Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:01 am 

Curious about Amon's demo cd - is it basically the same as Amon - Feasting the Beast or is there any extra material?
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:09 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
Curious about Amon's demo cd - is it basically the same as Amon - Feasting the Beast or is there any extra material?

According to the description, it's just the demos with liner notes etc.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 am 

Thanks for the info. Guess I can pass this, as I already own the older compilation. Props to Vix Records for keeping the stuff available, though.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:05 pm 

Over a year ago, Visceral Evisceration posted on Facebook, claiming Vic Records was going to release a compilation of the demo, a promo tape and an unreleased rehearsal. No updates since and I can find no record of Vic posting anything about it. I wonder what happened. (Also, Incessant Desire for Palatable Flesh is dying for a reissue).

Adramelech's Pure Blood Doom has finally been reissued, though I'm not fond of the new cover art even if it was done by the original artist.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:21 pm 

Cat III wrote:
Over a year ago, Visceral Evisceration posted on Facebook, claiming Vic Records was going to release a compilation of the demo, a promo tape and an unreleased rehearsal. No updates since and I can find no record of Vic posting anything about it. I wonder what happened. (Also, Incessant Desire for Palatable Flesh is dying for a reissue).

I don't think Incessant Desire will ever be reissued (I asked the band about it a little over a year ago)...luckily I scored an original press earlier this year so I'm not too bent out of shape about it. As for the compilation, I've thought the same thing...no idea what happened wit that.

Another similar situation is Immortalis (German death metal band Andy Classen was in back in the 90's). Their only CD Indicium de Mortuis has been on my wantlist for years, so I was super excited when The Crypt (the best underground label ever) announced they will reissue this album with the amazing original artwork...three years later, nothing. I asked the guy at The Crypt and he said he's still waiting for the band to give him everything.

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:05 am 

true_death wrote:
I don't think Incessant Desire will ever be reissued (I asked the band about it a little over a year ago)...luckily I scored an original press earlier this year so I'm not too bent out of shape about it. As for the compilation, I've thought the same thing...no idea what happened wit that.

May I ask what the band told you about IDFPF? Is it a rights issue or someone lost the master tapes? Something else?

Never say never. Years ago, I emailed Xtreem Music about Adramelech's Pure Blood Doom as they'd reissued Psychostasia. They said it was coming soon, but after years of no news I assumed it wasn't going to happen until early 2018 it's announced some new Italian label has picked it up. Pungent Stench finally reissued their old albums. Still, expectations ought to be kept in check. At best, they'll come later rather than sooner.

I was about to say another disappointing reissue cancellation was Old Lady Drivers from Hammerheart Records which was announced two years ago, but checking the Facebook post, on April 30 the label responded to a comment saying it will hopefully arrive within 2018. There's another overdue one. Now, if someone can just get S.O.B.'s Don't Be Swindle.

(Thanks for mentioning Immortalis. I'll be sure to check them out.)

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:02 am 

Cat III wrote:
true_death wrote:

May I ask what the band told you about IDFPF? Is it a rights issue or someone lost the master tapes? Something else?

I wasn't given a specific reason, they basically just said it won't be happening anytime soon, if ever. I got the feeling it was most likely a rights issue.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 am 

SARCOFAGO - THE WORST - LP and CASSETTE coming

PREORDER HERE: https://store.greyhazerecords.com/index ... uct_id=517

Greyhaze Records is proud to announce the August 24 reissue of Sarcófago's The Worst on vinyl and cassette formats. The reintroduction of this classic album for the first time on vinyl and tape, complementing the already-existing CD version, comes with massive audio and visual improvements. The album's audio went through a high-quality remastering process, including audio sourced from original master tapes. The Worst's reissue also comes with an expanded visual package including previously unavailable photos from the album's photo session.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:11 am 

Evilfeast - "Mysteries of the Nocturnal Forest" DLP out now on Temple of Darkness and "Invoking the Ancient" MCD on Obscure Abhorrence.

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:49 pm 

Pestbesmittad wrote:
SARCOFAGO - THE WORST - LP and CASSETTE coming

Wonder why this is coming before Hate. Cool, either way. Their reissues of earlier Sarcofago albums have all been top notch.

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm 

Why the fuck does No More Color cost $20 while Mental Vortex and Grin only cost $10??

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:03 am 

Ancient's debut album "Svartalvheim" is getting reissued via Soulseller Records in September with the original artwork restored on the CD version. LP appears to have an alternate cover, though it looks quite a bit cooler than the original LP cover...Anyway, pretty excited, as the album has been on my wantlist for a few years now.

http://www.soulsellerrecords.com/ancien ... -07092018/

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:01 pm 

ThrashAD720 wrote:
Why the fuck does No More Color cost $20 while Mental Vortex and Grin only cost $10??

For a recent re-issue? That's suspect for sure.

cvac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:54 pm 

thesilentenigma wrote:
ThrashAD720 wrote:

For a recent re-issue? That's suspect for sure.

Typical Amazon pricing algorithm games. Check in two weeks or a month and the prices will be different.

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:41 pm 

Nope just realize the first three Coroner re-release are being done by Century Media/Sony Music while the last two are done by Noise Records.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:05 pm 

So apparently I've been living under a rock for the past 8 months since the Esoteric demo was reissued on CD back in December and I didn't even knew about it! And since I'm on the subject of Esoteric, The Pernicious Enigma is also being reissued on 2CD.

https://esotericuk.bandcamp.com/album/e ... re-release
https://esotericuk.bandcamp.com/album/t ... x-remaster

Band store: https://www.esotericuk.net/merch

Holy fuck, let's doom! :bow:

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:49 pm 

If someone wants to also put this in the thread for the new Deicide album they can go right ahead, just figured it would make more sense here. Anyway, their first six albums and the Amon demos (as well as "Liar in Wait" and a new album next year,) are being reissued by Hammerheart Records.

Same process as Pestilence and Malevolent Creation are getting. Interesting to note that all three were formerly with Roadrunner at the label's peak, which leads me to believe a lot of the rights for those albums are now back with the bands or up for grabs. Curious to see who will be next.

Spoiler: show
Hammerheart Records enters agreement with the Hoffman brothers to work together on AMON and the classic Deicide catalogue!

Hammerheart Records is very pleased to announce we will be teaming up with Amon. Amon is a killer US Death Metal band with both Eric and Brian Hoffman in the line-up, and Amon was the band that changed its name to Deicide in 1989. When Eric and Brian left Deicide they resurrected Amon and released an album called “Liar in Wait” in 2012. Hammerheart Records will release a new Amon album, will re-issue the 2012 album and also the legendary Amon demos from 1987 and 1989. We heard new songs, and they have the classic Amon/Deicide crunch/vibe, they are catchy yet brutal, they are quality Death Metal par excellence.

Hammerheart Records will also re-issue all the Deicide albums that were released from 1990 until 2001. All albums will get a deluxe treatment, remastering, 2-CD editions, bonustracks (tons of never released recordings), LP editions (first time for some), digital, MC, merchandise. The whole package, the whole deal, as done on Pestilence and currently being done on Malevolent Creation. This is a huge undertaking and we will start soon, and the whole project will keep us busy for 2018-2020 (do not contact us on details, we simply do not know yet).

Upon releasing their 2nd full length album Amon will tour worldwide and we aim for a first year that will give all fans a full set of only old school songs, taken from the first four Deicide albums. This will happen in 2019.

Both the Hoffman brothers and Hammerheart Records are confident the future looks very Death Metal once again.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:57 pm 

I'm sure we can expect some pushback from Glen & co. about this soon considering how angry he was about Metal Blade doing those vinyl presses a few years back. I've already got all that shit but I might be tempted to buy the 2CD editions of the the first album or Legion, if the bonus material ends up being anything interesting. I actually don't think Deicide has ever released bonus material before so there's bound to be some hidden gems somewhere.

ThanatosUK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:02 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
Interesting to note that all three were formerly with Roadrunner at the label's peak, which leads me to believe a lot of the rights for those albums are now back with the bands or up for grabs. Curious to see who will be next.

I really hope so, there are loads of Roadrunner albums that are in desperate need of a repress.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:25 am 

...Pierced from Within being one of them. I noticed Slowly We Rot has suddenly become tricky to get for a decent price as well, which is just as ridiculous.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:41 am 

Out now on High Roller Records:

TROUBLE - Revelations (Life or Death) - Demos & Rarities Part 1 LP
TROUBLE - Victim of the Insane - Demos & Rarities Part 2 LP
PAUL CHAIN VIOLET THEATRE - Detaching from Satan MLP/CD
PAUL CHAIN VIOLET THEATRE - Highway to Hell MLP
VIOLENT FORCE - Malevolent Assault of Tomorrow LP/CD
LORDIAN GUARD - Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God DCD (bonus tracks)/LP
LORDIAN GUARD - Woe to the Inhabitants of the Earth DCD (bonus tracks)/LP

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:02 am 

Pestbesmittad wrote:
Out now on High Roller Records:

TROUBLE - Revelations (Life or Death) - Demos & Rarities Part 1 LP
TROUBLE - Victim of the Insane - Demos & Rarities Part 2 LP
PAUL CHAIN VIOLET THEATRE - Detaching from Satan MLP/CD
PAUL CHAIN VIOLET THEATRE - Highway to Hell MLP
VIOLENT FORCE - Malevolent Assault of Tomorrow LP/CD
LORDIAN GUARD - Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God DCD (bonus tracks)/LP
LORDIAN GUARD - Woe to the Inhabitants of the Earth DCD (bonus tracks)/LP

I really wanna fucking get those Lordian Guard reissues (CDs, don't care about vinyl) but I'm waiting until I start my new job, when I'll have some money to spend.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:12 am 

Nice, gotta grab that Violent Force

CCSaint10
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:25 am 

Oh man, good to see that Violent Force album out again, and definitely glad to see Patrick Engel with the remastering credit. The Metal Mind version from 2007 was really, really bad, and trying to get the original record is just not worth the price people sell it for.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:46 am 

So Dissonance Productions is finally re-releasing the first four Warfare albums in September of this year (I think). Seems like a a good move and all because those records are NWOBHM/speed metal/metal-punk classics and contain some awesome songs. So all is good right? Wrong!

The problems:

1. These are digipacks. This maybe a personal one but I absolutely hate digipacks with a passion. They are flimsy and not worth the effort. Just go with a normal jewelcase.
2. This is the major one. Why omit certain CRUCIAL tracks when doing reissues of old acts like this? Only "Pure Filth" is getting any bonus tracks and on top of that it seems like it will not get the crucial "New Age of Total Warfare" song present on the Neat EP (but will have the earlier single tracks). I do not get the reasoning behind this. Likewise - why is "Metal Anarchy" missing the tracks from the "Total Death" EP?

FromMysticStreet
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:32 pm 

androdion wrote:
So apparently I've been living under a rock for the past 8 months since the Esoteric demo was reissued on CD back in December and I didn't even knew about it! And since I'm on the subject of Esoteric, The Pernicious Enigma is also being reissued on 2CD.

https://esotericuk.bandcamp.com/album/e ... re-release
https://esotericuk.bandcamp.com/album/t ... x-remaster

Band store: https://www.esotericuk.net/merch

Holy fuck, let's doom! :bow:

Have you heard the pernicious enigma remaster? Is it worth getting even if I have the original CD?

Also are there any US distros for the esoteric demo CD??

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:39 pm 

You can hear the new remaster on the band's bandcamp page, and the demo remaster as well.

It's definitely cleaner but I think it adds a new dimension to the sound, though it looses its rougher edge. I have the original and still bought it but I can understand if you'd prefer the original master. The demo is the first official cd reissue so that's that.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:02 am 

Helloween - STARLIGHT (The Noise Records Collection) VINYL BOXSET

"A deluxe, limited edition boxset containing all the bands Noise recordings, from the long out of print EPs "Helloween" & "Judas", through their debut album "Walls Of Jericho" to the masterpieces, "Keeper Of The Seven Keys parts 1 & 2" and a new, revised version of "The Best, The Rest, The Rare" that covers all the obscure and rare tracks from the Noise catalogue."

Pre-order your copy with exclusive patch from https://helloween.lnk.to/starlight

Exclusive preorder ships around 10th Sept 2018.

Released in stores 26th Oct 2018

Out on High Roller Records:
MESSIAH - Space Invaders CD
MESSIAH - The Mighty Chaos Has Returned (The Roots of Psychomorphia) CD
MESSIAH - Unreleased Demo 1984 CD
MESSIAH - The Choir of Horrors & Rotten Perish Era Live CD

For more info on these, check the High Roller site.

cvac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:18 pm 

If anyone cares, I uploaded DR logs for the Coroner reissues of Mental Vortex and No More Color. These are around a DR8, similar to other Noise Records reissues that have been coming out.

I've also got the reissue of Deathrow - Deception Ignored on order. Supposedly that was done by Andy Pearce, who usually does a great job. Should be way better than the shitty Divebomb reissue from a few years back.

Also grabbed Witch Cross and Violent Force reissues from High Roller, hopefully they show up later this week. I will upload DR logs of those as well.

Adramelech - Pure Blood Doom reissue doesn't seem to have any U.S. distro just yet, but you can get it on FLAC via Bandcamp. This version is slightly more compressed than the original but listenable.

Re: Hammerheart reissuing stuff, I'd expect those to just be licensing jobs. I doubt they are buying the rights to hold permanently. They have a history of licensing all kinds of stuff.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:50 pm 

Floga Records:

PRE-ORDERS NOW!!! SHIPMENT ON 20.10.2018!

SACRILEGE - MY GHOST MALIGN 3xLP BOXSET + TS + SLIPMAT (BLACK / COLOR)

INCL.

- THE DEAD I KNOW LP (incl. both demos)
- LOST IN THE BEAUTY YOU SLAY GATEFOLD LP
- THE FIFTH SEASON GATEFOLD LP

+
- EXCLUSIVE TS (S/S/L/XL/XXL)
- TURNTABLE'S SLIPMAT WITH THE BAND'S LOGO

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:23 pm 

Pestbesmittad wrote:
Floga Records:

PRE-ORDERS NOW!!! SHIPMENT ON 20.10.2018!

SACRILEGE - MY GHOST MALIGN 3xLP BOXSET + TS + SLIPMAT (BLACK / COLOR)

INCL.

- THE DEAD I KNOW LP (incl. both demos)
- LOST IN THE BEAUTY YOU SLAY GATEFOLD LP
- THE FIFTH SEASON GATEFOLD LP

+
- EXCLUSIVE TS (S/S/L/XL/XXL)
- TURNTABLE'S SLIPMAT WITH THE BAND'S LOGO

Nice to see a label re-issuing this band's material. I hope they put out the demos on CD too.

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:20 am 

Got the Sadus albums now can somebody re-release Artillery and Sacrifice CD's please.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:34 pm 

ThrashAD720 wrote:
Got the Sadus albums now can somebody re-release Artillery and Sacrifice CD's please.

http://bravewords.com/news/artillery-ex ... nus-tracks

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 pm 

Out NOW on Hammerheart:
Meliah Rage - Kill to Survive DCD/LP (CD #2 collects all recordings before the album, demos, rehearsal, all in all 16 nice songs)
Meliah Rage - Solitary Solitude DCD/LP (CD#2 is the "Live Kill" EP)
Holy Terror - Terror and Submission Pic LP
Holy Terror - Mindwars Pic LP

Deluxe Picture-LP Boxset from Pestilence (official)! Shipping in October !
After one of the most succesfull years in their already more than impressive career Pestilence announces a final release for 2018.... and what a release this will be! Under the name “Prophetic Revelations 1987-1993” Pestilence and Hammerheart Records present you a killer boxed-set of their first four legendary albums as 180 grams Picture-LP’s, in a high quality box, with some more extra's added. This will be a one-time limited release of 1.000 copies worldwide.

Pestilence - Prophetic Revelations 1987-1993 Picture-LP Box
-Consuming Impulse Picture-LP
-Malleus Maleficarum Picture-LP
-Testimony Of The Ancients Picture-LP
-Spheres Picture-LP
-Slipmat
-A2 Poster

ORDER HERE: https://hammerheartstore.com/search?q=p ... evelations

Out on Hammerheart in November:
“SATANIC PROPHECIES” BOXED SET OF 5 REMASTERED DIGI-CD’S BY NECROPHOBIC!

All the classic Necrophobic albums will be re-issued in upgraded artwork and sound quality. Fully remastered, sounding more powerful than ever before, these are the definitive versions of the classic albums by the legendary Swedish Death Metal band. In the boxset we have included a re-press of their collection of demo’s and the 7” called the “The Call”. This fifth album will be a box exclusive one!

The boxed set is limited to 500 copies and will have all of Necrophobic recordings from 1989 up unto 2002, in a high quality box, in best sound possible!

Includes:
The Nocturnal Silence Digi-CD
Darkside Digi-CD
The Third Antichrist Digi-CD
Bloodhymns Digi-CD
Satanic Blasphemies Digi-CD (Boxset exclusive)

MatsBG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:50 am 

https://www.therockpit.net/2018/bmg-to-reissue-dios-classic-1996-2004-studio-albums/

Finally! Been waiting for these!

Dio's
- Angry Machines (1996)
- Magica (2000)
- Killing the Dragon (2002)
- Master of the Moon (2004)

LefterisK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:01 pm 

Quote:
Soulseller Records proudly presents:

VED BUENS ENDE "WRITTEN IN WATERS"
8 PANEL CD DIGIPACK/GATEFOLD 2LP

The ultimate re-issue of avant-garde Norwegian obscurity! Comes with original artwork and pressed from the original 1995 glassmaster!

Available as:
8 panel digipack printed on uncoated/matt carton
Gatefold 2LP: Limited gold vinyl (Soulseller Records exclusive)
Gatefold 2LP: Limited transparent red vinyl vinyl
Gatefold 2LP: Limited black vinyl

Order here:
World: https://soulsellerrecords.bandcamp.com/ ... -in-waters
Americas: https://soulsellerrecords.aisamerch.com/

Yes it is.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:25 am 

Floga Records:

Comecon - Converging Conspiracies CD. Out now, although webshop still says pre-order.

http://www.flogarecords.com/store/index ... s_id=14213

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:33 pm 

On the back of the new album, Metal Blade has begun reissuing Monstrosity's discography. "Rise to Power" and "Spiritual Apocalypse" are up first, remastered by Alan Douches and including demo and rehearsal tracks, respectively.

Regarding "Millennium," "In Dark Purity," and the "Slaves and Masters" demo, the plan is to have them transferred from the original 2-inch reels, remixed by Jason Suecof, and eventually reissued with BOTH mixes packaged together.

As far as "Imperial Doom," it looks like Nuclear Blast won't budge, so it seems like the band's prepared to rerecord it (Lee personally doesn't care for the production anyway, so take that for what you will.) Personally, as long as they can get Corpsegrinder to be involved, I can live with that.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:35 pm 

Rerecording Imperial Doom sounds like an awful idea. That album is the product of an era and that magic can't be recaptured, even if they would somehow be able to get the original line-up together for it. But I get it, Impaled did the same with their debut because Deathvomit also pulled a similar stunt.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:33 pm 

^ It's one of those things where no matter how many times it's explained to me, I just can't wrap my head around why a label wouldn't take advantage of what's obviously both a fanpleaser and a moneymaker. Hell, they can just license it off if they don't want to be bothered. Look at what Roadrunner has done with Listenable and Hammerheart, and that train's not stopping anytime soon.

Ah well, I happen to prefer that Impaled rerecording (and Exhumed's) over the original, anyway.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next