Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:50 am 

again incorrect, again incorrect again incorrect again incorrect
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:27 pm 

I think all of this legal back-and-forth is detracting from the original point of the thread -- that Ascension Monuments has massively embarrassed themselves with the JI bootlegs, and that Nachtmystium sucks.

Source: I'm a world-renowned neurosurgeon.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:28 pm 

It hasn't detracted from anything, there's 14 pages of that nonsense.

Source; my eyes.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:31 pm 

Knucklehead wrote:
Source: I am a lawyer with over 20 years of experience.

Then you clearly aren’t a lawyer in this field. The Taurus claim was that LZ stole music to make their song and...

Covering an artist is not a crime. Stealing material and claiming it as your own is. End of story.

That said, let’s get this thread back on topic...

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:33 pm 

So uum.. anyone receive any damaged '''deluxe''' Juddas Iscariot boxsets yet?

nuklearkrieg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:14 am 

*Adjusts glasses* Nachtmystium is indeed shit.

Kodex
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:36 pm 

With the internet these days I find it strange to see people so ill-informed as a quick Google search will probably give you links to dozen of sites who will explain to you in clear language that yes, publishing a cover without permission can be a violation of copyrights. Posting a cover on youtube of you and your guitar is usually a copyright violation unless you had permission first, although technically, Youtube may have some licences already on hand. "But youtube is filled of such covers!" Yeah because nobody bothers. It's more like free publicity. What's the damage here? But it's usually in violation of IP rights and if you own the rights you can ask youtube to remove it and they will, simple as that. I'm sure Lars does it on his free time, brings him back to the good Napster days!

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:39 pm 

You are wrong. You never need permission to publish or perform a cover song--as long as a few requirements are met (don't know why we have to go over this again and again). Royalties are collected by the PRO on behalf of the rights holders, circumventing this entire issue. In fact it is impossible to make claims against a registered cover in attempt to get it removed in any way possible, from a legal point of view, because there are specific protections in place just for this reason.

YouTube hands out copystrike violations like they are candy, much of the time unwarranted and without validation. This is a very bad example to use to try to prove your point, which isn't even correct in the first place. This also has to do with their own company terms of service, and not in the least about the letter of the law. You should do some basic research on the different types of licenses that musical artists can use, because this would clear the confusion right away. Please learn the difference between a synch license, a mechanical license and most importantly, a compulsory licence. Look that last one up.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:05 pm 

again, incorrect.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:28 pm 

Do that "again, incorrect" bullshit again, and you will be tossed. It's annoying and obnoxious as hell.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:00 am 

I mean his name is Knucklehead I assume he's just spewing verbal diarrhea for the sake of getting his sick twisted rocks off right? Sounds like a knucklehead to me.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:09 am 

Guys, please - this topic is the *only* source of worthwhile info about the ongoing AMM shitfest left that I'm aware of; let's try to keep it alive and thriving.
Not trying to mini-mod or anything, it's a heartfelt personal request of mine. Ripoffs and scammers need to be exposed, and no, there's no such thing as "by this point everybody knows", or else AMM would have never existed to begin with.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:43 am 

^ Seconded

Sure been awfully quiet in the AMM 'business vaults' as of late. Hey Blake, why don't you put down that mop and type out some more drug-fueled incoherent drivel about how 'the customers are ultimately responsible for all the delays and damaged goods because of PayPal claims and internet gossip!'

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:27 am 

Some may not have known, but it is hard to believe the people aware of and wanting to order some underground black metal don't know about Blake Judd's history. I mean we have the Nuclear War Now owner repeating history that he was central to years ago. That's the ultimate sin right there. Or stupidity.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:07 pm 

To be fair, Blake's involvement with AMM wasn't clear to everyone from the beginning. I ordered an early Leviathan CD because I had had no idea. I got it ok (beyond taking a while), but wouldn't have done so if I knew then what I know now. So this thread is important as a repository of info.

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:08 pm 

Auch wrote:
To be fair, Blake's involvement with AMM wasn't clear to everyone from the beginning. I ordered an early Leviathan CD because I had had no idea. I got it ok (beyond taking a while), but wouldn't have done so if I knew then what I know now. So this thread is important as a repository of info.

This is true, I didn't know about his involvement in AMM until I got an email that said "Blake Judd just sent you a package, here's your tracking number". It was the Twilight 2xCD compilation and it was a shitty digipack with the CD's sourced from mp3 files but I got it a week later. If I had known he was behind all of this I would have never ordered it.

nuklearkrieg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:43 pm 

Agreed. Also, when the JI releases were announced, it wasn't clear whether Akhenaten was involved or not (although in retrospect it should have been obvious). People were getting their stuff and AMM seemed to be collaborating with Leviathan, a super reputable artist. The scam was only exposed when people were able to collectively demonstrate their stuff was garbage. Akhenaten was even able to use the site to make it known that the stuff was a bootleg. Threads like these are invaluable for people to file disputes and sink these frauds.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:16 am 

^^^^^ What the above postersd said.

I mentioned this before, but I'll reiterate: I didn't know AMM was connected to Judd myself before I ordered the first two Leviathan reissues; I thought it was something Jef Whitehead was operating to rerelease his material, since it wasn't long before or after his whole dispute with Moribund concerning vinyl reissues became public, and also because those Leviathan cds were all AMM had released up to that point. I would have never bothered otherwise.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:42 am 

I did a little digging when they first cropped up and discovered that Judd was behind it, this was also around the time Nachtmystium were playing their first live shows since reforming and there were all the stories about how he was "trying to make good," paying people back that he'd ripped off in the past, etc. I was still wary and got in touch with someone who was once very close to Judd and was very vocal about his subsequent dislike after the whole self-immolation happened. I asked what was going on and he assured me it was on the up-and-up, that Blake had gone above and beyond in an effort to make amends, that as far as he was concerned AMM was a legitimate endeavor.

Of course this is when the first pressing of that Leviathan compilation was released and before it all came tumbling down in the past couple of months. I haven't contacted him since all this came to light, I wonder what his take would be.

Also also, I've been keeping an eye on that ebay account that's registered to Blake's girlfriend. Only one "neutral" feedback, no negatives, which is surprising. Also I saw they sold two of the test pressings for the Leviathan record, one for $285 usd and the other for $500 usd. I bet those buyers sure feel silly nowadays.

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:55 am 

When you're Blake and you run out of original Leviathan - Withered.. sleeves because half the stuff you ship is scratched to shit and / or has burn marks all over so you have to cut 'n paste your own record sleeve. Pay close attention to that cut-out of the crescent moon, this is incredibly entertaining:

"...cool DIY flare, intentionally high quality, no corners cut..."

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:50 am 

They play by the books alright.

HaisingRell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:41 am 

Just to add a weird thing I noticed from Carcosa PR (AMM’s pr guy Nic Huber).

Carcosa claim in the below post that AMM was founded by “art collectors Austin & Noel Albrektsson in May 2017.”

https://carcosapr.com/post/167512865828 ... ique-music

Later MetalSucks (for whom Nic Huber writes) ran an AMM promo that described AMM as being founded by “art collector Noel Blaney.” Noel Blaney is widely held now to be a name used by Erica Noel Blaney, Blake Judd’s girlfriend.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/03/28/co ... nts-media/

So I guess this becomes a challenge for Carcosa PR. Nic, can you show us Austin and Noel Albrektsson genuinely exist and that your company’s PR statement was truthful?

Or were you in on the scam from the start?

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:45 am 

Sonic_Titan wrote:
When you're Blake and you run out of original Leviathan - Withered.. sleeves because half the stuff you ship is scratched to shit and / or has burn marks all over so you have to cut 'n paste your own record sleeve. Pay close attention to that cut-out of the crescent moon, this is incredibly entertaining:

"...cool DIY flare, intentionally high quality, no corners cut..."

I hadn't even noticed it at first, then I took a closer look and burst into a fit of laughter that nearly knocked me off my chair, honest.

"The gift that keeps on giving" has never been a more appropriate description than here and now, and that also goes for the umpteenth Discogs rant that Epicureo shared. This whole ordeal will go down in history, guaranteed.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:58 am 

HaisingRell wrote:
Just to add a weird thing I noticed from Carcosa PR (AMM’s pr guy Nic Huber).

Carcosa claim in the below post that AMM was founded by “art collectors Austin & Noel Albrektsson in May 2017.”

https://carcosapr.com/post/167512865828 ... ique-music

Later MetalSucks (for whom Nic Huber writes) ran an AMM promo that described AMM as being founded by “art collector Noel Blaney.” Noel Blaney is widely held now to be a name used by Erica Noel Blaney, Blake Judd’s girlfriend.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/03/28/co ... nts-media/

So I guess this becomes a challenge for Carcosa PR. Nic, can you show us Austin and Noel Albrektsson genuinely exist and that your company’s PR statement was truthful?

Or were you in on the scam from the start?

Ha! This is rich... I wonder if the guys that run MetalSucks realize that Carcosa PR used their site to help push this scam? That’s the problem in having a PR person writing content for a publication. Too many chances for them to “sell” instead of being a real journalist.

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:00 pm 

the metalsucks crowd have been on the record as being longtime dicksuckers of blake, i'm sure they've been aware of the ownership since the beginning. blake knew he had an easy-in with them which is probably why they featured them in the first place.

i don't recall MS ever covering or taking a definitive stance the last time blake was running scams, and it speaks volumes that they remain silent on this now as well (not to mention any other outlet, for that matter). they seem like the sort to romanticize addiction and general depravity so i'm not surprised.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:47 pm 

I just looked through all of MS' Blake Judd stories to try to prove you wrong, but it's actually pretty accurate that they've mostly completely avoided the negatives. They've given Nachtmystium an absolutely absurd amount of positive coverage, interviews, reviews, benefits of the doubt over the years. Anyone tried emailing them about this story and asking directly why they aren't covering it? They're usually pretty responsive.

HaisingRell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:40 pm 

Epicureo wrote:

The notion that Erica Blaney has known Andrew Harris for 20+ years is laughable given that 20yrs ago she wasn’t even in ‘big school’ and AH was in his early twenties. Roughly speaking, when Andrew Harris recorded the first Sarcophagus demo in Chicago, ‘Noel’ was in California and in pre-k.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:52 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
I just looked through all of MS' Blake Judd stories to try to prove you wrong, but it's actually pretty accurate that they've mostly completely avoided the negatives. They've given Nachtmystium an absolutely absurd amount of positive coverage, interviews, reviews, benefits of the doubt over the years. Anyone tried emailing them about this story and asking directly why they aren't covering it? They're usually pretty responsive.

I emailed them a few months ago on it.

Did not get a response. No shock, they are scum themselves.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:09 pm 

Epicureo wrote:

Should be pretty easy to back up these claims and prove they have permission to make and sell these JI reissues. I mean, given Judas Iscariot's position in USBM, Akhenaten'a history of being reserved and staying out of the black metal scene, and the history of his album's being bootlegged, they surely did what all legitimate businesses do and wrote up a contract and have proof to substantiate their claims...

Last edited by Auch on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuklearkrieg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:08 pm 

metalsucks is shit, just saying

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:25 am 

It's just funny to me that they won't talk about what Blake is doing currently... They did such a positive write up of his return to metal but nothing about this??? Why, MetalSucks?

HaisingRell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:20 am 

(Some of) Nic Huber’s roles according to Facebook
- writer at metalSucks
- writer at metal injection
- runs Carcosa PR
- marketing for Eisenwald

And a couple of more recent roles

- manager of Hate Meditation
- manager of Nachtmystium

So come on Nic, you’ve even posted before in this thread. Tell the fans what’s going on. Is Blake paying you with money from pre-orders he has no intention of sending?

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:31 am 

I want to BlakeCrush II t-shirt!

On a sidenote: YK just mentioned thinking legal action is the only way to get some of the money back because Blake is still ignoring him as well.

Mass Suicide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:31 am 

It's funny how both sides of this drama are full of double standards. Maybe they will accidentally agree at one point?

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 pm 

Mass Suicide wrote:
It's funny how both sides of this drama are full of double standards. Maybe they will accidentally agree at one point?

oh, this definitely deserves an explanation

Mass Suicide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:28 pm 

I am talking about BJ, AAM, MS, NWN etc. Quick with pointing fingers at others but all full of double standards when they fuck up themselves.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:46 pm 

I, for one, hope YK does take legal action. I posted this on NWN but he certainly has the best chance of getting these guys as he was (most likely) the one most invested ($$$) in the project. Nic is obviously conspiring with Blake Judd to defraud the public by releasing false statements about who the label was founded by. Blake has obviously scammed big time money out of the scene (once again).

While I do find the threads funny and it's always a great laugh to make fun of the situation, I do hope that they get what they deserve.

It's also pretty hilarious that Everflowingstream sent MS the story and got no response, only for us to track down that Nic works for MS and Metal Injection. MS loves to "stand for something" - "Kick Set Teitan out of Watain! Marduk are racists!" but when one of their own is scamming their readers, they suddenly have nothing to say. :lol:

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:50 pm 

Bingewolf wrote:
I, for one, hope YK does take legal action. I posted this on NWN but he certainly has the best chance of getting these guys as he was (most likely) the one most invested ($$$) in the project. Nic is obviously conspiring with Blake Judd to defraud the public by releasing false statements about who the label was founded by. Blake has obviously scammed big time money out of the scene (once again).

While I do find the threads funny and it's always a great laugh to make fun of the situation, I do hope that they get what they deserve.

It's also pretty hilarious that Everflowingstream sent MS the story and got no response, only for us to track down that Nic works for MS and Metal Injection. MS loves to "stand for something" - "Kick Set Teitan out of Watain! Marduk are racists!" but when one of their own is scamming their readers, they suddenly have nothing to say. :lol:

but sadly people will keep supporting all the tastemaker zines with their week early "full album stream premier" nonsense.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:20 pm 

Bingewolf wrote:

This, this, this.
Textbook spineless hypocrites, always ready to dish it out (whether the issue actually even exists or not) whenever there's a chance to generate more revenue through web traffic, only to pretend everything is fine and dandy when they find themselves at the wrong end of the outrage stick. Disgusting, despicable behavior. Fuck them all, once more.

I hope Yosuke takes legal action and gets his share back as well; I may strongly disagree with the stances he's been taking, but I'll never side with a shameless scamming parasite.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:57 pm 

Pretty sure MetalSucks is also extremely anti-physical media of any kind, and any statement would be full of lines like "why don't these idiots get with the times and use Spotify?" Granted, I stopped following them a year or so ago, after they included cell phone camera footage of Bill Tolley (Internal Bleeding drummer & firefighter) falling to his death, so I might be out of the loop...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next