Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:03 am 

Yeah, the lead dev and face of the game apparently showed himself as an ally of such prestigious non-conspiracy things as Pizzagate :lol: The more I read, the less I want to support his game. Here's an idea: pirate it, then give sixty bucks to a Jewish charity-- everybody wins except nazis.

Also, KC:D charges $60 for a pc download, despite being funded for heavily on Kickstarter and developed in a country with a weak currency and low overhead, yet the game isn't even close to being in AAA quality. Games like this should be in the 40-50 USD range, like Focus Home Interactive and Nordic Games titles, not a full sixty. Greedy and almost offensive.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

MammothRider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:57 am 

Yesterday, I downloaded the Median XL mod for Diablo II. With the exception of the graphics, this mod basically re does the entire game. Thousands of new items and runewords, dozens of new sets, and 35 new skills for each class. All armour can now be socketed, with unique runewords for each armour slot. The new skills (that I've tried so far) are very visually impressive. I beat Act II yesterday at level 31, and I can't believe how different this game is now. If anyone is looking to try it, download the launcher from the mod's site, it saves having to downgrade the version and a bunch of other modding related annoyances.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm 

I'm now foaming at the mouth to play Bloodborne.

You guys are fucking up my desire to play Nioh.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:52 pm 

I've found Bloodborne frustrating on a level that I never really hit with DS2. It's like I WANT to love it, but I guess I just fucking suck too much? DS2 had me constantly feeling like I was gaining ground, discovering something new, doing SOMETHING. In Bloodborne I've been running around the first fucking area for hours. I died over and over to an optional boss, then when I finally thought I had figured something out, the person I EXPECTED to fight ended up following me around as a helpful summon until we both managed to die to two regular-ass werewolves.

Nioh was immediately enchanting and I couldn't put it down for a month solid. Bloodborne makes me want to throw a fucking controller. I WANT to love this game so bad. I guess maybe starting over with the threaded cane was a mistake. I don't know.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:05 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
I've found Bloodborne frustrating on a level that I never really hit with DS2. It's like I WANT to love it, but I guess I just fucking suck too much? DS2 had me constantly feeling like I was gaining ground, discovering something new, doing SOMETHING. In Bloodborne I've been running around the first fucking area for hours. I died over and over to an optional boss, then when I finally thought I had figured something out, the person I EXPECTED to fight ended up following me around as a helpful summon until we both managed to die to two regular-ass werewolves.

Nioh was immediately enchanting and I couldn't put it down for a month solid. Bloodborne makes me want to throw a fucking controller. I WANT to love this game so bad. I guess maybe starting over with the threaded cane was a mistake. I don't know.

It took me a long time to beat that first area also where you keep getting overwhelmed by enemies, but I did finally beat it. I read the other posts you made about just blowing through Dark Souls games like they were nothing. You don't suck at Bloodborne. In my opinion it sounds like you are finally getting a taste of my world for a change.

I love how people discuss all the nuances between Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Nioh. To a dunderhead like me there is no difference. It's just me getting my ASS handed to me over and over and over and over. Do any of you beat bosses on your first try? I sure as shit don't.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:07 pm 

I've never breezed through anything! Souls 2 has put quite a few stumbling blocks in my way but I've only felt COMPLETELY LOST a few times. There was always this feeling of hope, ironically. I just get so dejected with Bloodborne. I go home FIRED UP to play it, and then get frustrated when I can't seem to gain any ground. How have I not found another lantern yet?!

I think my biggest problem is wanting it to be more like Souls. The combat is way more difficult, to me, in Bloodborne. The "rally" option to get some of your health back is an amazing feature but it CONSTANTLY leaves me unsure about whether I should be attacking or dodging. I just need to get good, bottomline. I was expecting to be better, I guess.

edit: I can shit all over that horde wandering the streets now so I guess you could call that improvement. I'm more concerned with the fact that I can't seem to even REACH the boss fight, much less worry about whether I beat them or not. I need to spend more time with the game, and try not to get so frustrated. I'm not sure why this game is getting to me so bad, other than maybe I let myself believe, wrongly, that I was starting to "figure things out" in the From Software way.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:34 pm 

Definitely stick with Bloodborne and try to crack it. You will be rewarded. Are you still in the beginning area? It is pretty brutal at first, but just keep opening shortcuts and then you won't have to back-track through the whole town when you get to the first boss. Cleric Beast isn't that hard (load up on blood vials and spam molotiv cocktails if you're having trouble), and then you'll have a new lantern that's pretty close to the second boss.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:42 pm 

I've opened up the second door to that first lantern, I can get to Cleric Beast really easily but someone mentioned he was "optional" so I started searching elsewhere. I was under the impression I should be looking for a fight with Gascoigne. Last night I ended up ringing a bell and summoning Gascoigne himself as a helpful phantom. We ran around together for a while and I got cocky about what his help meant. He was getting WRECKED by those two pacing werewolves, I went in to save him, died myself, got real mad lol.

At this point I have to assume maybe you summon him, then he follows you around until a certain event/area triggers a cinematic + boss battle? THINKING I know things is getting me into trouble here, obviously.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

Have fun too! Best games of 2016 and 2017. :nods:

Thanks! Save for the strong attack controls that used to be double click on SoTFS (now Shift+click) I've been transitioning super smoothly to DSIII, and enjoying it a lot so far.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:13 pm 

@Jonpo: Cleric Beast is optional but you should still slaughter it for the boss souls and lantern.

Those werewolves can kill you really easily, yeah, best to just run past them for now. I remember you can actually lure them to follow you into that nearby building, which they can't enter. They'll just hang right outside the doorway and you can just cheaply waste 'em away by running up to attack and then retreating.

No comment on Gascoigne other than it's actually a pretty hard boss battle :/

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:43 pm 

There's a shortcut that can make you completely bypass the two werewolves on the bridge. I found it pretty early on, because, well, I like smashing crates and exploring every nook and cranny. :P

CoconutBackwards wrote:
I love how people discuss all the nuances between Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Nioh. To a dunderhead like me there is no difference. It's just me getting my ASS handed to me over and over and over and over. Do any of you beat bosses on your first try? I sure as shit don't.

All the time, yes. I'm not particularly skilled, I die to regular enemies all the time due to sloppiness, panic-rolls, etc. Most bosses take me 1 or 2 tries. Some take me 10+. For Dark Souls 3 I even wrote down my tries per boss at some point, just to get an idea. :lol: I found my old post where I list all the bosses and my attempts (1 = beat 'em first try):

[all Dark Souls 3 bosses]
Spoiler: show
1. Iudex Gundyr 2
2. Vordt of the Borea Valley 3 [I remember attempt #2 being super sloppy and dying super fast, and attempt #3 ended up me kicking his ass and needing almost no healing haha]
3. Cursed-Rotted Greatwood Tree 1
4. Crystal Sage 2
5. Abyss Walkers ~10 [found 'em before the Cathedral and was rather underpowered...]
6. Deacons of the Deep 2
7. High Lord Wolnir 2
8. Old Demon King 2
9. Pontiff Sulyvahn 2
10. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods 2
11. Yhorm the Giant 1
12. Dancer of the Boreal Valley 1
13. Dragonslayer Armor 2
14. Oceiros, the Consumed King 1
15. Champion Gundyr 1
16. Ancient Wyvern 1
17. The NamelesS King ~10
18. Lorian and Lothric ~10
19. Soul of Cinders ~10

For the DLC, by memory:
Champion's Gravetender & Gravetender Greatwolf: 2
Sister Friede: ~20+, for real

Demon Princes: 2
Spear of the Church: 2
Darkeater Midir: ~10-15 [but now I kick his ass easily! whereas Sister Friede is still terrifying...]
Slave Knight Gael: 3 or 4

Let me try going by memory for the Bloodborne bosses:
[full Bloodborne boss list]
Cleric Beast: 1
Father Gascoigne: 7-10 probably [found him before Cleric Beast and was underpowered]
Vicar Amelia: 2
Blood-Starved Beast: 1
Witch of Hemwick: 1
Darkbeast Paarl: 1
Shadows of Yharnam: 1
Amygdala: 1
Rom, the Vacuous Spider: 1, but got a double-KO -- it counted! :lol:
The One Reborn: 2 [easy boss but got sloppy/overconfident]
Martyr Logarius: 1
Celestial Emissary: 1
Ebrietas: 4-5?
Micolash: 1
Mergo's Wet Nurse: 1
Gehrman: 2-3
Moon Presence (this was in NG+ the first time): 1

- notable Chalice Dungeon bosses:
Abhorrent Beast: ~6-10
Defiled Watchdog: easily 20+
Defiled Amygdala: probably 20+
Loran Darkbeast: 2
Headless Bloodletting Beast: 1-2 (somehow)
Yharnam Queen: 1-2

- DLC:

Ludwig: 2
Living Failures: 2 (died to the meteors the first time IIRC)
Lady Maria: ~12-15 [until I switched my Kirkhammer to sword mode and destroyed her immediately... lol -- overall, despite my higher # of attempts, I think Laurence is a harder boss]
Laurence: 2
Orphan of Kos: 2

It's funny because some bosses never become harder or easier on replays or through different builds, but others become a cakewalk when using magic, for example. Sister Friede will always be terrifying, but Midir is a cinch now. I find Gael harder overall than Midir despite having more attempts on the former. Replays can give a different perspective.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:36 pm 

I still get a small amount of chills whenever I solo Pontiff Sulyvahn because FUCK that guy but when you get in the groove of timing your dodges and attacks, it’s like a waltz. Such a great boss fight.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:14 am 

Dragunov wrote:
when you get in the groove of timing your dodges and attacks, it’s like a waltz.

That's most gud fighting systems in a nutshell. I still gotta buy Nioh sometime, but I annoyingly care about game systems and writing far more than any non-kazul should; like I could never finish Dragon's Dogma despite that game's combat and magic system being near the very very top, in fact the magic was the best I've ever seen in a non-turn-based game. Oh well, maybe Nioh or DD:DA when I finally wear myself out on Age of Decadence. Whenever that actually happens.

Can't wait to pirate Kingdom Come either! Combat looks horrid, visually, but that's half of the games I play these days anyway. Really does look like a first-person Mount & Blade, right down to the godawful animations. Difference is that Taleworlds isn't led by a shitlord memer who dogwhistles for the alt-right.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am 

Morrigan wrote:
There's a shortcut that can make you completely bypass the two werewolves on the bridge. I found it pretty early on, because, well, I like smashing crates and exploring every nook and cranny. :P

CoconutBackwards wrote:

All the time, yes. I'm not particularly skilled, I die to regular enemies all the time due to sloppiness, panic-rolls, etc. Most bosses take me 1 or 2 tries. Some take me 10+. For Dark Souls 3 I even wrote down my tries per boss at some point, just to get an idea. :lol: I found my old post where I list all the bosses and my attempts (1 = beat 'em first try):

1. Iudex Gundyr 2
2. Vordt of the Borea Valley 3 [I remember attempt #2 being super sloppy and dying super fast, and attempt #3 ended up me kicking his ass and needing almost no healing haha]
4. Crystal Sage 2
5. Abyss Walkers ~10 [found 'em before the Cathedral and was rather underpowered...]
6. Deacons of the Deep 2
7. High Lord Wolnir 2
8. Old Demon King 2
9. Pontiff Sulyvahn 2
11. Yhorm the Giant 1
13. Dragonslayer Armor 2
15. Champion Gundyr 1
16. Ancient Wyvern 1
19. Soul of Cinders ~10

For the DLC, by memory:

Darkeater Midir: ~10-15 [but now I kick his ass easily! whereas Sister Friede is still terrifying...]

Let me try going by memory for the Bloodborne bosses:
[full Bloodborne boss list]
Cleric Beast: 1
Father Gascoigne: 7-10 probably [found him before Cleric Beast and was underpowered]
Vicar Amelia: 2
Blood-Starved Beast: 1
Witch of Hemwick: 1
Darkbeast Paarl: 1
Shadows of Yharnam: 1
Amygdala: 1
Rom, the Vacuous Spider: 1, but got a double-KO -- it counted! :lol:
The One Reborn: 2 [easy boss but got sloppy/overconfident]
Martyr Logarius: 1
Celestial Emissary: 1
Ebrietas: 4-5?
Micolash: 1
Mergo's Wet Nurse: 1
Gehrman: 2-3
Moon Presence (this was in NG+ the first time): 1

- notable Chalice Dungeon bosses:
Abhorrent Beast: ~6-10
Defiled Watchdog: easily 20+
Defiled Amygdala: probably 20+
Loran Darkbeast: 2
Headless Bloodletting Beast: 1-2 (somehow)
Yharnam Queen: 1-2

- DLC:

Ludwig: 2
Living Failures: 2 (died to the meteors the first time IIRC)
Lady Maria: ~12-15 [until I switched my Kirkhammer to sword mode and destroyed her immediately... lol -- overall, despite my higher # of attempts, I think Laurence is a harder boss]
Laurence: 2
Orphan of Kos: 2

It's funny because some bosses never become harder or easier on replays or through different builds, but others become a cakewalk when using magic, for example. Sister Friede will always be terrifying, but Midir is a cinch now. I find Gael harder overall than Midir despite having more attempts on the former. Replays can give a different perspective.

I should have kept track of my deaths to Hino Enma. It was truly pathetic. I would guess 25 deaths is not an exaggeration.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm 

That was about close to that number in the beta! But, in the regular game I got her within 3-4 tries I think (almost on first try, then 2-3 sloppy-ass attempts before I got her no problem).

I died a looooot more to Tachibana and those insane 2v1 optional duels lol. The "Iga-Style" mission fucking broke me, I swear. And I thought "A Meeting on the Other Shore" was bad... I cheesed that with Windstorm spam, but since that skill got nerfed I don't even know if I could have won it. I don't know if Iga-Style broke my record of Manus at SL1 (probably around 50 deaths... not a joke, I estimate from my # of green blossoms left in my inventory, I popped one or two per attempt and started at 99 and was down to 45 or so when I won... lol), but it might have. Stopped counting after a while.

That said those are all optional. The only non-optional boss in Nioh that gave me serious trouble, in the final game that is and not the alpha or beta, was Yuki-Onna. Still don't think I have beaten her (without being overlevelled, say) without finishing her off with Living Weapon... :oh shit:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:37 pm 

PSN flash sale happening again. Nothing too interesting that I don't already have BUT I did snag Super Meatboy for less than $2. I've gotten insane mileage out of N++ and still play it every day. Looking forward to trying this little indie legend for the first time.

edit: oh my god this game is fucking amazing. The tightest controls ever and its wild what adding a "go fast as fuck" button can do to open up your mechanics. This RULES SO HARD! Solid soundtrack too.

Yo this little Mayor McFetus character better stop hitting my lady. Also I unlocked(??) Jill(??). Also this game is so dope. Watching all your failed attempts down to the lone survivor on the replays is super satisfying. The machine-gun-pace-pitter-patter when you go turbo mode. This is like sensory porn. Was this game built by/for ASMR weirdos on the low?

capeda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:52 pm 

Gifted some folks copies of Kingdom Come. Wish I could gift my own, copy, though. Not exactly sure why people would want to play games where you gotta feed your own character like a virtual pet. What's the next step? Am I supposed to keep track of my character's bowel movements so that I don't accidentally shit myself while talking to plot characters? Press the 'H' key once every second to control my heartbeat? Also, you can DIE while fast travelling?

Skyrim is much better.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:01 pm 

MGS3 has the perfect survival mechanics, if you ask me: Eat occasionally to not pass out, and simply scroll through medicine to suture a wound. Boom! That's all you fuckin' need. Sure, it's weird that first aid takes zero in-game time, but whatever.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:29 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I found my old post where I list all the bosses and my attempts (1 = beat 'em first try):

1. Iudex Gundyr 2
4. Crystal Sage 2
6. Deacons of the Deep 2
7. High Lord Wolnir 2
8. Old Demon King 2
9. Pontiff Sulyvahn 2
11. Yhorm the Giant 1
13. Dragonslayer Armor 2
15. Champion Gundyr 1
16. Ancient Wyvern 1
19. Soul of Cinders ~10

For the DLC, by memory:

This is a cool list of my favourite game ever. But the Dancer first go?! :eek: She nearly always causes me grief. Except for my mage character, who I cheesed easily. Even with my bleed character it took me a while (sloppiness, poor muscle memory haha). In saying that though, in my other four characters, I was gunning for her early on to access Lothric Castle for an early soul boost and materials farm, so there is that... For some reason, the damn tree always posed a slight problem for me too, until I got the hang of it.

I will definitely agree with the Sister Friede fight though. Holy fucking shit is that tough!! Easily one of the hardest in the game - without question. Never even attempted her solo, as I doubt I would have the embers for it haha yeah, it's hard. Midir and Gael are up there too, as tough/difficult.

My collection

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:12 am 

I actually beat Dancer on my first or second try, and I didn't do neaaaarly as well as Morrigan on the other bosses for the most part, lol. Something about the rhythm of the fight just clicked with me.

...I could also be remembering wrong, might have taken me more tries, but I do remember it not being as hard as I thought it would.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:26 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Anyone got DBFZ on PC?

someone fight me, scrubs.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:44 pm 

This guy is a fucking monster at Dishonored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhLcm3uPCME

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:09 pm 

Dance difficulty is overrated. :P Her twirling dance is the only really dangerous move if you get caught in it, but it's rather easy to avoid. And she goes down fast enough by the time you are meant to take her on. I never saw the big deal.

Then again I never saw the big deal with Champion Gundyr either... :oh shit: Yes, he hits hard, but by the time you reach him you're pretty strong too and can out-Estus him, basically.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:55 pm 

What do you all think of GTA 5? I love it and can’t wait for 6.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:34 pm 

It's the best game of its type by a large margin but is also flawed fundamentally, is more pay-to-win than not, and has an incredibly toxic community.

I also enjoy it, if only to grief the griefers.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:10 am 

Grand Theft Auto 5 is great but it could definitely be so much more. All the content they've added to the game seems to be bait to lure people into buying more shark cards. I wish they could've put that effort into making something actually amazing but $$$ is king. Shame too, because GTA5's single player campaign is my favorite of the series.

Hopped on the Fortnite Battle Royale bandwagon and much to my surprise, I found an extremely fun, satisfying, and skillful multiplayer shooter that caters to many different playstyles. The build mechanic is vital to both aggressive and defensive play; it also allows experienced players to separate themselves from the rest of the pack. I like to play aggressive early to mid/late game by going for as many kills as I can so that I have the best weapons and most resources by the end game. At that point, it's a matter of outgunning and outbuilding everyone else. Had a real satisfying win where I was THAT guy with a legendary grenade launcher, epic assault rifle, legendary minigun, epic bolt action, and a seemingly endless surplus of ammo and materials. No one else was able to even quick build their way towards me. Great times.

Edit
rexxz wrote:
rexxz wrote:
Anyone got DBFZ on PC?

someone fight me, scrubs.

Add me on Steam. I'm trash at fighting games since an arcade stick doesn't feel very natural in my hands, but you're more than willing to test some of your sweet tech on me. :P

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:17 am 

Morrigan wrote:
That was about close to that number in the beta! But, in the regular game I got her within 3-4 tries I think (almost on first try, then 2-3 sloppy-ass attempts before I got her no problem).

I died a looooot more to Tachibana and those insane 2v1 optional duels lol. The "Iga-Style" mission fucking broke me, I swear. And I thought "A Meeting on the Other Shore" was bad... I cheesed that with Windstorm spam, but since that skill got nerfed I don't even know if I could have won it. I don't know if Iga-Style broke my record of Manus at SL1 (probably around 50 deaths... not a joke, I estimate from my # of green blossoms left in my inventory, I popped one or two per attempt and started at 99 and was down to 45 or so when I won... lol), but it might have. Stopped counting after a while.

That said those are all optional. The only non-optional boss in Nioh that gave me serious trouble, in the final game that is and not the alpha or beta, was Yuki-Onna. Still don't think I have beaten her (without being overlevelled, say) without finishing her off with Living Weapon... :oh shit:

I lucked out with Tachibana. I figured out during my first fight attempt how much damage the gun does to him, so it only took me about three attempts to beat him. I struggled more with the centipede than I did with him. I really do like this game. The sheer amount of loot that is given out is overwhelming at times (my inventory is MASSIVE) and I still don't think I fully understand soul matching, but the satisfaction from beating these bosses makes it all worth it.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:23 am 

Nahsil wrote:
I actually beat Dancer on my first or second try, and I didn't do neaaaarly as well as Morrigan on the other bosses for the most part, lol. Something about the rhythm of the fight just clicked with me.

...I could also be remembering wrong, might have taken me more tries, but I do remember it not being as hard as I thought it would.

I literally had to quit DS3 because of this boss fight. I was getting so frustrated that it wasn't worth it anymore. I need to go back and try again.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:09 am 

Funny extremely negative review of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I can't speak as to its accuracy, but I can say it's highly amusing:

https://www.videogamer.com/reviews/king ... nce-review

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:01 am 

The main developer seems to be a huge gamergate asshole too, which is repulsive enough to render me completely uninterested in the game.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:47 am 

Yeah he backtracked a little, claiming that since he grew up in Communist Czechoslovakia, he took a very hardline stance in favor of free speech, and he thought hashtag gg was all about muh freeze peach, and that feminazis hated freeze peach, especially video game feminists, or something. It was all a bit rambly and incoherent, although maybe that's because I was using Google Translate has no idea how to translate Czech into English.

All that said, I can honestly say I thought Mafia 1 and 2 had very solid writing, and he was the head writer of both of those games. I also don't remember anything particularly "gamegatery" or even remotely nazi-ish about either of them, but maybe I'm just remembering wrong. If it was his name behind the brilliantly written Mafia 3, I'd shell out full price for KC:D right now, no joke. Mafia 3 has probably the best writing I've seen in any "cinematic-style" game yet.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:53 am 

Well, that being the case, allow me to show you a little window into Daniel Vavra's twitter. Complete with liking Trump tweets and pro gun memes. What a delightful man.

Never played the Mafia series. Heard it's pretty good, but mob narratives aren't really my thing.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:13 am 

Yeah, I've seen that already. I'm a bit pissed the author decided those are "alt-right figures," no one that I recognize there is Nazi (only Molyneux who's a crypto, who I can't see a retweet from), just dumb-as-shit "anti-SJWs." I'd suggest at least peering through Paul's post on the guy:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/statem ... -de.17259/

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:11 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
Never played the Mafia series. Heard it's pretty good, but mob narratives aren't really my thing.

Mafia III is less a mob story and more a '60s pulpy swamp revenge thriller set in Louisiana. Really great music and characters, though the main gameplay can get tedious at times. Regardless, messing with the AI is fun and the shooting is satisfying. The DLC is top-notch as well and if it's not amping up the pulpy ridiculousness, they're dealing with some pretty fucking heavy subjects with the right amount of seriousness.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:48 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Yeah, I've seen that already. I'm a bit pissed the author decided those are "alt-right figures," no one that I recognize there is Nazi (only Molyneux who's a crypto, who I can't see a retweet from), just dumb-as-shit "anti-SJWs." I'd suggest at least peering through Paul's post on the guy:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/statem ... -de.17259/

adfgsdgdrhgdfhfd

Can we keep this forum free from ResetEra threads about Kingdom Come please :lol: :cry:

Having to moderate those threads was a nightmare, I tell you what. Seeing these threads here is enough to trigger me, I swear

(But anyway, fuck Vavra and fuck his excuses. Trash human being.)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:53 pm 

...you were a moderator there, Morri?

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:16 pm 

Nioh has been a blast so far. Utilizing the different stances and the pace of the combat are very comfortable and even a little refreshing, looking forward to trying different weapons/stances throughout the game.

Got a chance to play through the very beginning part of Kingdom Come, too. I didn't experience any major bugs that I know of, and getting my feet wet with the combat system and generally interacting with NPCs was very cool. Spent like a half hour shooting dice with some random townsperson, and I got my ass beat by some dude who owed the main character's dad money...I had to walk around with blood all over my clothes for the remainder of my session, thought that was pretty funny. I definitely want to get this game in the future, if it goes on sale at any point I'm probably going to scoop it up.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:13 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:

[This post contains hidden content. Quote to reveal it.]

Dragunov wrote:
Nioh has been a blast so far. Utilizing the different stances and the pace of the combat are very comfortable and even a little refreshing, looking forward to trying different weapons/stances throughout the game.

Nice. Make sure you use ki pulse all of the time.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:16 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Nice. Make sure you use ki pulse all of the time.

It's getting to the point where it's pretty much a reflex now, such a cool gameplay mechanic.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:37 am 

Xlxlx wrote:

Did you not look two posts down from the one you linked to? :-P

Also, it's weird to agree with FasterDisaster but yeah, Mafia 3 is totally worth checking out, maybe especially if you don't like mafia stuff. It's more about how life was to be a black guy in Louisiana in 1968 (right before Jim Crow laws were made illegal) and a very hard-nosed tale of revenge. The actual open-world gameplay isn't at all better than your average Ubisoft or Witcher 3-esque checkbox-a-thon, but the incredible writing, acting and combat more than make up for it. I also agree that the DLC is just fantastic as well, although a bit short (the main game, on the other hand, is actually too long so it kinda works out in a stupid sort of way).

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 842, 843, 844, 845, 846, 847, 848 ... 940  Next