Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Thy Shrine
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:37 pm
Posts: 656
Location: Golgotha
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:52 am 
 

CreepingDeath16 wrote:
Lee Harrison wrote:
Darkthrone Natassja in eternal sleep

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Dio era Black Sabbath is Dio, regardless of what's written on the cover. That's Dio songwriting 100%.

What the actual fuck you guys, is it the summer heat that's softening your brains?

To actually contribute something, Apollyon Sun has a tender number called Slender on their album Sub, and it really works amidst the industrial rock/metal.



Nah bro, that Darkthrone song is totally a ballad, read the lyrics, and the melodic theme in the beginning is a little sweeter and more reflective than the rest of the album.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees that song in that way

Also you could name Drop the entire Serenades and Pentecrost III albums by Anathema but I'll pick sleep in sanity from the former and Kingdom from the latter, both are fucking top tier tho, love that bands death era
_________________
So what? You're just gonna listen to this garbage metal noise, and grow your hair long, and not get laid?


Perhaps.

Top
 Profile  
Muthafuca
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:55 am
Posts: 39
Location: Slovenia
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:24 am 
 

Manowar - Defender
Falconer - Portals of Light
Conception - Silent Crying
Helloween - A Tale that wasn't Right
Skid Row - Wasted Time
Motley Crue - You're All I Need
Warrant - Stronger Now
D.A.D. - Laugh and a 1/2
D.A.D. - Unowned
Accept - Amamos la Vida
Stratovarius - Forever
Poison - Life Goes On
Faster Pussycat - House of Pain

Top
 Profile  
DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:10 am
Posts: 2354
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:26 am 
 

Muthafuca wrote:
Helloween - A Tale that wasn't Right


Fantastic pick! It seems like most fans hate that song, and I don't know why. One of my all time favorite ballads.

Top
 Profile  
Paka01
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 419
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:01 am 
 

Anathema - Are You There
Helloween - Forever and One
Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Iron Maiden - Journeyman
Death Angel - A Room With a View
Testament - The Legacy
Watain - They Rode On
Black Sabbath - No Stranger to Love
WASP - Forever Free
Manowar - Heart of Steel
Motorhead - One More Fucking Time
Pain of Salvation - Second Love
Sonata Arctica - Replica
Dream Theater - Hollow Years
Fates Warning - Wish
Blind Guardian - Lord of thr Rings
Stratovarius - Coming Home
_________________
Band covers and artwork:
Kocka Graphics on Facebook

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 181
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:44 am 
 

Thy Shrine wrote:
CreepingDeath16 wrote:
Lee Harrison wrote:
Darkthrone Natassja in eternal sleep

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Dio era Black Sabbath is Dio, regardless of what's written on the cover. That's Dio songwriting 100%.

What the actual fuck you guys, is it the summer heat that's softening your brains?

To actually contribute something, Apollyon Sun has a tender number called Slender on their album Sub, and it really works amidst the industrial rock/metal.



Nah bro, that Darkthrone song is totally a ballad, read the lyrics, and the melodic theme in the beginning is a little sweeter and more reflective than the rest of the album.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees that song in that way

Also you could name Drop the entire Serenades and Pentecrost III albums by Anathema but I'll pick sleep in sanity from the former and Kingdom from the latter, both are fucking top tier tho, love that bands death era

Yes of course isn’t Home Sweet Home but in a context of Norwegian bm is a different and a melodic song

And one of my favorites from Darkthrone
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
tobi is an animal
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:29 pm
Posts: 55
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:22 pm 
 

Avantasia - Blowing Out The Flame
Edguy - Alone In Myself
Epica - Once Upon A Nightmare
The Night Flight Orchestra - Golden Swansdown
Threshold - State Of Independence
Kamelot - Song For Jolee
Battle Beast - Far From Heaven
Beast In Black - Ghost In The Rain
Lordi - Humanimal
Skid Row - Wasted Time

Top
 Profile  
blackdiamond74
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 155
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:49 pm 
 

Shame In You by AiC from their self-titled album. Seems like quite a few songs off this record slip through the cracks, especially this one. I'm not gonna say the harmonies are *better* than Down in a Hole or I Stay Away but that part beginning around 3:25 still gives me goosebumps.

Spoiler: show


Silent Lucidity by Queensryche. When all the hair metal bands were outputting paint-by-numbers saccharin love songs, Chris DeGarmo penned this lovely song about dreaming. And Tate's restrained vocals are great here.

Cigarettes by King's X. Doug Pinnick's voice here just exudes the helplessness of the lyrics. Really melancholy but so good.

Spoiler: show

Top
 Profile  
Ace_Rimmer
Veteran

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 am
Posts: 2901
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:46 pm 
 

Apocalyptic_City wrote:
Watain They Rode On" Incredible guitar work
Skid Row "I Remember You" Amazing preformance from Baz.
Def Leppard "Too Late For Love" One of thier more epic sounding songs
Dokken "Alone Again" This song really hits home for me, classic early metal sound.
Motley Crew "Home Sweet Home" After watching John Cena play this piano, I ahd to go back and listen. Such a great fun song.


Yeah, Baz was on fire on that album and that cut especially.

Top
 Profile  
Judas Maiden
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:56 pm
Posts: 600
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:49 pm 
 

Skid Row - Quicksand Jesus
Skid Row - In A Darkened Room
Skid Row - 18 and Life
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Def Leppard - Love Bites
Ratt - Giving Yourself Away
Motley Crue - You're All I Need
Dio - All the Fools Sailed Away
Ozzy - Mama I'm Coming Home
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow (Heavy Emotion version)

Top
 Profile  
CreepingDeath16
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:49 am
Posts: 331
Location: Hyperborea
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:54 pm 
 

Thy Shrine wrote:
Nah bro, that Darkthrone song is totally a ballad, read the lyrics, and the melodic theme in the beginning is a little sweeter and more reflective than the rest of the album.

Sweeter? Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but are we even listening to the same song? The first chord of the arpeggiated tremolo pattern is quite dissonant, it has a B and both the minor and major thirds of B. The same finger form goes a minor third up to basically a D major, and again a minor third up to an F6. It's objectively not "melodic". And fuck the lyrics, you can't just take a black metal song with wistful words about a "Satanic witch" and call it a ballad. Besides I'm sure there's necrophilia involved in the fantasy.
_________________
Eternal halis......

Top
 Profile  
yungstirjoey666
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:47 am
Posts: 278
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm 
 

I think Avantasia made some good ballads. Farewell and Sleepwalking are some I can think of right now.

Top
 Profile  
AxeCapitol
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:38 pm
Posts: 393
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:17 pm 
 

Unleash the Archers - Waking Dream

Sublime!

Top
 Profile  
DE4tH84
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:43 pm
Posts: 29
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:20 pm 
 

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
Acid Bath - Graveflower
Pantera - Floods
Death - Voice of the Soul
Opeth - Harvest
Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Alice In Chains - Nutshell

Top
 Profile  
Thy Shrine
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:37 pm
Posts: 656
Location: Golgotha
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:13 pm 
 

CreepingDeath16 wrote:
Thy Shrine wrote:
Nah bro, that Darkthrone song is totally a ballad, read the lyrics, and the melodic theme in the beginning is a little sweeter and more reflective than the rest of the album.

Sweeter? Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but are we even listening to the same song? The first chord of the arpeggiated tremolo pattern is quite dissonant, it has a B and both the minor and major thirds of B. The same finger form goes a minor third up to basically a D major, and again a minor third up to an F6. It's objectively not "melodic". And fuck the lyrics, you can't just take a black metal song with wistful words about a "Satanic witch" and call it a ballad. Besides I'm sure there's necrophilia involved in the fantasy.


Wow you're probably the most popular guy at the party
_________________
So what? You're just gonna listen to this garbage metal noise, and grow your hair long, and not get laid?


Perhaps.

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1192
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:15 pm 
 

blackdiamond74 wrote:
Shame In You by AiC from their self-titled album. Seems like quite a few songs off this record slip through the cracks, especially this one. I'm not gonna say the harmonies are *better* than Down in a Hole or I Stay Away but that part beginning around 3:25 still gives me goosebumps.

Spoiler: show


Mmm, Heaven Beside You takes the cake on the tripod album, I think. A lot of the songs on that one have really messy sounding songwriting and chord progressions that are too bizarre for their own good, and that song's no exception. Heaven Beside You is just a little bit above everything else. Actually, a big bit.
_________________
EvergreenSherbert wrote:
saphuchan wrote:
im in your walls

Can you bring me back my guitar picks?

Top
 Profile  
Voidsel
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:15 am
Posts: 79
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:35 pm 
 

Xymosys wrote:
Dark Tranquillity - Lethe


Right, ballads make more sense with melodeath than regular death metal. Lethe could be considered a normal song with an extended clean intro, but you reminded me of The Mind's Eye which I was obsessed with at one point. It's really beautiful and builds so perfectly it sounds much more musically complicated than it is.


Top
 Profile  
CreepingDeath16
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:49 am
Posts: 331
Location: Hyperborea
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:45 am 
 

Thy Shrine wrote:
Wow you're probably the most popular guy at the party

This is me at the party:
Spoiler: show
Image
_________________
Eternal halis......

Top
 Profile  
Twilightkid
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:41 pm
Posts: 114
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:53 am 
 

Skid Row - In a Darkened Room
Skid Row - Quicksand Jesus
_________________
http://www.geminicrow.com || My Hot Sauce Company
http://www.playtheassassin.com || My label (defunct but still selling back-stock)

Top
 Profile  
Rico McPato
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 4:50 pm
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:46 pm 
 

Bruce Dickinson- Tears of a Dragon, Man of Sorrows, Taking the Queen, Omega, Chemical Wedding, Kill Devil Hill, Arc of Space
Testament- The Ballad
WASP- Hold On To My Heart
Opeth- Credence, To Bid You Farewell
Therion- Raven of Dispersion, The Siren of the Woods, Clavicula Nox
Helloween with Deris- Forever and One, A Million to One, If I Knew
Helloween with Kiske- Longing, Number One, I Believe, Giants
Mercyful Fate- Melissa
Iron Maiden- Strange World, No Prayer for the Dying, Starbind, Journeyman
Metal Church- Anthem to the Stranged, Watch the Children Pray
Danzig- Blood and Tears, Tired of Being Alive
Manowar- Guyana
Dokken- Alone Again
Savatage- Edge of Thorns, When the Crowds are Gone
Motley Crue- On With the Show, Danger, You re All I Need
Twisted Sister- The Price, King of Fools
All 5 (!) Skid Row ballads from the first 2 albums

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 1192
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:21 pm 
 

Why is Skid Row suddenly being brought up so much? Aren't they a glam rock band?
_________________
EvergreenSherbert wrote:
saphuchan wrote:
im in your walls

Can you bring me back my guitar picks?

Top
 Profile  
Forever Underground
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 am
Posts: 142
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:07 pm 
 

CreepingDeath16 wrote:
Thy Shrine wrote:
Wow you're probably the most popular guy at the party

This is me at the party:
Spoiler: show
Image

Put Black Sabbath at the party and problem solved

Extra points if it is Sweet Leaf

Top
 Profile  
AxeCapitol
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:38 pm
Posts: 393
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 pm 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Why is Skid Row suddenly being brought up so much? Aren't they a glam rock band?


Only the heaviest glam band. STTG is absolutely a metal album.

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 3607
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:30 pm 
 

There's nothing glam about Skid Row. How do people form these opinions?
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
true_death wrote:
You could be listening to Edge of Sanity right now, but you're not!

Top
 Profile  
LongHairIsSoFuckingCool
Edgy Metal Noob Catchphrase Dispenser

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:22 am
Posts: 352
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:59 pm 
 

Glam is like grunge, it's just a term to describe a scene of musicians. Skid Row being "glam" or not depends on whether or not the members of the band were apart of said scene.
_________________
recyclage wrote:
When a labeling of music gets stucked in the past, than germans are still nazi

recyclage wrote:
Anyone who writes "The Deftones" isn't trustworthy.

Top
 Profile  
AxeCapitol
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:38 pm
Posts: 393
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:06 pm 
 

Opus wrote:
There's nothing glam about Skid Row. How do people form these opinions?


Yeah this too. “Glam”. Jersey band fronted by a Canadian. Miles away from sunset strip. Also they were metal. Full stop. And awesome. Are they on the archives? Never checked. But should be if not.

Top
 Profile  
LongHairIsSoFuckingCool
Edgy Metal Noob Catchphrase Dispenser

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:22 am
Posts: 352
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:12 pm 
 

They are.
_________________
recyclage wrote:
When a labeling of music gets stucked in the past, than germans are still nazi

recyclage wrote:
Anyone who writes "The Deftones" isn't trustworthy.

Top
 Profile  
KaiKasparek
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:06 pm
Posts: 294
Location: Suomi Finland Bukkake
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:01 pm 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
KaiKasparek wrote:
Dio- Too Late


You mean Black Sabbath, right? From Dehumanizer of the Dio era....

Because that's one of my all time favs too.
Dio era Black Sabbath is Dio, regardless of what's written on the cover. That's Dio songwriting 100%.


I did mean Black Sabbath actually. Trees typo.
_________________
hakarl wrote:
Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 181
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:54 am 
 

Tesla Love Song

Very talented band
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
totalthrash
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:17 am
Posts: 21
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:20 am 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Why is Skid Row suddenly being brought up so much? Aren't they a glam rock band?


Skid Row is being brought up because their first two albums are brilliant, almost perfect.

"Quicksand Jesus" and "I Remember You" are my two favorite ballads by them.

My favorite metal ballad by a thrash band has always been "Prisoners of Fate" by Heathen.

"Needful Things" by Stygian is another favorite ballad type song by a thrash band.

As for the more well known ballads, I was always much more a fan of "Sanitarium" than "Fade to Black" for Metallica.

Top
 Profile  
Space_alligator
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 am
Posts: 559
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:25 am 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Why is Skid Row suddenly being brought up so much? Aren't they a glam rock band?


Because the Debut album was a great slab of 80's metal, plus '18 To Life'and 'I remember You' are 2 of the better ballads to come.out of that MTV era.
_________________
Ultraboris wrote:
dunno who the fuckhead is who gave the Master of Puppets a zero but damn I'd kick him in the jawnuts any day.

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 181
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:53 am 
 

Meat Loaf I’d do anything for love

Impressive
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:48 pm
Posts: 923
Location: Directly behind you
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:44 pm 
 

Been listening to “Face of Melinda” by Opeth quite a lot lately. “Harvest” is also one of my all-time favorites.
_________________
Nobody wrote:
I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter.

Top
 Profile  
TheUnhinged
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 379
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:11 am 
 

I haven’t been a fan of them for a long while, and I never really could get into anything beyond their second album, but by golly, Epica’s Solitary Ground remains one of the most gorgeous ballads I’ve ever heard, regardless of genre.

Top
 Profile  
BLMcommunist
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:29 am
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:37 am 
 

Edguys Land of the Miracle might be my favourite ballad, when all the instruments drop out and it's just all the band singing....wow

Top
 Profile  
Luvers
Writes generic (and possibly meandering) posts

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:34 pm
Posts: 448
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:54 am 
 

Judas Priest – Last Rose of Summer
Judas Priest – Before The Dawn
Axel Rudi Pell - When A Blind Man Cries
Axel Rudi Pell - Oceans Of Time
Axel Rudi Pell - All the Rest of My Life
Axel Rudi Pell - Like A Child Again.
U.D.O. - Azrael
Savatage – Out On the Streets
Savatage – Summer's Rain
Savatage – St. Patricks
Savatage – If I Go Away
Savatage – Exit Music
Savatage – Castle's Burning
Black Sabbath – Solitude
Black Sabbath – Changes
Black Sabbath – No Stranger To Love
Crimson Glory – Lost Reflection
Crimson Glory – Burning Bridges
Ozzy Osbourne – Revelation(Mother Earth)
Ozzy Osbourne – Killer Of Giants
Iron Maiden – Remember Tomorrow
Iron Maiden - Strange World
Scorpions – Holiday
Anathema - One Last Goodbye
WASP - Hold On To My Heart
WASP - Heaven's Hung In Black
Dokken - Alone Again
Don Dokken - A Thousand Miles Away
Don Dokken - When Love Finds A Fool
Michael Schenker Group — Never Ending Nightmare
Virgin Steele — Cry Forever
Metal Church – Watch the Children Pray
Slaughter — Breakdown 'n' Cry
Therion - The Siren of the Woods
Deep Purple – Child in Time
Led Zeppelin – Going To California
Death Angel — A Room with a View
Megadeth — In my Darkest Hour
Lizzy Borden – One False Move
Stormwind — River Of Love
King Kobra - Dancing With Desire
Warlock – Für Immer
_________________
[My Soundcloud || My Last.fm || Concerts I've Attended]

Top
 Profile  
Wahn_nhaW
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:34 pm
Posts: 534
Location: Serbia
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:59 am 
 

About SKid Row, sure they're a glam band. They're post-GNR, so the look is less peacock and more street rat, but that was par for the course for late 80s glam anyway. Ever seen photos of Junkyard? Whatever you want to call that style, soft/sleaze/glam/sweet/hair/pop metal, I've heard them all, they all apply, Skid Row was it. And get this, they were also a heavy metal band. These things are not mutually exclusive and I don't know why people can't get it into their heads. The same goes for WASP, Twisted Sister, '87 Whitesnake, Lizzy Borden, Motley Crue, '80s KISS... Glam metal is a variant of heavy metal. What's the big problem?

And since when is being from LA a requirement? Bon Jovi is from New Jersey (and absolutely helped Skid Row break through); Kick Axe and Pretty Boy Floyd are from Canada. Those are just two places mentioned here that are supposed to disqualify bands from being glam. What nonsense. You had glam bands all over the fucking planet. Quireboys? Dogs D'Amour? And before all of them, Hanoi Rocks, straight outta the sunny, palm tree-strewn Finland.
_________________
Just call me Wahn.

Top
 Profile  
e_ddi_e
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:00 am
Posts: 583
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:54 am 
 

Two Testament mentions, but not the song that is actually called "The Ballad"?

Top
 Profile  
Kalimata
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:29 am
Posts: 212
Location: France
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:53 pm 
 

Wardanz - Angel of Rebellion

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 181
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:54 pm 
 

Counting Crows Round Here

Not metal but one of best song of ‘90
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
AxeCapitol
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:38 pm
Posts: 393
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:16 pm 
 

Wahn_nhaW wrote:
About SKid Row, sure they're a glam band. They're post-GNR, so the look is less peacock and more street rat, but that was par for the course for late 80s glam anyway. Ever seen photos of Junkyard? Whatever you want to call that style, soft/sleaze/glam/sweet/hair/pop metal, I've heard them all, they all apply, Skid Row was it. And get this, they were also a heavy metal band. These things are not mutually exclusive and I don't know why people can't get it into their heads. The same goes for WASP, Twisted Sister, '87 Whitesnake, Lizzy Borden, Motley Crue, '80s KISS... Glam metal is a variant of heavy metal. What's the big problem?

And since when is being from LA a requirement? Bon Jovi is from New Jersey (and absolutely helped Skid Row break through); Kick Axe and Pretty Boy Floyd are from Canada. Those are just two places mentioned here that are supposed to disqualify bands from being glam. What nonsense. You had glam bands all over the fucking planet. Quireboys? Dogs D'Amour? And before all of them, Hanoi Rocks, straight outta the sunny, palm tree-strewn Finland.


Your life must be way boring. All that text to refute a stupid innocuous comment. Wow. Lol

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Caspian88, narsilianshard, therealvivs, Zelkiiro and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group