* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:58 pm 

https://nextmosh.com/andrea-meyer-cradl ... -has-died/

Quote:
Andrea Meyer Haugen, guest musician on Cradle of Filth’s ‘The Principle of Evil Made Flesh’ and Satyricon’s ‘Nemesis Divina,’ plus more, has died. RIP.

Cradle of Filth mastermind Dani Filth comments on social media, “R.I.P. Andrea Meyer. Andrea guested on our debut album ‘The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh’ and also modelled and danced for us onstage as well as presiding over ritual back in our formative years. She will be sadly missed and our deep felt love and sympathies go out to her kith and kin.
#andreameyerhaugen #rip #kongsbergnorway #theprincipleofevilmadeflesh”

Apparently, she was one of the victims who died during that bow and arrow attack that happened in Norway. It really sucks that she passed away, especially since The Principle of Evil Made Flesh was the album that got me into COF and it still remains one of my favorite albums from them. :(

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:20 pm 

"To Eve the Art of Witchcraft" is one of my all time favorite COF songs, and her spoken part is a big reason why. Very terrible and sad.
RIP.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:39 pm 

Such a shame, RIP.

Also, are her guest appearances really more note-worthy than her own body of work? Aghast, Nebelhexë, and Hagalaz' Runedance should surely get more of a mention?

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:04 pm 

balbulus wrote:
Such a shame, RIP.

Also, are her guest appearances really more note-worthy than her own body of work? Aghast, Nebelhexë, and Hagalaz' Runedance should surely get more of a mention?

Short answer is yes. Cradle of Filth is way more well-known than any of those bands. So it would be more noteworthy to highlight her more popular body of work even though it was just a guest spot.

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:15 am 

Absolutely gutted right now. R.I.P. Andrea Meyer. You will be sorely missed by all.:(

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:03 am 

This is horrible. RIP Andrea. :(

balbulus wrote:
Such a shame, RIP.

Agreed, edited the thread title.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

abyss696
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 am 

This is really sad! She was 45 years old for god's sake! He leaves a daughter too, all because a fucking lunatic!
I love Aghast specially, that album is fucking eeire. Rest in peace Andrea!

CrippledLucifer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:47 am 

Immortal666 wrote:
balbulus wrote:
Such a shame, RIP.

Short answer is yes. Cradle of Filth is way more well-known than any of those bands. So it would be more noteworthy to highlight her more popular body of work even though it was just a guest spot.

Short counterpoint is that I've known of Aghast and Hagalaz' Runedance for years but I wasn't even aware she had guested on the first CoF album until yesterday.

raumr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:05 am 

Extremely sad to hear it. RIP.

When they revealed the names of the victims yesterday, I thought I recognized her name. Hagalaz Runedance is great folk-inspired ambient music. In the article they also describe all the art projects she was involved in, not just music.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:13 pm 

im a fan of both Hagalaz Runedance and especially Aghast.... RIP.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:03 pm 

Immortal666 wrote:
balbulus wrote:
Such a shame, RIP.

Cradle of Filth may be more well known but she as an artist was more well known for Aghast and Hagalaz Runedance (which got quite a lot of attention back in the day). Hell I knew more about her being married to Samoth than her being on the first CoF.

Anyways not to derail. This was extremely sad, the world is just really fucking eerie for me right now, just found out a family friend and neighbour’s dad was found murdered and his wife arrested for it. I don’t know what’s going on but this is just too sad. A tragedy for Andrea and for the 4 others that died.

jose_G
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:42 am 

Sad

Reply to topic