Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Goatizer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:15 pm 

Anyone listen to this, right off the bat to me it stands out as the superior album as the rest of the ones since shrapnel joined the band and seems like a more brutal version of Satan cross. It seems like D 666’s shrapnel is really fitting into the band now even better than the previous release, but I’d say what stands out most about this is the brutality of the drumming.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:20 pm 

I thought it was okay. In my book Satan's Cross and From the Bloodline of Cain absolutely destroy their other two albums. Satan's Cross is just vicious and top-tier blackened thrash. Easily one of the best albums in that style. While From the Bloodline is little less strong, I love the more blackened death metal feel of that album. Titan was a well-constructed album that just felt uninspired to me, and after one or two listens the new one was only marginally better. I might have to give it a relisten at some point, but I can't say I'm in a hurry to do that given that it didn't exactly grab me on my first couple listens.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 am 

I absolutely loved Bloodline of Cain, but any of their subsequent albums just did nothing for me. An Outlaw's Stand was okay I guess, but there just wasn't anything standing out on it. Same for Titan. They both felt uninspired and run of the mill.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:03 am 

First off, excellent band! Good to see a topic about them.

It's great as expected, and Sharpnel was always going to be a perfect fit. However i think i like Denouncement Pyre - Forever Burning slightly better.

Reply to topic