Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm 

Uh. That honestly sounds pretty good. I'll probably give it a look-see then.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:00 pm 

I have Mafia 3 and can confirm that it rules.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:51 am 

The difficulty for Nioh outside of boss battles definitely spiked for me when they introduced the guys with tongues.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:24 pm 

Any of y'all pick up Deadbolt on PS4? Made by the same people who put out Risk of Rain, same dude on soundtrack.

I'm only a few missions in but its fun! Strategy, puzzle, shooter, platformer? Not sure what to call it. You're like a modern-retro-noir take on the grim reaper? You take your marching orders from a fireplace. Neat weapon options.

It was $10 and you should maybe check it out.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:48 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Any of y'all pick up Deadbolt on PS4? Made by the same people who put out Risk of Rain, same dude on soundtrack.

Dude, I just went on a buying spree last night and this game was included. What are the controls like? And how fast is the action? I was confused by seeing a reticle on-screen. Not sure if it handles like a twin-stick shooter, or something like Not A Hero where you're expected to lay traps and take cover along the way.

I also bought Subterrain, Cryptark, Bleed, Bleed 2, Iconoclasts, Let Them Come and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Probably the one game in this spree I bought that I cannot put down is Feral Fury. It's a twin-stick shooter with rogue elements, permanent upgrades and a fun little premise: commando pandas trying to take a planet back from hogs. It's a cool Planet Of The Apes-style setup with some great looking art, but the action is super simple and addicting. You're going from randomly-generated rooms in a level to pick up weapons, unlocks and get trapped along the way with some addicting combat puzzles. Lots of unlockables, weapons and game modifiers to be had.

This game isn't comparable to Dark Souls at all, but I think I understand why people enjoy the exploratory elements in that you get such a small amount from text and in-game stuff that the only way to find out how something works is to take a chance, pick it up or spend money to see what the hell it does, or get blasted by a new enemy or area immediately because you haven't been there, yet.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

Dude, I just went on a buying spree last night and this game was included. What are the controls like? And how fast is the action? I was confused by seeing a reticle on-screen. Not sure if it handles like a twin-stick shooter, or something like Not A Hero where you're expected to lay traps and take cover along the way.

I haven't really played anything I can compare it to. The gameplay is kinda slow and calculated but maybe that's just me being a punk. You can aim with the left stick which is kinda weird. I'm only 3 missions in. It's worth checking out for the soundtrack alone as far as I'm concerned.

After four levels I would say they did a great job balancing difficulty versus the want to try again. Fun duck-and-cover mechanics also.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:32 pm 

Watching a friend of mine play Dark Souls for the first time via Twitch. Feels so good to finally be on the other end of this. :-D

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:27 am 

I'm upgrading Deadbolt to fully recommended.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:25 pm 

Just an update on how bad I am at Nioh, I just beat the spider woman boss after what had to have been 30 + attempts. Most comments I read online said she was an "easy boss" and people "couldn't believe she wasn't an optional boss". Fuck this game.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:36 pm 

The biggest hurdle I've faced in Nioh so far is my own lack of attention to detail. The most frustrating moment in the game for me is when I get stuck running around a level because I'm not hugging the right wall or noticing the correct path, and it's usually painfully simple.

I've stalled out in some poison gas infested area, pretty early stuff. I have a shit-ton of those "escape with your Amrita" branches, so I just quit the mission and started doing co-op again for fun. I'll go back sometime soon but I wanted to play without the frustration of being a lost idiot.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:46 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
Just an update on how bad I am at Nioh, I just beat the spider woman boss after what had to have been 30 + attempts. Most comments I read online said she was an "easy boss" and people "couldn't believe she wasn't an optional boss". Fuck this game.

Wait, you need to clarify. There's an actual "spider woman boss", Joro-gumo, who's fairly easy. But sometimes Hino-Enma is called the "spider woman" boss too, though she's more of a succubus. Do you mean Hino-Enma (3rd boss, in the cave level), or Joro-gumo (spider castle level later on)?

If you're reading that the "spider woman boss" is fairly easy, you're no doubt reading about Joro-gumo because she is. However, if you did die 30+ times to Joro-gumo, well, I don't know what to tell you... >.>

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:52 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:

Wait, you need to clarify. There's an actual "spider woman boss", Joro-gumo, who's fairly easy. But sometimes Hino-Enma is called the "spider woman" boss too, though she's more of a succubus. Do you mean Hino-Enma (3rd boss, in the cave level), or Joro-gumo (spider castle level later on)?

If you're reading that the "spider woman boss" is fairly easy, you're no doubt reading about Joro-gumo because she is. However, if you did die 30+ times to Joro-gumo, well, I don't know what to tell you... >.>

It's Joro-Gumo. I died to her 30+ times. Hino-Enma had to have been more than 40 deaths.

I did beat Umi-Nozu after only 10 or so attempts if that counts for anything.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 am 

Weird. Umi-Bozu is generally considered way harder than Joro-Gumo. Certainly by me. Joro-gumo is hardly a threat at all tbh. What weapon are you using? I wonder if that makes a difference...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:06 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Weird. Umi-Bozu is generally considered way harder than Joro-Gumo. Certainly by me. Joro-gumo is hardly a threat at all tbh. What weapon are you using? I wonder if that makes a difference...

I'm using dual swords and the low stance. I don't remember the exact name of the swords. What do you normally use when you play?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:20 pm 

Dual swords and katana for the most part. I use all the stances but primarily mid-stance. Still, dual swords in low stance should have no problem with joro-gumo. That one's a headscratcher haha.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:50 am 

If you play the Division and you pack a medic box, do your team a favor and ACTUALLY USE IT.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:12 pm 

So guys, Bloodborne remaster is coming out for Switch. So sayeth.... Fox News!

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/03/02/ ... eview.html

Quote:
There are plenty of amazing titles coming out this year. “Dark Souls Remastered” is the long-awaited remake of “Dark Souls 3” and “Bloodborne.”

Screencap of the full "article" in case it gets taken down (not that Fox News would even have this kind of integrity lol)
Spoiler: show

:lol: :lol: :lol: I see Fox News' tech coverage is about as reality-based as their regular news...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:43 pm 

LOL what the hell? Isn't creating misinformation more effort than just stating facts that have already been announced.

But damn, I would seriously love Bloodborne on Switch, though I'm still stoked to play Dark Souls 1 on it.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:38 am 

I've been replaying Souls. Beat it yesterday after a while not playing. Felt real rusty in the beginning but picked up in the second half and recalled how good I used to be. Today I played SotFS for the first time, never having played DS2 and already it feels so different and lesser than DS. Initial impression is that it's way easier than the first Souls. Probably because I'm dying less but also enemies go down like nothing. Only 3 hours in and cleared past The Pursuer. 1 word: balista.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 am 

Is it sad that the only game I'm really looking forward to this year is a goddamn remaster? I mean, Deadfire, BioMutant and Vampyr could be good but I know DS is already good so, uh, yeah.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:51 am 

This year is pretty barebone yeah. Other than MH World there's nothing that really excites me for 2018.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:47 pm 

With the announcement that the new Battlefield is going to be another WWII shooter, the only game I'm looking forward to is GTFO. That and maybe the PS4 release for Fire Pro World, but only for the simming aspects (can't stand the actual gameplay).

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:08 pm 

On a somewhat comedic note, I wanna let you guys know that, in some alternate reality, Alex Jones actually became an acclaimed video game voice actor:

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:43 pm 

And now I want to play Doom 2016 again. Thanks.

at the gaytes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:00 pm 

Speaking of Doom, yesterday I broke my record on Ultra-Nightmare and managed to destroy 3 of the 4 gore nests on the Foundry :hyper:

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:25 am 

I'm almost finished with Doom on Nightmare. It's incredible, coming back to it after playing it three times in a row when it came out originally.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:29 am 

Morrigan wrote:
So guys, Bloodborne remaster is coming out for Switch

So this gives us hope of having a PC version, right?

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:31 pm 

I just bought Middle-Earth Shadow of War for a break from Nioh and because I loved the original.

What I originally thought was bad controls in Shadow of War might just be a testament to how good the Nioh controls are. Especially, the combat. Shadow of War does deal with a lot of combat, but they aren't even in the same galaxy as Nioh.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 pm 

I really wish some of you guys would try Deadbolt. FasterDisaster, did you ever play it? It's got so much bang for $10. You're a modern day Grim Reaper who takes occult assassination missions from your fireplace. Oh, did I mention the fireplace gave me a kitty cat and told me no one should live in complete isolation?

The gameplay is a tight mixture of stealth-mindedness and something-less-than-Hotline-Miami scrambling when your plan goes awry.

Phenomenal soundtrack from the Risk of Rain guy. I'm having a hard time putting it down.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:04 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
I just bought Middle-Earth Shadow of War for a break from Nioh and because I loved the original.

What I originally thought was bad controls in Shadow of War might just be a testament to how good the Nioh controls are. Especially, the combat. Shadow of War does deal with a lot of combat, but they aren't even in the same galaxy as Nioh.

Dude

That's like going immediately from Cuphead to Bubsy or something :lol:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:

Dude

More like a bridge too short!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:34 pm 

I... understood that reference :(

Spoiler: show
We rented it back in the early pre-internet Genesis days okay

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:47 pm 

Well, this is an absolute shot in the dark, but does anyone here play Dominions 5? Would be nice to get a match going, even if it were just a 1v1. I check the multiplayer forum every day to try to join in on the 10+ player matches but they fill up way too fast, so I've been asking around elsewhere.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:46 am 

Morrigan wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:

Dude

I needed a break from getting my ass handed to me. I legitimately don't want to go through doors that I know are gonna be boss battles.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:30 am 

Thanks to PSN+, I have finally played Mighty No. 9.

I hate it.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:

I hate it.

Was it better than nothing, though?
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:14 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:

I hate it.

I believe the more pertinent question is, did it make him cry like an anime fan on prom night?

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:29 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Diamhea wrote:

I believe the more pertinent question is, did it make him cry like an anime fan on prom night?

Better than nothing, sure, why not.

Make me cry like an anime fan on prom night, ppfffffff. I skipped prom on purpose and also, girls didn't like me so whatever! I literally hung out with a friend who also didn't go and we drank and watched Metallica videos.

It's hard to say,, though, but I just did not have fun with it. Pretty much at all. I got to two bosses, found them to be absurdly frustrating, found the entire set-up of the game annoying, and turned it off. Why a life limit? What fucking year is it? Is it 1986? No, no it fucking is not. There are some cases for nostalgia-driven game design, but some of them crammed in Mighty No. 9 were not it.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:32 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Make me cry like an anime fan on prom night, ppfffffff. I skipped prom on purpose and also, girls didn't like me so whatever! I literally hung out with a friend who also didn't go and we drank and watched Metallica videos.

While I fully support the notion of ignoring dumb social contracts such as prom night, I believe Zelk is actually referencing this.

Which, honestly, must be one of the worst trailers ever as far as actually trying to sell the game goes. I mean, actively insulting your audience while asking them to buy your shit? Yeah... that's not gonna fly.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:28 pm 

I don't know, man, I think that trailer line might just be the best part of the game. :lol:

Bloodborne is the PS+ freebie game you want to play, anyway, not that shitshow. :nods:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 843, 844, 845, 846, 847, 848, 849 ... 940  Next