Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:06 am 

Well, I just discovered this band through a youtube recommendation and it's kind of kicking ass.

I cannot even begin to describe what the whole album sounds like, but the opener is kind of misleading. It's all over the place! Faster trad heavy/doom mixed with Bathory-like epicness, then more of a Dissection/Sacramentum thing going on still with a weird 80s/almost trad doom/psychedelic vibe, after that the title track "sounds like 1993-4 era Burzum song, but corny as fuck. Its funny" (comment on yt). I'm so intrigued, I tell ya.

So please check it out yourself if you may and

-- tell me what the fuck is going on

-- recommend similar stuff

-- add it to the archives.

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:43 pm 

Only listened to the first song so far but it reminds me of Black Magick SS.

Edit: Yeah finished the album. I like it. BMSS is still the first thing that comes to mind, musically, vocally, + the symbolism. But they're more focused and less spontaneous/jam sessiony, less metal. And then beyond BMSS there's Edelweiss and Assassination in that vein.

Last edited by MonumentalBlackArt on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:37 am 

It's cool! Kinda folky, kinda doom-ish, kind of early Iron Maiden, sort of but not really, and the vocals are all over the map- death growls and black metal shrieks. There's a lot going on here that's pretty decent.

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:46 pm 

just wanted to pop in and say i've been really digging this. really good melodies and arrangements that cross boundaries effortlessly. overall, very evocative listen. cheers!

Flugeldufel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:18 pm 

This is seriously cool. Liked it a few days ago, but I finally got around to hearing the whole thing. I hope these guys keep making music, and keep the raw sound. Great stuff.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:00 pm 

Was just introduced to this the other day and it fucking floored me. I don't even really know how metal this is apart from the death/black vocals; it's more like easygoing 70s rock at times and has some weird psychedelic moments at others. But it creates a macabre, occult vibe overall, very Halloweenish. I can barely fucking find any info from a cursory Google search. But yeah - super impressive.

I actually like that they aren't really doing any usual metal riffing on this. It's definitely metal in its atmosphere, but the guitar playing is so fluid and expansive.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:16 pm 

Yeah, this sounds a lot like late 60s/early 70s psych rock with harsh vocals. Definitely an interesting concept that hasn't really been done that much.

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:39 am 

Yeah, it's pretty good. I haven't heard a lot of stuff like that. IMO it's heavy enough to have it's place here, it has definitely a rock vibe, but the pacing, the melodies, the singing turn it into a weird UFO. It sounds like a lot of bands that I'd consider proto-metal, with harsh vocals and a touch of modernity.

No matter, it's definitely interesting.

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:30 am 

Giving this a spin now. It's fucking great, been a while since I heard something this fresh.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:03 pm 

Really cool! I like this a lot!

Swod
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:38 pm 

Where to buy cd?

Reply to topic