Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:58 pm 

Pestbesmittad wrote:
Vomiturition - "A Leftover" CD/LP/MC reissue on Hammerheart. Out in April, pre-orders taken now.

https://hammerheartstore.com/collection ... miturition

Anyone else pick this up? I did and...yikes! I've got a Russian bootleg (which is a replica of the original press), and that sounds way better with way more dynamic range. I'm not one to complain about "brickwalling" and I usually think HHR does a respectable job but damn - they fucked this one up. Also worth noting that they actually cut off the first 3 seconds of "Depression", the best song on the entire album :thumbsdown:. I don't really regret buying it because at least I'm supporting the band (or at least, industry - even if Hervé is allegedly a frothing cunt), but yeah...I'm keeping the bootleg in my collection, this is gathering dust in the closet.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:15 am 

Just a follow-up to my post on the previous page about the unremastered King Diamond reissues: apparently in May Metal Blade will be doing Them, Conspiracy, The Eye, and the 87 live album. Killer.

https://www.metalblade.com/us/news/king ... re-issues/

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:29 pm 

https://en.kunsthall.spkr.media/kunstha ... ibook.html

I'm REALLY close to just jumping in on this. A reissue of Lunar Aurora's split with Paysage d'Hiver. The Lunar Aurora half also has their two demos and the Pd'H half has two rare tracks that are also being reissued on their own.
Glen Benton had a Bigfoot sighting in Florida

This has been debunked. He actually just saw Erik Rutan.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:14 pm 

I'm curious if anyone has some insight into this:

So as I posted not too long ago (just above), Metal Blade has reissued these "mini LP" CDs of King Diamond's first 5 albums (plus the live one). They are -- blessed be -- unremastered. I order a lot of shit through the ImportCDs site, which usually, when something is coming down the pipeline, will have options to pre-order. As you can see here, there are Mercyful Fate reissues supposedly on the horizon:
https://www.importcds.com/search?cr=Mer ... 775&mod=AP

Melissa, DBTO, Nuns Have No Fun, Return of the Vampire, The Beginning. The descriptions make them sound identical to the King D ones:
Quote:
Out of print re-issue of CD, Gatefold slip sleeve CD w/high end cardboard to emulate a "Vinyl" release

But I can find nothing about these on the Metal Blade site. Obviously with all that's happening in the world, it may have been a reissue campaign that was planned but never fulfilled. ImportCDs wouldn't know one way or the other about that. What I'm wondering is if they're also unremastered. If anyone has seen news of these MF reissues, feel free to post here about it.

By the way, the King Diamond CDs are fucking great. Sturdy, glossy digipacks, though slightly oversized so beware if you'd planned to stick them in a CD tower. My only complaint is that the original descriptions said they'd come with a small poster, which turned out to be just the lyric sheet and original liner notes, which do indeed open up to four panels. I was hoping for the cover art but oh well. No biggie. Just having these cool new packages with the original sound is more than enough for my money.

edit: also btw, they're cheaper through Metal Blade, and ImportCDs has worse shipping fees. I'm just using that site for the release dates in this case

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 pm 

26.6 Samael - Worship Him and Blood Ritual CD/LP on Osmose: https://www.osmoseproductions.com/liste ... ete=samael

Pre-ordes taken now.

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:41 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:

So as I posted not too long ago (just above), Metal Blade has reissued these "mini LP" CDs of King Diamond's first 5 albums (plus the live one). They are -- blessed be -- unremastered. I order a lot of shit through the ImportCDs site, which usually, when something is coming down the pipeline, will have options to pre-order. As you can see here, there are Mercyful Fate reissues supposedly on the horizon:

Melissa, DBTO, Nuns Have No Fun, Return of the Vampire, The Beginning. The descriptions make them sound identical to the King D ones:
Quote:
Out of print re-issue of CD, Gatefold slip sleeve CD w/high end cardboard to emulate a "Vinyl" release

But I can find nothing about these on the Metal Blade site. Obviously with all that's happening in the world, it may have been a reissue campaign that was planned but never fulfilled. ImportCDs wouldn't know one way or the other about that. What I'm wondering is if they're also unremastered. If anyone has seen news of these MF reissues, feel free to post here about it.

By the way, the King Diamond CDs are fucking great. Sturdy, glossy digipacks, though slightly oversized so beware if you'd planned to stick them in a CD tower. My only complaint is that the original descriptions said they'd come with a small poster, which turned out to be just the lyric sheet and original liner notes, which do indeed open up to four panels. I was hoping for the cover art but oh well. No biggie. Just having these cool new packages with the original sound is more than enough for my money.

edit: also btw, they're cheaper through Metal Blade, and ImportCDs has worse shipping fees. I'm just using that site for the release dates in this case

I have bought all of the Mercyful Fate and King Diamond Re-issues besides the Mercyful Fate EP aka Nuns Have No Fun.

I have those 97 King Diamond remasters that i bought years ago besides the first one cause the store i went to didn't have it.

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:15 pm 

Does anyone know of any U.S. distros that have the new Apcalyptic Raids reissue? It came out in April but I haven't seen it pop up state side.

untappd: patrick_g

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:28 pm 

Cosmic Key Creations:

Covenant - In Times Before the Light CD/LP with the demo as bonus (CD 19.6, LP 10.7)
Orphaned Land - Sahara DLP (19.6)
The Gathering - Collection 5 x tape boxset (3.7)
Old Man's Child - Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion CD and The Pagan Prosperity CD (19.6)

Pre-orders taken now: https://www.cosmickeycreations.com/

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:43 pm 

I just pre-ordered the vinyl of Nocturnal Rites' "Shadowland" album through Diabolic Might Records. It's the first time it's ever been pressed on LP.

Shadowland was the album that got me into them. I had heard the song "Afterlife" on MP3 in early 2001, but blind bought the CD version of Shadowland when it came out in 2002. I haven't purchased a vinyl in almost 2 years (due to life arrangements changing), but I couldn't pass this one up.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:07 am 

Poccolus - S/T CD reissue and for the first time released on vinyl (DLP): https://www.ipr666shop.com/search?q=poccolus

nightbreaker33
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:13 am 

Recently bought the fireball reissue of Deep Purple from 1995. It's cool. It has a lot of songs and backstory of the compositional sessions of fireball.

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:22 pm 

thrashmaniac87 wrote:
Does anyone know of any U.S. distros that have the new Apcalyptic Raids reissue? It came out in April but I haven't seen it pop up state side.

Maybe its on hold because of the Pandemic.

Zdan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:45 am 

I see Hammerheart have just released their Trouble reissues (Psalm 9 and The Skull) - did anybody get the CD versions of those? How is the sound/remastering?

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:14 am 

Zdan wrote:
I see Hammerheart have just released their Trouble reissues (Psalm 9 and The Skull) - did anybody get the CD versions of those? How is the sound/remastering?

They stream 'em on their Bandcamp: https://hammerheart.bandcamp.com/

Iron Bonehead released Mortuary - Blackened Images/Where Death Takes Your Soul CD/LP: https://shop.ironbonehead.de/en/suche?c ... it_search=

Cool that they used the hell cover for this version.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:46 am 

Oooh, Trouble reissues? Yes please. And I wasn't aware Apocalyptic Raids got a reissue too, that was a surprise when I was at the record shop recently.

Gotta say, it's nice to see so many albums I've had on my wishlist to get reissued finally have those come to reality. Now I'm starting to have trouble thinking of any other albums that still haven't had proper reissues for today. Off the top of my head, I'd still like some reissues of Whiplash's first couple albums and Energetic Krusher's Path to Oblivion.

Zdan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:47 pm 

My only issue with the Trouble reissues would be if they used the old remastering as that was pretty louse and the Metal Blade pressing have great dynamic range. If they did new remastering I would be all into those.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:05 am 

Zdan wrote:
My only issue with the Trouble reissues would be if they used the old remastering as that was pretty louse and the Metal Blade pressing have great dynamic range. If they did new remastering I would be all into those.

It says "Trouble’s classic debut album from 1984 with faithfully restored audio represents everything that Doom Metal should be. Remastered by Toneshed Studio." on Bandcamp, so it's a new remaster, right? Just listen and judge for yourself.

Oheao
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:39 pm 

I Am the Law wrote:
Unanimated reissues coming on May 15th by Century Media on both CD and LP.

https://www.centurymedia.com/newsdetail ... News=24073

FUCK! I hope the CDs aren't sold out!

Edit: OK, I ended up getting them on Amazon.ca, where for some reason it says they're releasing in August.

I really hope Aspid's Extravasation gets reissued, the 2014 one seems to have been very limited and I missed out on it!

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:23 am 

Are the rest of Mercyful Fate/Kind Diamond discography gonna be re-release???

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:23 pm 

Today Xtreem Music released "Recoveries of the Fallen", a compilation of early Adramelech material.

https://xtreemmusic.bandcamp.com/album/ ... the-fallen

Oheao
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:49 pm 

I really hope Sigh's first few release get re-issued, Scorn Defeat and Ghastly Funeral Theatre in particular.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:15 pm 

Oheao wrote:
I really hope Sigh's first few release get re-issued, Scorn Defeat and Ghastly Funeral Theatre in particular.

Scorn Defeat's actually getting re-issued by Peaceville Records. Coming this August. https://sighpeaceville.lnk.to/ScornDefe ... E6q1c6xMBE
Glen Benton had a Bigfoot sighting in Florida

This has been debunked. He actually just saw Erik Rutan.

Oheao
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:35 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Oheao wrote:

Scorn Defeat's actually getting re-issued by Peaceville Records. Coming this August. https://sighpeaceville.lnk.to/ScornDefe ... E6q1c6xMBE

Awesome! I assume it's just that one though?

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:55 am 

There was recently an Asian reissue of Illdisposed - Four Depressive Seasons on CD, with the original artwork and mastering restored + demo bonus tracks. I ordered mine direct from the label but you can also get them from the band themselves here. It's a great release overall and sounds much better than the "remastered" version which was all you could find for years.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am 

Ancient Rites - The Diabolical Serenades CD/LP and Blasfemia Eternal CD/LP

World: order via our bandcamp store: https://soulsellerrecords.bandcamp.com/
Americas: please order here: http://soulsellerrecords.aisamerch.com/

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:40 am 

So here's some news.... Hammerheart Records recently reissued Trouble's Psalm 9 and The Skull. Not too much to write about there as they have been reissued several times before...

However... in their latest newsletter, included in the "up next section" were Manic Frustration and Trouble (self titled). CD/MC/LP.

Kinda weird to me how they skipped over Run to the Light, though. Well, whatever, reissues of Manic Frustration and s/t are most welcome.

Invocation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:17 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:

Quote:

I've picked up the CD reissue of Melissa. The sound quality is fantastic, and I can hear the dynamics much more compared to the previous version that I had heard. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the packaging though. The mini gatefold and vinyl replica CD are a nice idea and look cool, but it means the CD is just slotted loose into the cardboard sleeve the way an LP would be. It's difficult to pull out and avoid getting fingerprints on it.

Anyway, as I said the sound quality is great and as we all know the album is killer. I will definitely pick up Don't Break the Oath soon as well. For anyone who doesn't own physical copies of these albums or maybe has never heard them before I highly recommend you get them.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:33 pm 

W.T.C.Productions proudly presents a CD version of Amestigon's demo recordings, namely "Through the Ages we preserve..." and "Mysterious Realms", originally released in '95 & '96. Also included is "Moon turning red", a rare track originally hailing from "The first Battle Cry" (1994).

https://w-t-c.web-republic.de/store/pro ... 2314c915cc

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:16 am 

Does Metal Blade not own the rights to The American Way by Sacred Reich?? Why hasn't that been re-issue already???

asphaalanx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:43 am 

Oheao wrote:

Infidel Art got reissued a few years back: https://www.discogs.com/Sigh-Infidel-Ar ... se/9411443 if you're looking for that too.

The semi-recent Chinese 2CD reissues (around the time of the release of 'In Somniphobia') are awesome but I'm betting they're either hard to find or unrealistically expensive by now. However, the live album that got released for the Chinese market (Scorn Defeat 20th Anniversary show) will be released as the second CD of Peaceville's 'Scorn Defeat' reissue.

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:58 pm 

Big get for the USPM fans of the world. The great Stormbringer-Stealer of Souls is getting a Cd/Vinyl reissue from No Remorse Records. The rest of the info can be found here.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1468260442

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:37 pm 

For fans of Sabbat's the dwelling, NWN prods is reissuing this masterpiece with its ORIGINAL COVER ART, HOLY SHIT!! I've been waiting for this for ages!
However, they're doing a Double LP repress... How the fuck are you supposed to listen to a single-song release in a double fucking lp?? You need to switch sides not one but three times to listen to it form start to finish. I can't see how they're doing this without just chopping off the song in three different parts. Sounds like a shitty experience IMO. I would grab it just for the bigger artwork, tho, I really love that cover art and I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for having it in 12'' size.

http://www.nwnprod.com/?p=13601

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:06 am 

Vic Records - out now:

Asphyxiator - Trapped Between Two Worlds CD (reissue of the 1997 album)
Celestial Season - The Merciful CD ("Promises" demo '91 and Promo '94)
Reverend - A Gathering of Demons CD (contains a brand new remix of the entire mini cd, plus the original 2001 mix, the UFO cover track ‘Lights Out’ and rare live recordings)
Sacramentum - Finis Malorum CD (Re-issue of legendary 1994 mini cd plus two cover tracks (Sepultura’s ‘The Cure/ Antichrist’ and Mercyful Fate’s ‘Black Masses’), their 5-track 1993 demo ‘Sedes Impiorum’ and one very early and rare track.)

Last edited by Pestbesmittad on Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:21 pm 

Dark Descent has a Crypt 2CD reissue of Cenotaph's Gloomy Reflection... up for pre-order. I somehow missed the news that this was happening.
http://www.darkdescentrecords.com/store ... s_id=12324

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:08 am 

Out on 27.11. Pre-orders taken now.

Falkenbach - The Nine Worlds Of Falkenbach (Manifestations 1995-2013) CD & Vinyl Box

https://de.prophecy.de/prophecy-product ... -2013.html

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:31 am 

Theatre of Tragedy - S/T DLP 25th anniversary edition out now. Demo 1994 and Promo 1994 included as bonus.

https://www.cosmickeycreations.com/

mike40k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:56 pm 

Has anyone heard anything about Type O Negative vinyl re-issues? The last ones they did already go for quite a bit, especially October Rust. And I don't think Life is Killing Me has ever been out on LP, aside from the box set?

Underworld666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:02 am 

Looking for Num Skull When suffering comes and Gravebomb (limited Release) Rot in Putrid Filth.

I saw Numskull with Both Thrower back in late 80's

Bruce

Reid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:03 pm 

Relapse Records today announced their reissue of Detestation by G.I.S.M.-- this is such an insane and unique metal/punk album, so I'm ecstatic to see it back in print and more easily available (and it comes with a few bonus tracks). I think their main webstore crashed due to demand, but you can get LPs/CDs/cassettes and merch on their Bandcamp: https://gismband.bandcamp.com/

Hopefully we'll see the other two albums reissued as well.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:36 pm 

Nice, that's a pretty big release. Agreed on hoping their other two albums get released as well (though given Relapse's track record, I think there's a good chance that'll end up happening).

Gotta grab one of those shirts too, no doubt that shit'll go fast.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next