Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:06 am 

It's Krisiun, you know what you're getting, but I liked Scourge of the Enthroned and I like the new track. The atmospheric mid-paced bits are cool and it seems like they're letting off the gas a bit here while still keeping it groovy.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:47 am 

Sounds great - instant buy for me! Definitely sounds like a continuation of the excellent Scourge of the Enthroned which is exactly what I wanted.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:40 am 

I was actually just thinking this week that we haven't heard anything from Krisiun for a while, and it's time for a new album.

New song sounds pretty good. Doesn't sound different to their past material and does seem to pick up right where the last album left off. That's fine with me. Looking forward to hearing some more.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:42 pm 

New Krisiun and the last day of school. Today is a good day.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:03 pm 

I must say Krisiun is another one of those bands that I've continuously tried to like but just never clicked with me. Out of several records the only one that kind of grabbed me was 'Conquerors of Armageddon', but maybe if they're taking their foot off the gas a bit and going slightly atmospheric, this could be interesting.

It was also funny as fuck when I caught them live a few years ago and they pulled off a flawless performance... Except for a cover of Venom's 'Black metal', by far the easiest thing they played all night and they all got completely lost :lol:

draconiondevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:17 pm 

I've been meaning to get into Krisiun for the last decade or so. I've heard Southern Storm and even seen them live twice (?) but I've never taken a deep dive into their discography. Perhaps now is the time.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:29 pm 

draconiondevil wrote:
I've been meaning to get into Krisiun for the last decade or so. I've heard Southern Storm and even seen them live twice (?) but I've never taken a deep dive into their discography. Perhaps now is the time.

It's kinda spotty, to be honest. You can safely skip Forged in Fury, and AssassiNation is kinda meh too. Ageless Venomous has great music but absolute garbage production and could at least use a remaster, if not a full rerecording.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:50 pm 

Frank Booth wrote:
draconiondevil wrote:

It's kinda spotty, to be honest. You can safely skip Forged in Fury, and AssassiNation is kinda meh too. Ageless Venomous has great music but absolute garbage production and could at least use a remaster, if not a full rerecording.

I'll agree that you can skip Forged in Fury. Probably their weakest effort.

However, I'll always defend Ageless Venomous because the garbage production actually gives it a unique flavour. :D

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:15 am 

I'm a Krisiun diehard. Their discography is very solid. AssassiNation is fantastic and overhated, as is Bloodshed. Forged in Fury is definitely their weakest but it's not as terrible as people say, just lacking energy and memorability.

I never had a problem with Ageless Venomous but I wish they'd remix/remaster it. I actually emailed the band about it and they responded "We know the sound sucks but we have no plans to remaster it" :lol:

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:25 am 

I think to this day my favourite Krisiun is Apocalyptic Revelations followed by Black Soul Domain. The newer ones just something about the riffing hasn’t been clicking with me.

77hjrttfred
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 3:39 am 

true_death wrote:
Forged in Fury is definitely their weakest but it's not as terrible as people say, just lacking energy and memorability.

I kind of agree. I quite like that album, although it is among their weaker efforts. It is no way as bad as people make out. Actually, my favorite album is The Great Execution.

As for the new song, I like it. In my opinion, Max is one of the best drummers out there and I love his intense work on this song. Krisiun are also one of the best and most reliable live acts out there.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 7:05 am 

true_death wrote:
AssassiNation is fantastic and overhated, as is Bloodshed.

Agreed.

true_death wrote:
I never had a problem with Ageless Venomous but I wish they'd remix/remaster it. I actually emailed the band about it and they responded "We know the sound sucks but we have no plans to remaster it" :lol:

Haha that's fantastic.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 7:23 am 

I genuinely wonder how often Max goes through skins and cymbals (let alone sticks) given how hard he plays. A friend of mine toured with Eloy Casagrande a while back and said that he was always breaking shit, and Max isn't that much less of an animal than that kid, so I'm willing to bet it's a regular thing.

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:13 pm 

I've been a fan of Krisiun ever since I heard 'Conquerors of Armageddon' back in 2001. A friend had dubbed me a cassette copy and I was blown away instantly by their music. A couple of year ago, I watched Krisiun perform live for the first time and they were awesome. I even had my CD booklets signed after the show and posed for photos with the Kolesne-Camargo brothers. I'm looking forward to this new album!

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:50 am 

Here's another single:

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:52 am 

Here's the third single:

klaar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:36 am 

Released today!

https://open.spotify.com/album/5lQW7kHR ... =copy-link

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:49 am 

After one listen I'm seriously impressed. The performances and songwriting sound reinvigorated. I'm tempted to say this is their best since Southern Storm, or at least since The Great Execution.

klaar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:34 pm 

praey wrote:
After one listen I'm seriously impressed. The performances and songwriting sound reinvigorated. I'm tempted to say this is their best since Southern Storm, or at least since The Great Execution.

Exactly!

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:13 am 

First listen. I like it. It'll need some more absorption but it's impressive so far.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:51 pm 

Yeah, I've given this plenty of time to digest and it's absolutely their best since Southern Storm. It's big, chunky, groovy, and heavy as shit and the songs never overstay their welcome.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:49 pm 

I think it sits about in the middle of their discography.

Metallic Shock
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:12 am 

This is a pretty sick album. Much more focused than they've been in a while and Temple of the Abattoir in particular could rank as one of their best tracks. Camargo's bass is more prominent than I remember it ever being before too and that adds a nice growl to the instrumentation I dig. The one criticism I have is Moyses doesn't take hardly any solos the whole time which is a bummer because he's pretty terrific in that department when he chooses to properly cut loose, but I agree with the overall sentiment of this album being the best since Southern Storm.

77hjrttfred
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:50 am 

Metallic Shock wrote:
Camargo's bass is more prominent than I remember it ever being before too and that adds a nice growl to the instrumentation I dig.

Yeah, I agree. It is interesting to note that Forged in Fury has the bass quite high in the mix, a bit similar to this album. I have always liked his growl, heavy but you can still make out the words.

Reply to topic