Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lee Harrison
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 447
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:45 am 
 

HeavenDuff wrote:
I also don't really mind raw production. It might take a little bit to get used to it, but it eventually does, and after that I never really wish for the music to sound any different.

I'm thinking about stuff like the Timeghoul demos. I know some people can't get into the music because it has a rough and raw production (they are demos afterall), but I personnally wouldn't want them to sound different, and I wouldn't want the band to rerecord them today with a "proper" studio production. It would probably lose a part of it's unicity, a part of it's charm if it was redone.

This is also why I despise remasters in general. Even if the audio quality is objectively improved in terms of clarity and to give a wider range for the bass and trebble to really come out better, it also tends to change the overall feeling of the album, and I don't like this. I tend to prefer the original album with it's flaws and qualities over pretty much every kind of remaster (rerecordings are even worse, IMHO).

I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion, but I think remasters, generally speaking, don't improve the music in terms of experience and enjoyment. Rerecordings are out of the question entirely for me. Can't stand them.

I agree with you on 7/10 remasters

But Human of Death is a great remaster

Sometimes old edition are too expensive

If one can he must have both or more simple listen remaster for have an opinion and make a choice…
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 10628
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:47 am 
 

Basically every single Immolation album sits in the 75-85% range for me (with the exception of CTAWB which I think is a complete knockout). They are very consistent and consistently quite good, but it should be easy to see why people can get worn out on them if they aren't explicitly one of their favorites. Same as Cannibal/Krisiun/etc. They're a great band and I like them quite a bit, and I even think it's more impressive in the abstract to be consistently and reliably above average for decades as opposed to being phenomenal for a spell before falling off. But man, cards on the table, I'm taking Suffocation's 90s run over Immolation's entire career every time.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Meshuggah - Nothing
The Outer RIM - Uatism: The dogs bark in street slang
niix wrote:
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 447
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:32 am 
 

BastardHead wrote:
Basically every single Immolation album sits in the 75-85% range for me (with the exception of CTAWB which I think is a complete knockout). They are very consistent and consistently quite good, but it should be easy to see why people can get worn out on them if they aren't explicitly one of their favorites. Same as Cannibal/Krisiun/etc. They're a great band and I like them quite a bit, and I even think it's more impressive in the abstract to be consistently and reliably above average for decades as opposed to being phenomenal for a spell before falling off. But man, cards on the table, I'm taking Suffocation's 90s run over Immolation's entire career every time.

Dawn of Possession,Here in After,Failures for Gods,Close,Unholy Cult

Only Death can match that run

With my respect to Suffocation

But I enjoy both so no have problem
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
Ace_Rimmer
Veteran

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 am
Posts: 3404
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:29 am 
 

I bought one Immolation album, Close to a World Below, and found it nearly unlistenable. Having seen them live a few times with other bands it didn't sound like a lot of their stuff is more my thing. They are the opposite of Bolt Thrower for me, I can't find anything to lock into when I listen to them.

Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4366
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:34 am 
 

Lee Harrison wrote:
lennonlikesmetal wrote:
Lee Harrison wrote:
Immolation all career


Immolation haven't sounded good since Shadows In The Light

Lol

After Shadows they have released only one of best al album of modern times

MAJESTY AND DECAY


Nope. It's all been too plastic and happy sounding since then.

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32912
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:35 am 
 

I've enjoyed some Immolation alright, but generally I like my DM to be faster than that, or at least just more pugilistic like Bolt Thrower. But maybe sometime I'll be in the mood for them again.

Raw production can be awesome. I like a good lo-fi sound. It should be tailored to what the music needs. Power metal is great with bright, ultrapolished production and extreme metal often sounds better with some grime and filth in the mix.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website


Last edited by Empyreal on Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 am
Posts: 472
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:15 am 
 

HeavenDuff wrote:
I also don't really mind raw production. It might take a little bit to get used to it, but it eventually does, and after that I never really wish for the music to sound any different.


Very much agree. I used to fucking hate rough production when I was newer to metal, but now I usually prefer it to the ultra polished shit. It's hard to think of good black metal without at least a bit of grit in the mix.
_________________
Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:
YEEEEP DIS DAT FAKE BATUSHKA

Top
 Profile  
Slater922
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:24 pm
Posts: 1838
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:55 pm 
 

White we're still on the topic of Immolation, I've personally never really been that interested in Close to a World Below. It's got its moments, but I still prefer Dawn of Possession in the long run.
_________________
Under a serpent sun... we shall all live as one! - "Under a Serpent Sun" by At The Gates
Check out my reviews

Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4366
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:59 pm 
 

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
I bought one Immolation album, Close to a World Below, and found it nearly unlistenable. Having seen them live a few times with other bands it didn't sound like a lot of their stuff is more my thing. They are the opposite of Bolt Thrower for me, I can't find anything to lock into when I listen to them.


I would recommend Unholy Cult as an alternative. Or for more of songwriting change then try Dawn and Here In After.

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 447
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:44 pm 
 

Close a world below is similar one of best album all time

I feel sorry for who don’t like Immo,they are a difficult band to love(same happened to me)requires dedition and careful listening…
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4366
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:58 pm 
 

Lee Harrison wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
Basically every single Immolation album sits in the 75-85% range for me (with the exception of CTAWB which I think is a complete knockout). They are very consistent and consistently quite good, but it should be easy to see why people can get worn out on them if they aren't explicitly one of their favorites. Same as Cannibal/Krisiun/etc. They're a great band and I like them quite a bit, and I even think it's more impressive in the abstract to be consistently and reliably above average for decades as opposed to being phenomenal for a spell before falling off. But man, cards on the table, I'm taking Suffocation's 90s run over Immolation's entire career every time.

Dawn of Possession,Here in After,Failures for Gods,Close,Unholy Cult

Only Death can match that run

With my respect to Suffocation

But I enjoy both so no have problem


I'd say The Chasm beats Death and Suffocation easily here

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 3788
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:00 pm 
 

Eric AK is the best vocalist in thrash.

Side note: I think Eric should/could have replaced Warrel in Sanctuary. Not that they sound alike, but I believe it would have been a good fit.
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
true_death wrote:
You could be listening to Edge of Sanity right now, but you're not!

Top
 Profile  
Voidsel
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:15 am
Posts: 105
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:49 pm 
 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
Cradle of Filth has always been better than Dimmu Borgir. [...] Dani Filth is a much more memorable and dynamic vocalist. Go on, send the pitchforks...


Surely that is not unpopular, at least on this site? CoF have more of a gimmick but it's tongue-in-cheek and backed by solid metal sensibility. Dimmu Borgir are the constructed pop band of the black metal world, although For All Tid is interesting.

traxan wrote:
Opinion: "Gangland" by Iron Maiden is a good song and doesn't deserve the hate it gets. For the life of me I don't get why it's so hated.


Not a bad song, but the way the vocals follow the guitar line sounds quirky and sucks a bit of power out of it.

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 32912
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:21 pm 
 

"Gangland" is fun but it's just that most of the rest of the album is so much better. But it's a solid tune by itself.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Black Roses
Fictional Works - if you hated my reviews over the years then pay me back by reviewing my own stuff
Official Website

Top
 Profile  
brain hammer
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:55 pm
Posts: 160
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:15 am 
 

I’m one of the odd Immolation fans who only likes their first three albums. Close To A World Below was the drop off point for me, and my personal favorite is Here In After. That album crushes everything else in their catalog.

Top
 Profile  
simonitro
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:41 pm
Posts: 442
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:18 am 
 

I think I'm growing out of liking Black Metal, as a whole. Every year, it seems, I'm listening less black metal than I used to and it does feel like a schtick more than anything else. After a certain age, this whole black metal stuff was cool when you're in your teens or twenties or something. That doesn't mean, I would entirely rule the genre out and it depends on the band, I suppose. To make it worse, there are so many useless crap associated to black metal like ambient, shoe-gaze, DSBM, noise, raw or anything that makes the genre so damn slow for my taste, as of late, especially when they don't sound too metal-ly to me. Perhaps, the whole second wave is getting terrible.

I do like when there's more speed, death, crust or something to make it less boring.


Last edited by simonitro on Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 447
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:51 am 
 

Empyreal wrote:
"Gangland" is fun but it's just that most of the rest of the album is so much better. But it's a solid tune by itself.

The big problem with Gangland is that followed by one of most memorable song of Heavy Metal
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4366
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:54 am 
 

brain hammer wrote:
I’m one of the odd Immolation fans who only likes their first three albums. Close To A World Below was the drop off point for me, and my personal favorite is Here In After. That album crushes everything else in their catalog.



Here In After is probably their finest work. Like Monstrosty's label drop/long awaited second album, Millennium. It's a underrated masterwork of technical death metal.

Top
 Profile  
Demon Fang
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:42 am
Posts: 367
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:25 am 
 

Here in After's pretty fucking good but it's the Peace Sells of their discography... where Close to a World Below (and Rust in Peace) have all the good shit I end up really digging. My cutoff point is Unholy Cult - holy shit, Hernandez was a goddamn beast behind the kit!

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 10628
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:07 am 
 

Yeah CTAWB is the one I think is truly phenomenal but Unholy Cult isn't too far behind and Hernandez was a big reason why. Immolation is kinda deceptively super technical, but his absolutely unhinged and chaotic drumming really elevated it all to the point where his albums feel truly dangerous instead of "just" quite good. I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it a hundred more: the fuckin maniac sounds like he's playing his entire kit at once and holy *fuck* does that enhance the intensity. Here in After and Majesty and Decay etc are great but they feel "choreographed" in a way, the same way all very technical metal is. The three albums with Alex Hernandez sound like the choreography was thrown out and replaced with the Lunatic Zeal of the Dark Lord and enter a much more elite club as a result.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Meshuggah - Nothing
The Outer RIM - Uatism: The dogs bark in street slang
niix wrote:
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 447
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:20 am 
 

Don’t sleep on Wilkinson

Drums on Here in After are unbelievable
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 1263
Location: Switzerland
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:08 am 
 

Khalian wrote:
I wish I could find more quality DM with the raspy vocals like on Dawn of Possession and Altars of Madness


Check out Fallen Christ's "Abduction ritual" (so underrated!) and Sadistic Intent's "(Resurrection of the) Ancient black earth" then. Might both be up your alley. There are heaps more in that vocal style, but I'm not at home now.
_________________
______In Marble Halls Of Falling Snow______

Top
 Profile  
DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 1263
Location: Switzerland
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:10 am 
 

HeavenDuff wrote:
I also don't really mind raw production. It might take a little bit to get used to it, but it eventually does, and after that I never really wish for the music to sound any different.

I'm thinking about stuff like the Timeghoul demos. I know some people can't get into the music because it has a rough and raw production (they are demos afterall), but I personnally wouldn't want them to sound different, and I wouldn't want the band to rerecord them today with a "proper" studio production. It would probably lose a part of it's unicity, a part of it's charm if it was redone.

This is also why I despise remasters in general. Even if the audio quality is objectively improved in terms of clarity and to give a wider range for the bass and trebble to really come out better, it also tends to change the overall feeling of the album, and I don't like this. I tend to prefer the original album with it's flaws and qualities over pretty much every kind of remaster (rerecordings are even worse, IMHO).

I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion, but I think remasters, generally speaking, don't improve the music in terms of experience and enjoyment. Rerecordings are out of the question entirely for me. Can't stand them.


I agree with everything of the above. Let me add that playing in a band yourself and recording your own rehearsals makes you much more tolerant towards actively listening to raw and bad recordings.
_________________
______In Marble Halls Of Falling Snow______

Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4366
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:19 am 
 

Demon Fang wrote:
Here in After's pretty fucking good but it's the Peace Sells of their discography... where Close to a World Below (and Rust in Peace) have all the good shit I end up really digging. My cutoff point is Unholy Cult - holy shit, Hernandez was a goddamn beast behind the kit!


I'll take Peace Sells... over Rust. It's meaner.

Top
 Profile  
Benedict Donald
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:36 am
Posts: 1944
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:09 pm 
 

lennonlikesmetal wrote:
Demon Fang wrote:
Here in After's pretty fucking good but it's the Peace Sells of their discography... where Close to a World Below (and Rust in Peace) have all the good shit I end up really digging. My cutoff point is Unholy Cult - holy shit, Hernandez was a goddamn beast behind the kit!


I'll take Peace Sells... over Rust. It's meaner.


indeed.

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 447
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:57 pm 
 

I’ll take So Far over both
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4366
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:51 pm 
 

Lee Harrison wrote:
I’ll take So Far over both



I like the idea of SFSGSW, but it's really uneven. Old songs that didn't make it onto either of the first two records, a cover song and a couple tracks that never really do what they should. The atmosphere is probably the best thing about it.

Top
 Profile  
Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:24 am
Posts: 731
Location: Quebec City, Canada
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:07 pm 
 

On the Megadeth topic, I'd rank Rust in Peace below Peace Sells, Killing and So Far. Maybe even below Countdown.
_________________
"Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me"

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 1730521
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:59 pm
Posts: 40
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:12 pm 
 

Reality:

Peace Sells
Rust in Peace
Killing
So Far

True fan POV:

So Far
Peace Sells
Killing
Rust in Peace

Top
 Profile  
Ace_Rimmer
Veteran

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 am
Posts: 3404
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:14 am 
 

Peace>Rust>So Far>Killing

Top
 Profile  
flexodus
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 am
Posts: 2360
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:16 am 
 

there's a lot of competition, but Mary Jane is the best Megadeth song. Definitely more unusual and atmospheric for them, but it gives me chills every time.
_________________
Varth wrote:
I am getting pissed thinking about all the dumbass fake punk my sister made me listen to

Top
 Profile  
lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 am
Posts: 4366
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:17 am 
 

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
Peace>Rust>So Far>Killing


Killing and the demo shred SFSGSW to bits.

Top
 Profile  
CannibalCorpse
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:55 pm
Posts: 859
Location: Austria
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:11 am 
 

I prefer Youthanasia over Killing.
_________________
Heavy/Gothic Metal with RIFFS. From Austria. New single out now!

Adder's Fork - Website
Adder's Fork - Memorial Ruins - lyric video - NEW!
Adder's Fork - The Fatalist (A Coming Dark) - music video!
Reviewer for Antichrist Magazine

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 447
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:08 am 
 

What did you expect we are on unpopular thread

Love So Far
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
Benedict Donald
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:36 am
Posts: 1944
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:32 am 
 

Peace > Rust > So Far > Killing >>>> Countdown > Endgame > Dystopia > The Sick > System > Youth

Top
 Profile  
lordcatfish
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:44 pm
Posts: 1269
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:48 am 
 

Rust > Peace > KIMB = SFSGSW

I don't think their first four albums are all that though to be honest (Rust aside). I'd take Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings over them all.
_________________
last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 447
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:02 am 
 

Hook in Mouth,Liar,Mary Jane,My darkenest hour,Set the world afire

Only 502(for you)and Anarchy (ever for you) aren’t great..

But I prefer them over I’aint superstitious or Lucretia
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 10628
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:21 am 
 

I'll quit beating around the bush and just fuckin' say it: Megadeth was the weakest of the Big Four in the 80s and it's not even fucking close. Of course that would be different if Rust in Peace had dropped the year earlier since that one happens to be one of the best in metal history (I still rank it under Reign in Blood but they're damn close and both in the 99.999th percentile of all metal ever) but even if you took out the best albums from the other three and reduced it to their three least good, they'd still wipe the floor with them. Peace Sells is great, but KIMB is kinda endearing in how insane it is but has much less staying power than the rest of the groups' oeuvre and SFSGSW is wildly uneven and even the good songs on it feel like they're good in spite of themselves. I would and have and will continue to choose State of Euphoria over SFSGSW every single time.

Megadeth pulled themselves together and delivered one of the GOATs with RIP and ever since then they've been the most consistent band of the bunch but they had a rough start.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Meshuggah - Nothing
The Outer RIM - Uatism: The dogs bark in street slang
niix wrote:
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Top
 Profile  
King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:35 pm
Posts: 554
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:37 pm 
 

flexodus wrote:
there's a lot of competition, but Mary Jane is the best Megadeth song. Definitely more unusual and atmospheric for them, but it gives me chills every time.

That's a top 5 Megadeth song for me. Also I used to think 502 wasn't that great but just play it over footage of actual police chases and it works surprisingly well.

Speaking of which, I just noticed that the original mix of SFSGSW was recently added on Spotify.

Top
 Profile  
Lee Harrison
Metalhead

Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 6:28 am
Posts: 447
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:11 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
I'll quit beating around the bush and just fuckin' say it: Megadeth was the weakest of the Big Four in the 80s and it's not even fucking close. Of course that would be different if Rust in Peace had dropped the year earlier since that one happens to be one of the best in metal history (I still rank it under Reign in Blood but they're damn close and both in the 99.999th percentile of all metal ever) but even if you took out the best albums from the other three and reduced it to their three least good, they'd still wipe the floor with them. Peace Sells is great, but KIMB is kinda endearing in how insane it is but has much less staying power than the rest of the groups' oeuvre and SFSGSW is wildly uneven and even the good songs on it feel like they're good in spite of themselves. I would and have and will continue to choose State of Euphoria over SFSGSW every single time.

Megadeth pulled themselves together and delivered one of the GOATs with RIP and ever since then they've been the most consistent band of the bunch but they had a rough start.

I completely disagree

Maybe only Overkill deserve to be in big four but not for Megadeth
_________________
Let this art(bm)forever be your escape from modern world
(Akhenaton)

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 145  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hallowed78, I Am the Law, Zerberus and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group