Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:20 am 

titan_v wrote:
^ I saw that the other day as well. Appears osmose reissued Disastrous Murmur - Rhapsodies in Red.

Well mate, this will be another target acquired!

"You make it easy."

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:48 am 

Mighty Music was supposedly reissuing Serenadium by Iniquity with The Hidden Lore EP as bonus tracks, but I can't seem to find any information about this anywhere on their site. Does anyone know if this is still going to happen or was it just temporarily set back?

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:09 am 

Vic Records reissued Carbonized - "For the Security" CD with 2 bonus tracks. EDIT: Vinyl version out in late May.

Last edited by Pestbesmittad on Sun May 17, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Opus
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:59 am 

Apollo Ra - Ra Pariah is out on No Remorse records! :hyper:
http://label.noremorse.gr/releases/item ... -pariah-cd

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:12 pm 

Well fuck me sideways! Don't say I didn't warn you maniac thrashers! :P

Spoiler: show

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:40 am 

Another Gem will be re-released end this year.

INFECTED VIRULENCE (Ger) Music of Melkor Official reissue CD / LP coming from ANCIENT DARKNESS PRODUCTIONS / UNHOLY PROPHECIES / RAW SKULL RECORDZ

ADP / RSR / UP:

Are proud to announce our cooperation with legendary German death metal act INFECTED VIRULENCE to re-release the band's debut and only full length album from 1994, "Music of Melkor".
This album is highly underrated, and we give you now the chance, to own a copy of this highly sought after Gem. From one of the best European underground scenes.

For the first time since 1994, This album will be re-released on CD and for the first time also on Limited vinyl.

CD and LP will feature the original artwork, and will have included a lyricssheet and some old band pictures..

The LP's will be limited to 300 copies. 200 will be on orange Transparant vinyl and 100 on Black vinyl.

Coming in late 2015 / Early 2016

Spoiler: show

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:27 pm 

I really need those Disastrous Murmur and Carbonized reissues. Infected Virulence and Ravenous seem interesting too. Going to have to pass for now due to money, but there are so many great reissues happening right now.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:16 pm 

In the realm of modern power metal/AOR, Keldian's three albums are finally getting a CD release.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 8643515879

Quote:
YOU WANTED IT, YOU GOT IT:
KELDIAN CD REISSUES COMING THIS SUMMER!

Perris Records was the original home of Keldian when we started out, and we are excited to announce that we will work with Perris again on CD reissues of all three Keldian albums: HEAVEN’S GATE (2007), JOURNEY OF SOULS (2008) and OUTBOUND (2013), all set for worldwide release this summer.

This will be the first general CD release of our latest album, OUTBOUND. The reissues of HEAVEN’S GATE and JOURNEY OF SOULS will be the CD debut of the remastered audio for those records, which was previously only available as digital downloads. The albums will feature redesigned booklets with new liner notes by the band, and there will be new concept art included.

Stay tuned for release dates and detailed information!

We would like to thank Tom Mathers at Perris Records for giving us this opportunity, and all you loyal fans who have been waiting patiently for more Keldian on CD.

SIC ITUR AD ASTRA,
Arild & Chris

You can hear all their music at their FB here. If you like shiny, peppy music with the catchiest choruses you'll ever hear, Keldian is there for you.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:21 pm 

Even though I'm sure everyone here keeps up with NWN! I'll post this anyway. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally released in 1995 on the infamous Unisound Records label, their debut album “Adelain” has been out of print for some years. NWN is very proud to present this classic Greek melodic black death metal album once again on both vinyl and CD. In addition to the complete album, we are adding three rare bonus tracks taken from their promo tapes from 1994 and 1995. The layout will stay very close to the original design while fixing some issues that the band was not satisfied with on the Unisound versions (like the yellow texts and lack of band photos).

Anything else happening in reissue land? I'm kind of out of the loop.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:33 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Anything else happening in reissue land? I'm kind of out of the loop.

The new Pan.Thy.Monium reissue. ;)

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:17 pm 

Yeah, all that stuff from The Crypt looks great. Mainly waiting for the Molested CD though. I had to check around to make sure I didn't miss it.

Speaking of The Crypt, their FB page had a link to a label/distro I've somehow never even heard of:
http://www.lostapparitions.com/

Morbius' Alienchrist, which I also have never heard of but will be checking out, is their next reissue coming out.

WARNING: they have a very loud autoplay bullshit thing that sent a blast through the room like the end of The Fall of the House of Usher. Jesus.

edit: okay maybe that LA label doesn't have piles of releases. Their pages are set up in such a way that I thought there was gonna be a massive list. I'm used to DD and HH where everything is tiny and crammed into a tight little column. This distro is easier on my ageing eyes.

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:54 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Yeah, all that stuff from The Crypt looks great. Mainly waiting for the Molested CD though. I had to check around to make sure I didn't miss it.

Is Blod-Draum getting a re-release? I didn't hear about that, but would definitely buy a copy.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:11 pm 

http://www.darksymphonies.com/thecrypt/shop.html (scroll down beneath the Dark Descent logo)

It's listed as "TBA" so ... I hope so! That list does look a little more than fanciful but someone earlier in this thread posted a shorter list that had both Pan-Thy-Monium (which has happened) and Molested, among others.

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:12 pm 

Clearly I need to take a deeper look at that list because I saw Hexx's Morbid Reality on there and I had no idea that was getting a reissue either!

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:31 pm 

For all interested, Disma's Towards the Megalith is back in stock at Profound Lore, apparently a repress with two bonus tracks. This was news to me.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:04 am 

Warlord CD reissues on Alone Records (Greece)!

Deliver Us, Lost and Lonely Days single, Cannons of Destruction (new name for ...And the Cannons of Destruction Have Begun studio album), Rising Out of the Ashes, and The Holy Empire are being reissued on Alone Records. They are taking pre-orders for them now, and they will be released August 17. Special sale prices for pre-orders before July 31.

Just ordered Cannons of Destruction Have Begun.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:36 am 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
For all interested, Disma's Towards the Megalith is back in stock at Profound Lore, apparently a repress with two bonus tracks. This was news to me.

That's a reissue. A repress is generally identical to the original release, perhaps with a slightly different layout. Anything extra = reissue.

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:45 pm 

Anyone hear anything about Protector reissues? High Roller Records just posted pictures of Golem, Urm The Mad, and Misanthropy on their Facebook page. Would love for those to get reissued!

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:52 pm 

Spiner202 wrote:
Anyone hear anything about Protector reissues? High Roller Records just posted pictures of Golem, Urm The Mad, and Misanthropy on their Facebook page. Would love for those to get reissued!

They're coming out this month or the next, something like that. I suppose they'll try and reissue the whole lot, but only time will tell if that becomes a reality or not.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:18 pm 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
Warlord CD reissues on Alone Records (Greece)!

Deliver Us, Lost and Lonely Days single, Cannons of Destruction (new name for ...And the Cannons of Destruction Have Begun studio album), Rising Out of the Ashes, and The Holy Empire are being reissued on Alone Records. They are taking pre-orders for them now, and they will be released August 17. Special sale prices for pre-orders before July 31.

Just ordered Cannons of Destruction Have Begun.

I ordered the Japanese reissue of this. Its a boxset (3CDs + 1 DVD) in SHM/papersleeve format and its released on July 1st. The DVD is from some concert in 1984 and apparently won't be sold elsewhere.

Devourgasm138
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:49 am 

Candlelight reissued Grotesque's In The Embrace of Evil compilation last month. Been looking for a copy for years; i'm so getting it. :hyper:
The majority of metal fans are lovely patriotic beer drinking, gas-station working, Pantera-fearing citizens. Don't ruin this group by bringing in intellectual, open minded, spiritual or, God-forbid, friendly people.

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:09 am 

The new issuing of Mystifier's Goetia on Greyhaze is awesome. This is my first exposure to this album so I've nothing to compare it with but the album itself is awesome and the sound is pretty good for an 80's black metal release. Or was it early 90s? Either way it sounds better than Darkthrone's stuff. The guitars are meaty and the vocals dominate.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:41 pm 

I know nothing about this band, but apparently Century Media's gonna reissue the discography, demos included, of Germany's Dark Millennium.

Quote:
We are very proud to announce the cooperation with DARK MILLENNIUM (Official) for the release of the band’s entire discography.

Germany’s Dark Millennium were formed in 1989. With the release of their demo tapes “The Apocryphal Wisdom” (1991) and “Of Sceptre Their Ashes May Be” (1992) the band heavily stirred up the German death metal underground as one of the most promising – and surely one of the most unique – death metal bands of that time.

Guitarist and musical mastermind Hilton Theissen has carefully remastered both albums from the original sound sources, while Patrick W. Engel at Temple Of Disharmony (Asphyx, Morgoth, Grave, Dissection) has restored the two demos. The discography will be released as a fairly-price limited 4CD version and on vinyl as three separate limited LPs.

Detailed info on the different formats as well as exact release dates will be revealed in the coming weeks.

shamatarigrind666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:10 pm 

Auburn Records just reissued Steel and Starlight by Shok Paris. I believe there are some bonus tracks as well. Hells Headbangers has copies.

Cool to see the Dark Millennium discography being reissued. Recently bought a copy of Ashore the Celestial Burden for about 50 usd but it'll be nice to have both albums and the demos on a set. Hopefully the 4cd set will have nice packaging, liner notes and not be too pricey.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:02 pm 

For those who don't know, Candlelight Records has these admittedly spartan box sets of 3 or 4 CDs of bands on their roster. 1349, Abigail Williams, Daylight Dies, and Insomnium are the ones currently still in stock on their site, though I've seen Blut Aus Nord as well. I own the Opeth one; the discs are the 2000 remasters which aren't great but aren't totally brickwalled either. I can't speak for the others.

The point is that they're dirt cheap for 3 and 4 album box sets, usually around $15. You can find them not just on the Candlelight site but on Amazon or other distros. Just, you know, don't expect liner notes or well constructed packaging. (The Opeth one looks good but feels thin.)

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:32 pm 

Blood and Iron Records recently reissued Tyrant's first two albums "Too Late to Pray" and "Legions of the Dead".

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:01 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Blood and Iron Records recently reissued Tyrant's first two albums "Too Late to Pray" and "Legions of the Dead".

Do you know if they are remastered?

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:57 pm 

Not sure (almost assumed they were, going by their facebook page). I did check High Roller's website and it claims "Too Late to Pray" is not remastered. Ditto for "Legions of the Dead".

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:07 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Not sure (almost assumed they were, going by their facebook page). I did check High Roller's website and it claims "Too Late to Pray" is not remastered. Ditto for "Legions of the Dead".

Thanks for the info.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:21 am 

uh... :eek:

"It was in 1992 when two promising bands from the swedish & finnish Death Metal scenes, released a split album, that now, 23 years later, it's one of the most cult splits ever released in the early 90's. Unfortunately, CARTILAGE never recorded anything after that and although ALTAR did a few demos later on, they disbanded shortly after.

But the legacy still lives here and this split album originally released through former Xtreem Music label Drowned Productions, gets a re-issue in form of a double CD with 7 bonus tracks by each band taken from their early demos, a total of 14 songs (60 min.) from each one.

All songs have been remastered (not remixed!) for an optimal sound, preserving the essence from the originals and this release comes with a new cover artwork, a remake of the original one made by cult finnish artist Turkka G. Rantanen. Of course, original cover art is included on the release and booklet comes with extra photos, flyers & demo covers to complete this cult re-issue. However, we know that purists won't be satisfied with this release, so they can always go and pay a fortune on eBay to get the original (if they can). No hard feelings! For the rest, here you have a new chance to get this gem in an improved and extended way at a reasonable price. A vinyl version with the original split album tracks, will follow in the future.

Release date for the ALTAR/CARTILAGE "Split Album" 2-CD is set for August 20th and in the meantime, you can listen to one track by each band on the following links:
ALTAR - https://youtu.be/ncCLFcMTHcw
CARTILAGE - https://youtu.be/k9vViqLJnd8
http://soundcloud.com/xtreemmusic "

"You make it easy."

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:59 pm 

Nice!!! that trashcan snare on the Cartilage track = hnnnnnngg :nods:

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:09 pm 

The Lions Den wrote:
uh... :eek:

how about that goddamn ugly piece of...... what the fuck you want to name it as cover??? always the same with the xtreem re-issues. yukkkk

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:27 am 

a shocking conquest from the HHR camp...

Originally released earlier this year by the Shaman of Horrors Offerings on tape format, HELLS HEADBANGERS is proud to unleash NOCTURNAL BLOOD's Abnormalities Prevail on both CD and DLP formats, just in time for the band's exclusive performance at Hells Headbash 2. A compilation of NOCTURNAL BLOOD's debut demo as well as myriad EP and split releases, Abnormalities Prevail displays this one-man entity's "uncompromising evolution" across its staggering 20 tracks. NOCTURNAL BLOOD began in 2008 as a solo-project for The Ghastly Apparition, who was slaying the metal underground as a teenager with holocaustic speed-merchants Nuclear Desecration. But upon the first recordings that would become NOCTURNAL BLOOD, the restless 'n' wild Apparition soon shifted his focus solely to NOCTURNAL BLOOD and put Nuclear Desecration to rest after three years of intense, incredibly prolific activity.

Back then, "bestial metal" had yet to become a trend and subsequent forum-troll byword, and The Ghastly Apparition was far ahead of the curve with a molten, miasmic sound that pulsed upon the same foundation built by Beherit, Demoncy, and Blasphemy. Overwhelming in its singular obsession with ritualistic madness, the debut demo of True Spirit of Old... unveiled NOCTURNAL BLOOD to an underground that would soon be devoured by the bestial arts, and the interest and effect were immediate. Over the next couple years, The Ghastly Apparition churned out more of his churn, ever so subtly shifting the emphasis toward sinister atmosphere whilst never losing the chaotic death-rattle upon which NOCTURNAL BLOOD was formed. After this traditionally-underground legwork of demos, EPs, and splits, NOCTURNAL BLOOD unleashed its debut album, Devastated Graves - The Morbid Celebration, in 2010 via HELLS HEADBANGERS. Reaping international acclaim, Devastated Graves - The Morbid Celebration showed a more cavernous death metal side to NOCTURNAL BLOOD, which would then be further developed in The Ghastly Apparition's current band THE HAUNTING PRESENCE.

Very much "of its time" while prefiguring those times all the same, Abnormalities Prevail is an essential compendium of a black-blood-vomiting darkness 'n' doom, and a hopeful sign for further aural atrocities from NOCTURNAL BLOOD.

"You make it easy."

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:11 pm 

I see that The Key by Nocturnus was reissued a few months ago. Does anyone know if this is a reissue of the first press, the 2000 remaster, or something entirely different altogether like those Full Dynamic Range versions Earache's been doing?

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:23 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
I see that The Key by Nocturnus was reissued a few months ago. Does anyone know if this is a reissue of the first press, the 2000 remaster, or something entirely different altogether like those Full Dynamic Range versions Earache's been doing?

While there's no hint of which edition is presently reissued as far as original vs remaster, it looks like people in this NWN! thread are speculating that a FDR vinyl is on the way. Consensus there seems to be that for now the new reissues sound "good."

I have a 2000 reissue CD and I have no idea if it's been remastered. Discogs says yes; my actual CD booklet gives no indication one way or the other. Nor do I have an original issue to compare it to. I do know that I've gotten really sensitive to loudness war shit and my CD sounds in no way brickwalled. It doesn't really have any depth or punch to it, and it's a little on the "distant" side, but that may be how the original sounded.

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:28 pm 

Not sure if this has been posted, but Intruder's A Higher Form of Killing has gotten a repress of the 2005 reissue: http://www.lostandfoundrecords.com/webs ... x&cPath=67

I got my copy last night and it rips! I've been searching for a copy of this album since 2008, so I could not be happier to finally have a copy.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:00 am 

From the Invictus camp...

Bölzer 'Roman Acupuncture' CD September 14th

"You make it easy."

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:24 pm 

As they always do, Divebomb has put out a few new reissues lately (Wild Dogs and Artch come to mind), but what caught my attention is that they're planning on reissuing Silent Scream's "From The Darkest Depths of Imagination" sometime this year or next year. The record was produced by Gene Hoglan and is some pretty solid death metal. Not sure if this one has ever seen a reissue, but it's listed in their upcoming titles: http://www.divebombrecords.com/site/releases/

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:14 pm 

^ Heh, I remember paying in the range of almost $50 for a brand new, first press copy of that album about 6 years ago. Most I've ever spent on a CD in that condition, but I don't regret it. Hell of an album, and to know that it's not only getting reissued but through Divebomb... sure, I'll get it again! For that matter, they might as well pursue Recuperate from Reality by Dementia, another Tombstone Records release. Maybe I'll float that one by them.

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:30 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
^ Heh, I remember paying in the range of almost $50 for a brand new, first press copy of that album about 6 years ago. Most I've ever spent on a CD in that condition, but I don't regret it. Hell of an album, and to know that it's not only getting reissued but through Divebomb... sure, I'll get it again! For that matter, they might as well pursue Recuperate from Reality by Dementia, another Tombstone Records release. Maybe I'll float that one by them.

I didn't know those two albums were on the same label, but I would definitely purchase that Dementia album. I recall coming across the album cover years ago, but I have no idea what it sounds like.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next