Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:09 am 

From the Facebook post - https://www.facebook.com/1914band/posts ... 0853574064

Quote:
And here we go!
Our first single from the upcoming album - Where Fear and Weapons Meet
Just add here text from Napalm Records page.

“We are not singing the songs, we are telling the stories!“
(1914)

Ukrainian WWI experts 1914 continue to reflect the gruesome tales of World War I, its soldiers’ fate, their death, fear and feats to be never forgotten, and unleash their new opus, Where Fear and Weapons Meet, out October 22, 2021 via Napalm Records.

Its eleven tracks of pure historic harshness follow up to the band’s sophomore full-length, The Blind Leading the Blind (2018), and debut, Eschatology of War (2015), both highly acclaimed amongst critics, and create a sophisticated variety of massively brutal blackened death metal accented by dramatic and realistic audio soundscapes and disquieting melodies spiced with the approach of sludge and doom!
Massive first single “...And a Cross Now Marks His Place” already marks an absolute highlight, as this stamping outburst features none other than Paradise Lost icon Nick Holmes, whose pervasive delivery matches with 1914’s mastermind Hptm. Ditmar Kumarberg’s (9. Westpreußisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 176) vocal harshness.
Hptm. Ditmar Kumarberg on the first song:

“The story behind “...And A Cross Now Marks His Place” totally captured me: This is the real letter, handwritten by the British officer to the mother of a soldier who died in action. This was not a standard form sent in thousands, but more like a personal message. He describes the way her son died, tells words of consolation, and emphasizes how the Crown is proud of him, another victim of the massacre between Empires.“

Pre-Order "Where Fear And Weapons Meet" here: https://smarturl.it/1914-WFAWM

First single - "...And a Cross Now Marks His Place"

Fucking hell, they've done it again. The new track is both crushingly heavy and will rip your balls off, and the subject matter makes it that much more emotionally intense. This new album's going to be a barnburner.

Metal_Jaw
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:13 pm 

Well it's about time! Seems like forever since their last album. If it's anything at all like the last two, I have no doubts about it being something masterful.

SculptedCold
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:19 am 

Last one was a belter, and it sounds like they have a similarly crushing and brimstone production this time so it'll be pleasingly heavy if nothing else.

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:38 pm 

Man, that new song is fuckin' stellar. I thought it was pretty good on the first listen, but with each subsequent listen it's gotten better and better to the point I'll have to prohibit the song until I hear the rest of the album. I like that the track was obvious 1914 but added some Nick Holmes influences beyond his vocals. I'm incredibly exited to hear what they have in store for the rest of the album. Kumarberg's vocals have improved as well, there's more variance and nuance to his performance.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:36 pm 

Not really a fan of Holmes' contribution and the lyrics seem a bit too...straightforward? Otherwise, there's plenty of cool riffs for me to enjoy. Definitely interesting stuff.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:51 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Not really a fan of Holmes' contribution and the lyrics seem a bit too...straightforward? Otherwise, there's plenty of cool riffs for me to enjoy. Definitely interesting stuff.

Yeah the lyrics are a bit iffy since they were not meant to be sung (and were written in the style and format of an actual letter from a hundred years ago.), but that's what we're getting and they try to make it work. I still vastly prefer this approach and tone to Sabaton's take on WW1.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Nocturnal_Evil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:10 pm 

Not too much a fan of the cleans here, but the song is damn heavy and aside from them, 1914 is as good as ever still.

pikesteriff71
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:47 am 

Pre ordered here.The last 2 albums are on regular rotation still.Awesome heaviness.
Hoping this pallet of vinyl won't get stranded at a snowbound airport depot like the last one.! :-D

Floodland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:50 am 

pretty average and tame. Nothing too special, and the English is so-so.
The Ardbeg Wizard wrote: I'm not interested in doing a trade anymore. I saw your post history and all you do is complain and call everything nazi. I'm not a nazi or racist but it's annoying as shit. Don't bother to respond. I won't read it.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:42 pm 

Just blasting the first single now, sounds great. Looking forward to this, the previous one was killer and had an Exploited cover to boot!

La Barba Azul
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:03 am 

I'm excited for this! Love the last two records and this track is damn good too!

Kalaratri
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:16 am 

The second single is out:

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:41 pm 

FUCK! That ripped. This is going to be a killer album. Very solid riffing and compositionally it seems like they're branching out a little too. Those horns in the background were surprisingly fitting. The high-pitched ringing in the middle was a bit irritating, though I understand why it's there (and it helps that one of the soldiers is holding his ears too LOL). I'm stoked!

e_ddi_e
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 am 

Third single out now. Best yet.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:00 am 

Out today, first full listen. It does indeed rip, purchase coming up.
Much better than the new Massacre that also came out today...

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:18 pm 

That was fucking great. Definitely getting this one!

pikesteriff71
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:12 pm 

Like what i hear so far.The vinyl release delayed until the 29th.
Ran out of materials at the pressing plant.
Read that as ' We never realised everybody wanted this one.' :lol:

joppek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:20 am 

brilliant album again from these guys - not many bands can keep the quality this high for three albums in a row. this is a strong contender for my top10 aoty poll list

Reply to topic