https://loudwire.com/possessed-jeff-bec ... ars-video/

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:17 pm 

Now that's pretty cool. Glad to see a metal legend walk again :hail:

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:40 pm 

Dude is a true metal warrior. Nothing but love for the guy.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:57 pm 

This almost near brought a damn tear to my eye, this is great to see. Every time I saw videos of Possessed performing live, I couldn't help not take my mind off how sorry I felt for his circumstances
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:57 pm 

That is so awesome!

HorrorMetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:53 pm 

Wow! That is just breathtakingly astounding. I’m so happy for him, that’s amazing news for sure! I was in a wheelchair myself for a while (though not nearly as long as him) and walking again for the first time was indeed a truly great feeling.

I always felt sad for him whenever I watched (or even listened for that matter) a live concert of Possessed so I’m very happy to see this. Good for him.

goetia_unreleased
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:07 am 

The man is THE definition of metal. Looking forward to the next Possessed album. Revelations... was a phenomenal album so I have high expectations.

CreepingDeath16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:08 am 

This is amazing! Science is wonderful.

Spoiler for being a nitpicky asshole:
Spoiler: show
Let me be the guy and ask, what's with the sappy piano music? This achievement is metal as hell and necessitates a corresponding soundtrack.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:24 am 

CreepingDeath16 wrote:
Spoiler for being a nitpicky asshole:
Spoiler: show
Let me be the guy and ask, what's with the sappy piano music? This achievement is metal as hell and necessitates a corresponding soundtrack.

Probably because it appears to be a Tiktok video that was reposted onto Possessed's Instagram. I feel like such an ass laughing at the music since I read your post before watching the video, but it's also just kinda amusingly surreal seeing the Tiktok logo with @possessed.official underneath it.

Super happy for Jeff though, he deserves this chance.

Coastliner
Metalhead

Location: beyond the blue on some ancient, tattered Fates Warning cover
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:54 am 

Yay! :metal: :metal: :metal: :bow:

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:40 am 

Fuckin awesome.

Reading that Loudwire article... bloody hell! It's amazing he's alive. I always new the basic story, but the extra graphic details... fuckin incredible.

Floodland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:57 am 

Another victim of the mindless, insane gun laws (or the lack thereof) of the US.
The Ardbeg Wizard wrote: I'm not interested in doing a trade anymore. I saw your post history and all you do is complain and call everything nazi. I'm not a nazi or racist but it's annoying as shit. Don't bother to respond. I won't read it.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:22 am 

Floodland wrote:
Another victim of the mindless, insane gun laws (or the lack thereof) of the US.
How about just being happy a man has walked for the first time in many years. Why try and turn it into a political discussion?

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:26 am 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
Floodland wrote:
How about just being happy a man has walked for the first time in many years. Why try and turn it into a political discussion?

My thoughts exactly.

But yeah, holy hell...good for Jeff!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:01 am 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
Floodland wrote:

Politics are everywhere at the end of the day... I don't see an issue with his comment. Not like there's any more conflict with Jeff's case or anything like that.

That said yes it's awesome Jeff is able to walk again. I can't imagine losing my legs so it must be a huge goddamn relief.

I think I'll put on Revelations of Oblivion later - been a bit, and the album goddamn rips.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:31 pm 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
Floodland wrote:
Because lack of gun control is part of the reason why Jeff got paralyzed in the first place?

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

Count_de_LaFey
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:27 pm 

Smalley wrote:
wizard_of_bore wrote:
Floodland wrote:
Because lack of gun control is part of the reason why Jeff got paralyzed in the first place?

Well, in my home country we have strong gun control and criminals still have guns and they shot people in the streets anyways. The main issue is not gun control but poverty and lack of education.

That being said, cool for Jeff, the video is really wholesome.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:58 pm 

I'll just get it out of the way- I wasn't really a Possessed fan and found Seven Churches to be extremely dated. Feel bad saying it, but it would be very dishonest if I didn't put it out there and admit to how I felt.

That said, Jeff is probably one of the most awesome dudes I've ever met in the death metal scene. As the loudwire article says, Posssessed is on TikTok, but in reality it's literally just Jeff posting whatever he feels like. The good thing about the metal community on that app is that it is generally really accepting to a lot of people and a very awesome community. It's a small niche and deviates far from the apps original intention, but still a great way to meet people with similar interests. Jeff is just a fan of the genre, no ego or anything, and blends right in with everyone. He followed me and basically everyone that follows him back, and is way open to talking with people. I ended up shooting the shit with him once in a comment section of a vid he did that was basically a collage of photos he had with various musicians (Dave Vincent, Mike Patton, Dino, etc). It was such a cool conversation, because I could tell that he admires the same musicians that were initially inspired by his music. Again- no ego, just a fan.

Really hope he's able to walk again. Seeing this warmed my heart.

Btw, for the people talking about the music... most likely that was him that put that there. There was also this vid he posted a couple week ago with some interesting music in there :lol:. Whatever, the man fucking created death metal, he gets a pass in my book.

Reply to topic