Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm 

thesilentenigma wrote:
Nuclear Blast can't be trusted. I'd pick up first pressings if I were you. Take these Sinister's for example, first photo is from the 1992 press, second pic from 1994. The 1994 version has the volume boosted just like they did on the Dismember debut a few months after releasing the first pressings. So even if they haven't "remastered" it, it's likely they have long since fucked with the original sound on any re-issues.

Bleh, yeah I'm familiar with the Everflowing Stream butchering. And In Flames stuff. And the Winter 2 on 1 reissue. In fact now I'm trying to think of something they've done well. I stumbled on that Kataklysm in the Earache web shop while pondering these "full dynamic range" reissues. Oh well, thanks. I'll keep checking around.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:04 pm 

Fatal Exposure is finally up for sale! I already placed my order.

http://vicrecords.com/shop/index.php?id ... er=product

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:41 pm 

I was just going to post that Chemical Breath - Fatal Exposure is finally available at the Vic Records site! Better late than never.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:55 pm 

Did anyone notice how near the condition it says "debut re-issue" and then below on the more info field it reads like the description for the demo compilation?! Holy fuck Vic Records... :lol:

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:25 pm 

androdion wrote:
Did anyone notice how near the condition it says "debut re-issue" and then below on the more info field it reads like the description for the demo compilation?! Holy fuck Vic Records... :lol:

That's typical for them :lol:. Has anyone else noticed that Vic Records releases are often littered with flaws? It ranges from minor stuff like the God Dethroned - "The Christhunt" release having a totally wrong tracklist on the back, to major stuff like Gates of Ishtar - "A Bloodred Path" where they switched around the tracklist on the CD itself on a couple songs. Definitely a poorly run label and I'm worried about the actual quality of the product for this release given all the drama and bullshit surrounding it.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:36 pm 

true_death wrote:
androdion wrote:

That's typical for them :lol:. Has anyone else noticed that Vic Records releases are often littered with flaws? It ranges from minor stuff like the God Dethroned - "The Christhunt" release having a totally wrong tracklist on the back, to major stuff like Gates of Ishtar - "A Bloodred Path" where they switched around the tracklist on the CD itself on a couple songs. Definitely a poorly run label and I'm worried about the actual quality of the product for this release given all the drama and bullshit surrounding it.

Well, yeah. That's kind of where I stand right now. I bought the Merciless reissues on Black Lodge and those were also butchered by wrongdoings. Sure I'm not putting out 300€ for a copy of Fatal Exposure, but if it has screw ups on the level of The Treasures Within then I couldn't care less. I swear it, that reissue is so bad that I resold it, and I have never purchased a first press because of the price. Same here if Fatal Exposure turns out to be butchered as well. I have like a handful of discs I've convinced myself I'll never own unless (and if) they're properly reissued so that's that.

It's a shame though when the only reissues that exist are so fucking bad... :(

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:23 pm 

Dead Head - The Feast Begins at Dawn DCD (demos etc. as bonus): https://hammerheartstore.com/products/d ... -dawn-2-cd

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:44 am 

Yeah Vic's got some weird stuff going on, but they're hardly the worst distro I've seen when it comes to putting out garbage quality reissues.

The only other CDs I've gotten from them are Assorted Heap's two album reissues and those are just fine, so I can't say I've gotten burned by them thus far.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:31 am 

androdion wrote:
Well, yeah. That's kind of where I stand right now. I bought the Merciless reissues on Black Lodge and those were also butchered by wrongdoings. Sure I'm not putting out 300€ for a copy of Fatal Exposure, but if it has screw ups on the level of The Treasures Within then I couldn't care less. I swear it, that reissue is so bad that I resold it, and I have never purchased a first press because of the price. Same here if Fatal Exposure turns out to be butchered as well. I have like a handful of discs I've convinced myself I'll never own unless (and if) they're properly reissued so that's that.

I have a copy of the Black Lodge Records release of Unbound, and yeah it's absolutely horrible - not to quite the same extent (everything on the CD itself checks out), but the packaging and overall presentation is complete shit. The worst thing is that the booklet itself has the original, Necrolord artwork (or at least most of it as it's pointlessly cropped)...but I guess the colors didn't render properly in the printing process or something, and they never bothered to fix it so the result is utterly hideous and abhorrent...and not in a good way :lol:!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:37 am 

true_death wrote:
androdion wrote:

I have a copy of the Black Lodge Records release of Unbound, and yeah it's absolutely horrible - not to quite the same extent (everything on the CD itself checks out), but the packaging and overall presentation is complete shit. The worst thing is that the booklet itself has the original, Necrolord artwork (or at least most of it as it's pointlessly cropped)...but I guess the colors didn't render properly in the printing process or something, and they never bothered to fix it so the result is utterly hideous and abhorrent...and not in a good way :lol:!

Agreed. The funny thing was that when I bought my copy from a reliable distro the CD inside was actually a pro-printed CD-R, go figure. And it was factory sealed. No idea how that happened but it resulted in that distro discontinuing the release from their catalogue. They were as baffled by it as me, and I've never tried getting another copy because of that. The Treasures Within not only has songs switched in the running order but worse, they've managed to put the eight song glued to the intro of the first. I mean, they're not even separate tracks ffs... How they managed to do that I have no idea. And again the layout is dreadful, you can barely read the printing.

Let us all hope that Vic did a good job with Fatal Exposure, fingers crossed.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:52 pm 

So, my Fatal Exposure CD arrived a few days ago and I just today got around to listening to it. Personally, I think it sounds fucking great. No brickwalling, none of that shit.

But of course, that's just my perspective. I didn't go into excruciating detail to figure out all the intricacies that go into determining how a remaster/reissue sounds compared to the original (or compared to the ears of someone who isn't halfway deaf from listening to too many brickwalled remasters).

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:46 pm 

It was just announced that Unanimated will be reissuing their first three albums on CD & vinyl this summer! I already have them all, in fact I got the first two signed by the singer (discogs seller turned out to be a friend of his) but still, it will be awesome to have these available again. Wondering what they'll do with In the Forest of the Dreaming Dead's cover? Would be neat to see the Regain reissue art on vinyl!

Also, my copy of Fatal Exposure hasn't even been shipped yet....curse you, Vic Records! :guns: Granted I guess this is on me for being too impatient to wait for DDR to stock it. I probably paid like twice as much for shipping too...

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 pm 

Cool. I've wanted a copy of Ancient God of Evil for years, but like many others I'm not willing to pay exorbitant prices for it. It's a good album but not that good.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:32 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
So, my Fatal Exposure CD arrived a few days ago and I just today got around to listening to it. Personally, I think it sounds fucking great. No brickwalling, none of that shit.

But of course, that's just my perspective. I didn't go into excruciating detail to figure out all the intricacies that go into determining how a remaster/reissue sounds compared to the original (or compared to the ears of someone who isn't halfway deaf from listening to too many brickwalled remasters).

Glad to hear it's a good reissue. I have it coming in the mail.

As for Vic Records, I own plenty of the reissues of theirs, and I think they do a good job. The only reissue that irked me at all was how on the reissue for Hexx's Quest for Sanity/Watery Graves, two of the tracks are merged together instead of being separate from one another. The rest of them have been perfectly fine.

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:16 pm 

Whoever the person that create the idea of a interview as a bonus track should be kicked in the balls.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:45 pm 

I pre-ordered the upcoming reissue of the sole Acridity album, For Freedom I Cry. It comes out on March 8, 2019 via Divebomb Records. Very underrated thrash metal band from the late 1980s/early 1990s.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:07 pm 

Required Fields wrote:
I pre-ordered the upcoming reissue of the sole Acridity album, For Freedom I Cry. It comes out on March 8, 2019 via Divebomb Records. Very underrated thrash metal band from the late 1980s/early 1990s.

I too pre-ordered this, along with Pyracanda's Two Sides of a Coin! Divebomb always does great work!

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:11 pm 

Some more drama on the Vic Records front...I ordered my CD on the 24th of January, they waited almost an entire month to "ship" the CD on the 19th of February saying I'll get a tracking number soon...2 weeks and 4 emails later, no tracking number and no response from the label. Anyone else having similar issues or is it just me???

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:19 am 

In Vic's webstore now: Astaroth (FL, USA) - Demos CD (feat. Larry Sapp of Brutality), Chemical Breath - Beyond Reality/Brutal Violation CD, Torchure - The Demos CD and Tribe of Pazuzu - Heretical Uprising CD.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:52 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:

My package just arrived within the past week, and I spun the album after work. So glad to finally own it! The album sounds good to me. I am so happy to finally own it.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:50 pm 

Pre-orders for the official re-issues of Heavy Load's Death or Glory on No Remorse Records are open. Official release date May 17th, 2019.

Facebook announcement here.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:34 am 

Out on Hammerheart at the end of the month:

Funebre - Children of the Scorn LP (w/ original artwork): https://hammerheartstore.com/search?q=funebre

Barathrum - Legions of Perkele LP: https://hammerheartstore.com/search?q=b ... gAizu7pmsU

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:48 pm 

The Choir of Vengeance - S/T Reissue (Chaos Records)

This was an unexpected but nice surprise to see this rare album reissued. Swedish melodic black metal, featuring former members of Mithotyn and Dawn. The reissue features 3 unreleased tracks recorded in 1997, and it's all been remastered. The problem with the original release is the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. There's almost no bass, way too much treble, and the recording just sounds thin and harsh. The remaster appears to have fixed as much as it could, and while it still sounds raw, it's more listenable now than the original CD release.

Check it out here:
https://chaos-records.bandcamp.com/album/the-choir-of-vengenace

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:57 am 

Out on Vic:
Exhumation - Seas of Eternal Silence CD (incl. their third demo as bonus)
Sacrosanct - Tragic Intense CD (incl. one bonus track)
Atrophy - Chemical Dependency CD (incl. live tracks as bonus)

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:44 pm 

Would love to get reissues of Socialized Hate and Violent by Nature as well.

Especially since the band's touring again (for better or worse)

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:58 pm 

Legend's From the Fjords finally getting the treatment from a label I'm not too familiar with, Cult Metal Classics.

For whatever reason I can't copy and paste the post's text but it's all there at the link.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 pm 

Pestbesmittad wrote:
More Vic madness: Pre-orders for Sacrosanct's "Truth Is What Is" and "Recesses for the Depraved" (both with bonus tracks) up now. Out 16.11. "Tragic Intense" will be released later.

Truth is What Is: http://vicrecords.com/shop/index.php?id ... eWBPMIfvsw

Recesses: http://vicrecords.com/shop/index.php?id ... 00LfdaZjGg

In order to see the reissue tracklists: https://www.rockawaits.com/

I discuss the debut in my new YouTube video.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:36 am 

Pestbesmittad wrote:
Atrophy - Chemical Dependency CD (incl. live tracks as bonus)

I picked this up last week not realizing what it was, but it's excellent. The liner notes have a really good interview with Brian Zimmerman, and the live tracks are solid as well.

I am not as familiar with the songs on Socialized Hate as I am Violent By Nature, so this is a good opportunity to learn some of these songs a bit better I think.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:52 pm 

Got the Chemical Breath reissue this week and it sounds really great! Let's see how long it takes for Values to come out now, he has.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 am 

Sacrosanct - Truth Is What Is DLP (incl. the demo as bonus)
https://www.lusitanianmusic.com/store/v ... olor-black

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 am 

Out in August on Svart:

Disgrace - The Complete Death Metal Years DCD/DLP

"To pay our respects to the monument of Finnish Death Metal that is early Disgrace, we announce the release of a complete set of all the death metal the band produced on tape back in the golden age. To be released in anticipation of the 29th anniversary of the band’s debut 7″ inch Debts of God, this set features both demo tapes (Inside the Labyrinth of Depression and Beyond the Immortalized Existence), tracks from the debut 7″ EP and the legendary full length opus Grey Misery. As an added treat there’s two unreleased tracks (The Day Man Lost and Foxy Lady) plus an in-depth interview with the surviving members of the Disgrace cult."

https://svartrecords.com/product/disgra ... dRINxhaqUs

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:32 am 

Out on Dark Symphonies now:

CASTLE: Castle + Demos 2CD
Dark Symphonies is proud to announce our partnering with Dutch doom laden death metal act, CASTLE, to reissue their long out of print classic "Castle" album paired with the band's only demos "Chasing Unicorns Demo 1991" and "In Purple Visions Demo 1992". Obscure and unique with eerie atmosphere laden over melancholic, slow and sorrowful, depressive dark death metal guaranteed to satisfy both doom and death metal fans alike. Meticulously re-mixed from the original analog tapes and re-mastered is the same exact studio that the original 1994 album was recorded in with help from the exact same sound engineer from 2 decades ago, this amazing release sounds absolutely epic!

EXCRUCIATE: Passage of Life CD
Our first release marked the first time EVER on vinyl, the debut album "Passage of Life" from the Legendary Swedish Cult EXCRUCIATE! Having been limited to 300 copies, it sold out almost immediately upon its release date. We are now proud to announce that this amazing gem will be available once again, this time on CD format.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:33 pm 

Out now on Vic:

Black Shepherd - United Evil Forces CD (The 1985 and 1986 demos on CD)
Morbid Decapitation - Death Anthems CD (incl. the 1990 album and the unreleased "Destruction of Peace and Freedom" album)
Necrosanct - Legacy CD (The two demos plus unreleased tracks)
Overthrow - Within Suffering CD (incl. the demo and live tracks as bonus)
Toxik - Wasteland CD (The demo on CD plus three rare bonus tracks)

Last edited by Pestbesmittad on Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:40 pm 

Pestbesmittad wrote:
Out on Hammerheart now:

Funebre - Children of the Scorn LP (w/ original artwork): https://hammerheartstore.com/search?q=funebre

CD version available now as well from Hammerheart. Not remastered.

Last edited by Pestbesmittad on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:31 pm 

So, a bit off topic, but I recently found a used copy of the Chemical Breath demos reissue from Vic at my local record store. I just found it hilarious that someone actually went through the process of ordering the CD and then taking it to the record store to sell for whatever reason. Also, just because it's THIS reissue, like they had to have been following it to know to buy it. I can't imagine someone mistakenly or blindly purchasing it and then deciding they didn't like it lol.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:51 am 

Could it just be that it has a horrible sound?

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:26 pm 

I guess? But they're demos, that's kinda expected when it comes to this kind of music.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:08 pm 

Probably someone who just bought it expecting it to be better than it is, then ended up disappointed. There are still people who buy first and listen later, so cutting the losses I guess.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:01 am 

Yeah, that's also possible. I just found it peculiar because it reminded me of this topic since it was Chemical Breath lol

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:48 am 

Alghazanth - full catalog available again!

'Thy Aeons Envenomed Sanity' debut album featuring '1997' demo as a bonus. And with the new cover artwork made by Antti 'Nuitar' Saikkonen.

Thy Aeons Envenomed Sanity CD 1999 + 1997 demo
Subliminal Antenora CD 2000
Osiris Typhon Unmasked CD 2001
The Polarity Axiom slipcase CD 2004
Wreth Of Thevetat CD 2008

https://woodcutrecords.bandcamp.com/merch
http://www.woodcutrecords.fi/product-ca ... pre-order/

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next