Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:20 pm 

Space_alligator wrote:
Funny how the tune is different for this bloke, compared to Marilyn Manson...amazing how genre association and acceptance within the scene can change opinions

That kind of thinking makes zero sense whatsoever. What music genre a person is associated with doesn't matter. If someone is found to be an abusive asshole, then everyone needs to be condemning that guy.

Maggot penetration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:11 pm 

Luckily don’t know these people, so no idea if their metal or relationships are any good.

EndorphinMachine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:15 pm 

Is there a DIRECT link in ownership between the Horvals and Shadow Kingdom? Or is it 'just' that they're geography close and thus do some business together.

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:22 pm 

EndorphinMachine wrote:
Is there a DIRECT link in ownership between the Horvals and Shadow Kingdom? Or is it 'just' that they're geography close and thus do some business together.

Pretty sure they share the same warehouse, and HHB fulfills and ships all their orders. I know Tim (the founder of Shadow Kingdom Records) is separate from HHB, but they're definitely extremely close business partners.

Gameofmetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:57 pm 

Response videos titled shit like "wild and slanderous hells headbangers accusations addressed with straight facts by J-dawg" and "SLOPPY HIT JOB on hell's headbangers destroyed by arrest report of UNWELL accuser" are not filling me with certainty that this guy is innocent tbh.

In fact I'm even more certain he's an abuser and a particularly shameless one.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:59 am 

Any recent updates on this situation?

I had to quit watching his videos because it got really nauseating to hear him constantly saying “if you don’t like this band your a poser” ,the endless body shaming of people, and the constant pantera attacking. Yes granted I’m not the biggest pantera fan but cmon now.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:25 am 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
Any recent updates on this situation?

I had to quit watching his videos because it got really nauseating to hear him constantly saying “if you don’t like this band your a poser” ,the endless body shaming of people, and the constant pantera attacking. Yes granted I’m not the biggest pantera fan but cmon now.

I'm not aware of any updates at the moment, but from the looks of things, it seems like they're trying to move on from it.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:38 am 

Justin is basically the average user here 15-20 years ago.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:43 pm 

Man, I'm not even all that familiar with HH or Eric Horval, but man, him and his associates are not giving off the vibe of someone who is not guilty. If anything, his whole persona already gave the vibe of an abusive asshole before, and the way they've handled this, just makes it even more obvious that these accusations are most likely well founded.

Crossover_Kid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:58 pm 

Justin's YouTube video titles sure are something, Such as "Yeah no gay keyboards in deathmetal. milk milk milk ahhh sh!t orange juice", "Korn and homeboy Slipknot do not equate to Cannibal Corpse or Deicide Motherfukker!!!." and "Thrash N Speed make the poser ear drums bleed. Danish thrash that the metalcore queers don't know."

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:49 pm 

Yeah, like I said, the guy looks like a bigoted hateful piece of shit. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he abused people in his day-to-day life.

controlledbleeding
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:50 pm 

Shitty YT titles = abuser?

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:58 pm 

HeavenDuff wrote:
Yeah, like I said, the guy looks like a bigoted hateful piece of shit. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he abused people in his day-to-day life.

Do we really need to go the character assassination route?

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:36 pm 

I made the mistake of watching a couple of those "J-dawg" videos awhile back...he's a total goober, moreover he's a perfect example of what I call a "metal manchild". Not getting into edgelord stuff - didn't see any of that, just his views on metal & life in general seem so childish and sophomoric. It's like he never matured beyond high school, still bothered by the same stupid shit I worried about when I was 15 ("why doesn't Tony Iommi like death metal????" and "How DARE that Slipknot fan compliment by Cannibal Corpse shirt!!!!") He also seemed really unprofessional, whining that a guy that played in a band 20-30 years ago is an idiot for not having demos, show fliers, rare pics, etc. on hand for his reissue saying "HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE THIS". Granted, I guess I'm expecting too much from a guy who willingly goes by "J-dawg" :lol:.

Another problem is that Youtube's algorithm recommends them NONSTOP. I watched like 2 or 3 videos and for the next 6 months I had 4 or 5 in my recommended feed EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. despite me hitting "not interested" every time I saw one.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:55 pm 

controlledbleeding wrote:
Shitty YT titles = abuser?

This and all the other stuff. Are you not reading the thread?

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
HeavenDuff wrote:

Do we really need to go the character assassination route?

So the guy is using homophobic and anti-lgbt slur on a day-to-day basis and reacting extremely poorly and with violent discourse to very serious accusations and I'm the one who is in the wrong for doing a "character assassination" by pointing out that he's hateful and bigoted, as well as being a bully, and who is also showing very clear signs of being an abusive person? Am I reading you right?

Edit: Although Justin is using homophobic slurs, being a bully and defending his abusive brother aggressively, it doesn't mean he is himself an abuser. Sorry if I misspoke here.

Last edited by HeavenDuff on Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:31 pm 

I might have a bit more background information there. I used to watch some of their shows with Justin and Craig, it was quite a repository of extreme metal information and discussion, if rather stubborn and elitist a bit often (but then, so is this forum). I don't know him personally, and he does tend to come off as a troglodyte, but mostly in a steeped in 90s/00s metal culture and stuck there way. In one of their videos he had said that he doesn't really spend much time online anymore (though that appears to be changing with his channel), which might partially explain why his terminology at times is the way it is. The way he talks is just weirdly reminiscent of how a bunch of our own reviews used to be like, it's almost a time capsule. I don't condone that sort of language myself and agree that he's handling this poorly, but he's not the one that's being accused of doing anything. But you're implying that he might be, which I think is going too far. I just think we're too quick in modern times to crucify people in situations we have incomplete information on, especially ones tangential to the situation. Criticizing the language is fair, that's on Justin, but the other inference is a bit much unless there's information I'm overlooking.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:52 am 

What exactly are the "clear signs" that Justin is an abusive person? The only abuse allegations I've seen in this thread or elsewhere are about his brother Eric. Justin certainly says some cringeworthy things on YouTube, and, as stated above, you can certainly criticize him for that. But to suggest that he's likely an abusive person because of the way he defended his brother on YouTube, or the fact that he uses words like "gay" to describe things he doesn't like, is quite a leap, to say the least.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:16 am 

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
I might have a bit more background information there. I used to watch some of their shows with Justin and Craig, it was quite a repository of extreme metal information and discussion, if rather stubborn and elitist a bit often (but then, so is this forum). I don't know him personally, and he does tend to come off as a troglodyte, but mostly in a steeped in 90s/00s metal culture and stuck there way. In one of their videos he had said that he doesn't really spend much time online anymore (though that appears to be changing with his channel), which might partially explain why his terminology at times is the way it is. The way he talks is just weirdly reminiscent of how a bunch of our own reviews used to be like, it's almost a time capsule. I don't condone that sort of language myself and agree that he's handling this poorly, but he's not the one that's being accused of doing anything. But you're implying that he might be, which I think is going too far. I just think we're too quick in modern times to crucify people in situations we have incomplete information on, especially ones tangential to the situation. Criticizing the language is fair, that's on Justin, but the other inference is a bit much unless there's information I'm overlooking.

No, I guess I misspoke. The guy making the videos is not the one who is being accused of these acts. He looks and sounds like a douche, but he's not the one who is being accused, although he seems very confident that his bro is not guilty of anything.

Sorry for the confusion.

Lordofthetokes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:33 pm 

Did anything ever come of this besides an accusation?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2