Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:49 pm 

Weird putting mid-period Opeth in the reissue thread but here we are.

https://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-09-1 ... er-at-last

Quote:
Opeth albums Deliverance and Damnation will be released as a single volume for the first time on October 30.

The title will arrive via the resurrected Music For Nations label.

Deliverance was originally launched in 2002 and Damnation followed the next year – but Mikael Akerfeldt and co had planned them as one volume.

Available in four-disc bookset and triple-vinyl editions, Deliverance & Damnation comes with 5.1 surround mixes, one by Steven Wilson and one by Bruce Soord, redesigned artwork and sleeve notes by Akerfeldt and Prog editor Jerry Ewing.

Akerfeldt says: “The 5.1 surround mix for Damnation was done a while ago by my buddy and co-producer for both albums, Steven Wilson – I’ve been itching to have it released as it’s simply stunning!

“My new-ish friend, Bruce Soord, has done a fantastic remix for Deliverance, literally giving new life to the record and making me start loving it. Finally!

“It was with pure excitement I went through the tracks, discovering them again. I’m especially impressed with the sound of Martin Lopez’s drums – but also baffled by how wicked and strange this album is. I’m scratching my head wondering how the hell we came up with these songs.

“On top of everything, our old-time head of art, Travis Smith, has touched up on the artwork having it looking great – bleak – too. Enjoy!”

Opeth, who celebrate their 25th anniversary this year, released 11th album Pale Communion in 2014.

http://www.omerch.eu/shop/musicfornatio ... D&cat=4183
http://www.omerch.eu/shop/musicfornatio ... p&cat=4183

Quote:
Originally intended to be a double album, Opeth released Deliverance and Damnation 5 months apart in 2002 and 2003. Over 15 years later Music For Nations are righting this wrong.

- New Stereo and 5.1 mixes by Bruce Soord (Deliverance) and Steven Wilson (Damnation)
- Liner notes by Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth and Jerry Ewing of Prog Magazine
- New unseen photos
- Redesigned artwork from original designer, Travis Smith
- Loving presented in a beautiful book set

DELIVERANCE
1. Wreath
2. Deliverance
3. A Fair Judgement
4. For Absent Friends
5. Master’s Apprentices
6. By The Pain I see In Others

DAMNATION
1. Windowpane
2. In My Time Of Need
3. Death Whispered a Lullaby
4. Closure
4. Hope Leaves
6. To Rid The Disease
9. Ending Credits
8. Weakness

Metantoine
Big Beautiful Famgot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:09 pm 

Nice, I'll get this, it looks awesome. I'm looking forward to the new Deliverance mix.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:20 am 

I'm disappointed that they didn't use this reissue opportunity to include the 2 unreleased tracks the band recorded during these sessions. Mikael even referenced them in the liner notes of the deluxe edition of Ghost Reveries. I also remember when they originally released the tracklist of Damnation online before it came out, there were 10 tracks on it. Then soon after it changed to the final tracklist of 8 songs.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:16 am 

Really excited about this one!

The Flesh "The Storming of Heavens' Gate" + "Icecold Macabre Lust" [Re-mastered] CD

Endless Desperation Prod. presents new release - discography compilation of Norwegian old school death metal band The Flesh. Contains re-mastered versions "The Storming of Heavens' Gate" EP 1996 and "Icecold Macabre Lust" demo 1994

♱ 66 minutes of Old School Death Metal from Norway
♱ HQ Pro Remastering
♱ 1994 Demo “Icecold Macabre Lust” (exclusively on CD as bonus)

First 500 CD Ltd. This Jewel Case edition, booklet 16 pages.
http://www.endless-desperation.com/

Here's the official ad for it:
Spoiler: show

Youtube: show

Opus
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:23 pm 

Quote:
Opeth released Deliverance and Damnation 5 months apart in 2002 and 2003. Over 15 years later Music For Nations are righting this wrong.

Clearly, Music for Nations' concept of time differs from mine.

Ritual_Suicide
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:29 am 

Relapse are remastering UK Sacrilege's first album. Its the first official reissue.

In related new, the band is also active again.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:40 pm 

There's a Listenable reissue of Dawn of Possession, CD and vinyl, due in mid October. I have no inkling into sound quality, remastering credits, or frankly anything else. I used to have the original but only currently have the dinky Metal Mind digi reissue that I'd like to upgrade somewhat. Here's to hoping!

http://www.shop.listenable.net/en/6219- ... order.html

http://www.shop.listenable.net/en/6218- ... order.html

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:52 pm 

Seems like High Roller Records reissued most of Protectors discography:

http://www.hrrshop.de/navi.php?suchausd ... fbljgoo1v4

TheTrueSeker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:55 pm 

Ritual_Suicide wrote:
Relapse are remastering UK Sacrilege's first album. Its the first official reissue.

That album is still super easy to find. Call me when they get around to reissuing Turn Back Trilobite. Hopefully they won't fuck up the tracklist like they did with Num Skull.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:43 pm 

Dark Millenium's reissues were originally supposed to be on a 4-disc compilation. However, instead they decided to release them separately. Now up for pre-order are "Ashore the Celetial Burden" (on CD and vinyl), and a demo compilation called "Out of the Past" (on CD and vinyl). I expect "Diana Read Peace" will be posted soon. Sadly, none of these have been made available in the US store yet (and shipping prices are too expensive for me right now), but I contacted Century Media and they confirmed that they will be posted when the copies arrive from Germany.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:10 pm 

Mayhem Live in Leipzig 25th Anniversary reissue

https://www.burningshed.com/store/peace ... /261/7011/

https://www.burningshed.com/store/peace ... /261/7012/

Quote:
The booklet for the 25th Anniversary release of Live In Zeipig contains liner notes and recollections from band members Hellhammer and Necrobutcher, plus words from Metalion and more, as well as some rare images, sketches and letters surrounding the event.

This edition also features the original iconic cover artwork from the album's first pressing in 1993.

This is one of very few releases to feature this line-up - vocalist Dead committed suicide the year after the show, and guitarist Euronymous was killed in 1993.

Coloured vinyl pressing limited to 1000 copies. Includes 8 page booklet.

Double cd edition in digipak with 24 page booklet.

Pre-order for 27th November release.

According to the post at NWN that I yanked this from, the other material is Live in Zeitz 1990 which a) I've never heard of, and b) apparently sounds awful. Can't say I'm big on necro live recordings, but I absolutely love Live in Leipzig and for sentimental/completionist/novelty reasons will probably have to get this -- unless I find out they've remastered it into sounding even worse.

Paganitzu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:15 pm 

Spoiler: show

Repulsive Echo has reissued Gutted's "Bleed For Us To Live" in a six-panel digipak with a mini poster/lyrics sheet. Preview track here. Looks like an LP release will be following at some point. There's a shop link here (it seems to be for two items) and they also mention you can order by emailing them at the address on that shop page.

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:35 pm 

Just saw that Vic Records are reissuing Assorted Heap - The Experience in Horror, Mindwaves and also Jumpin' Jesus - The Art of Crucifying.
https://facebook.com/?_rdr#!/Vic-Record ... =typeahead

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:42 pm 

Oh fuck yeah, I've been hoping for someone to reissue Assorted Heap's stuff for a while now. Dreams do come true, even if it's every few years or so!

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:55 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Nice, I'll get this, it looks awesome. I'm looking forward to the new Deliverance mix.

Yeah, it sounds too cold and I'm sure it can sound way better. The new Still Life 5.1 version was awesome, so I hope this also rule.

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:00 pm 

Good find on those Assorted Heap reissues! It doesn't really seem all that clear when they're coming out though. Looking forward to them either way.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:56 pm 

Looks like Relapse is on a roll here, they're reissuing Opprobrium's (fka Incubus) first album Serpent Temptation, and it's remastered from the original recordings from 1988, not the shitty 1996 re-recording.

https://opprobriumofficial.bandcamp.com ... on-reissue

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:13 pm 

^ FUCK. YES.

Edit: "Voices from the Grave" sounds excellent. Once again, Brad Boatright steps up and delivers. He and Jamie King should be at the top of the list when it comes to these certain types of cult death and thrash metal reissues from here on out. It's a profound sentiment, but I don't see why Relapse shouldn't handle Beyond the Unknown as well.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Last edited by ModusOperandi on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritual_Suicide
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:18 pm 

Metal Blade is releasing a box set of Hexx's first two albums. Sadly it only seems to be available in Europe right now.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:12 pm 

Good news for power metal fans. I've always heard that those were some of the rarest albums in all of metal, so it's nice to see that they are getting reissued finally :). I've heard them before but it's been awhile, I can't remember if I really loved them as much as I've heard I'm supposed to hehe.

http://bravewords.com/news/angel-dust-m ... in-january

Quote:
Two of the rarest metal CD collectables in the world will be reissued with bonus tracks in January 2016 via No Remorse Records.

The first two albums from German speed/thrash metal legends Angel Dust, Into The Dark Past and To Dust You Will Decay, originally released in 1986 and 1988, will be reissued including many bonus demo and unreleased tracks, mastered by Patrick W. Engel at Temple Of Disharmony, in Germany.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:01 pm 

I've been a bad reissue thread curator but a) I've had lots of life stuff happening that's kept me away from the forums generally, and b) I've been out of the metal reissue news loop. So now I'm going to be lazy and merely copy/paste this Dark Symphonies/The Crypt post from the NWN forums. Really hope some of those vinyl-only deals somehow make it to CD format.

VINYL:

Quote:
MERCYLESS (Fra) Abject Offerings Official LP (CRYPT 67)

After 23 years, The Crypt is honored to re-introduce the world to one of the great lost gems of death metal from the 90's, "Abject Offerings" from French Death metal Act Mercyless!

MERCYLESS was Created in 1987. 3 demo tapes later [ "Immortal Harmonies", "Visions from the Past", "Vomiting Nausea" from 1988 to 1990 ], they recorded their first album "Abject Offerings" [ released on Vinyl Solution Records ] with Colin Richardson [ Carcass, Machine Head, Napalm Death... ] in 1992. This album was very well received worldwide and all these positive reactions were a great encouragement to progress in this infernal way!

This gem is presented in a 350 gram sturdy jacket with the cover artwork from the 1992 CD as well as 2 sided insert complete with lyrics, unpublished classic band photos and new liner notes from the band and Olivier 'Zoltar' Badin.

Limited to 500 copies, 150 copies will be on clear vinyl, 175 copies on black vinyl and 175 on blood red vinyl.

Quote:
MORBIUS (USA) The Shades Below Official LP (CRYPT 69)

The CRYPT is honored to announce our partnering with Legendary Death Metal act from Springfield VA - MORBIUS. For the first time on vinyl, we will present the band's cult debut 1994 album "THE SHADES BELOW". This amazing vinyl release will be presented in a gatefold jacket, complete with original cover artwork, lyrics, and new liner notes from the band.

Morbius is a death metal band out of Virginia, which was formed in 1990. A 1990 demo The Shades Below was followed by the Realm demo of 1991. Last World released the 1994 album The Shades Below. The band switched to Cyber for the next album. Sojourns Through The Septiac was issued in 2000 and re-released in 2005. Nick Mertaugh of Grand Belial's Key and Arghoslent was on guitar during 1996. This is mandatory listening for any death metal fan.

Limited to 500 copies, 150 copies will be on clear vinyl, 175 copies on black vinyl and 175 on gold vinyl.

Quote:
EXOTO (Bel) Carnival of Souls / The Fifth Season Official DLP (CRYPT 68)

The Crypt is proud to announce that for the first time on vinyl, we will release the 1994 debut album "Carnival of Souls" from Belgium Death metal act EXOTO! Also for the first time on vinyl, we will include as a bonus the band's complete 1992 Demo "The Fifth Season".

Exoto is a Belgian death/thrash metal band formed in 1989. Their sound was characterized by highly infectious classic death/thrash riffing and a vocal style reminiscent of the grindcore/death metal band Carcass.

Clocking in at over 70 minutes, this crushing release will be presented as a double vinyl release in a gatefold jacket, complete with original cover artwork, lyrics, unpublished classic band photos and new liner notes from the band.

150 copies will be on clear vinyl, 175 copies on black vinyl and 175 on red vinyl.

Quote:
SUPURATION (Fra) The Cube / Promo 91 tracks - Official Gatefold DLP (CRYPT 70)

The Crypt is proud to announce our partnering with French avant garde death metal legends, SUPURATION, to unleash on vinyl their debut full length concept album "The Cube". 21 years after it's original release, and having been out of print for almost as long, we offer this amazing gem on vinyl once again.

Often compared to a fusion of early Voivod and Carcass, this obscure death metal classic will be mastered for vinyl from the original 1993 DAT tape and presented in a 350 gram sturdy gatefold jacket with the original cover artwork from the 1993 LP, complete with lyrics, unpublished classic band photos and new liner notes from the band.

As a bonus, this amazing set will contain a second LP featuring the band's classic "Promo 91" LP which features all the band's early EPs, also mastered for vinyl from the original 1993 DAT tape .

Limited to 500 copies, 150 copies will be on clear vinyl, 175 copies on black vinyl and 175 on red / purple marble vinyl.

Quote:
WARGASM (USA) Why Play Around? Official Reissue LP (CRYPT 71)

The CRYPT is honored and privileged to announce our cooperation with underrated, new England thrash legends WARGASM! One of the most underrated bands from the late 80's, Wargasm had a unique sound unlike any of their peers. Often referred to as a 'Thrash Metal' band, and their music does contain elements of thrash, but the band has always viewed its music as a hybrid of thrash, traditional metal and the NWOBHM.

The band recorded their debut album, “Why Play Around” on PROFILE records in 1987. Due to personnel changes within their label's management, the album was not released until 1988, and never got the promotion it deserved. We hope to change this now with this amazing reissue LP.

Renowned artist Ioannis has supplied us with the original artwork for the WARGASM - Why Play Around? cover. Ioannis has created covers for the various rock acts he has worked for in the last 25 years including URIAH HEEP, QUIET RIOT, FATES WARNING and many more.

Presented in a glossy gatefold jacket, this amazing vinyl is designed after the original 1988 Profile release, featuring original cover artwork, taking elements from the original layout with attention to detail, even down to the logo and typeface for a touch of nostalgia. Also included are tons of unpublished classic band photos, flyers and brand new liner notes from original founding member Bob Mayo.

Additionally, lyric insert / album cover mini poster will be included.

Limited to 500 copies, 150 copies will be on clear vinyl, 175 copies on black vinyl and 175 on blood red / orange marbled vinyl.

PRE-ORDER HERE: http://www.darksymphonies.com/thecrypt/shop.html

Estimated release date is 3/1/2015.

COMPACT DISCS:

Quote:
NUCLEAR DEATH (US) Bride of Insect / Demos Official CD (Dark 48)

DARK SYMPHONIES is proud to re-issue the debut album “Bride of Insect” from Arizona cult Death metal act NUCLEAR DEATH! Also included are the "Wake Me When I'm Dead" and "Welcome to the Minds of the Morbid" demos.

Forged in 1986 in Phoenix, Arizona, Nuclear Death were one of the few bands in the genre with a female vocalist, Lori Bravo. Their style was compared to the likes of Impetigo, Blasphemy, Autopsy, Deceased, and Repulsion. Their first demo, Wake Me When I'm Dead, was released later that same year, receiving positive reviews from American and overseas zines. They were notable as at the time very few thrash metal artists had female singers. In 1991, the band released their more controversial work, entitled Carrion for Worm, which features vocals by Autopsy's Chris Reifert on two songs.

This ultimate CD edition features the original cover and layout as well as with classic flyers, exclusive band photos, classic interviews, new liner notes by bassist / vocalist Lori Bravo.

Additionally, a Japanese-style OBI-Strip will be included.

Limited to 1000 copies each worldwide! Stay away from BOOTLEGS! Support the band and official releases!!

Sound samples here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrRT3Xr83xk

** EXCLUSIVELY DISTRIBUTED IN THE USA BY DARK DESCENT RECORDS!

Quote:
NUCLEAR DEATH (US) Carrion for Worm / Demos Official CD (Dark 49)

DARK SYMPHONIES is proud to re-issue the sophomore album “Carrion for Worm” from Arizona cult Death metal act NUCLEAR DEATH! Also included are the "A Symphony of Agony" and "Vultures Feeding" demos.

Forged in 1986 in Phoenix, Arizona, Nuclear Death were one of the few bands in the genre with a female vocalist, Lori Bravo. Their style was compared to the likes of Impetigo, Blasphemy, Autopsy, Deceased, and Repulsion. Their first demo, Wake Me When I'm Dead, was released later that same year, receiving positive reviews from American and overseas zines. They were notable as at the time very few thrash metal artists had female singers. In 1991, the band released their more controversial work, entitled Carrion for Worm, which features vocals by Autopsy's Chris Reifert on two songs.

This ultimate CD edition features the original cover and layout as well as with classic flyers, exclusive band photos, classic interviews, new liner notes by bassist / vocalist Lori Bravo.

Limited to 1000 copies each worldwide! Stay away from BOOTLEGS! Support the band and official releases!!

Sound sample here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUeD2V_Yxr4

** EXCLUSIVELY DISTRIBUTED IN THE USA BY DARK DESCENT RECORDS!

Quote:
ACCESSORY (Ger) Within Your Mind + Demos Official CD (DARK 50)

DARK SYMPHONIES is proud to announce our cooperation with underrated, German Death / Thrash act ACCESSORY! Obscure, unique death metal with doses of ripping thrash that will easily satisfy all fans of extreme metal! Forget paying those outrageous ebay prices to get an original copy. We now offer this amazing work in its original glory once again! In addition to the full length release, the CD will also feature the bands' "Look into My Eyes" 1990 Demo, "Symphonies of Disaster" 1991 Demo and the very rare "Demo 1992" tracks.

The CD is designed after the original 1992 release and will feature a reversible cover with both the original independent release cover artwork as well as the West Virginia Records release cover artwork, taking elements from the original layout with attention to detail, even down to the logo and typeface for a touch of nostalgia. Also included are unpublished classic band photos, flyers and brand new liner notes from original founding members.

CD limited to 1000 copies worldwide! Stay away from BOOTLEGS! Support the band and official releases!!

Album sound samples here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY02cQGppJU

Demo samples here: https://vimeo.com/40455723

Quote:
WARGASM (USA) Satan Stole My Lunch Money Deluxe Expanded Edition CD (SSR-DOS150).

A complete demo anthology by the Boston power/thrash combo. The complete demo collection -- Satan Stole My Lunch Money, Your Dog's Teeth, Spirit in Decay and Gasm It -- recorded by Boston Power/Thrash act, WARGASM.

Track list:
01 Wasteland (1986 Demo)
02 Revenge (1986 Demo)
03 Sudden Death (1986 Demo)
04 Humanoid (1986 Demo)
05 The Rudest Awakening (1990 Demo)
06 I Breathe Fire (1990 Demo)
07 Dreadnaught Day (1990 Demo)
08 Blood Flood (1990 Demo)
09 Dead Man's Smile (1991 Demo)
10 Ugly Is to the Bone (1991 Demo)
11 Spirit in Decay (1991 Demo)

Last edited by DeathfareDevil on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
narsilianshard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:40 am 

Never thought this day would come, but Mörk Gryning's debut is getting re-released next week. No remix/master, just the same thing with an expanded booklet and whatnot. But the best part is, it's on Bandcamp!

http://records.eisenton.de/album/tusen-r-har-g-tt

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:31 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
Never thought this day would come, but Mörk Gryning's debut is getting re-released next week. No remix/master, just the same thing with an expanded booklet and whatnot. But the best part is, it's on Bandcamp!

http://records.eisenton.de/album/tusen-r-har-g-tt

I guess that's good news for the unkvlt people who didn't buy it back in the mid 90's. *smug*

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:54 am 

Hell yeah, I was wondering when those Nuclear Death reissues were coming out.

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:06 pm 

From Vic Records Facebook page:

Quote:
vicrecords will re-issue the 2 early 90’s cult albums from Belgiums (and partly Dutch) CHEMICAL BREATH on CD/ LP!

These much sought after albums will now finally be available for a normal price! Both albums ‘Fatal Exposure’ and ‘Values’ will have many bonus track (amongst others the ‘Brutal Violation’ (1990) and the ‘Beyond Reality’ (1991) demos! All will be remastered by Tom Palms, guitarplayer in Phlebotomzied! Plus tonns of old pics, flyers, live tracks and extensive liner notes from the bandmembers!

Check out the official facebook page for more details coming up soon:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chemical ... 9026691916

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:35 pm 

FUCKING. FINALLY.

Assorted Heap and Chemical Breath were two bands I was beginning to think would never get their albums reissued, but thankfully I've been proven wrong on both accounts!

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:20 am 

That is some good news! Though my collector frenzy days are past me or at least down to minimum these days, and I already have the originals, I'll definitely get those Chemical Breath reissues. The work and dedication put into it make thems worth it.
Seems like more and more Crypta releases will get prober treatment. Krhoma Death is coming, Agretator is coming. Would love to see an Amboss reissue too, just because I'm curious about what the hell happened to that band and the members.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:22 pm 

Yeah, it's about fucking time! Now let's see when they do come out, hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later.

CCSaint10
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:25 am 

Cool to hear about the Chemical Breath albums. Those albums are outrageously expensive in the field so this will be a good reissue to have finally. I do wish more labels would put out audio samples of the albums though, whether it be a single song or even just a segment. I hate to bring up the loudness wars yet again but that stuff just kills music and it'd be nice to know what a remaster sounds like before spending the money on it. Just a thought is all.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:27 pm 

Takng into consideration the Phlebotomized reissue, it will be loud!

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:40 pm 

Maybe if Vic Records joined the rest of us in the modern world and set up a fucking Bandcamp page, then we'd be able to get at least one song as a sampler.

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:52 am 

Yet another classic to be reissued:

http://www.centurymedia.com/newsdetaile ... dCompany=2

Don't know how the hell I missed this until now.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:15 am 

That's awesome but oh so ironic...

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:35 pm 

Speaking of Century Media:

https://www.cmdistro.de/Item/Sindrome-_ ... klet-/2683

Quote:
With SINDROME’s two studio recordings – the highly influential “Into The Halls Of Extermination” (1987) and its successor “Vault Of Inner Conscience” (1991) - timeless thrash/death metal masterpieces return as comprehensive official release, fully supported by the band and done in close cooperation with vocalist Troy Dixler.

The entire audio material has been carefully re-mastered from original sources to guarantee an optimal listening experience. Metalion (Slayer Mag) has written an introduction to the release and Laurent Ramadier (Snakepit Mag) has conducted an extensive interview with Troy giving you a deep insight into the band’s history.

As a special bonus, SINDROME have unearthed the lost track, “Brought To The End”, from the recording session of the first demo - an awesome track that now finally can be offered to the fans. In addition to that, “Resurrection – The Complete Collection” also includes a full bootleg live show from Chicago, 1988, when SINDROME supported Death on their “Scream Bloody Gore” tour. The show is unedited and has a pretty raw sound, but it captures the intensity of SINDROME’s live shows very well. It also includes the tracks “Surround The Prisoner” and “Psychic Warfare”, two songs from the very early days that never got properly recorded in the studio.

“Resurrection – The Complete Collection” is available as noble 2CD Digipak with slipcase and 36-page booklet as well as an LP with a 16-page LP size booklet and bonus CD (containing the aforementioned live show).

I was unfamiliar with these guys. Now I'm not. Sounds phenomenal.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:38 pm 

Yeah, Sindrome is very cool. First time ever on CD format too! Crap, where's my wallet...

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:05 pm 

androdion wrote:

Wild guess, but is it ironic because the band said they couldn't afford to get the Thrashaholic 3CD set pressed on anything better than CD-Rs a few years back, but now they're getting a big name like Century Media to do it?

I still don't understand why they didn't respond to Dark Descent's offer, that would've been handled soooo much better.

Spiner202
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:09 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
androdion wrote:

Wild guess, but is it ironic because the band said they couldn't afford to get the Thrashaholic 3CD set pressed on anything better than CD-Rs a few years back, but now they're getting a big name like Century Media to do it?

I still don't understand why they didn't respond to Dark Descent's offer, that would've been handled soooo much better.

Didn't that album get reissued every 2 years or so prior to Thrashoholic? I remember hearing about new reissues all the time, but never actually found one. I still don't have the album. Will definitely get this reissue assuming that CM can get some distribution in Canada.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:52 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
androdion wrote:

Partly yes, but my main point was that Thrashaholic was pressed like that because the band refused to deal with any kind of labels. There was this whole "labels are bastards that we'll never deal again with" talk from one of the band members that posted here at the time, and now look at it, they're actually dealing with a label and one of the biggest in the (metal) world. And that after screwing every one of their fans with CD-Rs that weren't even advertised as such. So yeah, this is very very ironic.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:29 pm 

Spiner202 wrote:
Didn't that album get reissued every 2 years or so prior to Thrashoholic? I remember hearing about new reissues all the time, but never actually found one. I still don't have the album. Will definitely get this reissue assuming that CM can get some distribution in Canada.

Yeah, but AFAIK they were all bootlegs and had really crummy mixes to them. Thrashaholic at least had some work done to it, even if that wasn't perfect (that tape hiss on the entirety of Destruction System is really odd and they just left it on the official vinyl release).

androdion wrote:
Partly yes, but my main point was that Thrashaholic was pressed like that because the band refused to deal with any kind of labels. There was this whole "labels are bastards that we'll never deal again with" talk from one of the band members that posted here at the time, and now look at it, they're actually dealing with a label and one of the biggest in the (metal) world. And that after screwing every one of their fans with CD-Rs that weren't even advertised as such. So yeah, this is very very ironic.

Ah, I don't remember reading that part. I wasn't a poster yet when that went on, but I skimmed through the topic.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:33 pm 

Well this was a weird and awesome coincidence. About an hour or so ago I was going through an old thumb drive full of demos I snagged from one of those few remaining blogs that upload zillions of obscure releases. Listening to (and really enjoying) Adversary's Remains of an Art Forgotten demo, I wondered if anyone had ever reissued it.

Lo and behold:

Quote:
Cover for the upcoming reissue on Dark Blasphemies Records of all stuff of this gods from sweden of 1990, 3 killer demos one of them recorded at Sunlight Sudios by Tomas Skogsberg.

Adversary - Forgotten remains of Death.Demo Collection 1990-1991

Mastered by Ted Tringo at The Ancient Way Mastering February 2016

It was posted by the Dark Blasphemies guy himself over at NWN, and the most recent post, from today, says, "booklet finished, more info coming soon."

http://www.darkblasphemiesrecords.com/web/

So that worked out rather well. I am appeased!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next