Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:57 pm 

So does anyone know what is currently happening with these two bands. I remember a few years back Disgorge doing shows as To Violently Vomit and they were talking about recording a new album but I've heard nothing of it since. Does anyone know if this is still in the works?

I also know that Erik was working on a new Deeds album before he passed (RIP) and I remember Matti Way saying that he was going to do some guest vocals on it as well. Does anyone know if the other members were going to try to finish the album or if its all been scrapped entirely? I though I remember reading that Erik had most of the album written.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:32 pm 

From what I remember, there was a new Disgorge album written about 7 or 8 years ago titled "And the Weak Shall Perish." There were going to be nine new songs and a rerecording of "Deranged Epidemic," but none of it was ever tracked outside of preproduction.

About a year or so ago, it turns out they pretty much threw it out. Existing songs were either rewritten or scrapped alongside writing new ones. To my knowledge, nothing has yet to be officially recorded if they're even done writing yet. With Ricky in Suffocation for good, I'm no longer anticipating anything, but I hope I'm wrong.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:13 pm 

The new Deeds will happen eventually. I'm pretty sure it's mostly tracked. New Disgorge is probably never going to happen.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:32 pm 

I was considering mentioning the album Deeds of Flesh were working on when Erik Lindmark died in the thread about unreleased albums you wish you could hear.

I remember Fire for Effect was working on a full length debut when Erik Hoffmann died of cancer, but it was only half finished. The finished section was released as an EP over the summer. I wonder if Deeds of Flesh will do the same thing with the finished songs.

Reply to topic