Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
cultofkraken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:02 am 

Btw I just got my order from Elegy Records, and unlike Flake Budd I received everything not only quickly but with two extra albums. That is outstanding service!

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:44 am 

Elegy Records can't offer you an original Dimmu Borgir For All Tid LP for half the price you'd pay on Discogs.

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am 

NACHTMYSTIUM / LEVIATHAN - 'In The Valley of Death...Where Black Metal is King (An Homage to the Roots) Split LP
ADD TO CART: SALE $30.00 $24.00

Extremely limited (100 hand-numbered units only!) black vinyl pressing of the NACHTMYSTIUM / LEVIATHAN split LP, titled "In the Valley of Death...Where Black Metal is King (An Homage to the Roots)". The vinyl edition of this split album released in 2018 comes housed in a thick-stock, single sleeve, full color jacket with black vinyl inside housed n a black paper 'disco sleeve' inner sleeve. Each copy includes three patches - a Nachtmystium logo patch (original / old logo, circa 2000-2003), a Leviathan logo patch and a circular 'Never Stop The Madness' syringe & text crest. (see photos.) The two logo patches measure 4 inches wide x 2.75 to 3.0 inches high (the Nachtmystium patch is slightly taller than the Leviathan patch), and the 'Never Stop the Madness' embroidered circular patch measures 4.0 inches in diameter. See photos for images of these items. Each copy also includes a folded 11x17" promotional poster for this record.

Each copy is hand-numbered in gold marker in the bottom / center of the backside of the LP jacket just above the label logo.

This release originally was supposed to be pressed in a much greater quantity than the resulting 100 units that were pressed in the end, Yet, due to the untimely demise of Ascension Monuments Media (alongside the relationship between Nachtmystium mainman, Blake Judd and Leviathan mainman, Jef 'Wrest' Whitehead falling apart simultaneously) the decision was made mid-production to scale the pressing back to a bare bones quantity of 100 units.

Claims by Jef Whitehead that this release was 'canceled' and that this vinyl edition is somehow 'unofficial' or a 'bootleg' are absolutely untrue, however. Jef Whitehead never once asked / demanded that AMM cancel this LP (or any other format) version of the release and he was, in fact, very involved in the design aspect of this release, being copied on all emails during the design and leading up to production, approving final designs, approving printing proofs, etc. All of these facts are in email records, and in the event that this ever needed to 'proven' publicly, both the ex- AMM staff and Nachtmystium management have these communications saved / archived. AMM and Nachtmystium would prefer to not have to go the route of making these private, business communications public, as it would just continue to feed the drama cycle surrounding AMM and this release in particular. The staff from what was AMM (prior to closing last year) and Nachtmystium both, however, will not continue to tolerate such claims that are resulting in the release being pulled from sites like Discogs, etc. where it's official entry is listed as "unofficial". Whitehead not only fully agreed to these three different formats (CD, cassette & vinyl) being released, he was also paid, IN FULL, for the Leviathan portion of all royalties due for the quantities of each format pressed, up front before the units of any of the three formats had actually been sold / sold out. This was the policy of AMM with Leviathan - to pay royalties at the agreed rate for each pressing UP FRONT, during manufacturing and generally being delivered via a Paypal payment at the exact same time that the releases had just come back from press and began shipping their first untis out. (again, all of which we have archived for our records and possible public viewing to debunk any untrue claims that AMM ripped an artist off)

It's unfortunate to have to write this in this items descriptions, but the behavior of Jef Whitehead's via his Facebook and Instagram accounts where he constantly is slagging Blake Judd & Ascension Monuments Media has resulted in us feeling that we have no choice but to speak up for ourselves, as we wish to be able to sell our product here without catching a bunch of shit on the internet. This slandering of the label and Judd's name is entirely undeserved, considering the exorbitant amount of money he was paid by the label for the three releases they put out for him over a 10 month period...money that totaled just shy of $10,000 for 4,000 units between CDs, cassettes, vinyl and tshirts & hoodies...all record-bearing claims that we've got archived and ready to make public should anyone challenge these claims / facts. These royalties were paid up front, not after the units had sold (like any other label operates) This policy between AMM and J. Whitehead was (and still is, certainly) entirely unheard in the record label industry. It was intended to be a gesture of appreciation and a showing of trust / commitment on AMM's part to Leviathan in exchange for Whitehead allowing the label to put out a number of very lucrative Leviathan releases in the early days of AMM to help get the label established and on it's feet. The fact he then, mere months later, turned on the label and Blake Judd specifically - very publicly, mind you - after being treated with the utmost respect and paid 250% more per unit (on all formats and digital sales) than any other artists on AMM, is absolutely disgusting and boggling to us to this day, as no explanation has ever been given as to where AMM 'went wrong' with Leviathan. It seemed to all spawn from the fact that Whitehead couldn't handle the fact that total strangers were sending him shitty messages with their opinions about AMM's Judas Iscariot reissues and what they thought they knew about the facts surrounding those releases. Despite 15+ years of friendship, numerous records made together, and the aforementioned asinine amount of money paid to Whitehead / Leviathan (for records that we've still got 25% of what he was paid royalties for sitting in boxes in storage to this day), he gave in to the pressure of public opinion and stabbed a company and the individuals behind it in the back so significantly that it was the final 'nail in the coffin' for AMM after the Judas Iscariot LP reissue debacle and the label went completely bankrupt & out of business. This isn't a sob story, ladies and gentlemen - these are FACTS, and they are facts we can prove, all you have to do is ask. Based off of our experience here, we strongly suggest that all other labels out there considering working with this individual be advised that this is the kind of behavior you may be able to expect should anything go wrong between your label / operation and the artist.

-

Just posting this here before the piece of shit deletes it. Really classy to go into payment details once again.

tollundman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:48 pm 

Sonic_Titan wrote:

Despite 15+ years of friendship, numerous records made together, and the aforementioned asinine amount of money paid to Whitehead / Leviathan (for records that we've still got 25% of what he was paid royalties for sitting in boxes in storage to this day), he gave in to the pressure of public opinion and stabbed a company and the individuals behind it in the back so significantly that it was the final 'nail in the coffin' for AMM after the Judas Iscariot LP reissue debacle and the label went completely bankrupt & out of business. This isn't a sob story, ladies and gentlemen - these are FACTS, and they are facts we can prove, all you have to do is ask. Based off of our experience here, we strongly suggest that all other labels out there considering working with this individual be advised that this is the kind of behavior you may be able to expect should anything go wrong between your label / operation and the artist.

-

Just posting this here before the piece of shit deletes it. Really classy to go into payment details once again.

wow... just wow. blaming jef for the demise of his label, despite the fact that he's a tweaker shitheel who can't even cross a street without fucking up.

funny how i've never had a problem with any order from devout, and everyone is getting their reissued expanded versions of the 2 AMM lps in a expedient manner directly from jef and NWN. somehow jef can hold down a job as a successful tattoo artist, run a label (and former store), and raise a child, while all flake can do is whine for paragraphs while he takes another hit off the pipe between sentences.

Last edited by tollundman on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:10 pm 

tollundman wrote:
DDOS, anyone? low orbit ion cannon will take that site out efficiently.

How about no. Don't encourage or call for DDOS attacks here, thanks.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Bingewolf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:25 pm 

He's already put up an "under construction" message and pulled the shop link off the website (even though it's still active) so I guess he's lurking here and NWN and sees we've found his next scheme. :lol:

And in terms of Nachtmystium, I thought the aesthetic was cool when I first discovered them and they had some ok albums and a couple of 'good' ones. However, when you find out that Blake barely did anything on the records AND learn that it isn't an aesthetic but an actual junkie con-artist, the appeal of Nachtmystium fades pretty quickly.

tollundman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:47 pm 

Derigin wrote:
tollundman wrote:
DDOS, anyone? low orbit ion cannon will take that site out efficiently.

How about no. Don't encourage or call for DDOS attacks here, thanks.

sorry about that. fixed.

Lord_Jotun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:17 pm 

Fuck this asswipe once again for trying to throw Wrest under the bus. I know nobody takes anything he says seriously anymore (at least I should fucking hope so) but it still irks me - more so because unless things got settled in the meantime (about as likely as Mayhem performing with Dead on vocals again) Flake still owes Jef a considerable chunk of the revenues for Twilight's last album. Plus I can't stand narcissistic dipshits who constantly blame everything and everyone but themselves for their own fuckups.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

CarlLSanders
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:12 pm 

Racism, Naiz-ism,...WTF !? I get plenty of that whiny, PC shit on the 'news' each evening.
If folks can't separate the 'singer from the song', that's their sad condition. True, I ain't gonna lend the man money or anything.
Nachtmystium's music has 'aged' remarkably well, in my non-humble opinion.
BTW, The World We Left Behind has some really good tracks on it. Criticism of the lyrics...I actually prefer them to mean something. Better than babbling about demons and gory cadavers, imo.

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:33 pm 

CarlLSanders wrote:
Racism, Naiz-ism,...WTF !? I get plenty of that whiny, PC shit on the 'news' each evening.
:roll: Whatever are you on about.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:58 pm 

He's just trying to let everyone know he drives a pickup with oversized mud tires, duh.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 pm 

Are Nachtmystium fans so desperate they actually have to make shit up about the people calling out Blake? C’mon, read the fucking thread.

I've decided this is the only kind of collection in the world that matters.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24