Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:26 am 

They should have called quits a LONG time ago. Most of their stuff is bad and cringeworthy. I prefer their older stuff and even I can't stand that at times. Way too much cheese. Hell, power metal as a whole is hard for me to tolerate for long periods. I think Blind Guardian are the only notable exception.

That being said, I'd like to see them live someday. Always heard great things about their live performances.

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:49 am 

Festivus wrote:
I think Blind Guardian are the only notable exception.

Gods

Deathwish77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:49 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
That article about their jobs is one of the most blatant displays of schadenfreude that i've ever see in my life.. godawful :lol:

Last I heard Eric was a steel worker. A true metal warrior. His was the kingdom... of Steeeeeeeeeeeel!

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:39 pm 

this is right around the time that ross the boss has started playing his era of manowar stuff live with a band that NAILS it.
RIP manowar but we will survive.

GuiltySpawn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:55 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
The unfulfilled promises are just why they are so frustrating as a band. They're hailed as this super important, legendary band with this huge fanbase, but they've barely released anything in the last 20 years and what they do release is utter garbage and nonsense like Louder than Hell. I admit I haven't heard much of albums like Gods of War or The Lord of Steel, but honestly I wasn't terribly interested. The fact that they're hailed as the loudest band out there and this flagship metal band, but can never get a good guitar tone that sounds even remotely heavy, is part of it too.

Louder than Hell kicked fucking ass bro.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:56 pm 

It's total garbage. Not a single redeeming factor.

Master_Of_Thrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:13 pm 

Yeah, as infuriating and cheesy as they are, I enjoyed the shit out of Louder Than Hell.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:18 pm 

With the wimpy as fuck guitar tone, the so-bare-bones-they're-embarrassing songwriting skills and the lack of nearly any good hooks, I think it makes Sabbath's 13 and Priest's Redeemer of Souls look like brilliant works of art from bands in their prime.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:32 am 

Just wondering but do the songs on Louder Than Hell bare any similarity to the first 5 songs on Battle Hymns in style and/or quality?

GuiltySpawn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:23 am 

Empyreal wrote:
With the wimpy as fuck guitar tone, the so-bare-bones-they're-embarrassing songwriting skills and the lack of nearly any good hooks, I think it makes Sabbath's 13 and Priest's Redeemer of Souls look like brilliant works of art from bands in their prime.

Well you obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:44 am 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
Just wondering but do the songs on Louder Than Hell bare any similarity to the first 5 songs on Battle Hymns in style and/or quality?

Not even close, in my view. Can't really disagree with Empyreal about that album much, although I might not go as far as to say that it's total garbage, and I really enjoy Battle Hymns, myself. You'll find little excitement or vigor on LTH, and as Emp said, very bare-bones songwriting.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:28 am 

GuiltySpawn wrote:

So because he doesn't agree with you he has no idea what he is on about... yep.

If this were anyone else I wouldn't find this comment *quite* so laughable. But come on. This is coming from the guy who said harsh vocals ruin metal, Iron Maiden aren't heavy, posing doesn't exist, agrees with someone who basically said 'people who don't like Manowar are afraid of themselves' and yeah shut up.

I gave Louder than Hell a listen... kinda uncaptivating. Not horrid, but that doesn't make Emp wrong.

Last edited by Napalm_Satan on Mon May 30, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:30 am 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:

No, the songs on Battle Hymns are actually entertaining and good. LTH is pretty much heavy metal elevator music. It's ridiculous.

Last edited by Empyreal on Mon May 30, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:31 am 

GuiltySpawn wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
The unfulfilled promises are just why they are so frustrating as a band. They're hailed as this super important, legendary band with this huge fanbase, but they've barely released anything in the last 20 years and what they do release is utter garbage and nonsense like Louder than Hell. I admit I haven't heard much of albums like Gods of War or The Lord of Steel, but honestly I wasn't terribly interested. The fact that they're hailed as the loudest band out there and this flagship metal band, but can never get a good guitar tone that sounds even remotely heavy, is part of it too.

Louder than Hell kicked fucking ass bro.

GuiltySpawn wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

You said this. I posted it here a few weeks back, but it's far more relevant here. Emp's right. But the Brotherhood is proud of you.

GuiltySpawn wrote:
I take Manowar very seriously; I relate to their music on a deeply personal level. They're not corny, and they're not just meant for fun, ironic entertainment. Most people have a hard time accepting this, but I'm telling you, trust me, they are very serious about what they do, and the music they write comes 100% from the heart. Over the years the band has made it quite clear to critics and naysayers that there's no bullshit or irony in what they do.

Again, it really comes down to a cultural misunderstanding. In today's day and age, unfortunately, positive male attributes such as chivalry and honor are mocked and laughed at instead of being admired.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:55 am 

Anyone going to any of these shows? Would be nice to know if they go out with a bang or whimper.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:57 am 

Manowarrior-logic: blindly believe anything the band tells you. If the whole thing's a lie then you hail, kill, and die on that lie. If it's not, cause Joey said so, then other people are stupid.

I also heard Battle Hymns and it's not the legendary album I thought it was going to be. What it is though is simple, good hard rocking fun.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:35 am 

I enjoy the shit fucking out of Louder than Hell and even The Lord of Steel, but I can perfectly see that's why I just love the Manowar sound, I wouldn't recommend those albums to anyone. From an objective view those albums are half-assed efforts. That's fact. That doesn't stop me from having a great time listening to those albums, but that's only my preferences speaking. But anyway, Eric Adams is so good that he alone makes the album. Any album.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:04 pm 

Into Glory Ride is a perfect album. And it gets legitimately weird in places. They weren't playing it safe in the early days. Those first four albums are really something special.

SHAYL SHAW-YEE-OCKED!

GuiltySpawn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:44 pm 

Saying that Louder than Hell had a wimpy guitar tone and lacked any good hooks is just fucking retarded.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:41 pm 

The problem with Louder Than Hell was that it was the point in time where Manowar decided to stop writing riffs and instead started doing chugging on every song. I can understand why people don't like it, but I still find the vocal patterns and very minimal riffing to be interesting. The first 3 songs are super catchy, and the rest is definitely decent as well. The Lord of Steel is honestly probably a bit better.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:52 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Anyone going to any of these shows? Would be nice to know if they go out with a bang or whimper.

i intend on trying

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:05 am 

Quote:
The problem with Louder Than Hell was that it was the point in time where Manowar decided to stop writing riffs and instead started doing chugging on every song.

Yeah, imagine late-period Iced Earth, with 30% less complexity, and except instead of triplets, Jon Schaffer chugs straight notes for the entire album. That's what Louder than Hell sounds like.

Quote:
Saying that Louder than Hell had a wimpy guitar tone and lacked any good hooks is just fucking retarded.

"Return of the Warlord", "Number 1", and "King" are pretty fun songs. Most of the others are boring.

I honestly think both Triumph and Louder both have pretty bad production. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what's wrong, but compared to Kings of Metal, they just sound cold and flat.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:32 am 

I love this GuiltySpawn guy. You can see him lose his shit every time someone gives their correct opinion that post Triumph Manowar is almost entirely dirge.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:02 pm 

Terri23 wrote:
I love this GuiltySpawn guy. You can see him lose his shit every time someone gives their correct opinion that post Triumph Manowar is almost entirely dirge.

Yup, just proof of what listening to way too much Manowar can do to your brain.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:27 pm 

I honestly think Manowar peaked with Triumph of Steel. That album is godly and just about perfect, and has one of the most underrated drum performances in all of metal. Why they never kept "Rhino" as their drummer and brought back the inferior Scott Columbus I'll never know. But anyway, here's my thoughts on the post-Triumph of Steel albums:

Louder Than Hell - I remember getting this the day it came out and being really excited since I was such a fan of The Triumph of Steel. Unfortunately it was a big disappointment from the more serious and epic Triumph of Steel, but I do like this album a lot because it's fun and well written. "The Power" in particular is a fantastic song.

Warriors of the World - This one is kind of a mess. The production is a big step down from Louder Than Hell (leaving a major label will do that), and the tracklist has a terrible flow. I like most of the songs though, even the softer ones. But this album has no real flow to it, or a central theme, and that hurts it.

Gods of War - I know a lot of people didn't like this one but I loved it. I think it's easily their best album since Triumph of Steel and most likely the last truly great album they'll do. Yes there's a fair amount of "filler" intros/interludes, but I honestly like most of them and think they add to the storyline of the album. I prefer Manowar doing songs about fantasy and warriors than songs about how metal they are (even though those are fun), so that's partially why this album works for me. My main complains about it are the production being a bit lacking, and the drums sounding either fake or from an electronic kit. If this album was recorded using the production (and drummer) from The Triumph of Steel, and removing a couple filler tracks, it could have been as good as that album.

Thunder in the Sky EP - A nice EP, and feels in a way like outtakes from the Gods of War album. I wish they could have finished working on the full length these songs supposedly where coming from; it would have been better than what the band actually wound up releasing instead. The band claimed they ditched the remaining songs when Donnie Hamzik joined the band (which still makes no sense - especially since then went on to re-record Battle Hymns instead for no good reason).

Battle Hymns MMXI - As far as re-recordings go this isn't bad, but I'm not really sure why they felt the need to do it though. I try to treat it as just a different version of their debut, so I can enjoy it for that reason. It's nice to hear the songs with a beefier modern recording, but none of them beat the originals.

The Lord of Steel - As a Manowar fan this one really tested me. The mix is so terrible that it doesn't really make any sense, especially when you consider that Battle Hymns MMXI released 2 years prior sounded much better. I don't dislike any of the songs, with a handful being quite good, but none of them rank amongst their best. The band also wrote a couple songs on this album for the sole purpose to try and get on Hollywood movie soundtracks, which is kind of pathetic even for Manowar. Easily the band's worst effort so far.

Kings of Metal MMXIV - Another confusing and somewhat pointless re-recording, and even more confusing that it has a much better recording/mix than The Lord of Steel did. But regardless, I love the Kings of Metal album so hearing more modern versions of the songs is kind of cool. Of course I'd rather hear the band actually write new material than re-record the classics, but I'll take what I can get. This one, like the re-recording of Battle Hymns, is done very well and while it never beats out the original versions, it's fun to hear new takes on the songs. I don't get why they messed with the song order though... the original album had a nice flow to it and this new song order doesn't improve it.

Deathwish77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:01 pm 

Evoken wrote:
The Lord of Steel - As a Manowar fan this one really tested me. The mix is so terrible that it doesn't really make any sense, especially when you consider that Battle Hymns MMXI released 2 years prior sounded much better. I don't dislike any of the songs, with a handful being quite good, but none of them rank amongst their best. The band also wrote a couple songs on this album for the sole purpose to try and get on Hollywood movie soundtracks, which is kind of pathetic even for Manowar. Easily the band's worst effort so far.

Are they still stuck in the 80's because that's the last time I've heard a song by a 'true' metal band in a movie. Gummo is an exception of course.

Eulo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:44 pm 

Many consider that Manowar "jumped the shark" after Sign of Hammer, but that's not true if we think of the band's worldwide popularity. Their most high profile songs including Kings of Metal, Heart of Steel, Hail and Kill, Achilles, Warriors of the World United, I Believe and Die for Metal are all post-1984 stuff by them, some are even post-2000. Heck, WotW even managed to get exposed in a german POP show! You can argue if these songs are good or not (I think they are mostly great, and popular for a reason... just in a different way to the first 4 albums which are more "underground" metal), but denying their success of them is ignorance.

As for Louder than Hell, people might forgot that some of those songs were made in their so called heyday around 1986. Courage, which is one of my favourite Manowar song was a sample for Manowar "power balladry" what might have been the band's main selling point in the last 15/20 years. You gotta give some credit for that... Number 1 and Brothers of Metal are also 1986 songs just got recorded properly a decade later.

With all that said I have to agree they need to retire now. I consider Warriors of the World+Dawn of Battle as their last hurrah, since then they had promised a lot (Hammer of Gods, Asgard Saga anyone?) but delivered a little, and many of them are non-metal fillers (who cares about a poorly written Morricone wannabe stuff anyway?). And yes, I have to agree that Joey is an @ss. But musical talent and the later stuff's success are still undeniable.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:50 pm 

Deathwish77 wrote:
Evoken wrote:

Are they still stuck in the 80's because that's the last time I've heard a song by a 'true' metal band in a movie. Gummo is an exception of course.

Haha well I definitely think Manowar will always be stuck in the 80s in some capacity.

For more info on the songs they wrote for movies on The Lord of Steel:

"El Gringo" was used as the main theme to the 2012 film "El Gringo", directed by Eduardo Rodriguez and starring Scott Adkins. "Expendable" was submitted for consideration for the soundtrack to the film "The Expendables 2", but was not approved.

TrooperEd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:51 pm 

MawBTS wrote:

I remember when that came out. It was fucking depressing. I was never a big Manowar fan but I kind of wanted to believe the lie that Manowar could live comfotably despite limited success. They all should have committed seppuku after that leaked. Their public image never recovered from that.
I didn't know children book fans were so angry.

The Red Tower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:08 pm 

Evoken wrote:
I honestly think Manowar peaked with Triumph of Steel. That album is godly and just about perfect, and has one of the most underrated drum performances in all of metal. Why they never kept "Rhino" as their drummer and brought back the inferior Scott Columbus I'll never know. But anyway, here's my thoughts on the post-Triumph of Steel albums:

Louder Than Hell - I remember getting this the day it came out and being really excited since I was such a fan of The Triumph of Steel. Unfortunately it was a big disappointment from the more serious and epic Triumph of Steel, but I do like this album a lot because it's fun and well written. "The Power" in particular is a fantastic song.

Warriors of the World - This one is kind of a mess. The production is a big step down from Louder Than Hell (leaving a major label will do that), and the tracklist has a terrible flow. I like most of the songs though, even the softer ones. But this album has no real flow to it, or a central theme, and that hurts it.

Gods of War - I know a lot of people didn't like this one but I loved it. I think it's easily their best album since Triumph of Steel and most likely the last truly great album they'll do. Yes there's a fair amount of "filler" intros/interludes, but I honestly like most of them and think they add to the storyline of the album. I prefer Manowar doing songs about fantasy and warriors than songs about how metal they are (even though those are fun), so that's partially why this album works for me. My main complains about it are the production being a bit lacking, and the drums sounding either fake or from an electronic kit. If this album was recorded using the production (and drummer) from The Triumph of Steel, and removing a couple filler tracks, it could have been as good as that album.

Thunder in the Sky EP - A nice EP, and feels in a way like outtakes from the Gods of War album. I wish they could have finished working on the full length these songs supposedly where coming from; it would have been better than what the band actually wound up releasing instead. The band claimed they ditched the remaining songs when Donnie Hamzik joined the band (which still makes no sense - especially since then went on to re-record Battle Hymns instead for no good reason).

Battle Hymns MMXI - As far as re-recordings go this isn't bad, but I'm not really sure why they felt the need to do it though. I try to treat it as just a different version of their debut, so I can enjoy it for that reason. It's nice to hear the songs with a beefier modern recording, but none of them beat the originals.

Kings of Metal MMXIV - Another confusing and somewhat pointless re-recording, and even more confusing that it has a much better recording/mix than The Lord of Steel did. But regardless, I love the Kings of Metal album so hearing more modern versions of the songs is kind of cool. Of course I'd rather hear the band actually write new material than re-record the classics, but I'll take what I can get. This one, like the re-recording of Battle Hymns, is done very well and while it never beats out the original versions, it's fun to hear new takes on the songs. I don't get why they messed with the song order though... the original album had a nice flow to it and this new song order doesn't improve it.

Almost all of your points actually mirror my opinion on the albums except for Kings of Metal MMXIV. I bought this one when it came out and listened to it immediatly but couldn't make it through the first half of the album. I simply couldn't stand it! Went back to the store and was able to return it thanks to the broad-minded salesman. And that comes from a Manowar fanboy (though not a braindead one!).

To add my personal opinion for the discussion on Louder than Hell: I don't consider it their strongest effort but it's definitely not their weakest, upper middle I'd say. Plus there's a huge amount of nostalgia that connects me to this album as Return of the Warlord was the very first Manowar song I've ever heard. And I LOVE the atmosphere and guitar work in Today is a good day to die, majestic and relaxing!

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:22 pm 

Yes, I agree with Evoken's points. On Gods of War, under all that symphonic stuff there's great metal. The chorus of Sleipnir comes to mind. That's the first time Manowar tried to do something like this, maybe with another go they would have handled the symphonic elements better, who knows...
I really like the Thunder in the Sky EP. That's how modern Manowar should have sounded.
The Lord of Steel has some fun songs but sounds like a fucking demo. No excuse for a veteran band this big to have that sound. I have heard it lots of times despite this, I'm indeed a fanboy, with some perspective of course.
And the re-recordings are fun and interesting for fanboys only of course. I can't understand why they have re-recorded albums that were fine instead of Hail to England and Sign of the Hammer. Short albums with awesome songs, among the best Manowar has ever done, with horrible production. Would have been great having those albums with better sound and the more mature voice of Adams, as I prefer his vocals on the later era than the early one.

The song that got me into heavy metal was actually The Gods made Heavy Metal (and Iron Maiden's Killers) and I have a soft spot for that song. I couldn't fucking believe what I was listening back in the day.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:25 pm 

One of the interesting things about the production on The Lord of Steel is that, to me at least, El Gringo sounds very different from the rest of the album. As mentioned above, it was for a movie, but for that reason, it was also the first song they released from the record, which is why I think a lot of people didn't see the poor sound quality coming. Then the actual album itself sounded way different.

I'm also curious as to which version people have heard, because there really is a huge difference between the initial version that came with that magazine, and the version that was later released.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:38 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
You know, I woke up today late for work, with about a buck and some change to my name with less than 1/8th tank of gas in my car and two days to go until payday. Then I heard Manowar was going to disband. All in all it's been a good day.

Underrated post :)

The Red Tower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:40 pm 

Spiner202 wrote:
[...]

I'm also curious as to which version people have heard, because there really is a huge difference between the initial version that came with that magazine, and the version that was later released.

I've never listened to the "original" album and got myself the version with the bonus track. My contempt towards the sound has somewhat decreased but overall it's still... ... subpar. :nono:

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:51 pm 

The Red Tower wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:
[...]

I've never listened to the "original" album and got myself the version with the bonus track. My contempt towards the sound has somewhat decreased but overall it's still... ... subpar. :nono:

The original is absolutely awful. Even as someone who defends Manowar a lot, I cannot defend that version. But the one with the bonus track is definitely listenable.

A Backwards 6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:30 pm 

Desperta_Ferro wrote:
I really like the Thunder in the Sky EP. That's how modern Manowar should have sounded.

Damn, i totally forgot this EP, because EP's are easier to forget. :D

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:09 pm 

This thread has made me revisit Warriors of the World and listen to the albums I haven't heard yet. So far that's just WotW and Gods of War. I actually quite liked both. I can definitely understand why people looking for metal would hate Gods of War, but I really liked the orchestrations. Really reminded me of the Squaresoft RPG soundtracks that I'm quite fond of. Gods of War is a really atmospheric album and for the most part it's great. But again, if you're looking for metal, there's not not a lot of it, and what is there is for the most part nothing to write home about, so I can understand why so many people here think it sucks.

I'll report back when I listen to Louder Than Hell and The Lords of Steel.

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:26 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
It's total garbage. Not a single redeeming factor.

Well there was "The Gods Made Heavy Metal", which was OK, but then Gamma Ray did their own version called "Heavy Metal Universe" and theirs was way better.

Also, it leaves me with the burning question of how such an awful third-rate guitarist as Karl Logan can have such amazing hair.

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:51 pm 

Quote:
I was never a big Manowar fan but I kind of wanted to believe the lie that Manowar could live comfotably despite limited success

They absolutely could live off their music, if they wanted to.

Warriors of the World and Gods of War both charted at #2 in Germany. And WoTW it would have been #1 if Eminem hadn't just released his new album. Common sense alone suggests they've sold several million albums. They've played sold out festivals to tens of thousands of people (and wasn't MCF09 like eighty euros a ticket?). They're nowhere near as big as they think they are, but they're still pretty big.

But living off their music would require some changes:

1. Touring 100+ dates a year, across international markets

2. Releasing albums every 2-3 years

3. Scaling back on their expenses. I was just looking at the stage setup for their upcoming tour, and it's ridiculous. 300k watts of sound? 150 square meters of video screens? 100-person crews? Don't get me wrong, it's great that they're giving their fans a lavish show, but are you sure there's not a few corners that could be cut here?

Basically they'd need to become more like a real band instead of a circus act that burns through money by the ton. Joey will never do that, though, because it would be admitting defeat. They're earning lots of money, but most (or all) of it gets reinvested back into Magic Circle Music to finance the next tour, or next festival.

And about touring and recording more...well, it's no secret that the other guys aren't all that into Manowar.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:53 pm 

Woolie_Wool wrote:

Also, it leaves me with the burning question of how such an awful third-rate guitarist as Karl Logan can have such amazing hair.

Maybe he spends more time grooming his hair than he does practicing guitar. :lol:

But when I first saw a picture of him I thought his hair was stupid. Like he was trying way too hard to look like he has "majestic locks" or something.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next