Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm 

Polo shirts and khakis are crackerjack clothes UNLESS they contain an Official (tm) Manowar logo on them

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:08 pm 

Yeah, did Google search, and all I got was old bearded Swedish men in white sweaters.

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:27 pm 

The clothing in Manowar's online store is, as to be expected, occasionally very humorous and very expensive. I am particularly in awe of this shirt: http://www.thekingdomofsteel.com/t-shirt-born-to-rock/ - who in their right mind would wear that?

Sadly nothing in the "Ladies Intimate" section. I would think some "Pleasure Slave"-themed underwear would be a must.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:38 pm 

There are certainly meat heads who would love that shirt. Metal's equivalent of a juggalo.

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:43 pm 

I can 100% see that being worn at a metal show. Those are the kinds of people you don't make eye contact with.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:46 pm 

I'd order it if it was 25 and wear it to work.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:38 pm 

demonomania wrote:
Sadly nothing in the "Ladies Intimate" section. I would think some "Pleasure Slave"-themed underwear would be a must.

Other bands play, Manowar sell!
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:38 pm 

Even the intellectuals in Rush shill some shameless merch.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:44 pm 

Nobody buys records and bills must be paid.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:32 am 

Joey is doubling down on his refusal to admit that they did say they were breaking up. Now he's saying it's the fault of journalists for all his confusion. He claims that they created this story of Manowar breaking up to sell magazines. The problem with that is everything that made people think Manowar was breaking up came from the band's posts and what they stated in interviews. I really don't know why it's so hard for them to just admit they changed their minds.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/manowars-joey-demaio-we-are-not-retiring/

MANOWAR bassist Joey DeMaio says that the band is "not retiring," despite the fact that it announced its "final" tour more than three years ago.

Back in May 2016, MANOWAR revealed that it would say "thank you", "farewell" and "goodbye" to its fans on a world tour that would be "bigger and beyond anything" the group had ever done. Calling the tour "The Final Battle", MANOWAR said that the fans who come to see the veteran metal act perform would "be left with an eternal memory; having witnessed the band that has dedicated their blood, hearts, souls and every moment of their career to true heavy metal."

Naturally, most fans assumed that MANOWAR would never play again after the completion of "The Final Battle", but DeMaio has since clarified that the band has every intention of continuing for years to come.

Asked by Bulgaria's Z Rock Radio to explain the meaning behind "The Final Battle" tour name and to elaborate on MANOWAR's 2016 "farewell" announcement, the bassist said (hear audio below): "Thank you, thank you, thank you for asking the question. No offense, but some journalists, if they don't get the story they want, they create the story they want. Some journalists feel like they have to come up with something that's so 'wow,' the magazines will sell and people will really tune. And I understand that, because journalists make their money by what they write and photographers make their money by having a 'wow' picture. But I'm very protective over our fans, and when people write shit that ends up affecting and causing problems for our fans, I get mad.

"I've been writing a rock opera, rock musical — whatever you wanna call it — for a few years, and I said, in an announcement, we are going to be taking a break, and I said, 'We're gonna say goodbye for a while,'" DeMaio explained, using some of the words that were never included in MANOWAR's original tour announcement. "And that was somehow mixed and reinterpreted all over the world as, 'They're breaking up. They're retiring. MANOWAR's finished. It's over.' And I suppose [calling the tour] 'The Final Battle' didn't help when people wanted to really put wood on the fire.

"But the answer is: here we are," he added. "Yes, we are gonna take a break. 'Cause I have to finish this, because it's a special project very close to my heart and to the hearts of a lot of people. But, no, we are not retiring. I'm too young to retire. I'm like Peter Pan — I'm a boy in a man's body. I'm, like, 15 years old in my mind."

In a 2017 interview with "Outdoor Adventures With Jayson", MANOWAR singer Eric Adams said that he would "miss the big stage" after the band completes its final tour. He said: "This is it. We've got one last tour coming up… But all good things have to come to an end at some point."

MANOWAR released a new EP, "The Final Battle I", in March. Parts II and III of the trilogy will arrive at a later date, inspired by MANOWAR's adventures on the remainder of "The Final Battle".

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:49 am 

oh man. he's writing a rock opera... :/

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:52 am 

There's absolutely no chance of Final Battle parts 2 and 3 coming out.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:13 am 

aloof wrote:
oh man. he's writing a rock opera... :/

Don't worry, Manowar have promised several albums that never came to fruition. Sparing us all, mercilessly.

They're probably all already recorded, Terri. Ready to go... for anyone who still buys that crap.

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:48 am 

''I'm too young to retire. I'm like Peter Pan — I'm a boy in a man's body. I'm, like, 15 years old in my mind.''

At least he's self-aware of how childish he really is!

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:15 pm 

I just love how passive aggressive that article comes across :lol:, especially with "DeMaio explained, using some of the words that were never included in MANOWAR's original tour announcement" and how DeMaio's bullshit claims are immediately followed by that 2017 quote from Adams. Sounds like the people behind Blabbermouth are as fed up with DeMaio's bullshit as everyone else in the universe.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:02 pm 

Quite understandable. "Nah, I didn't say that, you dumb journalists got it wrong!!!" is the trademark bullshit excuse idiotic politicians and vapid celebrities spout every time they get caught saying some really dumb crap they later need to backpedal on.
Considering Manowar's well documented record when it comes to now walking the walk after talking the talk, being sick of Joey's shit is the most natural reaction to be expected.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:01 pm 

At last, the wimps and posers/Very Fake News! spheres have aligned. I would love to chat with a diehard Trump supporter who is also a 100% non-ironic Manowar enjoyer.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:48 pm 

Even though they're a disaster nowadays I'm actually very glad ManOwaR is sticking around. The world with trash ManOwaR is better than without them at all. The way they've gone about it is ridiculous but I can't imagine it happening any other way.

EchaWalki
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 am 

So Manowar just cancelled their show on Hellfest while being present at the festival. Grab the popcorn.

http://metaltalk.net/articles/manowar-c ... arance.php

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:45 am 

I know Karl Logan wasn't very interesting on stage, but my wallpaper is more interesting than the new guitarist. Well, maybe he just lacks experience of playing on the big stage. He might get better.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:47 am 

EchaWalki wrote:
So Manowar just cancelled their show on Hellfest while being present at the festival. Grab the popcorn.
http://metaltalk.net/articles/manowar-c ... arance.php

Wow! :-P

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:54 am 

BAIL!!! BAIL!!! BAIL THE BILL!!!

Other bands play, Manowar don't!

And so on.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:37 am 

I can't wait for Joey DeMaio's three minute long wrestling promo about how Hellfest was full of false metal or some shit.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 am 

Wimps and posers leave the festival!

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:57 am 

They should have booked Ross the Boss's band as a replacement.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:58 am 

Manowar Manowar canceling their shows
When they're in town, the shows implode
They act like wimps while pretending to be proud
Just true empty stages for Manowar's crowd

We're the kings of metal comin' to town
When we show up, we turn right around
Don't try to tell us that we're too loud
Cause there ain't no way that we'll actually play your town

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:39 am 

Acrobat wrote:

Amen.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:46 am 

They're apparently blaming the festival for not letting them put on "the best show" (strange how that reads naturally with Trump's voice).

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:20 am 

As someone who likes Manowar I don't understand the level of arrogance DeMaio has.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:41 pm 

Acrobat wrote:

Eric Adams to sing for them and we can happily forget DeMaio's Manowar.

Rocka_Rollas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:27 pm 

This is why I love Manowar :D it's just a non-stop flood of unintentional comedy

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:14 pm 

Have you guys enjoyed Ross the Boss's albums?

LefterisK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 am 

Quote:
Regarding Hellfest cancellation at last minute
So as some may know, Manowar decided 12 hours before their live performance at Hellfest to cancel the show at Hellfest festival, Clisson, France. This is one of the biggest festivals in Europe with 180,000 people over 3 days.

They promised last year, on the Hellfest Stage, that they would come in 2019 to "crack the earth" and make a great show.

Well they decided to cancel their performance the morning they were supposed to play and they decided to let down their fans.

They say it's Hellfest's fault but lots of people know that this is very very strange since everything was ready for them to play.

I was at this festival this week-end and like many people was absolutely shocked to learn this tragic news, that Manowar was not going to play. I thought at first that it was a joke, that they would come back for a true "surprise". But they didn't. They showed that they weren't trve metal after all.

I talked with a stage worker and stage manager after the 1st day at 3am going back to the camp and they told me what was going on. Manowar was going to get paid 600,000€ by Hellfest for their show. This is a huge amount but this is Manowar we're talking about this they were the head of friday line-up, so 600k euros is a price that makes sense to me. They are (were) the gods of metal after all.

Last week they contacted Hellfest and said that they wanted 200,000€ more or they would not come. This shocked the Hellfest staff to say the least. So in fact everyone knew 1 week before that is was already smelling really bad and the atmosphere was really tense between Hellfest and Manowar. Ben Barbaud the "boss" of Hellfest said they Manowar didn't leave due to a technical problem, but more of a contract discussion problem...

It seems Hellfest reminded Manowar that they had signed a contract and they even tried to give a little extra to try and make the band happy but they only thought about money and were too proud to come play and completely and utterly let down all their fans. I met people who came from Japan and Mexico to play at Hellfest... I was sad but imagine them ? They came mainly to see their favourite band and we were all so gutted.

It's such a shame to see how this band has evolved into business men. And what's sad is that the Manowar staff were on site the day before, and they were selling Manowar T shirts for 50€, which is $57 USD...

Lots of fan like myself are waiting to see what REALLY happened because most of us think that Manowar's excuses are bullsh*t, I mean we don't care if there's no fireworks or flames or whatever. Just come on stage, plug in the guitars and play some heavy metal.

Even acapella the band would have put on a show ! They are posers and left 60,000 people stranded.

For more, visit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Manowar/commen ... st_minute/

Yes it is.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:11 am 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
Have you guys enjoyed Ross the Boss's albums?

I was kinda meh on the most recent one but the first two are pretty decent.

[quote]It's such a shame to see how this band has evolved into business men.[quote]

It's an even bigger shame that they didn't even evolve to actually competent business men. At least this whole incident is making Sabaton look cooler for stepping up.

_flow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:29 am 

Manowar are preposterous and grandiose, but name me another band who has played all their albums in entirety for their fans, to the highest standard of performance? It lasted for over five hours, until the audience got tired... 2008 in Bulgaria.

Jebator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:33 am 

While money could definiely be a reason for the no-show, I have serious doubts that main acts for Hellfest get THAT much money.

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:04 am 

Say what you will about Sabaton, but the contrast couldn't be more clear between them and ManOwaR. ManOwaR bails because the stage is too small and they aren't allowed to play as loud as they want, then Sabaton comes and fills in even though a. it was last minute and b. their singer couldn't even make it because he blew his voice out. It's quite obvious where ManOwaR's priorities lie.

I also find it hilarious that they felt it was too small, yet KISS and Def Leppard didn't seem to have a problem with it. If those two bands can handle the size of the stage, I think ManOwaR can too.

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:16 am 

LefterisK wrote:
Quote:
Regarding Hellfest cancellation at last minute
So as some may know, Manowar decided 12 hours before their live performance at Hellfest to cancel the show at Hellfest festival, Clisson, France. This is one of the biggest festivals in Europe with 180,000 people over 3 days.

They promised last year, on the Hellfest Stage, that they would come in 2019 to "crack the earth" and make a great show.

Well they decided to cancel their performance the morning they were supposed to play and they decided to let down their fans.

They say it's Hellfest's fault but lots of people know that this is very very strange since everything was ready for them to play.

I was at this festival this week-end and like many people was absolutely shocked to learn this tragic news, that Manowar was not going to play. I thought at first that it was a joke, that they would come back for a true "surprise". But they didn't. They showed that they weren't trve metal after all.

I talked with a stage worker and stage manager after the 1st day at 3am going back to the camp and they told me what was going on. Manowar was going to get paid 600,000€ by Hellfest for their show. This is a huge amount but this is Manowar we're talking about this they were the head of friday line-up, so 600k euros is a price that makes sense to me. They are (were) the gods of metal after all.

Last week they contacted Hellfest and said that they wanted 200,000€ more or they would not come. This shocked the Hellfest staff to say the least. So in fact everyone knew 1 week before that is was already smelling really bad and the atmosphere was really tense between Hellfest and Manowar. Ben Barbaud the "boss" of Hellfest said they Manowar didn't leave due to a technical problem, but more of a contract discussion problem...

It seems Hellfest reminded Manowar that they had signed a contract and they even tried to give a little extra to try and make the band happy but they only thought about money and were too proud to come play and completely and utterly let down all their fans. I met people who came from Japan and Mexico to play at Hellfest... I was sad but imagine them ? They came mainly to see their favourite band and we were all so gutted.

It's such a shame to see how this band has evolved into business men. And what's sad is that the Manowar staff were on site the day before, and they were selling Manowar T shirts for 50€, which is $57 USD...

Lots of fan like myself are waiting to see what REALLY happened because most of us think that Manowar's excuses are bullsh*t, I mean we don't care if there's no fireworks or flames or whatever. Just come on stage, plug in the guitars and play some heavy metal.

Even acapella the band would have put on a show ! They are posers and left 60,000 people stranded.

For more, visit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Manowar/commen ... st_minute/

Τhis explanation sounds utterly ridiculous, 200 thousand more out of the blue when you are under contract? Please. And this comes from a "stage worker" ("and a stage manager", so which one is it?). Why would a stage worker and/or manager(!) know the band's fee anyway?

The story about the soundcheck and trouble with the stage sounds way more plausible. Of course this does not excuse Manowar one bit.

Vic's Dungeon - Remember the Fallen:
Jeff Hanneman: Evil Notes and Sad Riffs
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)
Holy Terror and Keith Deen
Roger Patterson (Atheist)

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:59 am 

In the same Reddit thread:

Quote:
Everything in here is utter and complete BULLSHIT! The guy that says he's working for a French local radio and that he talked with Ben Barbaud IS LYING, and so is this other guy here that says that he talked with "a stage worker and stage manager" and that Manowar asked for 200,000€ more. They are both LYING.

Here is a piece from an actual trustworthy article from leparisien.fr, that contains a real official declaration from Ben Barbaud himself:

" Ben Barbaud, the founder and director of the festival, told us his own a few minutes later: "The group decided to leave because of contractual disagreements between us. We did everything we could to accommodate them, we made concessions, and they felt it was not enough. In contrast to theatrical concerts, we have to act as a festival, depending on the bands performing on the same stage. We did not let go, the situation got worse and they decided to leave. To my surprise and to my regret, Manowar decided not to play. We did not push them out. "
The disagreement is not financial but technical. Manowar prides itself on being the loudest band in the world and the French decibel-limiting standards are becoming more draconian. Is this the reason? "No, because the group did not even have time to install its equipment," says Ben Barbaud, who does not want to go into more details."

Here's the link to the whole article, is in French, do an online translation and convince yourselves : http://www.leparisien.fr/culture-loisir ... 100075.php

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm 

I kinda don't care if Sabaton were great folks and Manowar acted like prima donnas. Manowar's (early) music is great and Sabaton are a joke, so there is no comparison in my eyes. I do feel sorry for folks who bought tickets and were counting on them playing though.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next