Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 pm 

What is your favorite band or bands? Have one? Good.... Now shit on them. Ok, it doesn't have to be that harsh, but give one piece of valid criticism or a single complaint.

I'll start - I absolutely love Type O Negative. I think they are near flawless, but if I am forced to play my own stupid game I would say that there's a tremendous missed opportunity throughout their discography by not having more solos. Kenny Hickey isn't a particularly overly impressive technical guitarist but the few solos that exist in some Type O songs are generally pretty tasteful, have an excellent feel and sense of melody. Hickey could really play an impactful and moody solo and I really wish he did it more. Also, some of the few key solos were amazing - the keyboard solo in September Sun has got to me one of my favorite moments from Type O in general. Only wish they were incorporated more frequently....

Opus
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:45 pm 

Morgana Lefay are a bunch of alcoholics that keep breaking up.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:04 pm 

for the last 25 years, Metallica takes too long to release new music.

Hexenmacht46290
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:17 pm 

High on Fire is one of my favorite bands. An excellent band, but the lyrics aren’t that good. They get repetitive, and verses are usually repeated. Not really a problem, because the music is interesting enough. But it gets worse, once you decipher the words. The Robert E. Howard and H.P. Lovecraft stuff is good, the generic mythology is good. But then you realize that the generic mythology is drifting towards ancient astronauts, and eventually you get into “Illuminati” crap, about the reptilian shapeshifters.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:19 pm 

Black Sabbath:

The Devil You Know was a horrible send off for the Dio fronted incarnation.

13 was a horrible send off for both the Ozzy fronted incarnation and the band as a whole (also no Bill, womp womp)

The fact we only got three Dio fronted albums between the years of 1980-2008 is a horrible abomination upon the Earth. Not helped by the mediocrity of the 4th that ended up being the defacto final since Dio's death.

The intro to When Death Calls.... so what I've been told, that's harmonics being played on the bass..... well whatever they are they give strong Here I Go Again intro keyboards vibes.

Black Sabbath circa 1970: OMFG YES ALL THE BLUES METAL GREATNESS. Black Sabbath circa 1971-2017: WHERE THE FUCK DID ALL THE BLUESY GREATNESS GO???? And fuck Damaged Soul, I wanted Warning Part 2.

I will never understand why I am seem to the only one in the history of time upset by the this, but WHY THE FUCK DOES FX EXIST?????? I don't think I'll ever be convinced a good band put out a more worthless piece of shit track than FX. Apparently the producer and all the label execs where on just as much cocaine as the band were to leave that on the final cut.

Hey, uh, whatever happened with that Tony Martin era remasters box set we were promised was coming out this year? Put back on the back burner indefinitely yet again?

So what's the reason Bill didn't play on 13? We all know why he couldn't be part of the tour, but why should that interfere with him BEING ON THE FUCKING ORIGINAL LINEUP REUNION THIS IS IT WE'RE ARE NEVER MAKING ANOTHER ALMBUM EVER AGAIN, EVER, ALBUM?

Way to keep Geoff Nichols from actually being productive in Quartz for decades, guys. Really appreciate it.

Why the fuck did you feel obligated to copy Zep's Moby Dick? 99 times out of 100 drum solos on recorded works SUCK.

I love Fairies Wear Boots to death, and I know it was written as a reaction to having a confrontation with some skinheads... BUT WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS THIS SONG EVEN ABOUT????? Geezer can make songs about being coked up and songs about jacking off to be very eloquent and poetic, yet a confrontation with skinheads turns into this gobbledy-gook.

The liner notes to Born Again insist that Tony plays the flute on this album. Bullshit. There is no flute anywhere on this album played by Tony or anyone else. And then the flute Tony actually very clearly plays on Planet Caravan and Solitude goes uncredited. Sigh....

"I was born without you baby" Really, Ozzy? Really?

I feel like if the intro to Sleeping Village was turned into a full fledged song it would be like Planet Caravan except 1000x better than Planet Caravan. I already love Planet Caravan, but there is just really something special about the beginning of Sleeping Village, and its potential is wasted.

You band Behind the Wall of Sleep and N.I.B. together for whatever reason, but you can't band together Odin's Court and Valhalla? Come on.

E5150 Really feels out of place on Mob Rules.... it was used as the opener on Live Evil and I think it works way better that way as a mood setter, rather than just shoved into the middle.

Megalomania is ruined by that I LIKE I LIKE I LIKE I LIKE / OBSESSED OBSESSED OBSESSED OBSESSED crap..... Listen to any live version and it is infinitely more effective without that copy and paste crap. Whoever decided to leave that on the final cut sucks.

What is with that southern rock riff on Rock and Roll Doctor? If you're gonna channel Skynyrd, don't channel Gimme Three Steps, channel FREEBIRD.

Alright I think I'm done.

~Guest 1452000
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:22 pm 

I would say Black Sabbath is my favorite metal band.

They should have changed names after Born Again. I accept that album, along with H&H and Mob Rules, but everything after that should have been under a different name. It tarnishes the Black Sabbath name.

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
Megalomania is ruined by that I LIKE I LIKE I LIKE I LIKE / OBSESSED OBSESSED OBSESSED OBSESSED crap

It's "I hide." You don't even know the lyrics :lol:

yungstirjoey666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:26 pm 

Iron Maiden: too much E minor; give us more Eb tuning songs!

Avantasia: It's hard to decipher the lyrics and determine the plot

Leet_Speaker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:34 pm 

As much as I love Megadeth, you can really feel that in alot of their music, Dave was really jealous about being #2 all the time. Countdown to Extinction and Youthanasia were direct responses to Metallica moving in a more commercial direction.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:37 pm 

Iron Maiden: Too long and pedestrian songs filling the albums since 2010.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:37 pm 

Spiral Architect wrote:
I would say Black Sabbath is my favorite metal band.

They should have changed names after Born Again. I accept that album, along with H&H and Mob Rules, but everything after that should have been under a different name. It tarnishes the Black Sabbath name.

Fun Fact: Once Tony and Dio got together their intention was always to call the band Heaven and Hell, but the label was like, "Nope. It's Black Sabbath."

Quote:
It's "I hide." You don't even know the lyrics :lol:

Oh man, you don't know the half of it. When I was really getting into Sabbath official lyrics weren't easily available. And I've always been horrible at deciphering lyrics, regardless of the artist, but Sabbath was a huge one I had trouble deciphering. You know the part of Johnny Blade where he goes, "Society's own child"? Before i found the lyrics I could not for the fucking life of me figure out what he was saying. Every single time I heard that line, my ears heard this nonsense: "Suh-sye-ed his own child." Suh-sye-ed? What the fuck is that? Nothing, but until I read the lyrics I just absolutely could not hear that line as anything but that specific nonsense.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:46 pm 

Fear Factory: can't get their shit together and stop infighting even after the last 20 years

~Guest 1452000
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:56 pm 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
Fun Fact: Once Tony and Dio got together their intention was always to call the band Heaven and Hell, but the label was like, "Nope. It's Black Sabbath."

That would have been fine with me, as well. It sounds like an entirely different band! But those albums are incredible so I'll gladly call them true Sabbath albums :lol:

Cosmic_Equilibrium
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:12 pm 

Metallica - hmm, where to start? Lars Ulrich. St. Anger. The fact that there were better bassists who could have replaced Newsted than Trujillo (who is good but not the right fit musically), but they went with someone who wouldn't rock the boat. The lack of any real creative pushing the envelope post Newsted's departure, apart from the experiment of Lulu. The noticeable drop in live intensity post Newsted's departure. Not recognising that Newsted was the most dedicated member of the band - their biggest asset and the cornerstone of their live performances - but instead ostracising him, not allowing him to properly contribute to the songwriting process, and eventually pushing him to quit. I could go on. Oh, and playing only half of the song Master Of Puppets during their live shows in the 90s. What the heck was that all about? Either play the whole song or don't bother, anything else is a breach of an artist's responsibility to their fans IMO.

Judas Priest - despite having conquered North America with their own sound and on their own terms (no mean feat for a British band), they decided that wasn't enough and dropped an absolute stylistic and musical clanger in 1986 by trying to copy Def Leppard.

- For much of the 1980s a JP 'world tour' basically consisted of North America and maybe Japan, with a small Euro leg here and there, and British dates? Not on the agenda, it seems.

- Writing songs with Stock Aitken and Waterman.

- Going on hiatus for much of the 90s due to Halford leaving at a time when metal probably needed them to continue to support the genre.

- Not acknowledging the Owens era properly (though I accept Halford might have issues doing that material, and he didn't contribute to its writing process).

Iron Maiden - Have a very odd habit whereby if they don't play a song from the tour for the album it's from, it's never played subsequently. This means some classics have gone unplayed over the years.

- Please a) reissue Donington 1992 on DVD, and b) reissue the CD with the VHS mix on it instead. The performance is great but the CD sounds like mud with the bass swamping the guitars.

- AMOLAD was the perfect capstone for their career, in terms of studio albums. They still have it live, but TFF was a comedown of sorts, and TBOS was definitely one album too many.

Rainbow - Dio era = excellent hard rock, Bonnet era = good hard rock/pop rock, JLT era = crappy pop rock music. And on
that note....

Deep Purple - I seriously don't know what Blackmore was thinking when he replaced Gillan with Joe Lynn Turner in 1991. Was he bored? Perhaps he just wanted a singer he could control. He seemed to almost revel in what followed. The resulting album was lightweight pop rock, but the real low point was the tour. Check out any live footage of the Mark V era on Youtube, it's absolutely atrocious. JLT was a smooth pop singer, but he tries to copy Gillan and be a tough hard rock frontman, and he fails so totally and utterly - it's truly abysmal stuff. The rest of the band are hiding behind their instruments, and Blackmore is almost laughing at the whole spectacle. I'm convinced that this tour totally did for their reputation in the US - they went out with Winger and Vixen as support (in 1991....) and had to cancel halfway through. The record company basically had to order them to get Gillan back in to save the band.

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:42 pm 

Signs of the Swarm - Tons of line up changes. Love all their music but it’s crazy the turnover they have. Love the line up they have now so hopefully they keep this group together for years to come.

Suffocation - The production on Breeding the Spawn, I feel it’s their best album but it sure would be nice had they had better production the demo of “Prelude to Repulsion” on the at deaths dope comp sounded great would have loved to hear the whole album like that. Also Ricky Myers seems like a great fit bit the loss of Cerrito, Mullens and Smith is very noticeable.

Morbid Angel - Illud as well as they tend to be alittle to experimental sometimes.

Exhumed - To big of a band to still be messing around with splits, just give us full lengths plus nercocracy was less than impressive.

Decrepit Birth - Needs to be more active, got alittle bit too melodic on the middle two albums.

Whitechapel - Prefer the much heavier more death metal influenced first 3 albums as opposed to the newer sound.

Hmm, kinda seems like I’m not a big fan after reading this but I promise I listen to all these bands very regularly. I mean Morbid Angel was 90% of my listening in my early teens, still classic.

klaar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:52 pm 

Opeth: We got it Mikael. You can be Prog as fuck, ok. And I'm pretty sure your 70's obscure prog collection is amazing, yes. But c'mon, you NEED to write another album with the Opeth signature sound we all love. Please.

Behemoth: Nergal, remember when you gave the world Demigod - The Apostasy - Evangelion? We want THAT. Remember, you have Inferno on drums. Make that man work, bring back that fucking brutal sound

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:32 pm 

HammerFall: Lyrics have never been a high point for the band, but I've still always enjoyed them until Built to Last. Starting on that album, they totally gave up on writing lyrics and just started throwing cliches together.

Another annoying thing: you can hear Joacim breathe before every line on Glory to the Brave. It doesn't bother me as much as it probably should, but I think I'm just blinded by my love of the band.

joppek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:38 am 

bolt thrower: releasing an album without karl on vocals... that's about it... oh, and it sucks that kiddie died, but not exactly their fault

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:53 am 

Great thread!

Symphony X
Love all their albums (even the debut), but lord the guitar tone on all albums up until Paradise Lost (maaaybe Odyssey) was ass and does a major disservice to Romeo's genius playing and writing.

Manowar
Stop writing checks you can't cash. Instead of talking about and promising all kinds of weird concept albums and projects, just fucking make the music. Even if it will inevitably suck.
Also get Ross the Boss back.

Bolt Thrower
Get back together and go on tour.

joppek wrote:
bolt thrower: releasing an album without karl on vocals... that's about it... oh, and it sucks that kiddie died, but not exactly their fault

They did... Twice. And both those albums are widely considered to be their "least good"

kovner1972
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:21 am 

Atrocity; you had an amazing 7" with the best grindcore ever called Blue Blood; you had the beyond amazing, ahead-of-its-time, forward thinking, technical and brutal perfection called Hallucinations; you had a sophomore album that it so good, so versatile, with the best drumming EVER called Longing For Death; only to release your godawful Blut, which is definitely your very career's nadir and a fucking blow to your fans. I'll never forgive you.

Same goes for Sabbat (UK).

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:55 am 

Let's see...

Children of Bodom
I feel like some of the later material downplayed the keyboards somewhat, which made the music less atmospheric.

Edguy
Since Sascha became producer, the albums started to sound too similar too each other and felt less unique. You can throw Avantasia into the mix here as well, as there's the same issue there.

Fear Factory
I haven't been a big fan of the guitar tone since Dino came back. It sounds heavy because it's a 7 (or maybe 8) string guitar, but it has a djenty, springy (for lack of a better term) quality that I dislike. I also miss Raymond's drumming - I don't think anyone since has been able to replicate the subtleties and feel of his playing.

Iron Maiden
Too many soft intros / outros in newer material. Well, I can live with the intros, but the outros are needless. Also, they need to play Rainmaker again.

Kreator
Stale, predictable setlists.

Metallica
They have an issue with self editing. It went as far back as their classic 80s material (eg The Call of Ktulu, Disposable Heroes are overlong), and then they started putting out 70+ minute albums when CDs became the popular medium.

Morn Of Solace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:13 am 

Sigh: I wish they didn't fire Shinichi. I don't know the circumstances but their music has suffered way too much

Bathory: Too much mystery and bullshit, too weird high and lows. One of the genre's true geniuses and we can only speculate about him.

Abbath: get back Ice Dale and reform I. That lone album was the best of you career

Solefald: those guys are too good to not make another album

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:33 am 

John Haughm's clean vocals are EXTREMELY nasally and unpleasant, and Agalloch would've been better off with a different, better singer in his place instead.

kovner1972
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:36 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:

I lost them after their 3rd album I think; too characterless and bland...

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:43 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:

Bathory: Too much mystery and bullshit, too weird high and lows. One of the genre's true geniuses and we can only speculate about him.

Absolutely agree with this.

klaar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:54 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
Sigh: I wish they didn't fire Shinichi. I don't know the circumstances but their music has suffered way too much

Abbath: get back Ice Dale and reform I. That lone album was the best of you career

Another "I" album would be great.

I didnt understand what you said about Bathory. ''We can only speculate about him" ? Im curious now, what do you mean?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:22 am 

In Flames - Everything they've done in the last 20 years is bad.

Morbid Angel - They only played the safe death metal tracks live after releasing Illud Divinum Insanus.

Burzum - Oh, you know... :lol:

Ace_Rimmer
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:29 am 

I'm not sure who my favorite metal band is anymore. Lets go with Maiden since they would have taken the top spot for a fair bit of my life.

They haven't put out a great album since 1988. Some good ones yes, but a lot of boring records and a couple that were just bad.

Rico McPato
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:32 am 

Maiden

So many great songs that have been forgotten and absent from their setlist for decades..Killers, Purgatory, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Still Life, To Tame a Land, Infinite Dreams, Stranger in a Strange Land, Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of Madness, No Prayer for the Dying, Tailgunner, etc. Plus the strange already mentioned quirk of never playing songs that were not played on the original album tour. All the nostalgia tours could've been so much more interesting if they had been a little more adventurous in their setlist choices.

I don't dislike the long songs but yeah, they could use a lot of editing. And they have completely lost the ability of (or interest in) writing good short, faster songs, which is a pity as they would make the albums more interesting. The "fun" element in Maiden has been missing for a long, long time.

Last edited by Rico McPato on Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:38 am 

Dark Tranquillity - They forgot how to make a song
In Flames - They forgot how to play
Moonspell - They dont know where to go
Amorphis - They are lost in the same song pattern
Hypocrisy - No more aliens
Katatonia - No more guitars

Benedict Donald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:21 am 

Maiden
My only complaint is the lack of variety in their set lists, specifically regarding their 80s material. Otherwise, they're currently everything, and more, than I can hope for from a fav band.

My Dying Bride
Minor complaint, as I generally love everything they've done, but it would be cool to see them rekindle the element of "prog" that characterized "Swans" and "Angel" in the 90s. Not "prog" in the Dream Theater sense, but those albums were progressive in the sense that they were truly avant garde and utterly unique.

Led Zeppelin
It would have been great to have witnessed a full-fledged reunion in 07-08, which was probably the final opportunity for it. On the other hand, they've not watered down their legacy by subsequent decades of lackluster tours or new albums.

Priest
I completely accept a band's desire to keep going and make a living, but hire someone who can actually write interesting songs. Their last two albums have been shockingly generic and uninspired.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:36 am 

Mary's Blood peaked with their first two albums, and they had the nerve to break up after releasing their worst album. :[
Currently seeking a way to make money off of these things...

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:49 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Burzum - Oh, you know... :lol:

Same here. Also...

Cannibal Corpse - They're kind of losing their stem for the last two albums.

At the Gates - Tomas Lindberg's vocals on the latest albums are taking down the overall quality of them a lot.

Iron Maiden - I'm starting to find their last two albums boring. Plus, some of their live setlists can be poor at times.

Judas Priest - One word: Turbo.

Simfers
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:31 pm 

Gamma Ray. I loved Empire of the Undead, but that was 8 years ago now, come on, release something already, please!

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:49 pm 

jimbies wrote:

Back when the Hardwired album came out, Hetfield had said in an interview that he was confident that the next album wouldn't take another 8 years to be released like the wait from Death Magnetic to Hardwired. Well... it's already been 6 years and all they're doing now is touring-touring-touring, which is all they seem to want to do. There was some talk about them writing new music during the pandemic, but it seems like that's taken a backseat to endless touring since venues have opened back up. Who knows how far along they are to having an album's worth of new songs at this point. It could still be years before they even think to go into a studio.

HeavenDuff
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:50 pm 

Good thread idea! I'll start with my favorite bands, and see if anything else comes to mind.

Bolt Thrower have a near flawless discography, and no bad album. But I wish they would make the Willets versions of Honour - Valour - Pride available in a more official format. No disrespect for Ingram, but Willets truly is the voice of Bolt Thrower. BT were also terrible when it comes to making their merch available. Nowadays, they don't even have new official merch. So any of their official merch is extremely expensive. Yet, they discourage people from buying such expensive merch. Make new official merch then! Oh, and stop teasing that there is something coming if you don't plan on actually following up with it. It's just plain cruel :'(

Agalloch. I love everything they ever did. Not a blimp on their entire discography. But I hate how they parted ways. Such a stupid way to end one of the best metal bands of all time. It also sucks that the band has not reformed since John and Don have made up and become friends again. They wouldn't even need to reform with the full line-up. But John actually encouraged the guys to reform without him and suggested Austin Lunn could replace him. And damn, I would love to hear that! Plus, the post-Agalloch material of the other guys Khorada, Pillorian, Sculptured, John Haughm's solo material, etc. it's all good, but it's not Agalloch good. I want some new Agalloch!

Ulver. Another band I love for their entire discography. I don't minde the massive stylistic change and the way Garm has been exploring a lot of various influences and subgenres. And I really don't have much of a complain about the band or Garm nowadays, but for a while he used to have this kind of weird disdain for the metal era of Ulver. No idea why. But it was annoying, and he wouldn't reissue kvlt era merch. But he's come around since. Oh, and more of a desire then a real complaint. I really wish Ulver would play some black metal gigs sometimes. I know they aren't a black metal band anymore, but it would be great to have them play this material on occasions.

Blood Red Throne. Again, a band I love deeply and that still releases killer album after killer album. One minor issue I have with the band is that, well, it's not really a band as much as it is Død's project, for which he hires guys to play whatever he writes. In the past, he's let some great musicians go, and it kind of sucks. But the music is still truly amazing, so that's not a major issue by any means. Just a tiny detail that annoys me. But if it works for the band, it's okay.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:21 pm 

Evoken wrote:
jimbies wrote:

Back when the Hardwired album came out, Hetfield had said in an interview that he was confident that the next album wouldn't take another 8 years to be released like the wait from Death Magnetic to Hardwired. Well... it's already been 6 years

Currently seeking a way to make money off of these things...

HeavenDuff
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:27 pm 

Holy shit! Hardwired came out in 2016! Damn...

Benedict Donald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:45 pm 

Paradise Lost
Let's cease the dull attempts to relive the doom-death early years, and get back to writing some interesting music! "Faith Divides Us" and "Tragic Idol" were their best since Draconian Times by a wide margin, IMO.

Enslaved
You've never made a bad record. Your later-years prog era has been excellent, BUT the music no longer warrants the use of Grutle's black metal vocals. It simply doesn't fit anymore and feels shoe-horned in. It's time to let it go. Be the prog band you so desperately want to be and truly fulfill your immense potential.

Forever Underground
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:57 pm 

Nokturnal Mortum: Apart from the obvious, I think that since the departure of Satorius they have lost the direction of their music, "Verity" to my taste is an album that drinks too much from the style of Moonsorrow and shows a route too continuist with respect to what The Voice of Steel meant and is a band in which I always expect innovation, that's why I was so cold when I found out that they were going to release an album redoing the songs of Lunar Poetry.

Vital Remains: Tony is a fuck up for not wanting to release any material since the departure of Dave Suzuki, I understand it was his style on guitar and drums that made Vital Remains gain so much popularity in the first decade of the 2000's, but the work prior to this without Dave and Glen was already spectacular, and in my opinion much better than Dechristianize and Icons of Evil but they seem to have forgotten that those albums exist, which sucks.

Nagelfar: Their first demo is insufferable, Virus West would have been better with Jander on the vocals, they are idiots for not considering Srontgorrth an album and their farewell EP is impossible to find anywhere and I hate them for it.

Judas Priest: Turbo, I can't stand that album considering I like Demolition, Point of Entry and Nostradamus.

Teitanblood: I don't know much about them as people and everything they have done seems incredible to me, I guess they set the bar so high with "Death" that now every time I listen to a war metal album I think "fuck this is so shitty and I could be listening to Death again".

HeavenDuff
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:17 pm 

Forever Underground wrote:
Teitanblood: I don't know much about them as people and everything they have done seems incredible to me, I guess they set the bar so high with "Death" that now every time I listen to a war metal album I think "fuck this is so shitty and I could be listening to Death again".

"You guys are too good, you've ruined war metal for me!"

Sounds fair :lol:

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next