Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:46 pm 

As many of you might know, we've had an IRC chatroom for a while. It's still there, and it's not going away (yet), but I had been toying with the idea of joining the modern world and creating a Discord channel for M-A for a while. It appears Derigin not only independently came to the same conclusion, but also beat me to the punch, and made a Discord server for us today.

So yeah, feel free to join.

[This post contains hidden content. Quote to reveal it.]

(And since I don't want to open the floodgates too fast, to get the invite link to the Discord chat, you have to quote this post to find the link. I might make it public later, we'll see.)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Slayer1990
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:51 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
As many of you might know, we've had an IRC chatroom for a while. It's still there, and it's not going away (yet), but I had been toying with the idea of joining the modern world and creating a Discord channel for M-A for a while. It appears Derigin not only independently came to the same conclusion, but also beat me to the punch, and made a Discord server for us today.

(And since I don't want to open the floodgates too fast, to get the invite link to the Discord chat, you have to quote this post to find the link. I might make it public later, we'll see.)

Thanks man :D

Son_of_Metal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:40 am 

Morrigan wrote:

I must try out this new generation chat app. Ok now I feel old...

Edit: The link is still hidden for me.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:05 am 

Click on the "quote" button in the right upper corner of the first post and you'll see the URL.

Darkshine0
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:15 pm 

It seems that the link is no longer available, can you please post another one?

arkadiy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm 

хм. очень удивился когда не нашел казахстан в списке стран в профиле...

ClovenWoof
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:48 pm 

dix

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:56 pm 

Darkshine0 wrote:
It seems that the link is no longer available, can you please post another one?

Sorry. Done.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

thrashtidote
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:43 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

Amazing, thanks!

Last fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Arthas829

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:30 pm 

I may have 100 years late because I'm too lazy to do anything but this still sounds like a good idea.

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

zen3001
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:03 am 

Why did you kick me from the discord channel?
I don't see what I did wrong, I'm just trying to be a part of the community

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:30 pm 

zen3001 wrote:
Why did you kick me from the discord channel?
I don't see what I did wrong, I'm just trying to be a part of the community

Because you're a shitty troll with unoriginal lines. Everyone in there knew what you were up to lol. If you want to get under someone's skin in this day and age, you gotta come with better material than that my man.

zen3001
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:42 pm 

As said, I'm not a troll I wasn't trying to make anyone mad

metaller92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:27 am 

Morrigan wrote:

I like discord, if it's still chat for metalheads, I want to try it!

Thank you.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:30 am 

Metalheads only, in fact.

Failure to be a Metalhead while in the chat results in punishment... by DEATH!

zen3001
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:01 am 

Great, kill me now please

aperson663
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:36 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

so i good get the link to the chat? i need to talk to some fellow metalheads, since few of my friends actually like metal

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:01 pm 

It's expired.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:40 pm 

Fixed.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Frubbmcgee
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:28 pm 

Slayer1990 wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

Thanks man :D

brad265
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:00 pm 

Count me in!

Pessipath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:21 am 

Morrigan wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WiNDiR999
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:16 am 

Hello.. Can I join ? cheers

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:59 am 

Heads up, I've done a pruning of all inactive members since 30 days, so all those members would need to rejoin (they aren't banned) via the invite.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

fordi1310
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:48 am 

Joined!

SmallPoxie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:53 pm 

epic

Last edited by SmallPoxie on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrachomaSlayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:40 am 

Quote:

just finally joined discord myself not too long ago

hrjn138
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:39 am 

Morrigan wrote:

Cool!

My_Last_Battle
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:58 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

OPEN THE GATES!

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 am 

Morrigan wrote:

A Discord full of metal archives stuff? Sign me in YESTERDAY!

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

DeadLvcifer666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:26 am 

Man, i hope i quoted this right
PETERG wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

A Discord full of metal archives stuff? Sign me in YESTERDAY!

~Guest 859365
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:26 pm 

Last edited by ~Guest 859365 on Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asabovesobelow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:20 am 

I would like to get the link

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:05 am 

asabovesobelow wrote:
I would like to get the link

Click on the "quote" button in the right upper corner of the first post and you'll see the URL.

Gameofmetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 am 

Morrigan wrote:

\m/

Izmorr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:37 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

Thanks, sounds good! My band uses Discord also to keep in touch across the Atlantic

Vazfrag
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:44 am 

Morrigan wrote:

Great!

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:59 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

Joining it!

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

e_ddi_e
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:08 am 

Is the IRC the old IRC channel on EFnet?

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:13 pm 

used to be on esper

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next