Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:17 pm 

Belgian death metallers Carnation will release their third full length, Cursed Mortality, on November 3 through Season of Mist. From the press release:

Quote:
Carnation is back. After months of relentless dedication and creativity, we invite you to feast your eyes on the album cover and details of our upcoming third album, Cursed Mortality.

Faithful Carnation fans will undoubtedly find what they have come to love and expect of our signature sound on ‘Cursed Mortality’. However, they can also expect the unexpected, as we venture further into previously unknown territories for the band.

The artwork for 'Cursed Mortality' has been masterfully crafted by the late Mariusz Lewandowski, renowned for his remarkable talent in creating majestic dark surrealist masterpieces. Lewandowski's haunting visuals perfectly capture the essence of the album.

Furthermore, we have collaborated with the revered Lord of the Logos, Christophe Szpajdel, to create a brand new logo and symbol that perfectly encapsulates the essence of ‘Cursed Mortality'. Known for his iconic designs and ability to bring forth the spirit of the music through typography, Szpajdel's contribution further solidifies the album's visual identity.

The second decade of Carnation has begun. Prepare for an intense journey concerning the exploration of our fleeting mortality.

Tracklisting:
1. Herald of Demise (feat. Andy LaRocque)
2. Maruta
3. Metropolis
4. Replicant
5. Dutroux
6. Submerged in Deafening Silence
7. Cycle of Suffering
8. Cursed Mortality

The title track has been released as the first single:
Spoiler: show

I liked the first two album they put out but it looks like the band is experimenting a lot more on this one while still retaining the Swedeath sound they started with. The first single definitely shows much more of a melodic/progressive side and those clean vocals are something new for them. I'm curious to hear how the rest of the album holds up, especially that opening track with the Andy LaRocque feature.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:17 am 

Sounds like they’re taking notes from Edge of Sanity, and I ain’t mad at it.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:23 pm 

The second single is out, this one is much more in line with their previous material but the EoS vibes are definitely still there.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:28 am 

The third single has been released. A song about the replicants from Blade Runner was not on my bingo card from these guys, but it's pretty cool that they've written one.

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:28 pm 

I saw them live at Graspop this year and was very impressed. I’ll likely get this by the end of the year.

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:11 am 

The fourth single is out now:

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:04 am 

Here's the full album stream:

Reply to topic