Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:02 am 

Btw I just got my order from Elegy Records, and unlike Flake Budd I received everything not only quickly but with two extra albums. That is outstanding service!

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:44 am 

Elegy Records can't offer you an original Dimmu Borgir For All Tid LP for half the price you'd pay on Discogs.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am 

NACHTMYSTIUM / LEVIATHAN - 'In The Valley of Death...Where Black Metal is King (An Homage to the Roots) Split LP
ADD TO CART: SALE $30.00 $24.00

Extremely limited (100 hand-numbered units only!) black vinyl pressing of the NACHTMYSTIUM / LEVIATHAN split LP, titled "In the Valley of Death...Where Black Metal is King (An Homage to the Roots)". The vinyl edition of this split album released in 2018 comes housed in a thick-stock, single sleeve, full color jacket with black vinyl inside housed n a black paper 'disco sleeve' inner sleeve. Each copy includes three patches - a Nachtmystium logo patch (original / old logo, circa 2000-2003), a Leviathan logo patch and a circular 'Never Stop The Madness' syringe & text crest. (see photos.) The two logo patches measure 4 inches wide x 2.75 to 3.0 inches high (the Nachtmystium patch is slightly taller than the Leviathan patch), and the 'Never Stop the Madness' embroidered circular patch measures 4.0 inches in diameter. See photos for images of these items. Each copy also includes a folded 11x17" promotional poster for this record.

Each copy is hand-numbered in gold marker in the bottom / center of the backside of the LP jacket just above the label logo.

This release originally was supposed to be pressed in a much greater quantity than the resulting 100 units that were pressed in the end, Yet, due to the untimely demise of Ascension Monuments Media (alongside the relationship between Nachtmystium mainman, Blake Judd and Leviathan mainman, Jef 'Wrest' Whitehead falling apart simultaneously) the decision was made mid-production to scale the pressing back to a bare bones quantity of 100 units.

Claims by Jef Whitehead that this release was 'canceled' and that this vinyl edition is somehow 'unofficial' or a 'bootleg' are absolutely untrue, however. Jef Whitehead never once asked / demanded that AMM cancel this LP (or any other format) version of the release and he was, in fact, very involved in the design aspect of this release, being copied on all emails during the design and leading up to production, approving final designs, approving printing proofs, etc. All of these facts are in email records, and in the event that this ever needed to 'proven' publicly, both the ex- AMM staff and Nachtmystium management have these communications saved / archived. AMM and Nachtmystium would prefer to not have to go the route of making these private, business communications public, as it would just continue to feed the drama cycle surrounding AMM and this release in particular. The staff from what was AMM (prior to closing last year) and Nachtmystium both, however, will not continue to tolerate such claims that are resulting in the release being pulled from sites like Discogs, etc. where it's official entry is listed as "unofficial". Whitehead not only fully agreed to these three different formats (CD, cassette & vinyl) being released, he was also paid, IN FULL, for the Leviathan portion of all royalties due for the quantities of each format pressed, up front before the units of any of the three formats had actually been sold / sold out. This was the policy of AMM with Leviathan - to pay royalties at the agreed rate for each pressing UP FRONT, during manufacturing and generally being delivered via a Paypal payment at the exact same time that the releases had just come back from press and began shipping their first untis out. (again, all of which we have archived for our records and possible public viewing to debunk any untrue claims that AMM ripped an artist off)

It's unfortunate to have to write this in this items descriptions, but the behavior of Jef Whitehead's via his Facebook and Instagram accounts where he constantly is slagging Blake Judd & Ascension Monuments Media has resulted in us feeling that we have no choice but to speak up for ourselves, as we wish to be able to sell our product here without catching a bunch of shit on the internet. This slandering of the label and Judd's name is entirely undeserved, considering the exorbitant amount of money he was paid by the label for the three releases they put out for him over a 10 month period...money that totaled just shy of $10,000 for 4,000 units between CDs, cassettes, vinyl and tshirts & hoodies...all record-bearing claims that we've got archived and ready to make public should anyone challenge these claims / facts. These royalties were paid up front, not after the units had sold (like any other label operates) This policy between AMM and J. Whitehead was (and still is, certainly) entirely unheard in the record label industry. It was intended to be a gesture of appreciation and a showing of trust / commitment on AMM's part to Leviathan in exchange for Whitehead allowing the label to put out a number of very lucrative Leviathan releases in the early days of AMM to help get the label established and on it's feet. The fact he then, mere months later, turned on the label and Blake Judd specifically - very publicly, mind you - after being treated with the utmost respect and paid 250% more per unit (on all formats and digital sales) than any other artists on AMM, is absolutely disgusting and boggling to us to this day, as no explanation has ever been given as to where AMM 'went wrong' with Leviathan. It seemed to all spawn from the fact that Whitehead couldn't handle the fact that total strangers were sending him shitty messages with their opinions about AMM's Judas Iscariot reissues and what they thought they knew about the facts surrounding those releases. Despite 15+ years of friendship, numerous records made together, and the aforementioned asinine amount of money paid to Whitehead / Leviathan (for records that we've still got 25% of what he was paid royalties for sitting in boxes in storage to this day), he gave in to the pressure of public opinion and stabbed a company and the individuals behind it in the back so significantly that it was the final 'nail in the coffin' for AMM after the Judas Iscariot LP reissue debacle and the label went completely bankrupt & out of business. This isn't a sob story, ladies and gentlemen - these are FACTS, and they are facts we can prove, all you have to do is ask. Based off of our experience here, we strongly suggest that all other labels out there considering working with this individual be advised that this is the kind of behavior you may be able to expect should anything go wrong between your label / operation and the artist.

-

Just posting this here before the piece of shit deletes it. Really classy to go into payment details once again.

tollundman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:48 pm 

Sonic_Titan wrote:

Despite 15+ years of friendship, numerous records made together, and the aforementioned asinine amount of money paid to Whitehead / Leviathan (for records that we've still got 25% of what he was paid royalties for sitting in boxes in storage to this day), he gave in to the pressure of public opinion and stabbed a company and the individuals behind it in the back so significantly that it was the final 'nail in the coffin' for AMM after the Judas Iscariot LP reissue debacle and the label went completely bankrupt & out of business. This isn't a sob story, ladies and gentlemen - these are FACTS, and they are facts we can prove, all you have to do is ask. Based off of our experience here, we strongly suggest that all other labels out there considering working with this individual be advised that this is the kind of behavior you may be able to expect should anything go wrong between your label / operation and the artist.

-

Just posting this here before the piece of shit deletes it. Really classy to go into payment details once again.

wow... just wow. blaming jef for the demise of his label, despite the fact that he's a tweaker shitheel who can't even cross a street without fucking up.

funny how i've never had a problem with any order from devout, and everyone is getting their reissued expanded versions of the 2 AMM lps in a expedient manner directly from jef and NWN. somehow jef can hold down a job as a successful tattoo artist, run a label (and former store), and raise a child, while all flake can do is whine for paragraphs while he takes another hit off the pipe between sentences.

Last edited by tollundman on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:10 pm 

tollundman wrote:
DDOS, anyone? low orbit ion cannon will take that site out efficiently.

How about no. Don't encourage or call for DDOS attacks here, thanks.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:25 pm 

He's already put up an "under construction" message and pulled the shop link off the website (even though it's still active) so I guess he's lurking here and NWN and sees we've found his next scheme. :lol:

And in terms of Nachtmystium, I thought the aesthetic was cool when I first discovered them and they had some ok albums and a couple of 'good' ones. However, when you find out that Blake barely did anything on the records AND learn that it isn't an aesthetic but an actual junkie con-artist, the appeal of Nachtmystium fades pretty quickly.

tollundman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:47 pm 

Derigin wrote:
tollundman wrote:
DDOS, anyone? low orbit ion cannon will take that site out efficiently.

How about no. Don't encourage or call for DDOS attacks here, thanks.

sorry about that. fixed.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:17 pm 

Fuck this asswipe once again for trying to throw Wrest under the bus. I know nobody takes anything he says seriously anymore (at least I should fucking hope so) but it still irks me - more so because unless things got settled in the meantime (about as likely as Mayhem performing with Dead on vocals again) Flake still owes Jef a considerable chunk of the revenues for Twilight's last album. Plus I can't stand narcissistic dipshits who constantly blame everything and everyone but themselves for their own fuckups.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

CarlLSanders
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:12 pm 

Racism, Naiz-ism,...WTF !? I get plenty of that whiny, PC shit on the 'news' each evening.
If folks can't separate the 'singer from the song', that's their sad condition. True, I ain't gonna lend the man money or anything.
Nachtmystium's music has 'aged' remarkably well, in my non-humble opinion.
BTW, The World We Left Behind has some really good tracks on it. Criticism of the lyrics...I actually prefer them to mean something. Better than babbling about demons and gory cadavers, imo.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:33 pm 

CarlLSanders wrote:
Racism, Naiz-ism,...WTF !? I get plenty of that whiny, PC shit on the 'news' each evening.
:roll: Whatever are you on about.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:58 pm 

He's just trying to let everyone know he drives a pickup with oversized mud tires, duh.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 pm 

Are Nachtmystium fans so desperate they actually have to make shit up about the people calling out Blake? C’mon, read the fucking thread.

tollundman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:49 pm 

anyone have any news on flake's whereabouts lately? he seems to have fallen off since the Prophecy release turned into another shitshow.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:37 pm 

Probably some flophouse in Chicago.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:38 pm 

Bumping this thread because NM broke up...again

This time, not because of Blake's arrests, so maybe it's for good this time. Hopefully.

Not sure I remember the last time he was in the news about a scam or rip off, sans the Judas Iscariot fiasco

Stronthor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:49 am 

He's posted, true to form, a massive wall of text about it on Nachtmystium's facebook account. Predictably, he's claiming to be clean since 2015, there's no word on the entire Judas Iscariot/Ascension Monuments debacle and - most important of all - he tries his damnedest to make sure you know that despite his new found strength and him leaving his past behind, he'll still always be a helpless victim of lies and slander by people who don't know him. So all in all nothing really new here, I'm just waiting to see how this fits into his latest money making scheme. Popcorn's at the ready!

Story in the spoiler below:
Spoiler: show
After many long hours of thinking and careful consideration over the last month or so, I have come to the decision to immediately end all activities related to my bands NACHTMYSTIUM and HATE MEDITATION and cease any and all further activities in the future, entirely, under either band name or as a recognizable solo artist. When I do release new music, it's going to be anonymously more than likely, and will be far, far from the realms of metal music anyways, so it won't matter much either way, I suppose.

This may come at a strange time, as we've been posting photos of Jean Graffio (drummer) and I (Blake Judd) working on recording a new Nachtmystium album very recently....it was tentatively going to be the third (and final) record in the 'Black Meddle' series, with the artistic reasoning behind this 'return to the series', ten years since its predecessor (2010's 'Addicts: Black Meddle Pt. II' LP) being that we were attempting to be carving, yet again, a new musical path of our own making and stepping way outside of our comfort zone in a way so significantly noticeable, we felt that it would make sense for this collection of new songs we've been working on to be released under the 'Black Meddle' series because the new material, we felt, was going to be radical enough in terms of being completely unlike anything we've done before, just as we felt about what we achieved on 'Assassins: Black Meddle Pt. I' and 'Addicts: Black Meddle Pt. II', and hence why this new collection of material was going to be labeled and released as such, part of the 'Black Meddle' series.
As we've continued to work on this new, very unusual material, I have personally really begun to struggle to "connect the dots" between what Nachtmystium's done musically, what it has represented ideologically & thematically over the years, and the person who made all those early recordings prior to my getting sober in 2015.....and what we are working on here in June, 2020 and have been working on for about six months now. (the three track / 25 minute long "Resilient" EP released on Prophecy Productions in late 2018 is the only recording Nachtmystium has made since August, 2013 when we finished 'The World We Left Behind' LP.) These feelings have only intensified as we've delved further down whatever creative path it is Jean and I have been on since beginning our first attempts to make new material since early 2017, this year. The more we are beginning to see the full picture of what we're putting together, especially when it started to be getting closer to the time I need to start considering lyrics and art ideas recently....the more it's become increasingly clear to me that I am not the person today who created all those Nachtmystium records, that I'm in an entirely different mindset. I see life through a completely different, much more positive, healthy, and drug free lens today, and Nachtmystium - for the majority of it's existence - represented a raw picture of that part of my life (the part representing my issues with addiction) That part of my life, thankfully, has been corrected today, and that past is a part of my life that I'm not particularly proud and that comes with a lot of baggage...just like the name Nachtmystium.

The icing on the cake for me making this decision recently came when, while really trying to make my final decision on all of this last night, after this had been consuming my thoughts entirely for the last week straight...totally by chance - I came across a recent (April, 2020) little gem of internet ugliness on some forum type place on the wonderful world wide web, and it had been interacted with or responded to several hundred times in the 8 or so weeks it's been visible, and it is full of the same insanity I've dealt with from total fucking strangers for years now...totally insane, intentionally negative, speculation or complete falsities about the current state of my life (or the state of my life since about 2014, in fact, when I chose to remove myself from social media for a few years and have only somewhat returned to it in the years since getting clean in late 2015 / early 2016) It was one thing when I was putting myself out there on stages and in vans / buses, choosing to make myself accessible to people and journalists and the likes, both on and off stage, for years....I asked for the attenion, both good and bad, that I received. But in the recent years, I've gone out of my way to 'stay in my lane' with Nachtmystium, try to be really quiet in general and, if I've chosen to speak, to do my best to show that I've truly been humbled by what I put my fans, my friends and my family all went through with my heroin addiction that lasted a decade before it finally was brought under control and has remained that way since. I'm currently in the process of becoming a licensed drug counselor / therapist here in California. Today, as part of my personal recovery, I try to give back whatever I can because of all that was given to me personally by people who helped navigate me back to reality in the recovery world when I was first getting cleaned up. Believe it or not, this is the person I've worked extremely hard over the last four years to try and become today. It's a work in a progress, and there is always room for improvement...but the person I am today is night-and-day different than the person I was when i was making the majority of the Nachtmystium body of work.
So - to bring this full circle - to have these facts about my life be what i can say is truly representative of the person I've worked really hard to become today - with these facts being just that - facts -, for me to stumble across several hundred people engaging with some asshole stranger who doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, commenting about what they think I may or may not be up to in my personal life in recent years....speculating that I'm still using drugs or people making insane false claims about having interactions with me where they've purchased drugs from myself or my fiancee (another thing that has literally never happened, in any form whatsoever...not even once.) in recent years here where I live in California since going through rehab and everything, among other absolutely untrue, nasty falsities about myself and my fiancee, many of which could be potentially extremely damaging to my personal life in a number of ways, both professionally and socially. The fact that someone took the time to write that, and 300-something people had read enough of it to interact with the post in some way, along with pages and pages of comments...still, in 2020, rehashing the most unpleasant parts of my personal, private life from six, seven, eight years ago....I've decided I'm finally absolutely done fueling this fire. It's been long enough. If I don't know you personally, or haven't been in direct contact with you for several years on the internet assuming we don't know one another personally in the real world, then after today - sorry, but I will not be accessible to anyone anymore regarding anything to do with Nachtmystium, Twilight, Hate Meditation or black metal music in general. I can't stand whats become of the name Nachtmystium, and the baggage finally weighs too much. Maybe the haters won, maybe not - because I'm doing this on my terms with absolutely zero hesitation and only extreme excitement and relief about the whole situation and even more excited about what happens with this exciting new music we've been working on, especially now that I don't have the stresser of knowing it's going to be the name Nachtmystium when it's done being affiliated with it. This is a freedom I've longed for for years, and I've finally mustered up the balls to quit this band because I've wanted to do it for years and I finally am confident that i'm ready to let it go. 20 years has been enough and I've achived everything I'd ever hoped to and so much more, and for all the amazing experiences and the privilege of getting to stand in front of large crowds who knew my music...I'll be forever grateful. What an experience.

Nachtmystium has always represented the ugly side of me, though. That's what it's always been about..always . As the band matured and I went from being a teenager to being an adult, I stayed honest in my expressions which went from being about disdain for authority and religion more towards being a conduit of truth (probably the only one in my life for many years regarding this very personal subject, honestly...) for me in a world of deceptions of my own makings while struggling with addiction over the years. First, it was years of excessive cocaine and drinking, then followed by nearly 9 years of intravenous heroin use / addiction during which I gave away everything I ever had in exchange for the experience. I made an ass of myself publicly. I lost everything I ever owned or sold it. My friends and family hated me, and rightfully so at the time. I'd deceived and screwed over fans trying to order merchandise. And at the end of it all, I got arrested in October, 2013 and caught a felony conviction for pawning a guitar (so I could feed my habit while recording "The World We Left Behind", ironically enough), and then after 30 days in jail and having the whole ordeal broadcast across the internet by MetalSucks and the likes, I spent two years homeless, on probation, unable to leave the city of Chicago...a place where I didn't have a friend in the world at that point, no opporunities, nowhere to stay. That was reality for two years. It changed me down to my core in ways that nothing else ever has, ever could or most likely, ever will. And I'm grateful as hell for every single minute of it, because it helped me become who I try to be today. After all that, I finally had had enough and went to rehab in October, 2015.
Since that ended, I've used my own bare hands to crawl out of that hole I put myself in. Nachtmystium was always the representation of that hole, which grew out of control over the years and Nachtmystium was always seemingly mixed up right in the middle of that "hole", my addiction. It's created almost urban legend-type stories that i now get to live with for the rest of my life, most of which are bullshit or horribly exagerrated, in certain circles of the metal community over the last 20 years and it's followed me around whether I've been active or not, because....the internet never forgets. Today, I'm officially stopping giving the metal world anything more to "remember" about me. The music we've been working on will be released with a different vocalist, under a different name, and you'll more than likely never know it's me if you're listening to it some day. (which will also be unlikely, unless your tastes extend far outside the realms of metal music, which will be whatever this music we are working on's new home will be found, somewhere.) And that's just fine with me. I got my taste of what I thought i always wanted...some bullshit 'rockstar' dream from when i was a kid. Turns out, thats the last thing I wanted in the long run, and today, I'm ready to be someone unassociated with this chapter of my life any longer. I've been eagerly awaiting it. I've feared taking this step for years...and I finally am ready to do it and feel great about it.

So - to all of you that have supported us, stayed with us over the years, or maybe found the band since all the madness 6-7 years ago...either way...if you're still here and reading this, thank you for the support and I truly hope our music will still be listened to for years to come and that it brings some enjoyment to any of those whom choose to check it out. For anyone who got stiffed on the merch stuff years ago, we did our best to reach out to all of you and refund as many of you as possible a few years back. I know we didn't get everyone, but we did our best - and regardless of if you ever were contacted by us & refunded or not - I'd like to take this final opportunity to say, truly from the bottom of my heart, that I'm sorry for cheating any of of you of out of your money in hopes of getting a tshirt or a record. It was wrong then and it's wrong now and I'm extremely sorry it happened. You can take that as you all will...I'm saying it here because this is my last time i'll be making a public address of any type from the Nachtmystium podium and I'd like it to be one of the very last things I say to all of you, because I mean it. All of our catalog is in print or available digitally and it'll remain that way. There are no more new releases...."Resilient" will stand as Nachtmystium's swansong. I'll leave this post with the last track from that release....a song about a life changing moment and the ascension that followed it....a moment, in fact, that's lead me to right here...so there couldn't be something more approporiate to leave you all with.

What a long, strange trip it's been...it's definitely better to burn out than to fade away. Thanks for the 20 years of madness.

So long, everyone.
Blake Judd / Nachtmystium
June 13, 2020

CrippledLucifer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:32 am 

So I suppose after the latest debacle there is zero remaining labels or partners willing to commit money to that band and it's time to put the name to rest. So long and thanks for all the fish?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 am 

It was the haters fault, he was really just a victim who was struggling with addiction, and also he's now a completely new person (who survived from rock bottom by his own strength alone btw), so he's not really even responsible for any scams that the old, bad version of him may or may not have done. Oh, and Nachtymystium was always about his bad side anyway, so scamming people for smack money was kind of part of it, and you willingly bought into it if you were a fan of Nachtmystium.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:18 pm 

I read that whole fucking article almost falling asleep 3 times and not once he brought up anything about his bootleg empire years.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:27 pm 

Honestly, this is the only sensible outcome, right? His name and the Nachtmystium name are forever tarnished in the metal community. As much as there was talk about "separating the art from the artist" and all that, he brought his issues straight into the community, to his own fans. And every time he claimed that he was going to make amends, he just ended up ripping off more people.

I am sort of amused by the way his logic works where it always becomes "yeah, well, I mean, I did this bad thing but you're not being cool about it so you are really the problem".

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:51 pm 

I like how with each spectacle he thinks he can just sweep it under the rug.

I like Nachtmystium's music but Blake needs to fuck off. He has no more bridges left to burn.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:13 pm 

Five years down the line he'll pull a Scott Conner his future project that has nothing to do with metal will be renamed Nachtmystium, but it's not Nachtmystium, it's just called Nachtmystium because it's not Nachtmystium. Available for pre-order, naturally.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

nichuberscam
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:50 am 

If anyone is in doubt about Nic Huber's role then just read this.

Nic scammed us out of several hundred dollars and lied about sending a press-kit when we get fed up of his bullshit and wanted our money back and to cut ties with him before he did irreparable damage to our marketing campaign with Åskog's up coming release.

The entire bullshit story with him can be easily spared because the press-kit he claimed to send out doesn't exist and this just puts an end to the matter to any so-called counterclaims Nic can provide (which are just bullshit anyway).

Since I posted on Facebook about our issues with Nic in many of the groups for extreme metal I have had around 5-6 people confirm that he either steals your money or does almost nothing. Some people don't want to be named for fear of being dragged into something and they have moved on.

I am disappointed by people's reluctance to name and shame, if being totally honest. Had I read first hand about this guy I wouldn't have gone near him. He has gotten away with this crap for too long.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24