Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bates
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:49 pm 

Metal's all about not putting up with shit from assholes. Why you'd think racists would be some kind of special snowflake asshole is beyond me.

Mass Suicide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:32 am 

Bates wrote:
Metal's all about not putting up with shit from assholes.

Really, since when? Where was that written and by whom, maybe an asshole himself? Because I always thought it's about loud guitars, long hair, dungeons and dragons.

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:10 am 

now this is getting stupid.

I've never given a shit about Nacht-whatever, never owned any albums, never will. Don't particularly care about what he's done now for that matter.

But it's drawing a very long bow to align whatever this whole clusterfuck is with the moderation policy on the NWN forum, or even more stupidly drawing inferences about the beliefs of the people who run the label based on what people discuss there . In it's own way it's quite tightly moderated - posts must be about music. Doesn't matter what the politics behind the music is, just talk about music. You can talk about Skrewdriver album X is better that panzerUFOkommandant album y till the cows come home, but threads about anything other than music get shut down quicksmart. Plenty of discussion of (surprisingly enough) Christian and Leftist bands as well - as long as the discussion centers around music rather than politics it's open for discussion.

I don't have a dog in that fight whatsoever - just the same way I don't gripe about the moderation policy here over on that board....or here for that matter. I've been posting on that board for over a decade and releasing records on the label for as long, and like anywhere and anything you have the choice not to participate in discussions where you have nothing to gain and no input to make. Who gives a shit if people I don't know are discussing albums I won't buy by bands I couldn't give a fuck about - I'm not going to cast aspersions because the band/album in question has dodgy politics. turn the page, switch the channel, you are grown men and women with the power of discernment....or at least so I had assumed from the safety of my armchair here in Australia but looking at the mass brain meltdown so many parts of the world seem to be having right now maybe I'm not so sure on reflection.

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:51 am 

This thread isn’t about what gets posted on NWN... It’s about Nachtmystium/Blake Judd/AMM.

Which, BTW, it seems oddly quiet on the AMM front. Sept 11 came and went without any pageantry about those releases. Blake is staying pretty quiet (from what I can see). Would be curious if anyone actually got their LPs.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:43 pm 

Bingewolf wrote:
Would be curious if anyone actually got their LPs.

Not only you, kiddo. Not only you.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:43 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Bingewolf wrote:
Would be curious if anyone actually got their LPs.

Not only you, kiddo. Not only you.

Oh, I certainly didn't waste my time or money on them... :lol:

Luckily I found out it was Blake Judd before I got excited about these!

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:06 am 

I am almost certain those JI records that were supposed to come out a month ago don't even exist yet. A good indicator of availability / existence is usually a Discogs entry, but none of those intentionally high quality deluxe boxsets have been added yet.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:48 am 

By this point I'd be surprised if they ever materialized at all. I don't know how much the Nachmtmystium-Prophecy connection might have to do with this (the timing may well be completely coincidental) but the dead silence from AMM makes me guess priorities have changed.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:43 am 

well, Erika Noel or Blake (whichever actually does the comments on discogs) just unleashed another epic meltdown today

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:22 am 

Mass Suicide wrote:
Because I always thought (metal) is about loud guitars, long hair, dungeons and dragons.

lol this explains so much now. Quit shilling for racists and go back to your DnD.

Ludicus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:23 am 

Quote:
well, Erika Noel or Blake (whichever actually does the comments on discogs) just unleashed another epic meltdown today

Screenshots?

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:32 am 

Ludicus wrote:
Quote:

Screenshots?

From the AMM/Judd thread on the NWN! forum:

nuklearkrieg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:44 pm 

lmfao

ViF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 am 

she must've sold a lot of baby clothes on ebay to fund this legit as hell label
you are already gods, without earthly desires. but one thing you want to know is that your own crash-dive is not in vain. regrettably, we will not be able to tell you the results. but i shall watch your efforts to the end and report your deeds to the throne

~Guest 277521
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:03 am 

You know... the atrocious grammar in that post makes me truly scared about the state of schools in the US. Poor little buggers.

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 am 

maladie wrote:
You know... the atrocious grammar in that post makes me truly scared about the state of schools in the US. Poor little buggers.

I'm pretty darn sure that the AMM posse is a case and on a league on its own.
Those guys are famous for their total nonsense ramblings on the internet...and also on album gatefolds.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:56 am 

Jesus run-on-sentence Christ man...

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:03 am 

That epic meltdown rant was directed at a comment I posted. I am currently contemplating whether or not to reply asking if that 'major media outlet' they partnered with to clear their name (MetalSucks?) will address the fact that Wrest / Leviathan left the label because he has yet to receive any artist copies (no joke, I've seen Jef post an angry comment to Blake's private Instagram where he calls him a 'tweaker' and prompts him to finally send him his records, lol). I also wonder if Yosuke's couple thousand US$ and the 800 Leviathan records Blake owed him for over three months will be addressed. Oh, and that Nic guy who used to do their PR and social media mentioned on NWN that Blake admitted to bootlegging in a telephone conversation. I guess none of those facts will be addressed. After all, they didn't do anything wrong and played by the book and all of this is caused by you internet trolls who just hate Blake.

Quiet Lurker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:43 am 

Wasn't it also mentioned in the NWN thread that Blake was selling rights he didn't own to small labels or something along those lines?

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:58 am 

If MetalSucks tries to write a piece explaining away all of this stuff and defending Blake, they will surely destroy themselves. Between this board and NWN, so many people have been saving everything (Blake’s insane ramblings, Jeff Wilson’s photos of his bootleg Sombre covers, etc) and someone will be able to do a proper piece on what actually happened. This thing just keeps getting more insane...

Also, I’m officially starting a petition to change your username to “Mr. Sonic Titan”.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:59 am 

The "please close the Paypal disputes" post might be the crowinng achievement of this whole trainwreck. Utterly surreal.

Thank fuck I said to hell with this and got my refund for the Twilight cds in time; by the looks of it things have gone exponentially worse ever since. I feel genuinely bad for those who might have a hard time recovering their cash, but on the other hand I can't wait to see what will happen next. Real-life theatre of the absurd here.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:17 pm 

Quiet Lurker wrote:
Wasn't it also mentioned in the NWN thread that Blake was selling rights he didn't own to small labels or something along those lines?

Apparently, but I have no idea about any details, so I can't really comment on that. Another new piece of information (rumor..?) is that 3-4 different individuals confirmed having heard that Blake sold all his remaining stock for a measly US$ 1,000 to help fix some quick cash flow problems since he can't sell shit online (kicked from Bandcamp, most likely frozen PayPal funds due to all the claims, a hilariously outdated 'official website' that was never set up properly in the first place and is in fact practically useless). Really hope someone comes forward with more details if that is actually true.

What has been confirmed, however, is that he STILL owes NWN! Prod those 800 Leviathan records (imagine they'll retail at US$ 17 like a good majority of his stock, that's US$ 13,600 worth of stock right there) as well as US$ 7,000 for a Judas Iscariot record he pulled out of MID JULY (!). Of course he's not answering any calls, I can imagine having to admit he neither has the records nor the money is gonna be awkward and inconvenient for him. Sure seems like a mighty fine, stand-up fellow to me. You're all welcome to check out the evidence here:

Bingewolf wrote:

Also, I’m officially starting a petition to change your username to “Mr. Sonic Titan”.

:lol: :lol:

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:47 pm 

Of course none of this would have happened, had we only resisted our wicked nature to spread negativity and open paypal claims. Poor Blake did everything and yet his enterprise has crashed and burned once again - and it's all our fucking fault!!! :cry:

I have to wonder if this will be the end of it for real or in a couple of years we'll be back to square one with some new scheme. I still can't comprehend how this whole mess got this far; look at those figures NWN posted, it's unreal.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

nuklearkrieg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 pm 

I think AMM were able to bounce back after the first scandal because Century Media is a bigger label and were able to bail Blake out. I think the combination of the fact that 1) NWN was screwed out of hundreds of LPs (although I think Deathgasm got totally screwed the first time around. Total support to those guys). and 2) $10K matters a lot more to NWN and more underground labels than Century Media.

SculptedCold
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:00 pm 

Those two junkies don't seem to understand that good businesses that take care of their customers don't just spontaneously produce legions of vocal "haters", past faults or no.
They also don't seem to understand that customers aren't interested in hearing endless excuses and whining from a business they're trying to patronize/secure services from.

If they're really trying to run a business, they need to stfu and let their efforts and service speak for themselves. But I think everyone with a computer and a brain cell can see the truth around AMM. It really is so juicy watching these people 'work.' Condolences to those ripped off of course, but they should know better.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:40 am 

I hope at least this will be the last we hear from him. If all it takes is sob story number 19478493706 for him to come back after this gigantic mess, we deserve to be treated like idiots.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 am 

Well, due to the astonishing lack of introspective abilities and self-awareness they have displayed throughout this ordeal I somehow have the feeling they seriously think they can just carry on running their amazing ''''label'''' as if nothing ever happened, after getting that major media outlet to clear their name. Not that any band worth a damn would even remotely consider associating themselves with AMM, so good luck releasing intentionally high quality 'Suicide Forest' (what, who? does anyone even remotely care?) records and other garbage.

Quiet Lurker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:04 pm 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpCq_r2hAUZ/?hl=en

So somebody finally got the split... albeit without the actual product.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:10 pm 

I still think the most embarrassing thing here is Yosuke and whatever his motive was for wanting to get involved with a known fraud (and one who had defrauded him in the past). Must have forseen a fair upside in it.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:21 am 

Yosuke saw the possibility for coin. Estimate places preorders at over 100K. That's the motivation.

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:02 pm 

Junkie (Scam like Ponzi).

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:30 pm 

Shit be JAMMIN! #metalgod

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:24 pm 

Epicureo wrote:

Holy fuck, epic bitchslapping!!! :lol:

Bates
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 pm 

So I stumbled across this on Spotify:

Never been a fan, but, well, the drama piqued my interest. Not too bad, puts me in mind of Ministry, tbh. Guess it's the heroin.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:10 pm 

I have to say, I always enjoyed Nachtmystium... but the years of Blake being a) a complete shitbag of a human and b) such a corny egomaniac have ruined the music for me.

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:49 am 

Oh no, you can't, this is too much for my sides.

~Guest 343918
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:46 am 

Epicureo wrote:
Oh no, you can't, this is too much for my sides.

This is genius! What is more kvlt than a #001 of a limited vinyl? Several #001's!

Kladusha
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:03 am 

After all of this, I am left with a question...why did Blake decide to bootleg judas' records? Wasn't he making enough money from Leviathan's releases was he? Judging from his payments to Wrest, he wasn't exactly broke or anything, plus he had sufficient material to keep the flow from drying up...

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:49 am 

You can always make more money. And JI was probably assumed to be an easy target since Akhenaten is so removed from the USBM scene.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:18 am 

...And addictions are expensive as hell :(

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next