Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:08 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/10/25/nachtmystiums-blake-judd-once-again-accused-of-scamming-fans-and-bailing-on-shows/

Would you look at that, MetalSucks finally said something.

I saw this earlier, but haven't been able to comment until now.

Metalsucks wrote:
Next, Encyclopedia Metallum made the claim that Harris “has described these [reissues] as ‘disgraceful unauthorized bootlegs.'” MetalSucks has not been able to authenticate this quote and are not sure who was ultimately able to contact Harris.

Statements like this (among others) are one of the reasons why I don't trust metal news, least of all from MetalSucks, especially when they're so quick to pull the "we've tried contacting so-and-so, but were unable to get a response" line. MA tries to stay objective and neutral when it comes to the dealings of bands, and labels, and even their fans. That is one reason why a thread like this one stays open; unlike all the other sites that were so quick to shut down any discussion about this issue, we have no stake in any of this. That is also the reason why we refrain from jumping onto sensationalist bandwagons, and don't pull the trigger on adding information to the site without verifying it first (and when we do find information that can't be verified, we remove it).

I can guarantee that MetalSucks never once contacted us about this, least of all myself. I don't share private correspondence, and I have no intention to do so now, but I was the one who handled this on our end. The person I talked to was verified to be Akhenaten, he did make that quote, and the information he gave us indicated to us that the status of the Blake Judd reissues were unofficial. Therefore, since all conditions were met from an official verified source, we made the changes to our site to reflect that.

MetalSucks is, of course, free to claim otherwise, and to paint us as liars. That is true for everyone, even yourself; if you want to trust us, trust us, and if you don't, well, that's fine too. But we're not elusive, and we do believe in transparency, and if MetalSucks really wants to build its own credibility it could have bothered to "authenticate this quote" fairly easily. They were perfectly capable; they just chose not to and I can't imagine why.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:45 am 

Metalsucks are gutter scum with no integrity. Just ignore that shit website.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:07 pm 

Derigin wrote:
I can't imagine why

I can, it's because Metalsucks, well... sucks. Most of the metal community knows this, except for the sad few that still read that website. They lack professionalism and decorum of a site of their stature and it's plainly obvious after an incident like this.

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:26 am 

So.. anyone hear anything from Blake Ju.. ehm, Jake Treush over the last couple of days?

c_
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 am 

Sonic_Titan wrote:
So.. anyone hear anything from Blake Ju.. ehm, Jake Treush over the last couple of days?

I'm surprised he didn't just say his name was Jake Bludd... I guess that is the next logical step.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:10 am 

i thought he'd used that as an early pseudonym on discogs?

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:58 am 

Derigin wrote:
Twisted_Psychology wrote:
http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/10/25/nachtmystiums-blake-judd-once-again-accused-of-scamming-fans-and-bailing-on-shows/

Would you look at that, MetalSucks finally said something.

I saw this earlier, but haven't been able to comment until now.

Metalsucks wrote:
Next, Encyclopedia Metallum made the claim that Harris “has described these [reissues] as ‘disgraceful unauthorized bootlegs.'” MetalSucks has not been able to authenticate this quote and are not sure who was ultimately able to contact Harris.

Statements like this (among others) are one of the reasons why I don't trust metal news, least of all from MetalSucks, especially when they're so quick to pull the "we've tried contacting so-and-so, but were unable to get a response" line. MA tries to stay objective and neutral when it comes to the dealings of bands, and labels, and even their fans. That is one reason why a thread like this one stays open; unlike all the other sites that were so quick to shut down any discussion about this issue, we have no stake in any of this. That is also the reason why we refrain from jumping onto sensationalist bandwagons, and don't pull the trigger on adding information to the site without verifying it first (and when we do find information that can't be verified, we remove it).

I can guarantee that MetalSucks never once contacted us about this, least of all myself. I don't share private correspondence, and I have no intention to do so now, but I was the one who handled this on our end. The person I talked to was verified to be Akhenaten, he did make that quote, and the information he gave us indicated to us that the status of the Blake Judd reissues were unofficial. Therefore, since all conditions were met from an official verified source, we made the changes to our site to reflect that.

MetalSucks is, of course, free to claim otherwise, and to paint us as liars. That is true for everyone, even yourself; if you want to trust us, trust us, and if you don't, well, that's fine too. But we're not elusive, and we do believe in transparency, and if MetalSucks really wants to build its own credibility it could have bothered to "authenticate this quote" fairly easily. They were perfectly capable; they just chose not to and I can't imagine why.

Thank you for clarifying this matter in-depth, and for the policy you guys maintain on this site. Not that I doubted for a second that their claims of having "attempted to contact you with no response" were absolute horseshit, mind you - but still hooray for them for proving once again how much integrity towards their "job" and respect for other people's reputation they have. A sad joke without a punchline, as usual.

By the way, it seems "Sound Seance" is back on reverb.com, so it seems the fun is not over yet.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:06 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
By the way, it seems "Sound Seance" is back on reverb.com, so it seems the fun is not over yet.

Ok, so, let's keep our eyes open.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:14 am 

So did anyone get a copy of “monument to twilight end” before it was pulled from AMM? It had some tracks off the last twilight album that were pulled from the official release cause of a fallout with Judd and the band. I’d love to hear them, twilight was really great imo

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:16 am 

I'd ordered a couple of Twilight cds but after getting nothing after four months, and convincing proof from the few who got them that they were sourced from crappy mp3s, I filed a paypal claim and got my cash back. Who the hell knows how many of those cds actually existed, let alone how many reached their respective buyers.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:41 pm 

There's something I've been wondering for quite a while, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Can anyone with knowledge of United States law explain to me how the guy is not locked up yet?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:59 pm 

"Hello, police? A $40 item which is 100% covered by PayPal didn't arrive at my house, and I have some internet posts that prove who is to blame."

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:15 pm 

Yeah, I imagine that low level scamming like this is not a very high priority for a police force.

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:11 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
I'd ordered a couple of Twilight cds but after getting nothing after four months, and convincing proof from the few who got them that they were sourced from crappy mp3s, I filed a paypal claim and got my cash back. Who the hell knows how many of those cds actually existed, let alone how many reached their respective buyers.

You did the right thing. I wish I could have gotten my money back but unfortunately I got the CD's and they were very low quality mp3 indeed.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:26 am 

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
Yeah, I imagine that low level scamming like this is not a very high priority for a police force.

I wouldn't count it out. He uses bandcamp and paypal as his unwitting agents to commit what seems like organized interstate and international wire and mail fraud. Certainly would fall under RICO.
Add in that he might still be on probation? And Erica has a long background.... If paypal or bandcamp have action taken against them by customers then they will almost certainly kick this upstream and press charges on him.

Anyways,
It appears AvantGarde is either suckered in, or complicit to the scam now.
https://www.sound-cave.com/it/shop?q=judas

Given Roberto's meltdown last year over people leaking his labels stuff and threatening to take down the bandcamp site and subscription model... way too humourous and hypocritical.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:38 am 

k311250 wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:

You did the right thing. I wish I could have gotten my money back but unfortunately I got the CD's and they were very low quality mp3 indeed.

I'm genuinely sorry about that. I hope you can at least score a sale or trade with some Blake fanboy and recoup your loss.

Leader_OCola wrote:
Anyways,
It appears AvantGarde is either suckered in, or complicit to the scam now.
https://www.sound-cave.com/it/shop?q=judas

Given Roberto's meltdown last year over people leaking his labels stuff and threatening to take down the bandcamp site and subscription model... way too humourous and hypocritical.

What. The. SHIT. I'm definitely keeping an eye out on this new exciting chapter.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:41 pm 

Leader_OCola wrote:

Huh, I'm a huge fan of that label and hadn't heard about this. Probably doesn't need to be discussed in this thread but I'd love to hear about this.

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:25 pm 

?

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:27 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Leader_OCola wrote:

Huh, I'm a huge fan of that label and hadn't heard about this. Probably doesn't need to be discussed in this thread but I'd love to hear about this.

if you're a subscriber you can see it in the messages feed.

I was mistaken, it was not actually last year. It was January of this year.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:27 pm 

ambientsorrow wrote:
Oh man, another Blake Judd shitshow? Are people still risking doing business with him? Granted I'm only going off the title of the thread, but are all 19 pages worth a read through for hilarity sake?

uh, and then some

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:32 pm 

l.

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:35 pm 

ambientsorrow wrote:
Oh damn, looks like I have a few hours of reading ahead of me. lol.

you would have 2 or 3 times as much if Yosuke @ NWN hadn't nuked about 150 pages of threads there.

c'est la vie

have fun!

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:03 am 

You may want to read carefully and not just for fun, especially since the aforementioned NWN coverup hasd done more harm than good for those looking for reliable info and advice. Before he spectacularly shit the bed for the 4000th time, Flake was doing a great job covering up his (this very thread confirmed I wasn't the only one who had no idea he was behind AMM at first). And if Roberto (Avantgarde/Sound Cave) is the last in line to have got hoodwinked, the show might be far from over.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

~Guest 343918
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:52 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
Before he spectacularly shit the bed for the 4000th time, Flake was doing a great job covering up his.

Hey, you keep Rammstein's keyboard player out of this!

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:48 am 

youtube dude myke c-town just made a video outlining the situation along with his own experience with the label, including correspondence from blake/erika.

hilariously enough he got the leviathan 7" they put out and it literally doesn't fit in the sleeve.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:36 am 

Vigintiseptem wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:
Before he spectacularly shit the bed for the 4000th time, Flake was doing a great job covering up his.

Hey, you keep Rammstein's keyboard player out of this!

Completely forgot about him :lol:

That 7" is fucking glorious: a 9 minute song on one side (bet the sound quality is amazing), in yet another indescribably shitty sleeve. Classic AMM by now.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:11 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
That 7" is fucking glorious: a 9 minute song on one side (bet the sound quality is amazing), in yet another indescribably shitty sleeve. Classic AMM by now.

Pics?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Endarkening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:16 am 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:

Pics?

Watch the video theposega linked in his post.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 am 

There were a few in the threads that got nuked on the NWN forum, not sure if some are still around. You can see it in the video, though. The pic with the cut-out Leviathan crescent glued on is still my fave, though.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:52 pm 

Just tried buying the 3 unreleased twilight songs from AMM bandcamp page that were cut from their final album. Bandcamp won’t let me, says “Oops! There’s a problem placing your order.
Sorry, you can’t purchase from this artist at this time. Please go back to update your order. (code -11:0)”

Wouldn’t mind paying for digital versions of these. Their last album was great but always felt short and inconete to me. I guess I missed my chance before Blake got shut down...

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:15 pm 

pbarb wrote:
Just tried buying the 3 unreleased twilight songs from AMM bandcamp page that were cut from their final album. Bandcamp won’t let me, says “Oops! There’s a problem placing your order.
Sorry, you can’t purchase from this artist at this time. Please go back to update your order. (code -11:0)”

Wouldn’t mind paying for digital versions of these. Their last album was great but always felt short and inconete to me. I guess I missed my chance before Blake got shut down...

Those are mp3s too. 192kbps or something like that. If you really really want them I think I have them around.

I agree the last album was great but it felt incomplete.

CarlLSanders
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:41 pm 

k311250 wrote:
pbarb wrote:

Those are mp3s too. 192kbps or something like that. If you really really want them I think I have them around.

I want them.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:57 pm 

k311250 wrote:
pbarb wrote:

Thanks. I sent you a pm (I think)

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:20 pm 

Both of you should have a PM.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:20 am 

Many thanks

cweed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:52 am 

Thanks

CarlLSanders
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm 

Many thanx.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:00 pm 

It's amazing to me that this one thread about this one guy in a band no one really cared about has garnered so many replies. Almost 800!

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:05 am 

That's because the same one guy scammed a lot of folks using bands people care about quite some more. Misguided censorship on other platforms also pushed more people to contribute to this specific thread instead.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:45 pm 

aaaamd he’s back to selling his shit on Facebook, because he’s presumably been banned from everywhere else. this is the EXACT thing he did around his last album release with CM. can someone please try to pose as an interested fan and let us know what happens?

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story.ph ... 5891915294

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next