Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EssenceofLight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:43 am 

The metal band from Quebec City "Aeternam" will released their new album this year (or early next year)

Tracklist:

01. Damascus Gate
02. Paropamisadae
03. Sun Shield
04. The Keeper of Shangri-La
05. Fallen is the Simulacrum of Bel
06. Colossus
07. Nightfall on Numidia
08. Praetor of Mercury
09. Zadyin Arga
10. Ruins of Empires

And here's the cover art:

What do you guy's think about this?

For me I think it'll be an awesome album, I loved Moongod and been spinning alot of this album lately. Excited to hear the new one \m/

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:26 am 

Great news. It's been a while since their last album.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:25 am 

I used to like the debut but I didnt follow the band during the following years. This coud be a good chance of going back to them! :)

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:09 pm 

Their debut is one of my favorite death metal albums of all time - it's like if Nile went melodic instead of technical and tightened up their songwriting. Bummer they got dropped from Metal Blade so quickly. The second album was just okay, so I don't know if I'll be helping to crowdfund (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aete ... of-empires) this one, especially since they'll be wasting the money on a music video.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:52 pm 

Beyond excited, love both albums (though the first edges out the second.) Pretty pumped for more clean vocals too.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Kranos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:12 pm 

their vocalist is ridiculously skilled when comes to clean singing. They should bring this more upfront. The clean singing parts from Moongod gives me chills.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:29 pm 

New song/video!

Awesome lead folky melody, solid melodeath sections, cool clean chorus and the orchestral sounds aren't overbearing. Nicely done! That video sure went nowhere, though.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:52 pm 

Pretty interesting stuff, but I gotta say that verse section is boring as hell. The song gets way more interesting once the chorus hits and the instrumental section afterwards (love the cymbal work).

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:00 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
New song/video!

Awesome lead folky melody, solid melodeath sections, cool clean chorus and the orchestral sounds aren't overbearing. Nicely done! That video sure went nowhere, though.

They have changed a lot from the first work. They sound much more melodic, the oriental intro is nice but the rest is nothing special and I don´t love the clean vocas.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:10 am 

when they play kind of normal melodic death in that song they are really boring.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:00 am 

I enjoyed debut quite a bit, but after the let down that was Moongod and now this...
The video is just cringe worthy, really hard to watch without the words silly and goofy coming to mind - highly doubt that's what they intended to. Also the melodies, the way the clean vocals are employed... it became way to high in saccharine for what I can tolerate. And yes, they sound (in certain sections of this track) like so many other melodeath acts with no personality. Too bad, they are definitely skilled.

FunkyBurlin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:56 pm 

therealvivs wrote:
I enjoyed debut quite a bit, but after the let down that was Moongod and now this...
The video is just cringe worthy, really hard to watch without the words silly and goofy coming to mind - highly doubt that's what they intended to. Also the melodies, the way the clean vocals are employed... it became way to high in saccharine for what I can tolerate. And yes, they sound (in certain sections of this track) like so many other melodeath acts with no personality. Too bad, they are definitely skilled.

:lol: Almost every music video is goofy. I try not to watch them until I've heard the song at least once because it almost always shapes my opinions (usually negatively).

The album artwork looked really cool and made me check this song out. I've never heard them before now. Based on their new song I don't feel to impressed. I don't hate it, but I feel like there are bands that do this better.

I just listened to a few random snipits of their album Diciples of The Universe. This definitely is punchier and has more weight behind it, at least for my tastes. But already I noticed them noodling around in that same scale as they do in the new single. Hmmm

Ultimately I'd rather go listen to Rotting Christ. :headbang:

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:52 pm 

I like the songs and this band, but the verse riffs are definitely weaksauce. Will still listen to the entire album and probably love it.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:31 pm 

Yeah agreed about the verse riffs being lame, really felt like filler within the song itself, but the chorus and the instrumental parts were cool. I should check out previous albums, I guess!

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:41 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Yeah agreed about the verse riffs being lame, really felt like filler within the song itself, but the chorus and the instrumental parts were cool. I should check out previous albums, I guess!

Check out the debut iamntbatman, its great.

Reply to topic