Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AJManiac666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:20 pm 

This band really came to curiosity on my mind. It appears that this band was formed in California (Same where Metal Church was located) and the sound from theirs have been compared to Metal Church's very interesting. Wonder what sources can be found to listen to.

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sl ... 3540305712

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:22 pm 

Sounds like it could've just been a bunch of dudes who recorded a jam once and that was it.

MetlaNZ
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:22 pm 

Looking at the band page makes ya wonder how it's even on the archives. No real info at all.

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:57 am 

MetlaNZ wrote:
Looking at the band page makes ya wonder how it's even on the archives. No real info at all.

ive always wondered how bands like this get into the Archives. were they mentioned by a 3rd party source or something?

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:50 am 

Interesting. I wonder if it would be possible to track this demo down somehow.

Type VIIC
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:46 pm 

Thought this was gonna be about (David) Wayne's awesome 2001 album "Metal Church".

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:28 pm 

MetlaNZ wrote:

Yeah, every once in a while I come across these types of bands where there's nothing listed - No members, no real discography with track listing or covers or anything. You'd think that, given the sites current criteria, they shouldn't be accepted.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:31 pm 

Let me direct to you to the proper part of the forum when you encounter bands that do not seem to be quite up to par AND have not been recently edited by a mod: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65721&start=6080

Considering Slaughterhouse has been recently looked and updated by Kingspooky, who is one of the resident experts on researching old bands such as this, I have no doubt that the proper measures are or have been taken to ensure that the band is actually legit and should the need arise, it will be removed.

Vadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:26 am 

Zerberus wrote:
MetlaNZ wrote:

Yeah, every once in a while I come across these types of bands where there's nothing listed - No members, no real discography with track listing or covers or anything. You'd think that, given the sites current criteria, they shouldn't be accepted.

From what I've read: old bands that only produced a demo or two like this are allowed so long as there's some proof they existed, such as a review in a magazine, since finding actual copies of their work is pretty much impossible. But a band from today will only be allowed if there's a way to actually acquire and listen to their music (such as bandcamp or a site where you can buy a physical copy).

Reply to topic