuckin' killer for Thrash and Death tones. Got it for $200. You can't really go wrong with Peaveys. Even the Windsor sounds awesome when you mod it. Line 6's are alright, I use the Spider as a practice amp, and it does it's job enough, but it's got a very digital tone, but as I said before, the HD147 and Vetta are both seriously awesome amps.

As for the Vyper/Spider Debate, I would definitely go for the Vyper. But if you're open to looking into other things, give me your price range and I'll throw you some suggestions.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2