Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
the16th6toothson
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:26 pm 

Anne Marie Bowman has let i and others know it is 100% confirmed factual that the magazine is now done.

there will be one final issue

(unless someone purchases the rights to the magazine...)

eViLbOrIs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:55 pm 

Shit. I just subscribed 2 months ago. I got the Absu issue, and the (I'm guessing final) Kreator issue. $10 per mag. What a splendid bargain.
Good trades with: Satan_Laughs (x2), thrashbeast, jthompson (x2), Groanofthewind, Mantis44 (x2), Decry, Igor, Kelibat, Madcow, Vakshay, Mespheber, Lord_Domitian, orionmetalhead, J, mightypeniz, Jacobo123 etc...

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:08 am 

I have been a subscriber to that mag forever. It was the first magazine that I read and it got me through many boring classes in college. I always had one in my packpack (and usually a copy of ZT also). They are a wealth of information on just about anything you can think of. Quality magazine and its kind of a spike in the heart of my metal youth.

eViLbOrIs wrote:
Shit. I just subscribed 2 months ago. I got the Absu issue, and the (I'm guessing final) Kreator issue. $10 per mag. What a splendid bargain.

Same thing happened to my friend. He subscribed a few issues ago. Now they are going under.

ROBL250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:15 pm 

Zero Tolerance looks good but do you get posters with the magazine at all or just the CD that comes with it?

eViLbOrIs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:32 pm 

So I called the subscription number from the subscription insert card in the mag, and apparently they are still taking subscriptions and not closing their doors.
Good trades with: Satan_Laughs (x2), thrashbeast, jthompson (x2), Groanofthewind, Mantis44 (x2), Decry, Igor, Kelibat, Madcow, Vakshay, Mespheber, Lord_Domitian, orionmetalhead, J, mightypeniz, Jacobo123 etc...

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:04 pm 

Does anyone know about any good North American underground fanzines? I've promised Mark of Metal Haven that I'll send him a list of what I can find. He doesn't know about any, but would be willing to carry them so I definitely need to find some. I bought Morbid Tales #6 there and he regularly carries BW&BK. Anything else I should recommend that he carry?

Lord_Guinness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:55 pm 

That's a damn shame about MM; great mag.

Not living in Nth America, where Terrorizer arrives two-months late, what can possibly replace it? Decibel is good, but not great, and apart from the odd interesting article - the Florida DM report - Revolver is nothing to write home about.

Lord_Guinness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:57 pm 

thomash wrote:
Anything else I should recommend that he carry?

Unrestrained is a pretty decent metal mag, though I think it comes out 4-6 times a year.

Jeff72
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:45 pm 

Lord_Guinness wrote:
thomash wrote:
Anything else I should recommend that he carry?

Unrestrained is a pretty decent metal mag, though I think it comes out 4-6 times a year.

Unrestrained is no longer in publication as the owner Adrian Bromley has passed away and his friends and family have decided to not continue with the magazine.

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:50 pm 

Jeff72 wrote:
Unrestrained is no longer in publication as the owner Adrian Bromley has passed away and his friends and family have decided to not continue with the magazine.

I wondered what happened to that. I hadn't seen it for a long time at my local Barnes and Noble which had carried it for quite a while.

Crackerblower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:22 pm 

thomash wrote:
Does anyone know about any good North American underground fanzines? I've promised Mark of Metal Haven that I'll send him a list of what I can find. He doesn't know about any, but would be willing to carry them so I definitely need to find some. I bought Morbid Tales #6 there and he regularly carries BW&BK. Anything else I should recommend that he carry?

The Grimoire of Exalted Deeds. Best metal mag EVER. www.thegrimoire.com I think they're in tabloid format now...and free.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2