Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:51 pm 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
Another one from the FB post - this made me howl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
That's awesome does this mean jari will go back on guitar so that we don't have to continue to watch him act like a big fucking Goofy on stage because he doesn't know what to do with his hands.
He runs around on stage with his arms up as if he is the abominable Snow monster of the North from the 1964 stop motion film Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer.

On a side note, Asim leaving the band like this - when he was a session guy - makes me wonder if Wintersun really is low-key becoming a cult of its members? Like is Kai even gonna come back?

Kai is drumming for Nightwish these days. I'm assuming he makes a hell of a lot more with them than Wintersun, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he just sticks with them.

Anyway, for anyone that somehow doesn't know... if you donate to any of this man's crowdfunding campaigns, you're donating to a narcissistic con artist.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 1:23 am 

How can they perform at some festivals, for example, when there's no way to make the band sound perfect? They should only tour the best concert houses in the world, huh?!

I guess they need to sacrifice something and show they are active as fuck. And J can also be narcissistic in the front of his crowds.

Gunslinger21
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:10 am 

You can make amazing sounding music with some pretty mid priced gear / vsts these days. Where is all the money going?

FatTheGates
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:15 am 

Curious_dead wrote:
Hey I was thinking about them this morning.

Just checked, they now have 182 people contributing 17$ monthly. That's 775$ monthly per band member (less than that because I assume taxes and Pateron cuts), not enough to live on, but I wouldn't say no to that extra cash... But all things considered, that's a small cult.

Right now the Patreon monthly fee is €10 per month (did they drop the price?) and subscribers are now 172, so in the past few weeks a few more people apparently got fed up.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:20 pm 

LycanthropeMoon wrote:
FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
Another one from the FB post - this made me howl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
That's awesome does this mean jari will go back on guitar so that we don't have to continue to watch him act like a big fucking Goofy on stage because he doesn't know what to do with his hands.
He runs around on stage with his arms up as if he is the abominable Snow monster of the North from the 1964 stop motion film Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer.

On a side note, Asim leaving the band like this - when he was a session guy - makes me wonder if Wintersun really is low-key becoming a cult of its members? Like is Kai even gonna come back?

Kai is drumming for Nightwish these days. I'm assuming he makes a hell of a lot more with them than Wintersun, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he just sticks with them.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised either. More money and popularity, with less media circus and overall fuckery. If he never went back, I wouldn't blame him.

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:56 pm 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
Deathdoom1992 wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:
The question remains: will this be an excuse to push further back the elusive new album?

Pretty sure the guy who just got let go was a live guitarist only, so Jari is still handling all the studio guitars, so in theory this should have no effect. Whether that'll actually stop them from using it as an excuse though is quite another matter.

"When we put out our new album, we'll have to tour RIGHT AWAY and it's so complex that our new live guitarist will need to spend years learning it - so it will come out in 2030."

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they did exactly this.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:44 pm 

If that means they stop with their stupid podcast, then yes.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:14 am 

From their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wintersun/post ... 7862068972

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE

Album 1 60% done (currently working on)
Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

MERCH AND MUSIC:
(redacted for link spam)

Oh goody, I can't wait to put these albums right up on the fridge.

akb88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:32 am 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE

Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

MERCH AND MUSIC:
(redacted for link spam)

Jesus fucking Christ :lol:

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:36 am 

90% done, LOL. For most bands that means it will be announced in a week or two. For Jari that means a 2024 release at the earliest.

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:24 pm 

Genuinely wondering if Wintersun's going the way of Virgin Steele.

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:35 pm 

LycanthropeMoon wrote:
Genuinely wondering if Wintersun's going the way of Virgin Steele.

The difference of course being that Virgin Steele release a new album every 3 years and Wintersun release a new album every 3 decades.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:33 pm 

90% done... but we're working on another one that's only 60% done. Jeeeeeesus these guys.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:40 pm 

akb88 wrote:
FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE

Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

MERCH AND MUSIC:
(redacted for link spam)

Jesus fucking Christ :lol:

This can't be serious.... it was.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:49 pm 

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE

Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

Wait, so they got, like, four additional albums in the making? And they're prioritizing one of them over the Time II one that everyone's been begging for?

Well, I guess that sort of explains the hold up.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:17 am 

Hahaha. This just makes me glad I don't care about this band anymore.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:34 am 

I feel like Jari is spreading himself far too thinly. Working on 4 albums at one time isn't against the law but the whole circus surrounding it doesn't warrant it. And you just know these albums aren't going to live up to any of the hype that'll inevitably crop up.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

akb88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:50 am 

Just posted on their FB

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE
Album 1 70% done (currently working on)
Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

Sweet Lord it's been five months and it's virtually UNCHANGED! Nearly half a year to complete a 10 percent of an album :lol:

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:51 am 

akb88 wrote:
Just posted on their FB

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE
Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

Sweet Lord it's been five months and it's virtually UNCHANGED! Nearly half a year to complete a 10 percent of an album :lol:

This is gonna go RIGHT UP on the fridge! :D

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:02 am 

And i bet you anything by "done" he means written, not recorded.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:55 pm 

akb88 wrote:
Just posted on their FB

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE
Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

It's pretty idiotic that he spent 5 months completing 10% of Album 1 instead of putting that 10% of work into Time II and then having one album complete. It's not only been 5+ years since the last album came out, but Time II is the album his fans have been asking for the most, but he's working on Album 1 instead. I wouldn't be surprised if in another 5-6 months he updates this list and only adds 10% of work into Album 4.

Deathdoom1992
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:00 pm 

akb88 wrote:
Just posted on their FB

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE
Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

I am ridiculously disorganised when it comes to work but even I can't begin to fathom the logic of having five (!) albums on the go as unfinished works in progress.

Also, WHY THE FUCK would you not just polish off the one which is 90% done since it's been five years since you released anything, and a full decade since the album that Time II is a sequel to dropped. None of this makes any sense. What is even the end goal here? Drop like four full albums of new music concurrently?

Jari is insane. People need to stop crowdfunding him sitting on his arse all day in his 800,000 euro house that his fans paid for.

Evoken wrote:
It's pretty idiotic that he spent 5 months completing 10% of Album 1 instead of putting that 10% of work into Time II and then having one album complete. It's not only been 5+ years since the last album came out, but Time II is the album his fans have been asking for the most, but he's working on Album 1 instead. I wouldn't be surprised if in another 5-6 months he updates this list and only adds 10% of work into Album 4.

Inb4 Jari spends like the next five years posting occasional updates where each of the four albums gets another ten percent added until they're all up to 90% :lol:

HeavenDuff
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:08 pm 

Jari is a fucking joke. Anyone still funding any of his shit is plain delusional.

Even if that percentage thingy was accurate, which I doubt (how do you calculate the percentage of completion of an album anyway, it makes no sense), it would still be astronomically stupid for Jari to be working on 5 albums at a time instead of actually completing one of them to give it to the public. Not to mention that he apparently only did "10%" worth of work on one of the albums over the last 5 months.

Jari is scamming people, it's obvious. Stop funding this clown.

ThrashTilDeath530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:13 pm 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Jari really needs a boss. Someone to structure his time, give pressure, deadlines. Clearly being left to his own devices is paralyzing him creatively. Where's his label? Maybe I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but some artists shouldn't be given this much freedom.

CreepingDeath16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:31 pm 

ThrashTilDeath530 wrote:
Where's his label?

Most likely he has a contract that allows him to do whatever and whenever he wants on his own (=his fans') expense and Nuclear Blast just puts it out on physical media.

Kaleva
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:39 am 

I love Wintersun, but he's become one of the biggest scammers of the century.

Jari is only going to release an album when he sees the number of subscribers to his Patreon or whatever platform he's using start to drop. A disappointing album could be precisely the trigger for a decrease of supporters, so why take the risk? Of course patience has a limit, but he maywant to see how far he can go. You get paid a percentage of the sales from Nuclear Blast, and then he'll do a few shows (not many, playing live involves sweating and Jari just likes sweating in the sauna). If the album isa reasonable success you already have your fans willing to throw you cash for you to work in music during the next ten years.

Jari must be convinced that he was born in the wrong era and that a genius like him deserves to have a patron. But, let's say several musicians that he may consider to be at his level, Bach, Mozart or Beethoven. They wrote 1128, 600 and 722 works respectively during their lifetimes. I guess he's not going to be as prolific.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:07 am 

That idiot should shoot himself in the head asap

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:31 pm 

He can’t release Time II yet because that last 10% is the part that keeps crashing his computers so he needs just a little more money - a few more massively successful crowdfunding campaigns - to allow tech to catch up to his vision. It’s just not his fault it’s such a masterpiece that we’re all not ready for it.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:21 pm 

FatTheGates wrote:
Right now the Patreon monthly fee is €10 per month (did they drop the price?) and subscribers are now 172, so in the past few weeks a few more people apparently got fed up.

I took a quick look at their Patreon again and now they're down to 148 backers, so even more people got fed up and left since May of '22. Back in 2020 they had around 250 backers, so it just keeps going down.
https://www.patreon.com/wintersun

HeavenDuff
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:55 pm 

It's good that he's losing support. It can only result in good things, either he'll actually get a hold of himself and start to actually work on music instead of jerking off in his sauna, or he'll have to actually admit he's a scammer and it will end this fuckin' masquerade. Either way, it can only have positive effects.

I don't even care about his music at this point, but there is something about what he's doing that just rubs me the wrong way. I hate people who take advantage of others. Liars, scammers, abusers of all sorts. And the way he keeps defending himself and picking up fights with angry fans just makes it even worse for me.

I really hope his bullshit get unveiled for everyone to see who he actually his, so that all of this can stop. I doubt he even has one album actually in the work, it's even less plausible that he's actually working on many projects at the same time. And if he does, it's not a big step up, as this is one of the stupidest, less productive ways to do anything.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:01 pm 

Auch wrote:
He can’t release Time II yet because that last 10% is the part that keeps crashing his computers so he needs just a little more money

Dude is obviously full of it, but that one irks me because it is just such an obvious lie. Anyone who knows diddly squat about audio production knows how to bounce a track down from a VSTi.

HeavenDuff
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:05 pm 

newp wrote:
Auch wrote:
He can’t release Time II yet because that last 10% is the part that keeps crashing his computers so he needs just a little more money

Dude is obviously full of it, but that one irks me because it is just such an obvious lie. Anyone who knows diddly squat about audio production knows how to bounce a track down from a VSTi.

Most of what he says are obvious lies. I can't believe there are still people supporting the fucker.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:04 pm 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
This is gonna go RIGHT UP on the fridge! :D

Wow, this is literally so bad that I forgot I made the same joke about it 5 months ago.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:11 am 

He's a grifter and it's a small cult. If you have the means to put out an album for a funding campaign, you could put the album out that you are ultimately fundraising for.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:58 pm 

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE
Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

I know a bunch of people have said this already, but I still can't believe it took 5 months to get 10% of one album done. Couldn't he used that 10% to finally finish Time II? :scratch:

Then again, Jari probably needed an excuse to pad out the time to the album's release even more.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:57 pm 

When it comes to working on multiple albums at the same time, Wintersun is King Gizzard’s Wario

HeavenDuff
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:13 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
When it comes to working on multiple albums at the same time, Wintersun is King Gizzard’s Wario

Except King Gizzard actually finishes their albums.

funeralravens
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:37 pm 

akb88 wrote:
Just posted on their FB

Quote:
ALBUMS UPDATE
Album 2 60% done
Album 3 60% done
Album 4 20% done
TIME II 90 % done

LOL.

It's a trap! It seems 90% means "album written and recorded, but not mixed". When that "Album 1" reaches the mixing stage, the work will stall and Jari will have to work on "Album 2" instead, because there's no computer in existence that can handle Jari's mixing process. Jari's mixing process is so complex that it requires more atoms than there are in the Universe.

CannibalCorpse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:57 am 

Funny thing is - I can handle listening to great music created by murderers, capitol assaulters and similar scum - but Jari managed to make me discard his entire discography because he's so obvious in his scamming and hustling - it literally screams at me through his music.

Adder's Fork - Website
Adder's Fork - Memorial Ruins - lyric video - NEW!
Adder's Fork - The Fatalist (A Coming Dark) - music video!
Reviewer for Antichrist Magazine

CreepingDeath16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:08 pm 

CannibalCorpse wrote:
Funny thing is - I can handle listening to great music created by murderers, capitol assaulters and similar scum - but Jari managed to make me discard his entire discography because he's so obvious in his scamming and hustling - it literally screams at me through his music.

That's quite human, since Jari's exploits hit closer: it could have been you who got scammed, and if not money, Jari has certainly stolen time from all of us (pun intended).

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next