Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:03 pm 

Slugathor is going to be releasing their new album “Crypt of the Ancient Fire” May 27th, 2022 via Drakkar Productions. This is their first release since breaking up in 2010. I’m not sure who the members of the band are right now. I’m assuming Tommi is back providing the guitars and songwriting, along with Immu on drums. It should be interesting to hear the album in whole. I’ve been listening to Desecresy for several years now. Tommi has done a great job continuing the sound of Slugathor with Desecresy. Here’s the new track:

Spoiler: show

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:17 pm 

Stoked as fuck for this. Slugathor are top tier death metal and their sound is one I'm a sucker for.

draconiondevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:57 pm 

overtenmy wrote:
Slugathor is going to be releasing their new album “Crypt of the Ancient Fire” May 27th, 2022 via Drakkar Productions. This is their first release since breaking up in 2010. I’m not sure who the members of the band are right now. I’m assuming Tommi is back providing the guitars and songwriting, along with Immu on drums. It should be interesting to hear the album in whole. I’ve been listening to Desecresy for several years now. Tommi has done a great job continuing the sound of Slugathor with Desecresy. Here’s the new track:

As for the actual members who played on this album, I'm not sure. According to what I've read on Facebook, this album isn't new and was actually recorded 12 years ago. For whatever reason we're only getting it now.

overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:29 pm 

draconiondevil wrote:
overtenmy wrote:

As for the actual members who played on this album, I'm not sure. According to what I've read on Facebook, this album isn't new and was actually recorded 12 years ago. For whatever reason we're only getting it now.

That would be interesting with the delay then. In that case the sound should be the same as when they left off.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 4:36 pm 

Very interested in hearing the album. Going by the song, a lot of the classic Slugathorisms are there, though I can't say I am too enamored with this song yet. It kinda slots in between Echoes from Beneath and the debut of Desecresy, but leaning more towards Echoes as is natural, but it bears more of the repetitive nature of Desecresy.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 4:56 pm 

I wasn't familiar with this band or Desecresy (or Finnish death metal in general really) but just playing 'Unleashing the slugathron' now and it sounds great.
Cheers for the rec! :thumbsup:

TheLoneForest wrote:
Boomerism off the mf charts

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:04 pm 

Full album stream is up

I have not listened to it yet but that's a shorter runtime than I expected.

overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:42 pm 

I Am the Law wrote:
Full album stream is up

I have not listened to it yet but that's a shorter runtime than I expected.

Awesome! I’ll have to check it out. I already ordered the cd. It’s on the way right now.

overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:38 am 

I listened to the album on YouTube, it’s a solid album. I’ll need to listen to it more to wrap my head around it. It’s great to get another Slugathor album after all these years. Check out the new Desecresy “Unveil In the Abyss” if you haven’t already. I’ve always enjoyed each release. I really like the atmosphere with Desecresy.

Reply to topic