Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 548
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:28 pm 
 

Holy shit, anyone hear this yet? Absolutely filthy brutal death demo from and new Indonesian band. Picking up where Disgorge (Ca) left off. Cant wait to hear more of this, this song is sick.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmaEO0yB-Ms

Top
 Profile  
SculptedCold
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:26 am
Posts: 592
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:53 pm 
 

That does sound quite like caligorge, though I don't think it goes as hard as they did, or has the same quality of blastgroove. But just 2 songs... who knows where they'll go.

For Indonesian BDM, i'm still waiting for a follow-up to this:

Top
 Profile  
collingwood77
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:43 pm
Posts: 168
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:05 am 
 

pressingtoplead13 wrote:
Holy shit, anyone hear this yet? Absolutely filthy brutal death demo from and new Indonesian band. Picking up where Disgorge (Ca) left off. Cant wait to hear more of this, this song is sick.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmaEO0yB-Ms


I have to check this out. The pioneers of Bandung (city in West Java) death metal mostly followed in that Disgorge USA-Suffocation style of BDM, following in the footsteps of early leading band Jasad, who were local legends in the scene due to being signed by Sevared Records USA Other Bandung bands playing in that style include Digging Up, Disinfected, Forgotten, Jihad, and the mighty Bleeding Corpse. A worthwhile younger band is Interfectorment who have headlined the brilliantly named BangCock Death Fest. Another excellent band is Dismemberment Torture, featuring ex-Jasad drummer Dani aka Papap.

Bands from other cities play a mix of genres and styles and would often taunt Bandung people (not usually to their face) by saying that they only played BDM. Surabaya is mostly power metal and black metal, Yogyakarta is a mix of DM styles, and Kediri is technical death metal and black metal.

Other older legendary bands are Death Vomit aka Devo from Yogya, Tenggorokan from Kediri and Grausig and Prosatanica from Jakarta.

Some people might think Indonesia must be a boring country as it is Muslim-majority, but that's the opposite of the truth.

Top
 Profile  
Everflowingstream
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:29 am
Posts: 567
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:33 am 
 

The Digging Up tracks on the recent split ep with Consumed are awesome. Bought a fair bit of Indo bdm from Brutal Mind this year. They love it there and produce a lot of quality music.

Top
 Profile  
collingwood77
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:43 pm
Posts: 168
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:42 pm 
 

I know the guitarist, Dedra from Digging Up. I told him how Andrew Sick from Sick Reviews (Canada) called him the best BDM guitarist in Indo. He politely thanked Andrew and humbly shrugged it off. Another band I didn't mention was Sickles from the religiously conservative island backwater of Madura, also supported in a big way by Andrew Sick a few years back.

Top
 Profile  
Everflowingstream
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:29 am
Posts: 567
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:46 am 
 

collingwood77 wrote:
I know the guitarist, Dedra from Digging Up. I told him how Andrew Sick from Sick Reviews (Canada) called him the best BDM guitarist in Indo. He politely thanked Andrew and humbly shrugged it off. Another band I didn't mention was Sickles from the religiously conservative island backwater of Madura, also supported in a big way by Andrew Sick a few years back.


Cool. Hope they become more active. I love the Caligorge/early 2000s Unique Leader sound and West Java must be the best place for it in the world. Been some great bands tour Indonesia that I would have travelled for if I had known - Deranged and Gorgasm. Luckily saw Gorgasm in the US some years back. Will check Sickles out. Until recently the only band I really listened to was Jihad though as said earlier have bought a heap from Brutal Mind this year.

Top
 Profile  
collingwood77
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:43 pm
Posts: 168
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:40 am 
 

Everflowingstream wrote:
collingwood77 wrote:
I know the guitarist, Dedra from Digging Up. I told him how Andrew Sick from Sick Reviews (Canada) called him the best BDM guitarist in Indo. He politely thanked Andrew and humbly shrugged it off. Another band I didn't mention was Sickles from the religiously conservative island backwater of Madura, also supported in a big way by Andrew Sick a few years back.


Cool. Hope they become more active. I love the Caligorge/early 2000s Unique Leader sound and West Java must be the best place for it in the world. Been some great bands tour Indonesia that I would have travelled for if I had known - Deranged and Gorgasm. Luckily saw Gorgasm in the US some years back. Will check Sickles out. Until recently the only band I really listened to was Jihad though as said earlier have bought a heap from Brutal Mind this year.


Origin of the Rebels Angels
was an excellent album by Jihad. The band is on hold now as Rony (guitarist) went off to work in remote Kalimantan, the other boys must be the wrong side of forty now, but they are still around the scene. Busuk Chronicles webzine did a long English language interview with Jihad in 2012. Send me a PM if you can't find it online.

Yes, Sickles is worth checking out, they incorporate Maduraese history and mythology into the lyrics and have a couple of excellent videos online.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackFlag, colin040, Google [Bot], Kalaratri, Klschmann, narsilianshard, thrashinbatman and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group