Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:29 pm 

Quote:
Fellowship has signed a multi-album deal with Scarlet Records.

Hailing from Harwich, England, Fellowship is a four-piece on a mission to take melodic power metal to new heights.

Having started making music together in late 2019, the band released a collection of songs in March of 2020 to widespread acclaim. With a range of backgrounds all the way from metal to musical theatre, they’ve taken the scene by storm, achieving hundreds of thousands of video views, almost as many streams and winning a few awards along the way.

Inspired by Rhapsody and Twilight Force in equal measure, along with Majestica, Sabaton and occasionally some anime theme songs, Fellowship’s music is designed to lift spirits and fire up the soul.

The Fellowship debut album is set to be released in July 2022 – metal has never felt so good!

Fellowship's 2020 EP was definitely one of the better power metal releases in recent years. This album features the same 3 songs, plus the single they released in 2021, and several new tracks. It doesn't look like they've released an actual single for this record yet, so I'll link their 2021 single below.

Despite the description, I find these guys have a different vibe from Twilight Force. I understand why they are compared to them, but this feels considerably less silly.

I've been listening to a promo copy, and the album is really good! The best songs were the ones from the EP, but this is still worth buying even if you already own that.

VaderCrush
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 9:24 pm 

that ep was super catchy megacheese so im looking forward to it

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:38 am 

Spiner202 wrote:
This album features the same 3 songs, plus the single they released in 2021

Seriously? I adore all those songs, but I absolutely hate it when bands do this. Especially on a debut full-length.

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:20 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:
This album features the same 3 songs, plus the single they released in 2021

Seriously? I adore all those songs, but I absolutely hate it when bands do this. Especially on a debut full-length.

It is strange given that the album has 12 songs. They easily could have cut those 3 tracks (or even 4) and still had a full-length album.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:15 pm 

Right? Smells like a bad contract. Considering Scarlet made them delete those songs from their Bandcamp, it seems like the label is taking full control of everything.

Reply to topic