Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:15 pm 

Angel Dust? The archives says they're active, but they have put out an album in 14 years. I really liked the last two albums and would love to hear something out of these guys.

Lichen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:33 pm 

ScandalfTheShite wrote:
Darkwoods My Betrothed? Musta Surma?

Well, I kind of know the answer already: those bands are done. Still hoping for a glorious return of Barathrum.

You might want to read interviews on the new finnish black metal book "Pirunkehto".

DMB = new material "in storage" with a possible new lineup.

Musta Surma = new album already mostly written, waiting to be finished.

Barathrum = not dead either, demos have been made..

conquer__all wrote:
Finntroll

New material is being written. Source: Trollhorns Twitter.

conquer__all wrote:
Summoning?

There is an interview online from past autumn (in french if I remember correctly) where it was stated that they are hoping to release a new album in the beginning of 2017.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:44 pm 

fourrobert13 wrote:
Angel Dust? The archives says they're active, but they have put out an album in 14 years. I really liked the last two albums and would love to hear something out of these guys.

I wish they fucking would. I doubt it though...there was even a tracklist from them years back nothing came of it. I doubt they're really active.

Need4Power
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:51 pm 

Does anyone know why Manowar decided to call it quits? Is it just because they're old and tired, or is there some internal conflict within the band?

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:53 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
I wish they fucking would. I doubt it though...there was even a tracklist from them years back nothing came of it. I doubt they're really active.

I googled them and wikipedia says there was album talk around 2006, but it's safe to say that didn't happen.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:54 pm 

Around 2011-12 there was a tracklist for a new album released, but it got deleted a while later, so it was either fake or confirmed to not be happening after all.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:55 pm 

Need4Power wrote:
Does anyone know why Manowar decided to call it quits? Is it just because they're old and tired, or is there some internal conflict within the band?

There was a whole thread about these guys and quitting. No in-fighting was mentioned. I think they just want to retire.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:57 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Around 2011-12 there was a tracklist for a new album released, but it got deleted a while later, so it was either fake or confirmed to not be happening after all.

Gotcha. I never saw that.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:38 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
fourrobert13 wrote:
Decapitated is touring and still in a legal battle with a record label.

Are they? I had no idea. I kind of liked Blood Mantra so I hope it's not an eternal wait for the next one.

I haven't heard anything about legal problems either, but in their confirmation statement for next year's Bloodstock, they mentioned that they're in the studio, so a new album next year I reckon.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:44 pm 

lordcatfish wrote:
I haven't heard anything about legal problems either, but in their confirmation statement for next year's Bloodstock, they mentioned that they're in the studio, so a new album next year I reckon.

They've been in a battle with earache or candlelight records (can't remember off the top of my head). They pulled all of the albums off the digital market claiming they weren't being compensated fairly. From what I've read, they've done this a couple of times now. It may be over because the albums are back available now on bandcamp and elsewhere.

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:20 pm 

S.V.E.S.T.
Angelcorpse
Unpure
Bloodhammer
Monstrosity
Pagan Rites
Paragon Belial

????

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:45 pm 

It was Earache records Decapitated was suing. Here's the link to the legal stuff I mentioned earlier. They are very active on Facebook, but no news of any new material.

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just- ... he-records

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:10 pm 

What about Sleep and Om? I thought in something like 2015 both were supposed to release new albums. Sleep released a new single which is about to get repressed, and that was it, and Om didn't release anything. Both bands are currently active live, but don't seem to be making/releasing new albums any time soon.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:51 pm 

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Angelcorpse

Monstrosity

????

Angelcorpse have reformed and are touring again, and Monstrosity I believe is mixing a new album.

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:21 pm 

I would like to know what happen to Cephalic Carnage? They haven't released a new album in over 6 years.

SatanicDeathLust666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 am 

US Symphonic Black Metal band - Sothis

Released an album and haven't really done anything since I talked to one of their members though their Youtube channel and he mentioned a new album but that was some time ago. Have no idea whats going on with them now since it's been awhile I liked their first album would like a second

The Red Tower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:47 am 

For the already mentioned Savatage and Solitude Aeturnus: I'd definitely like an update as well or even new albums of course!

Anyone knows something about "John Gallow" (John Gallo's solo project besides Orodruin and Blizaro)? He wanted to release his second full-length in 2015 "before the end of the year". He even published an album title and cover art. I've been following his facebook ever since but not a single word about the new album.....

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/John_Gallow/3540383487
https://www.facebook.com/johngallowvioletdreams

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:59 am 

Temnozor?

There was some Gorgoroth-tier drama going on when the original lineup claimed the band name, and re-released their first demo. After that, all is quiet on both sides. I know the "new Temnozor" performed live in 2015 once, but the only recurring members were Rodoslav (the Ghaal/Putin looking singer) and the flute player. The rest looked like hired guns.

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:08 pm 

lupin99 wrote:
I would like to know what happen to Cephalic Carnage? They haven't released a new album in over 6 years.

They make festival appearances every so often. Not sure what's going on with them though.

hmi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 am 

Turd Blaster wrote:
lupin99 wrote:

They make festival appearances every so often. Not sure what's going on with them though.

They used to play local shows in the Denver area but that was a couple of years ago. I can't even remember the last time I saw their name pop up for a show.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:06 am 

Lykathea Aflame? Please let me they're still around in some way!

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:10 am 

fourrobert13 wrote:

Not sure what their status was before September, but their status is active because they're playing ProgPower USA next year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProgPower_USA#2017

Lich Coldheart
Stares into the Void

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:19 am 

What the hell's going on with Disincarnate? Supposedly they've been active since 2013 but there's not much info on them; Murphy's site hasn't been updated since 2011!
I like keeping my sword wet, like a young girl in her prime.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:51 am 

lupin99 wrote:

A little off topic but..
I remember one of the members of cephalic carnage (forgot who) posted 24/7 on the relapse board. Most of the time either arguing with others or trolling. Then one day, someone told him to shut the fuck up and put out a new record. After that he disappeared haha.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:53 am 

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Angelcorpse

????

Played Maryland deathfest,hells headbash, the metal threat fest in Chicago, and multiple other shows and fest this year. Possibly new material next year.

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:27 pm 

Anyone knows what happened to Menhir? Their last album, Hildebrandslied, is from 2007, and it is really awesome. Their facebook page and their web presence haven't been updated in at least three years, but they seem to be playing every year at Ragnarök festival, that's the only sign of living from them.

Whatever happened to Arathorn? While their second album was rather mediocre, their first release from 1997 is still a stunning piece of music for me to this day. No sign of living since 2008.

And, what interests me the most, is Rivendell? There must be someone here from Austria who knows Falagar??? The last album is from 2005. Whatever happened to him???

I was also going to ask if anyone knows anything about Caladan Brood, but while typing this i checked their facebook page and found a new post there, only three days ago, the first post in ~2 years. They're still there, and new material is on the horizon!

frostyj66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:06 am 

Neuraxis?

Last release was Asylon in 2011 which was a really enjoyable slab of tech death without indulging in wankery.

I know their drummer joined Kataklysm and their status is listed as 'On Hold' but I know nothing else.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:28 am 

frostyj66 wrote:
Neuraxis?

Last release was Asylon in 2011 which was a really enjoyable slab of tech death without indulging in wankery.

I know their drummer joined Kataklysm and their status is listed as 'On Hold' but I know nothing else.

Damn, I forgot about this band. Trilateral Progression is my favourite release by them but everything since has been good, too. I wonder what the deal is with them.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 pm 

Guys, any news on the Japanese melodic death metal band Intestine Baalism?
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Int ... alism/5810

frostyj66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:25 am 

MikeyC wrote:

Damn, I forgot about this band. Trilateral Progression is my favourite release by them but everything since has been good, too. I wonder what the deal is with them.

Mate same here, great album. I actually discovered them when they played Thought Adjuster on 3 Hours of Power/Full Metal Racket back in the day, been a fan since. I miss their vocalist from that album as he reminded me a bit of the legendary Sylvain Houde from Kataklysm.

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:29 pm 

Merlin? The metal-archives page claims they're on hold, but I've never actually seen an official statement from them or anything. Also, they claim to be one of the earliest death metal bands with female vocals (1992), does anyone know of a band earlier than that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlin_(metal_band)
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Merlin/632
http://www.merlinmetal.com
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

Grisly Bare
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:41 am 

Heathen? I believe they signed to Nuclear Blast and I thought they were releasing an album this year but that obviously isn't happening.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:04 pm 

Mirrorthrone? I know Vladimir released a new Weeping Birth album last year and mentioned on Facebook a few years ago that he was working on a new Mirrorthrone album but it has been quite some time since that announcement.

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:34 pm 

Peyp wrote:
Merlin? The metal-archives page claims they're on hold, but I've never actually seen an official statement from them or anything. Also, they claim to be one of the earliest death metal bands with female vocals (1992), does anyone know of a band earlier than that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlin_(metal_band)
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Merlin/632
http://www.merlinmetal.com

Derketa
Mythic
Nuclear Death

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:54 am 

Grisly Bare wrote:
Heathen? I believe they signed to Nuclear Blast and I thought they were releasing an album this year but that obviously isn't happening.

Its a shame that they have had so few releases over the years, because what they have released has always been great. Thank you for reminding me about them though. It's been a while since I've listened to them.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:57 am 

Seventh Void. Last I heard of new material was a Facebook post from early 2015. Anyone have any idea what Kenny and/or Johnny are up to these days, as I know they get involved in other projects?

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:00 pm 

Anata
Atheist
Cynic
Sleep

Hopefully news of a new drummer and album for Morbid Angel too.

Church13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:32 pm 

fourrobert13 wrote:
Dying Fetus? What's up with these guys?

They put out Reign Supreme in June 2012, then have been playing a new song live for about a year I think. It's on youtube, Induce Terror. Then in June they posted an album update video describing it and all this stuff but nothing more in 6 months

As for myself, Immolation's album was announced for November but still nothing.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:28 pm 

How about Samael? They had an unexpected return to quality with Above after two middling forays into electro-pop metal. Then they released Lux Mundi, which is one of the few times a band has completely gone back to an iconic sound of a much earlier album (Passage) and made something of the same quality (or close, at least) to that original album. And then...nothing since 2011 save occasional touring and a few references to a new album in 2014.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:11 pm 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:
Angelcorpse

????

Played Maryland deathfest,hells headbash, the metal threat fest in Chicago, and multiple other shows and fest this year. Possibly new material next year.

They announced recently that they're breaking up again next August, so probably no new material.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next