* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:28 pm 

EvergreenSherbert wrote:
The grindcore genre. Helllll yeah.

Right on, LOVE quality grindcore. Here are my Top 30 from the thread "Your Top 10 (or more) Grindcore albums" (February of this year). You might discover something you were unaware of (and the thread's worth checking out too).

Also, 2 of these (Takafumi Matsubara & Mortalized) count for my "best/favourite discovery of the last 12 months"

All right, carry on my wayward son (or daughter) :headbang:

30) GRIDLINK- Amber Gray
29) GRIDE- 1997-2009 - Antologie rychlosti terroru (Faster Than Death, Harder Than Life)
28) PIG DESTROYER- Phantom Limb
27) NASUM- Helvete
26) TAKAFUMI MATSUBARA- Strange, Beautiful and Fast

25) WORMROT- Voices
24) LOCK UP- Necropolis Transparent
23) MORTALIZED- 呪われた ...Complete Mortality
22) ENEMY SOIL- Smashes the State!
21) PIG DESTROYER- Book Burner

20) BRUTAL TRUTH- Need to Control
19) THE KILL- Kill Them... All
18) NASUM- Inhale/Exhale
17) ROTTEN SOUND- Murderworks
16) NAPALM DEATH- Time Waits for No Slave

15) WORMROT- Abuse
14) TERRORIZER- World Downfall
13) PIG DESTROYER- Terrifyer
12) BENIGHTED- Asylum Cave
11) CARCASS- Symphonies of Sickness

10) REPULSION- Horrified
9) INSECT WARFARE- World Extermination
8) GRIDLINK- Longhena
7) DISCORDANCE AXIS- Original Sound Version 1992-1995
6) BENIGHTED- Insane Cephalic Production

5) NASUM- Grind Finale
4) ROTTEN SOUND- Exit
3) NAPALM DEATH- From Enslavement to Obliteration
2) PIG DESTROYER- Prowler in the Yard
1) DISCORDANCE AXIS- The Inalienable Dreamless

Lee Harrison
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:56 am 

Aries,Karne and Ferriterium ( black metal bands from France)

Ebony Pendant black metal from USA

Vaino and Coraxul from Finland

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:38 am 

To add to my previous post. Light Field Reverie's debut, 'Another World', is criminally underrated.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

SquirrelHunt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:01 am 

Metal: Idol Throne. US power/thrash that's like Helstar/Destiny's End meets Bay Area thrash. I found them last bandcamp Friday and had the same excitement that I had about Magnabolt in 2019. Hyped for their debut full-length!

Non-metal: The Devil's Blood. All good stuff but The Time of No Time Evermore towers above the rest. 100% talent.

CoffeeCat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:33 am 

The one that comes to mind right now is probably Kaatayra. Such a unique sound, and one of the few atmospheric black metal bands that has been able to pull me into a state of peace and relaxation.

There's been a few other new-to-me bands I've enjoyed, such as Saor, Inferi, and Nachtmystium, but nothing that has become part of my usual rotation or binge sessions, though.

Krist4Lyne
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:40 am 

Numenor : serbian blackened power.
Mustan Kuun Lapset : finnish meloblack.

Forever Underground
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:32 pm 

Furia

Mostly I've been digging into their recent discography, I really like their experimentation and influences and their EP from last year is one of the best I've heard from 2021.

LilTito
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:38 pm 

Forever Underground wrote:
Furia

Mostly I've been digging into their recent discography, I really like their experimentation and influences and their EP from last year is one of the best I've heard from 2021.

God himself knows why Mgla is more popular than Furia...

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:49 pm 

Not metal but Master Musicians of Bukkake.
Eh Pop is meant for money garbage to be honest. You can really tell that the mainstream society are truly obsessed with it. They can really just love the very clean vocals and all the time they don't even use guitars.

kazhard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:20 pm 

Phurpa (non-Metal)

This is something else. I read an interview in Bardo Methodology #2 with the frontman in approximate English although very interesting. The fact that these guys can apparently chant like that for hours is stunning to me.

CreepingDeath16 wrote:
Go selectively fuck yourself in one strike.

Icon_of_Sin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:45 pm 

The band that immediately comes to mind is the black metal band Mavorim. Found them with their album "Axis Mundi", then went on to "Silent Leges Inter Arma" and finally ended up listening to and buying all the full lengths and EPs (and the demo "Heimkehr"). Absolutely kick-ass riffs and really tight guitar tone. One of my favorite newer black metal bands.

Lee Harrison
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:27 am 

Icon_of_Sin wrote:
The band that immediately comes to mind is the black metal band Mavorim. Found them with their album "Axis Mundi", then went on to "Silent Leges Inter Arma" and finally ended up listening to and buying all the full lengths and EPs (and the demo "Heimkehr"). Absolutely kick-ass riffs and really tight guitar tone. One of my favorite newer black metal bands.

Awesome band

You must give a try too with Eisenkult another project of Baptiste

Last edited by Lee Harrison on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeadKid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:37 am 

Aoratos for me. Only one album so far, but the atmosphere of the music hits a sweet spot for me that the members' similar projects don't.

I also enjoyed discovering:
- Bellzlleb. Some unusual and spooky stuff.
- Spiritus Mortis' album The God Behind the God. I enjoy that the vocals are a little awkward, but in a way that's charming rather than annoying. I'd heard a couple of tracks from an earlier release of theirs but they didn't catch my attention at the time.

luis_punisher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:15 am 

Revocation. Man those guys seriously kick ass.

Forever Underground
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:07 am 

I would also add Gnaw Their Tongues but above all De Magia Veterum, in everything I have heard of this project I have been fascinated by their creativity when composing and mixing sharp and raw guitars with keyboards with a personality of their own.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:43 pm 

Not a day goes by without discovering at least one killer band/album. Possibly the one that really blew me away the most is Critical Defiance 'Misconception', that whole Chilean death/thrash scene is just nuts, so many bands playing variations of the same style and they all fucking rule.

TheLoneForest wrote:
Boomerism off the mf charts

thewrll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:11 am 

My top why haven't I heard of them before is definitely White Ward.

AxeCapitol
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:22 am 

Doldrum. Occult horror themed US BM.

Wahn_nhaW
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:46 am 

Finally decided to play the Montrose debut. Non-archive band, but whatever. Awesome hard rock and I should have heard this earlier.

On a completely different front, Disharmonic Orchestra. Going through those "Death... is Just the Beginning" Nuclear Blast samplers and checking out a few bands here and there that I haven't heard before. Disharmonic Orchestra definitely stood out.

Not really a recent discovery as such, but something I've only been paying proper attention to this year, solo Bruce Dickinson. I like even the supposedly bad albums.

Another band I've been aware of for decades, but only recently played for the first time - Septic Flesh. Sweeeeet.

And, this year, I finally decided to give Monotheist one more chance, and what do you know, it worked this time. Always been a fan of Celtic Frost, but I hated the album the first few times I heard it.

Twilightkid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:10 am 

Amenra.

Always on my radar but never truly engulfed me.... Then something clicked, and I became obsessed....Not sure what did it, but I'm a loyal member of the 'Church of Ra' now....

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:02 pm 

Gemini 7 Rising wrote:
Right on, LOVE quality grindcore. Here are my Top 30 from the thread "Your Top 10 (or more) Grindcore albums" (February of this year). You might discover something you were unaware of (and the thread's worth checking out too).

Appreciate it!

luis_punisher wrote:
Revocation. Man those guys seriously kick ass.

Revocation is still one of my all time favorite bands, everything from Teratogenesis to The Outer Ones is awesome. I'm really looking forward to their next album this fall.

Twilightkid wrote:
Amenra.

Always on my radar but never truly engulfed me.... Then something clicked, and I became obsessed....Not sure what did it, but I'm a loyal member of the 'Church of Ra' now....

Oh right, I listened to De Doorn last year and I really enjoyed it. I guess I forgot to check out the rest of their music.

Twilightkid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:58 am 

thewrll wrote:
My top why haven't I heard of them before is definitely White Ward.

amazing amazing amazing band.

Forever Underground
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:02 am 

I have just listened to the White Ward album and I can only thank all of you who have mentioned it, amazing release.

Sathanas_BM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:50 am 

Down

I never was a Pantera fan throughout my metal development. Despite being into a lot of groove metal in my earliest days of starting to get into metal, and even growing up with a decent amount of Pantera being played on the radio/ by friends and family, their whole aesthetic and attitude never gelled well with me. However within the past year or so I’ve been flirting with their discography, and although still not my favorite thing in the world, I’ve come to have quite the admiration for Phil’s vocals, especially on The Great Southern Trendkill.

So within this past month, for whatever reason I thought I’d throw on some Down. I’m not the biggest fan of southern influences in metal, so I always kind of avoided listening to this band. But after listening to NOLA, I was surprised to find that I not only really liked it… but I actually kind of absolutely love it. Temptation’s Wings -> Lifer -> Pillars Of Eternity is a fucking powerhouse of a way to open an album. Losing All and Bury Me In Smoke are some other favorites of mine as of now. But damn, Phil is electric on this album. Pretty much the pinnacle of not only his gruffer, more soulful singing voice, but I’d also say it’s the best his screams have ever sounded. There’s already so much to love here in terms of the riffs and memorable songwriting, but Phil’s screams such as in the end of Temptation’s Wings or in the middle of Lifer are what push this over the edge into “love” territory for me.

thepoopsmithmaster wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Are you that dense?
Define dense.

299796kms
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:55 pm 

Blood Ceremony. Sabbath + Tull. Inject this into my veins

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2