Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Earthridden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:58 am 

thesilentenigma wrote:
I remember reading something about one of the discs being messed up on the Holy Terror double CD remaster. Does anyone remember the details and what label it was on? I know it's been re-issued a few times so if there's one that doesn't have those errors I'd like to hunt it down. Thanks!

The latest Candlelight versions definitely have the mastering error during Judas Reward as I owned one. From what I understand they are just a copy of the Blackend version which had the error and it didn't get fixed. Can't confirm any other copies but I'm sure it's been discussed previously, maybe try a search.
It was far easier losing my memory.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:56 pm 

The 20th anniversary re-issue of Electrocution's Inside the Unreal was just posted online, so that's neat:

https://electrocution.bandcamp.com/albu ... the-unreal

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:44 pm 

Earthridden wrote:
thesilentenigma wrote:
I remember reading something about one of the discs being messed up on the Holy Terror double CD remaster. Does anyone remember the details and what label it was on? I know it's been re-issued a few times so if there's one that doesn't have those errors I'd like to hunt it down. Thanks!

The latest Candlelight versions definitely have the mastering error during Judas Reward as I owned one. From what I understand they are just a copy of the Blackend version which had the error and it didn't get fixed. Can't confirm any other copies but I'm sure it's been discussed previously, maybe try a search.

Appreciate the info!

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:52 pm 

Yes, all versions of the Holy Terror 2CD compilation have that skipping issues on Judas Reward (not to mention splitting A Fool's Gold/Terminal Humor/Mind Wars into three separate tracks).

Only originals (well, any standalone release of Mind Wars that is) do not contain the error, but then you have to deal with the original album's awful mixing. It's a fucking disgrace and a shame that nobody's been able to do anything about it (especially now that Candlelight's been bought out, hopefully the cocksuckers will give up the rights to the band's music so a label that actually knows what they're doing can do it justice).

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:05 am 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
Yes, all versions of the Holy Terror 2CD compilation have that skipping issues on Judas Reward (not to mention splitting A Fool's Gold/Terminal Humor/Mind Wars into three separate tracks).

No wonder they're found everywhere for so cheap. Guess I'll just cross that band off my list completely. Thanks!

Deathwish77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:34 am 

thesilentenigma wrote:

No wonder they're found everywhere for so cheap. Guess I'll just cross that band off my list completely. Thanks!

You'd be doing yourself a great disservice. Awesome band! Rabid thrash at it's best. Terror and Submission especially because if it doesn't get your head banging you must be dead! I have the Powerage press and there's a tiny glitch at the very end of Judas Reward. It's not a big enough deal to cross them off. At least IMO. And the splitting of the tracks, who cares? There's no space between them and the transition is seamless at least on my press.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:41 pm 

Because the tracks weren't split originally, so leave it the fuck alone.

And the glitch is a big enough to deal to cross off that particular 2CD release, not the band entirely.

Deathwish77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:53 pm 

Because the tracks weren't split originally, so leave it the fuck alone.

And the glitch is a big enough to deal to cross off that particular 2CD release, not the band entirely.

Wow, some of you people are REALLY anal. One little split second glitch at the END of the song and split tracks with absolutely NO silence in between. Would listening to the vinyl or tape be any different? Jeez.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:02 pm 

I don't think wanting a simple reissue of an album without an audio glitch that was never there to begin with and without splitting up a song into three separate tracks when it was originally one entire track is being "anal".

Deathwish77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:49 pm 

I don't think wanting a simple reissue of an album without an audio glitch that was never there to begin with and without splitting up a song into three separate tracks when it was originally one entire track is being "anal".

What in the hell is the big deal about 3 separate tracks when there's NO silence between them and they flow continuously?! That song has 3 parts to it even on the original press. Fools Gold/Terminal Humor/Mind Wars. Jesus Christ! It's not like the Arckanum reissues Full Moon did years back. The audio glitch I can somewhat give you but it's very brief and at the very end of the song. It's a remaster as well. That was never there to begin with either.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:02 pm 

I already explained why it's a big deal: because it was originally all one track, so there's literally no reason to separate them. Get that through your thick head or stop replying.

Deathwish77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:53 pm 

I already explained why it's a big deal: because it was originally all one track, so there's literally no reason to separate them. Get that through your thick head or stop replying.

Oh don't worry, I'm not going to reply again. You're a freaking moron.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:33 pm 

Out now on No Remorse:

ACCUSER - THE CONVICTION (1987) (+3 BONUS TRACKS) CD
ACCUSER - EXPERIMENTAL ERRORS (1988) (+3 BONUS TRACKS) CD

"Double Talk" (1991) and "Repent" (1992) CD/LP + vinyl versions of the earlier albums will follow in June (pre-orders taken now).

http://www.noremorse.gr/advanced_search ... er&x=0&y=0

Last edited by Pestbesmittad on Sat May 28, 2016 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:06 am 

No Remorse did a fantastic job on those Angel Dust re-issues.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:16 am 

What an odd coincidence, I was recently looking to see if Accuser's debut had ever been reissued and noticed it hasn't (officially), and now this happens.

I need to start pining for more albums to get reissued because it seems every time I do, a new post in this thread appears with that exact album getting a reissue.

rooster85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:06 am 

Only originals (well, any standalone release of Mind Wars that is) do not contain the error, but then you have to deal with the original album's awful mixing. It's a fucking disgrace and a shame that nobody's been able to do anything about it (especially now that Candlelight's been bought out, hopefully the cocksuckers will give up the rights to the band's music so a label that actually knows what they're doing can do it justice).

i just pray for proper reissue of Terror And Submission. This album, besides these cheap 2cd reissues, on CD was only released in Japan!

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:52 am 

You can also find Terror and Submission in its entirety on the El Revengo compilation. It's even got improved production (better than the 2CD), but yeah I agree a standalone reissue would be nice.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:04 pm 

To tie in with the Silent Scream reissue, here's a recent interview with Cris McCarthy: http://www.noecho.net/interviews/cris-m ... dark-angel

From the looks of things, perhaps some of the material he and Gene Hoglan worked on might be recorded for the new Dark Angel album in one form or another after all.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:45 pm 

Next 4 Dark Symphonies reissues are up at Dark Descent:

Sarcastic Terror - The Last Act of Subsidence
Shah - Beware
Shah - Terror Collection
Summertime Daisies - The Clarity of Impurity

Definitely buying both of the Shah records. I held off on the last round of releases from Dark Symphonies, so I'm probably gonna go back and grab Terrasphere too. Not sure if anyone picked that one up, but definitely curious to hear some thoughts.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:25 am 

Skogen - "Vittra" DLP available at http://www.kristallblutrecords.com/site ... 23&lang=en .

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:55 am 

Not metal, but I know a lot of metal fans like them still (I know I'm fucking excited for them!)—

King Crimson are finally putting out the 40th anniversary versions of Beat and Three Of A Perfect Pair. Up for preorder now. Comes out October 14th.

http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=5544

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

Unaerth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:50 pm 

Perhaps it has already been mentioned, so 'old news' to some; but it looks like these are available now, and I hope their treatment of this has been worth the wait:

Antropomorphia - NLS CD
http://www.metalblade.com/us/news/antro ... ove-songs/

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:13 am 

Another round of Dark Symphonies releases are coming out August 28:

Death Squad - Into the Crypt/Dying Alone Official CD
Dementor - The Church Dies+ Morbid Infection Official CD
Epidemic - Decameron Official Reissue CD
Eulogy - The Essence/Dismal Official CD
Wargasm - Why Play Around? Official Pro Tape

I'm definitely buying Epidemic's album, and likely Eulogy's. About to check out Death Squad and Dementor to see if they're any good. I got those recent Shah reissues in a couple weeks ago and they're excellent!

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:14 pm 

Nice, I forgot that Epidemic album was getting reissued too. Dark Symphonies has been on fire lately.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:11 pm 

Also, apparently Death SS are having their first three albums reissued by Shadow Kingdom Records in the near future. I've never actually listened to them, but I've seen their name tossed around a lot over the years, so I think I'll get on that now that their stuff's being reissued.

http://bravewords.com/news/death-ss-sig ... ree-albums

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:00 pm 

Dawn of Winter's debut album In the Valley of Tears will be re-released on I Hate Records with some demos and EPs on a bonus disc.

Facebook announcement

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:13 pm 

This gem got a reissue treatment. :scratch:

TrooperEd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:54 pm 

Anyone hear anything about a 30th anniversary reissue of The Ultra-Violence? I've been wanting to buy a copy forever and Amazon ain't offering me a cheap new copy (or used for that matter).

The three track split wouldn't be a problem if iTunes still let you join tracks together as a single MP3. Lord knows how many times I've done that with dumbass splittings (I still can't believe Hellion and Electric Eye aren't on the same track).
I didn't know children book fans were so angry.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:47 pm 

I'd be nice if Windows Media Player could do that. I've recently taken to Audacity to combine tracks + remove pointless intros/interludes that weren't originally part of the same track.

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:50 pm 

audacity is a life save

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:36 pm 

Finally.

The person who I assume is behind the label posted this at the NWN forums, adding, "Vinyl was just ordered so depends on the factory's current lead times but expect 3-4 months for sure. CD in a month or so!"

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm 

it takes 4 months to print a vinyl nowadays?

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:51 pm 

What little insight I have into labels comes from seeing forum posts by the NWN and Dark Descent guys, but 3-4 months sounds a) about right, and b) maybe even optimistic. Apparently, and non-intuitively, judging by the vinyl craze of the last several years, fewer and fewer places cut LPs, so they're all backed up.

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:01 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
What little insight I have into labels comes from seeing forum posts by the NWN and Dark Descent guys, but 3-4 months sounds a) about right, and b) maybe even optimistic. Apparently, and non-intuitively, judging by the vinyl craze of the last several years, fewer and fewer places cut LPs, so they're all backed up.

wow, lol. when I did a few about 20 years ago they were done from scratch (including remastering ) and to my door in like 10 days. Honestly, I think the jackets took longer.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:27 pm 

Fucking nice, Infester's great news.

Now if only someone would reissue the original Insanity "Death After Death" without the re-recorded guitar and vocal parts (well actually I think the band owns their own stuff because they've got their own label as well but for some reason they keep pushing the edition with new vocals and guitars over the original).

CCSaint10
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:43 am 

Now if only someone would reissue the original Insanity "Death After Death" without the re-recorded guitar and vocal parts

Same. It's entirely possible the band no longer has the master recordings that contain the original vocals, which would really suck because then it'd guarantee they'd never reissue it, but hopefully they still do somewhere. I don't hate the rerecording but having the original is certainly a plus.

I myself would like to see a reissue of Custom Killing on CD for once. I know that High Roller did a reissue of it on vinyl really recently that probably sounds quite nice given their track record, but damn it, CD is easier! Plus, CD wouldn't suffer from things like inner groove distortion, which even the very best vinyl records suffer from sometimes. Same goes for a lot of stuff that High Roller has reissued for vinyl only, like Marytr's (Netherlands band) first two records.

cvac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:36 pm 

Awful mixing on Mind Wars? No. Someone doesn't know the difference between mixing and mastering. I really despise when people use these terms interchangeably because they're not the same thing. The album, to my knowledge, was never remixed. The Japanese first pressing sounds great, as I mentioned earlier. I would imagine the Roadracer CD or the later Japanese CD from the early 90s is fine as well. If you don't like the way the album was recorded, fine, but it is what it is. I can think of tons of metal albums that have much worse production than Mind Wars.

Agree that splitting the track was a bad idea.

cvac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:37 pm 

CCSaint10 wrote:
[ Plus, CD wouldn't suffer from things like inner groove distortion, which even the very best vinyl records suffer from sometimes. Same goes for a lot of stuff that High Roller has reissued for vinyl only, like Marytr's (Netherlands band) first two records.

What cartridge are you using? A better cart might get rid of your IGD problem.

cvac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:39 pm 

SlevinKelevra wrote:
DeathfareDevil wrote:

wow, lol. when I did a few about 20 years ago they were done from scratch (including remastering ) and to my door in like 10 days. Honestly, I think the jackets took longer.

Fewer pressing plants + more demand = more wait time.

cvac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:40 pm 

thesilentenigma wrote:

Just find older pressings of the albums separately instead of getting the butchered 2xCD. Pretty simple.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next