* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:33 pm 

From their Facebook

Spoiler: show
Heavy Metal Titans ACCEPT announcement!!
Our New Album “HUMANOID” is to be released on
April 26th 2024 with the first Single and Video unleashed on Feb 28th.
This upcoming 17th Studio Album has been produced by highly acclaimed heavy metal producer Andy Sneap and is already hailed by critics as a masterpiece.
Starting today, Metal fans across the globe can immerse themselves in the upcoming album on an interactive website, where they can reprogram the robot that is featured on the album cover, and discover different parts of the new record in the process.
To celebrate this Album we are also announcing a massive European headline tour with over 20 shows across the continent for autumn 2024 with more dates to be added!
We will also be storming the stages of some of the world’s most iconic rock and metal festivals, including Wacken Open Air and Hellfest, this summer!
Please Secure your tickets and mark your calendars because this is a tour you absolutely cannot miss!
Welcome to ACCEPT’s “Humanoid” Era!!
Pre-save “Humanoid” now to gain exclusive access to the interactive website and be among the first to experience this monumental release!
Link to the Interactive Humanoid Experience in the link HERE
https://accept-humanoid.vercel.app
This is going to be epic!
#accept #Humanoid #NewAlbum #MetalRevolution

Tracklist

1. Diving into Sin 04:00
2. Humanoid 04:35
3. Frankenstein 04:14
4. Man Up 05:08
5. The Reckoning 04:34
6. Nobody Gets Out Alive 04:06
7. Ravages of Time 04:15
8. Unbreakable 04:53
9. Mind Games 04:05
10. Straight Up Jack 03:27
11. Southside of Hell 04:56

First track.

I dig the song, I think the previous album was definitely their weakest of the Tornillo era but they have been really good since their return.

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:12 pm 

The song's fun but good lord am I sick of AI in music videos.

I'll still listen to the album when it drops, of course.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:04 am 

Solid song, for me Accept with Tornillo at the helm has been a consistent series of winning albums, and this upcoming one looks to be no exception.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:20 am 

The last two Accept albums have sucked ass and this seems right in line with that. Should've hung it up after Blind Rage.

Demon Fang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:13 am 

KrigareTjovane wrote:
The last two Accept albums have sucked ass and this seems right in line with that. Should've hung it up after Blind Rage.

And even Blind Rage wasn't much to write home about compared to the prior two. But yeah, definitely giving this one a miss.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:48 am 

Nah Blind Rage is great. Whilst the last too haven't been as good, they definitely didn't suck.

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:07 am 

Nice little nods to Metal Heart album on that cover.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:35 am 

hallowed78 wrote:
Nice little nods to Metal Heart album on that cover.

Yep. And in the lyrics to the single, Tornillo drops a nod to his TT Quick days.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:01 am 

Not bad but pretty stock - kind of stale and not really exciting either. Just stodgy. Feels like I've heard it already and done a lot better. The new Saxon isn't doing much different than this, but it sounded a lot more exciting.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:28 am 

Pretty basic Accept song. But I've enjoyed every Tornillo album from Blood of the Nations to The Rise of Chaos. There will surely be better songs on the album.

Evil Entity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:36 pm 

KrigareTjovane wrote:

The magical thing about opinions.

I thought Blind Rage sucked. The album isn't angry at all. Only good tracks were "Stampede" and "Dying Breed".

Meanwhile, Too Mean To Die was easily my favorite since Stalingrad.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:48 pm 

My two favorite Accept albums are 'Metal Heart', which happened to be my first contact with the band, and 'Blind Rage'. The latter is just so bloody solid and catchy as hell.

Also, U.D.O. kind of surprised me with 'Steelfactory' in 2018. So, stalwarts still can sometimes throw aces at us.

democracyiscringe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:53 pm 

So is the C-3PO on that embarrassing cover AI generated too? It's insanely visually offputting in a way my brain instantly rejects like most AI art I've seen is, so, maybe.

Song's eh.

idunnosomename
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:17 pm 

democracyiscringe wrote:
So is the C-3PO on that embarrassing cover AI generated too? It's insanely visually offputting in a way my brain instantly rejects like most AI art I've seen is, so, maybe.

Song's eh.

to me the hair on the heads looks like it's diffusion-model generated. I don't know about the robot, but there's enough work in the composition, especially the Metal Heart shape references, to put it in a league above shit like the new Deicide cover.

the cover is credited to Gyula Havancsák, a well-established artist for metal bands. They've done a lot of cool covers (I own a tshirt of at least one) but they do seem to rely on compositing elements from image libraries rather than painting directly.
https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... 3%A1k/7805

I agree with you it's visually offputting, but some of that is down to the pixelation of the faces, but that is ostensibly part of the concept than covering up something?

also the design of the robot is clearly meant as a reference to Fritz Lang's Metropolis, which in turn was the immediate inspiration for C3PO. There's some thought put into it even if I don't like it much.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:43 pm 

Evil Entity wrote:
KrigareTjovane wrote:

The magical thing about opinions.

I thought Blind Rage sucked.

Opinions, indeed.
"Blind Rage" is my fav of the Tornillo era by a fairly wide margin.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:45 pm 

It's been quite a few years since I heard it, but yeah Blind Rage had the best songs of any of the new Tornillio albums I'd heard. Maybe could've been heavier or something, but the songwriting quality was really strong.

idunnosomename
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:01 pm 

I really liked the last two albums, more than the stuff since the '80s. Though I am a big fan of Uwe Lulis

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:25 pm 

I pretty much stopped after Stalingrad, which along with Blood of the Nations is a great record. But the later ones seemed like more of the same and not great enough to make me say I had to grab them.

KaiKasparek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 am 

It's crazy to think that the Tornillo era has been just as long as the original Udo era.

Period

The greatest post in M-A history:

~Guest 21181 wrote:
The Legions of the Teabagged:
vacantmind - DURR GOATSE IS FOONY (If you meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus).

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:21 am 

i just said it in the older thread, but its weird that they were all doomer-boomer about technology in the last record and then heavily use AI art in the video seemingly unironically. i am so, so sick of that shit. it all looks the same, and that "same" is awful. the song is actually pretty solid, hoping the record maintains the quality of Too Mean to Die because i liked that one a lot more than The Rise of Chaos or Blind Rage.

Evil Entity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:26 am 

KaiKasparek wrote:
It's crazy to think that the Tornillo era has been just as long as the original Udo era.

Just happy Mark got a second chance. TT Quick was an awesome band.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:30 am 

Evil Entity wrote:
KaiKasparek wrote:

Just happy Mark got a second chance. TT Quick was an awesome band.

Indeed. "Metal Of Honor" and the EP are fantastic.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:15 am 

"New" Accept has been really consistently decent, but there's something about it that just doesn't resonate with me the same way that the classic albums did. I usually end up forgetting to check their new album until a few years after release, but it's all pretty samey anyway.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:22 am 

Zerberus wrote:
"New" Accept has been really consistently decent, but there's something about it that just doesn't resonate with me the same way that the classic albums did. I usually end up forgetting to check their new album until a few years after release, but it's all pretty samey anyway.

I think it's just that it's hardly even the original band anymore. There's no sense of real personality to it since it's just the one lone original guitarist and a bunch of guys who started playing with him 30 years later. It doesn't really have the cohesion of a band so much as a well oiled machine. There's just something a lot livelier and more exciting about Restless & Wild or Balls to the Wall.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:40 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Zerberus wrote:

I think it's just that it's hardly even the original band anymore. There's no sense of real personality to it since it's just the one lone original guitarist and a bunch of guys who started playing with him 30 years later. It doesn't really have the cohesion of a band so much as a well oiled machine. There's just something a lot livelier and more exciting about Restless & Wild or Balls to the Wall.

Yeah, the classics feel like a proper band who fine-tuned the songs together, face to face in a rehearsal space. The newer stuff, eeeeh it's more processed and feels like a "product"

Evil Entity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:17 am 

I like that factory approach to the music. It's very German. It fits with German heavy metal. I like that attitude. Clock in at the factory, new album. It's a very specific style of music that you can't really fool around with. Accept tried in 1989. When those Germans tried to get lovey dovey hair metal in the late 80s, it was BAD. Accept was not the only guilty party.

Additionally, Accept screwed themselves out of a reunion over 30 years ago when they gifted Udo with an album to start his solo career. Imagine if Tony Iommi wrote a whole record for Dio in 1982...."Ok, Ronnie! Go solo! Have fun! Talk to you later!" Udo has been in the power position ever since, built his own brand and does not need to fight with a lead guitarist and his wife anymore.

It could have been so more worse for Accept. Stabilizing with Wolf/Mark has been a blessing.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:01 pm 

I just wish they had an album's worth of songs as good as the Herman Frank debut or some of their old stuff from the 80s. I get the appeal of why they wanted to go with this more rigid, mechanical sound but it's not something that stuck with me over the years.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:43 pm 

I enjoy their modern "conveyor belt" approach but it's a far step below their classic era.

Both Herman Frank and UDO have been releasing really solid material for years now, that contends with Accept quite well.
(UDO's albums are usually watered down with too many songs/filler, but the good stuff is typically great.)

But it's difficult to envision another run as majestic and moving as Breaker - Restless - Balls - Heart - Roulette.

Evil Entity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:39 pm 

Frank's solo albums are weighed down by boring Rick Altzi and his Iron Allies project with David Reece was equally unremarkable. Again, if you don't lean in 100% to playing metal (that means metal lyrics) on this stuff, it descends into horrible rock cliches.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:26 pm 

The first Herman Frank album didn't have Rick on it - Jioti Parcharidis's vocals take that one over the top along with the completely manic songwriting. After that it got a little more ordinary, yeah.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:42 pm 

I still think Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad could go toe to toe with some of their best, but it’s felt like diminishing returns ever since. I don’t think they’ve outright shit the bed or anything but I’ve gotten rather bored of samey bands at this point.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:29 am 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
I still think Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad could go toe to toe with some of their best, but it’s felt like diminishing returns ever since. I don’t think they’ve outright shit the bed or anything but I’ve gotten rather bored of samey bands at this point.

None of their new albums are bad as such, but I feel like if they took the best songs from all their newer albums they could make exactly one really great album, but this criticism can be levied at pretty much any classic band still going in 2024.

Coastliner
Metalhead

Location: beyond the blue on some ancient, tattered Fates Warning cover
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:22 am 

1 Blood of the Nations (good songs, brilliant dynamic performance [e.g. "Kill the Pain", "No Shelter"])
2 Stalingrad (better flow than on "Blood", slightly less dynamic)
3 Too Mean to Die (nothing special but mostly rock-solid)
4 The Rise of Chaos (Why do "What's Done is Done" and "Worlds Colliding" have nearly identical chorus melodies and why do they remind me of the chorus [at 1:03] of this old chestnut from 1984?)
5 Blind Rage (too melodic / pompous / symphonic / choral for me; the usual hard edge is missing)

I like the new single. The songwriting is solid and nothing special but the pre-chorus riff featuring that old Sabbath / Slayer trill as well as the flow and coherence of the guitar work are, again, stunning. Top-notch musicianship.

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:43 pm 

I'm excited for this, Too Mean To Die was great, but Blood of The Nations is the best thing they've done since the reunion.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

idunnosomename
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:18 pm 

thrashinbatman wrote:
i just said it in the older thread, but its weird that they were all doomer-boomer about technology in the last record and then heavily use AI art in the video seemingly unironically. i am so, so sick of that shit. it all looks the same, and that "same" is awful. the song is actually pretty solid, hoping the record maintains the quality of Too Mean to Die because i liked that one a lot more than The Rise of Chaos or Blind Rage.

well they had prominent old man yells at cloud songs on the last two records. "Analog Man", which I feel was very tongue-in-cheek, and "Overnight Sensation" which was bit more pointed. But think the latter's an okay skewering of the pushed culture of becoming a big thing by going viral online. not criticising the zoomer generation directly, but what they're presented with by corporate social media.

agree totally it sucks they use shitty AI in the video, especially when they claim they're analog men!

KaiKasparek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:01 pm 

I say Stalingrad is the best. Blood of the Nations had some instant classics like Teutonic Terror and Pandemic but it was way too long. Stalingrad hit the sweet spot, and was a little nastier.

Period

The greatest post in M-A history:

~Guest 21181 wrote:
The Legions of the Teabagged:
vacantmind - DURR GOATSE IS FOONY (If you meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus).

Kalaratri
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:11 am 

Well here's another single:

Evil Entity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:47 am 

That right there is all I expect or need from modern Accept.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:49 am 

Kalaratri wrote:
Well here's another single:

It's OK but doesn't move the needle very much. But I like it for what it is. The soloing was the best part, IMO.

Reply to topic