Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Thy Shrine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:10 pm 

I had no knowledge of the Anathema thing, but I was a little weirded out in general by the Ellefson situation, and it sort of makes me think it could be a little worse than it was, I know the girl came out and said everything was consensual, and I 100 percent believe her, but it just gives me cause for alarm about Dave Ellefson because it's like if he's already going for that low, the average 15 to 18 year old probably wouldn't make him act any differently, if that makes sense, not about to condemn the guy because he really didnt do anything wrong but yeah, I'd suggest people keep an eye on him

Perhaps.

HR90
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:59 pm 

Supposedly Mustaine and Electra unfollow David on Instagram.

I don't have any problem if they get James LoMenzo again because he had a great tone. I've seen Megadeth with LoMenzo and Ellefson. It doesn't mean I dislike Ellefson, because after all is private stuff.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:24 am 

Thy Shrine wrote:
because it's like if he's already going for that low, the average 15 to 18 year old probably wouldn't make him act any differently

What kind of bullshit logic is that. I mean, sure the guy is a jerk for cheating on his wife, and he's an hypocritical douche. But there is absolutely no kind of equivalence between engaging in sexual activities with a 19 years old an a 15 years old. For starters, one is of legal age. So at best, your reasoning is a slippery slope fallacy and at worst, it's just plain wrong. I mean, you've been 15 years old and 19, right? At 15, a woman is just hitting puberty, and at 19 she's a full grown adult woman.

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:05 am 

We don't even know if he was aware she was 19...for all we know, she could have told him otherwise and may have looked older than her age.

Last edited by Space_alligator on Wed May 12, 2021 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
HR90
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:04 am 

Space_alligator wrote:
We don't even know if he was aware she was 19...for all we know, she could have told him otherwise and may have looked oldee than her age.

For me, she seems to be 25 - 30 years old in the only photo of her around the web before deleting his Instagram.
For others, it could be younger or older.

Last edited by Erosion of Humanity on Wed May 12, 2021 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
doxxing

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:42 am 

An older guy predating on a very young woman is still creepy as fuck. Age of consent is literally just a number and it varies between countries.

Age of consent here is 16 and 15 in France iirc. That doesn't make a 60 year old dating a 16 year old less creepy even if it may be legal.

I guess my point here is it is indeed a moral issue above everything else.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:48 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
I guess my point here is it is indeed a moral issue above everything else.

Well yeah, his mates need to be having a strong word with him along the lines of 'sniffing around teenagers at your age isn't on, Dave, grow up'.

The metal archives 'he looks like a witch !' inquisition is as funny as always, though.

CrippledLucifer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:38 am 

HeavenDuff wrote:
Thy Shrine wrote:
because it's like if he's already going for that low, the average 15 to 18 year old probably wouldn't make him act any differently

What kind of bullshit logic is that. I mean, sure the guy is a jerk for cheating on his wife, and he's an hypocritical douche. But there is absolutely no kind of equivalence between engaging in sexual activities with a 19 years old an a 15 years old. For starters, one is of legal age. So at best, your reasoning is a slippery slope fallacy and at worst, it's just plain wrong. I mean, you've been 15 years old and 19, right? At 15, a woman is just hitting puberty, and at 19 she's a full grown adult woman.

I mean sure she may be legally an adult, but to pretend that a 19 year old girl somehow is an adult in the same terms as a guy pushing 60 is fucking laughable.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:52 am 

HeavenDuff wrote:
Thy Shrine wrote:

Actually women usually hit puberty on average around 11 years old and after about 4 years they're pretty much fully developed if we only take physical appearance into consideration. But even if the body is fully developed as early as 14/15 it of course doesn't mean its ok to start a physical relationship with them at that age (unless of course you also are of the same age). And even then I think its probably for the best to wait a while until both have matured a little bit.

I work with mid- to late-teenagers and it is very obvious that the girls are pretty much women when it comes to physical appearance when they are around 16 (for the boys it usually happens around 20 and after I find). However I have no idea why anyone who's just a few years older would be interested in a relationship with such a young girl. They just aren't there mentally and quite often still can't control their childish behaviour from a more adult approach. They can seem mature at times but they are still very childlike.

And quite honestly, the older I get the more I think people in their early and mid-20's are still way to immature. Physically attractive, sure (but so are older women to me as well), but their mental maturity still isn't all there.

But yeah, you're critique of the post above is spot on. There is nothing to say that interest in a 19 year old would in any way indicate paedophilia. It's a huge leap from finding a 19 year old attractive to thinking a 10 year old is attractive. One can't even compare the two. The big thing here is that he is married and has cheated on his wife. That's bad but isn't even on the same scale as being a paedophile.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

CannibalCorpse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:16 am 

HR90 wrote:

For me, she seems to be 25 - 30 years old in the only photo of her around the web before deleting his Instagram.
For others, it could be younger or older.

She looks like a heavily edited Dave Ellefson to me.

Adder's Fork - These Mountains Cast Great Shadows - NEW!
Adder's Fork + Dea Artio/In Dornen/Winter's Breath - A Gathering of Four - Split - NEW!
Adder's Fork - Website
Reviewer for Antichrist Magazine

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:44 am 

CrippledLucifer wrote:
HeavenDuff wrote:
Thy Shrine wrote:

I mean sure she may be legally an adult, but to pretend that a 19 year old girl somehow is an adult in the same terms as a guy pushing 60 is fucking laughable.

She's old enough to fuck, to drink in most of the civilized world, to purchase weapons, to vote, to drive, to get married, to enlist, to be a nude model. I mean I understand there's an age difference, but I think randos on the Internet should at one point mind their own fucking business.

He's still a hypocritical asshole, but because he cheated on his wife. The rest, the age difference, that's between them and it's none of our business.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:47 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
An older guy predating on a very young woman

i take it you mean "preying" :) although what you wrote is a cool idea for a time travel movie :D or faust :D :D

predating is not a thing yet, though, i reckon, if you give it a coupla months it could be the new hashtag... :/

controlled_bleeding
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:53 am 

in a strange world where men can menstruate, men can have babies, girls have dicks, and lesbians not interested in trans-females is transphobic.... yet a 57 year old flogging off to a consenting adult female on facetime is taboo? To quote Roy Batty... "time to die".

Last edited by Erosion of Humanity on Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
user banned for shitty transphobia

CrippledLucifer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 am 

Curious_dead wrote:
CrippledLucifer wrote:

She's old enough to fuck, to drink in most of the civilized world, to purchase weapons, to vote, to drive, to get married, to enlist, to be a nude model. I mean I understand there's an age difference, but I think randos on the Internet should at one point mind their own fucking business.

He's still a hypocritical asshole, but because he cheated on his wife. The rest, the age difference, that's between them and it's none of our business.

Yeah no. You don't get to decide what's my fucking business here.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:26 am 

Something can be technically legal but still fucking weird and gross as shit. Not that hard.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:33 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Something can be technically legal but still fucking weird and gross as shit. Not that hard.

I also think it's weird, but who are we to judge?

CrippledLucifer wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:
CrippledLucifer wrote:

Yeah no. You don't get to decide what's my fucking business here.

Unless you're involved, or unless we learn there was something shadier going on, it's literally, absolutely, definitely not our fucking business. Not yours, not mine.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2